PDA

View Full Version : Shaun Rogers arrested

Leroy Lizard
4/1/2010, 06:35 PM
Oh, the irony!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5048219

CLEVELAND -- Cleveland Browns nose tackle Shaun Rogers was arrested Thursday at Hopkins International Airport for carrying a loaded gun in his carry-on luggage.

Rogers, who had been at the team's suburban training facility in recent days, was stopped at a security checkpoint when officials spotted a loaded .45-caliber hand gun in his carry-on luggage, police said in a statement. He was arrested at 12:15 p.m. without incident and was booked for carrying a concealed weapon, a third-degree felony.

Rogers
Rogers

No charges have been filed at this time, police said.

Under Ohio law, a third-degree felony carries a penalty of probation to five years in prison.

It's not yet known what Rogers, who lives in Houston during the offseason, told officials about the gun or if he was traveling alone.

Browns president Mike Holmgren issued a statement saying the team was aware of Rogers' arrest.

"We will continue to gather additional information, and until the legal process has taken its course, we will reserve any further comment," the statement said.

A message seeking comment was left with Rogers' agent, Kennard McGuire.

Rogers, a three-time Pro Bowler who has played two seasons with the Browns, missed Cleveland's final five games last season after breaking his leg on Nov. 29 against Cincinnati.

JLEW1818
4/1/2010, 06:36 PM
Obama dropped charges

BudSooner
4/1/2010, 06:46 PM
jlew, Rogers plays for the Browns not da Bears. :)

TahoeSOONER
4/1/2010, 07:16 PM
It's going to take a gun and airplane for the Brown's to get any better on the field.

gaylordfan1
4/1/2010, 07:20 PM
Seriously, who does that? Do these guys really need a loaded gun at their sides at all times? Seriously! Didn't Brandon Jones do the same thing?

Leroy Lizard
4/1/2010, 07:44 PM
Barry Switzer?

Herr Scholz
4/1/2010, 08:09 PM
I guess he just earned some street cred in the NFL.

Scott D
4/1/2010, 08:27 PM
he needed some sort of cred other than the "I'm an unmotivated fatass" cred he's had since he was a rookie.

Seamus
4/1/2010, 08:29 PM
Just keepin' it real.

P.S.: yo.

Leroy Lizard
4/1/2010, 08:33 PM
I guess he just earned some street cred in the NFL.

Letterman called Barry "Switz Switzy Switz" in honor of his arrest for the same offense. What would Shaun's street name look like?

soonerinabilene
4/1/2010, 08:34 PM
so let me get this straight, leroy. you dont care about sam bradford being drafted, you said you have no interest in it because he is no longer part of OU. but a fatass former whorn gets caught with a gun and you start a thread about it?

Leroy Lizard
4/1/2010, 08:52 PM
I'll answer once you make an attempt to describe my opinions even remotely accurately.

Breadburner
4/1/2010, 09:08 PM
I just took the browns to the super bowl........

OUinFLA
4/1/2010, 09:33 PM
I just took the browns to the super bowl........

they won't all get in. I think they check for guns before they let you in the Super Bowl.

Make another pick.

Jello Biafra
4/2/2010, 08:46 AM
they won't all get in. I think they check for guns before they let you in the Super Bowl.

Make another pick.

he said, completely missing the joke....

Jello Biafra
4/2/2010, 08:48 AM
I'll answer once you make an attempt to describe my opinions even remotely accurately.

dear god,

please make leroy go away. not in a firey car crash as he attempts to swerve out of the way of a run away fuel truck but just lose his account password or something....

in jesus' name, AMEN.

BillyBall
4/2/2010, 09:18 AM
dear god,

please make leroy go away. not in a firey car crash as he attempts to swerve out of the way of a run away fuel truck but just lose his account password or something....

in jesus' name, AMEN.

You know, the ignore feature comes in pretty handy...

Jello Biafra
4/2/2010, 09:20 AM

yeh it does...and i know how to use but, choose not to. if that's ok with you ;)

BillyBall
4/2/2010, 09:23 AM
yeh it does...and i know how to use but, choose not to. if that's ok with you ;)

Not a problem, but it comes in very useful. Not reading any of RLIMC's **** is a great example.

Widescreen
4/2/2010, 10:10 AM

Seemed pretty accurate to me.

Jello Biafra
4/2/2010, 10:16 AM
Not a problem, but it comes in very useful. Not reading any of RLIMC's **** is a great example.

agreed. and she was on ignore for a few days but i thought it would be easier just to try and instigate her instead. much easier to push buttons than just continue to let her run around here like her opinion matters.

Leroy Lizard
4/2/2010, 11:38 AM

jello would shrivel up and die without me around.

Seemed pretty accurate to me.

Because you lack reading comprehension.

StoopTroup
4/3/2010, 01:28 PM
U smatk dat *** fer sho leriod!

rotflmao...

u go bouy!

StoopTroup
4/3/2010, 01:29 PM
so let me get this straight, leroy. you dont care about sam bradford being drafted, you said you have no interest in it because he is no longer part of OU. but a fatass former whorn gets caught with a gun and you start a thread about it?

:D

sooneron
4/3/2010, 03:07 PM
Barry Switzer?

That wasn't even Barry's gun. Take that FWIW. Which, sorta makes Barry look a little more inept when you think about it.

Leroy Lizard
4/3/2010, 03:47 PM
Enough about Switzer and Bradford, let's talk some more about Shaun Rogers. What's the latest?

Scott D
4/3/2010, 04:25 PM
Rogers is still fat, and he still went to Texas, and he's still the most unmotivated defensive tackle in the NFL.

Leroy Lizard
4/3/2010, 04:32 PM
Now this is sounding serious. Is there anything we can do to help him out?

Scott D
4/3/2010, 04:59 PM
You can't fix fat, lazy, and stupid.

Leroy Lizard
4/3/2010, 05:56 PM
Knowing that there was nothing I can do is my only solace