PDA

View Full Version : LeBron Not Playing for the US Team This Off Season?

HBick
3/31/2010, 09:53 PM
LeBron 'probably not playing' for Team USA in world championships

CLEVELAND (AP) -- Cavaliers superstar LeBron James says he's "probably not playing" for Team USA in this summer's world championships.

James, a captain on the U.S. team that won a gold medal at the Beijing Olympics in 2008, said he may be too busy this summer to play for the national team. He is eligible to become a free agent after this season, and said "there are a lot of decisions I need to make this summer" before he can get back on the floor.

James made the comments before Wednesday night's game against the Milwaukee Bucks.

The reigning NBA MVP is also scheduled to have a role in a movie this summer.

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/basketball/nba/03/31/lebron.team.usa.ap/index.html?eref=sihp#ixzz0joTaJPjB

I'm fairly young (22), maybe I don't "get it," but to me it seems like MJ, and all those guys back with the dream teams thought of it as a privilege to play for the US team back in 92. To me I think that maybe these players should play not because "they have a lot of important decisions to make," but because they don't view it as their passion, more so their job.

Opinions?

tommieharris91
3/31/2010, 10:09 PM
General Sports is over there.

Besides, it ain't the Olympics. Why risk the injury?

yankee
3/31/2010, 10:30 PM
world championships =/= olympics.