PDA

View Full Version : APPARENTLY, COLT DIDN'T IMPRESS THEM MUCH......

fossil
3/31/2010, 04:54 PM
because I listened to today on ESPN started out, "Well, the positives outweigh the negatives". Apparently, there are several things Colt will have to improve on to satisfy the pros. It just didn't sound like they were all that impressed with him after his pro day. Comments? What have you guys heard?

Pricetag
3/31/2010, 04:55 PM
He's a likeable guy. Glad we don't have to play him again.

Leroy Lizard
3/31/2010, 04:56 PM
I don't speak for the others, but I don't care. I barely even care about Bradford, to be honest, although I find it mildly interesting.

NormanPride
3/31/2010, 05:15 PM
Not surprising. He's got a lot of footwork to work on, and his arm strength has never been great. He's got as good a shot as any of the small fries out there, and he's got a great head on his shoulders. More teams could use a winner like him, I think.

oumartin
3/31/2010, 05:41 PM
Well St Louis is giving Colt a private workout.

Zbird
3/31/2010, 05:51 PM

You mean they might want him to be Sam's backup?

PDXsooner
3/31/2010, 06:04 PM
I don't speak for the others, but I don't care. I barely even care about Bradford, to be honest, although I find it mildly interesting.

you care. you care enough to post in this thread about it. if you really didn't care you wouldn't have felt the urge to click on the link and post that you don't care. maybe you care whether or not people think you care?

Curly Bill
3/31/2010, 06:12 PM
FWIW: ESPN outta Dallas was saying that Mel Kiper thought Colty might have moved himself into the first round.

I don't think he has the arm strength to be an NFL starting quarterback, but maybe that's just me.

GottaHavePride
3/31/2010, 06:19 PM
Courtesy of FoxSports:
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/Colts-McCoy-impresses-scouts-at-Texas-Pro-Day-033110?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

"When you have something taken away from you, like we did with the national championship, it makes you work that much harder to be your best," McCoy said. "I can't wait to see where I end up."

Waaaaah. Waaaaah.

badger
3/31/2010, 06:35 PM
Courtesy of FoxSports:
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/Colts-McCoy-impresses-scouts-at-Texas-Pro-Day-033110?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

"When you have something taken away from you, like we did with the national championship, it makes you work that much harder to be your best," McCoy said. "I can't wait to see where I end up."

Waaaaah. Waaaaah.

Can't take away what you didn't have in the first place :D

http://i39.tinypic.com/2v0khs1.jpg

GottaHavePride
3/31/2010, 06:37 PM
I think he was referring to the game where Bama stomped a new hole in them... ;)

BudSooner
3/31/2010, 06:42 PM
He's certainly not Sammy, certainly.

Leroy Lizard
3/31/2010, 07:28 PM
you care. you care enough to post in this thread about it. if you really didn't care you wouldn't have felt the urge to click on the link and post that you don't care. maybe you care whether or not people think you care?

How about, "I barely care enough to respond to a post asking if I care"?

I guess the question is, why should we care? Neither Bradford nor Colt are going to share their money with us. It's interesting, sure. I suppose there are some mild bragging points about getting your players picked high in the draft. But at some point we're going to resemble Horn fans of old in paying more attention to the NFL draft than actual on-the-field wins and losses.

badger
3/31/2010, 07:34 PM
I think he was referring to the game where Bama stomped a new hole in them... ;)

It could be referring to a multitude of things. Texas has been screwed sooo many times. Poor texas, not really :D

Stitch Face
3/31/2010, 07:36 PM

I guess the question is, why should we care? Neither Bradford nor Colt are going to share their money with us. It's interesting, sure. I suppose there are some mild bragging points about getting your players picked high in the draft. But at some point we're going to resemble Horn fans of old in paying more attention to the NFL draft than actual on-the-field wins and losses.

Or...maybe some people like to keep watching the players they enjoyed watching in college and therefore hope they do well in the NFL.

bluedogok
3/31/2010, 07:45 PM
One thing that I read is they are looking at him in a second or third round slot, if they end up making a deal with someone for the #1 pick.

SoonerShay
3/31/2010, 08:05 PM

Yeah having another millionaire possibly donate money to OU isn't a good thing at all. A quarterback being taken number 1 overall to the most popular sport in the country. If he goes on to be a star the recruiting benefits go through the roof.

There's a reason that after we landed AD, runningback recruiting got a whole lot easier.

Why should anyone care about OU winning or losing any games at all? It's not like life will stop if we do or don't. Why even have sports to watch period?

It's possible to pay attention to the draft and on field wins and losses. In case you haven't notice the season is over.

Leroy Lizard
3/31/2010, 08:31 PM
Or...maybe some people like to keep watching the players they enjoyed watching in college and therefore hope they do well in the NFL.

Well... okay.

Yeah having another millionaire possibly donate money to OU isn't a good thing at all. A quarterback being taken number 1 overall to the most popular sport in the country. If he goes on to be a star the recruiting benefits go through the roof.

Let's not get carried away. Having a QB go #1 will maybe have some mild recruiting benefits, but that's about it.

Donations to OU? Maybe, but I doubt we care about Bradford's draft status for that reason.

As for AD, he didn't go #1. In fact, didn't he go about #4? So does it really matter that much if Bradford goes #1 or #4? Maybe, but I doubt again that is the reason we pay much attention to the draft.

We can maybe find reasons for caring about the draft, but why do so many REALLY care? I think the answer is just idolatry. Some just don't have anything better to do with our lives than to worry about how much money someone else makes. It's the sports version of Oprah.

Why should anyone care about OU winning or losing any games at all? It's not like life will stop if we do or don't. Why even have sports to watch period?

You're employing the "baby/bath water" argument. Be reasonable.

gaylordfan1
3/31/2010, 08:58 PM
Why such a chip on your shoulder LL? I get it, you enjoy opposing everyone else's opinion. Some enjoy this. Namely you. I've accepted it, and we all can move on now.

StoopTroup
3/31/2010, 09:09 PM
Hey Dumbass....

Sam is a Heisman Trophy Winner. He's the Elite of College Football and lots of kids look up to him as much as any other player in Sooner History.

You down playing his success only serves continue your legacy as a SoonerFan.Com Troll.

Your freaking A right about one thing....Sam is an Idol.

There are four huge statues (soon to be five) on the East side of the Stadium to honor those Idols too.

Guys like Sam, Jason, Billy Sims, Steve and Billy Vessels are Idols. There were only three of them in 1978 when Billy won his. We got cheated out of another in 2000 IMO and in 2003 Jason proved he was worthy of the honor. Twenty Five Years of waiting. Yeah it's a big deal. You shouldn't down play something that is such an honor.

Not only that....they make movies about these kind of people. Seeing Sam win a Super Bowl and/or become an NFL Hall of Famer has huge implications for our University.

You are such an idiot.

http://www.nyfilmvideo.com/2006/lamarch2006/heisman/movie_poster_72dpi.jpg

badger
3/31/2010, 09:18 PM
There are five huge statues on the East side of the Stadium to honor those Idols too.

four. :O

silverwheels
3/31/2010, 09:44 PM
The ignore list is your friend, people.

PDXsooner
3/31/2010, 10:55 PM
Neither Bradford nor Colt are going to share their money with us.

I actually agree with this. Extend that thought a little further -- when teams win, do the players really care what the fans think? And consequently, should we (as fans) really care whether a bunch of guys that we don't know and who don't know us, score more points than some random opponent? Nope. It's completely illogical.

I don't know where I'm going with this, just analyzing.

yankee
3/31/2010, 11:23 PM
because I listened to today on ESPN started out, "Well, the positives outweigh the negatives". Apparently, there are several things Colt will have to improve on to satisfy the pros. It just didn't sound like they were all that impressed with him after his pro day. Comments? What have you guys heard?

actually, it sounds like quite the contrary. might have even been more impressive (if that's possible) than sam.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft10/news/story?id=5044786

SCOUT
3/31/2010, 11:51 PM

Would you mind posting a link to that quote please?

I doesn't matter to me, or probably anyone else, whether you care or not. The funny thing is where you posted this well thought out question and subsequent comments. It is a Sooner football message board! Are you sincerely surprised that a Sooner Heisman trophy winner is being discussed? Is it really so much of a stretch to think that opposing QB's draft status may be a topic of discussion?

I personally like the devil's advocate stance, but don't be dense about it.

SoonerShay
4/1/2010, 01:38 AM
Well... okay.

Let's not get carried away. Having a QB go #1 will maybe have some mild recruiting benefits, but that's about it.

Donations to OU? Maybe, but I doubt we care about Bradford's draft status for that reason.

As for AD, he didn't go #1. In fact, didn't he go about #4? So does it really matter that much if Bradford goes #1 or #4? Maybe, but I doubt again that is the reason we pay much attention to the draft.

We can maybe find reasons for caring about the draft, but why do so many REALLY care? I think the answer is just idolatry. Some just don't have anything better to do with our lives than to worry about how much money someone else makes. It's the sports version of Oprah.

You're employing the "baby/bath water" argument. Be reasonable.

Having a Qb go number 1 and be a star in the league does alot more than have mild recruiting benefits. AD went number 7, but he was a star in college and turned into a star in the NFL. Recruits notice this and mention him all the time.

You just sound like a jackhole coming into a thread and crapping it up. Your on a message board dedicated to OU football and complaining that people are talking about OU football players draft status.

Seriously some don't have anything better to do with their lives and your on a football message board?

I happen to like football and surprise my favorite team is OU. I could not care any less how much money Bradford is about to make. I just know how hard it is to live out a dream. He has put in a ton of hard work and it looks to be about to pay off for him. As an OU fan, I'm happy for him and also happy for OU.

Leroy Lizard
4/1/2010, 01:55 AM
Sam is a Heisman Trophy Winner. He's the Elite of College Football and lots of kids look up to him as much as any other player in Sooner History.

You down playing his success only serves continue your legacy as a SoonerFan.Com Troll.

First of all, I never downplayed his success. I just don't care that much about where he gets picked in the draft. So what?

The NCAA does not award points for it. If anything, having a huge number of top picks just raises the question, "Why didn't they win the national title?"

Not only that....they make movies about these kind of people. Seeing Sam win a Super Bowl and/or become an NFL Hall of Famer has huge implications for our University.

Go down the list of #1 picks and tell me how many Hollywood has made movies about their lives. Ernie Davis from 1962. I imagine O.J. will get one soon, although that doesn't exactly support your argument.

And this thread was supposed to be about Colt. Ooooooh, he isn't going to get picked as high as Bradford. A lot of fat good that does us.

We need to win a national title, because each year we begin to sound more and more like Horns and Aggies.

Leroy Lizard
4/1/2010, 01:57 AM
Your freaking A right about one thing....Sam is an Idol.

I idolize no one. It's demeaning.

fossil
4/1/2010, 07:10 AM
:rolleyes: Good grief Lizzy, did you get up this morning with the intent of pissing in everyone's bowl of Wheaties! Geez, what a negative nelly.

Lott's Bandana
4/1/2010, 08:07 AM
actually, it sounds like quite the contrary. might have even been more impressive (if that's possible) than sam.

McShay graded out Sam at 96/100. "Only first round QB." "Nothing against Suh and GK, but a quality QB should go first."

McCoy was 78/100. "Did the best he could do." "Weak on intermediate routes and needs to work on his timing." "Possible second round, likely third round."

rawlingsHOH
4/1/2010, 08:46 AM
Why such a chip on your shoulder LL? I get it, you enjoy opposing everyone else's opinion. Some enjoy this. Namely you. I've accepted it, and we all can move on now.
This.

He's simply another look-at-me contrarian.

Soonerntxs
4/1/2010, 08:48 AM
DO I HEAR AN AMEN! SOONER born, SOONER bred and when I bleed, I bleed SOONER RED and when I die, I'll be SOONER dead! BOOMER SOONER!

OUMallen
4/1/2010, 09:23 AM

You couldn't be more wrong.

OU players in the NFL, esp successful, high-profile ones, help the university out with free PR. Helps with recruiting. Adds to OU's tradition and legacy.

Jacie
4/1/2010, 09:56 AM
What makes the Bradford story interesting is that as Sooners we have seen OUr quarterbacks lead the team to Conference and National Championships but when it came to the NFL, none of them panned out. Sam will be the first Sooner to make it at that position. Conversely, some that beat us have sent their guys to long, storied careers, Hostetler and Elway come to mind. Lately, we have seen Vinnie and Leinart go in as high draft picks. VY has had success, the book is still out on Matt. For this year it is the reverse situation. Tebow and McCoy may or may not have pro potential. No one can deny that they have been winners at the college level. They played like men among boys. There are no boys in the NFL. They may have contributed to beating OUr team but taking it to the next level is another story and interesting to watch it unfold.

Herr Scholz
4/1/2010, 11:03 AM
Colt had an excellent pro day as did Sam. Completed 55 passes with no incompletions. Was throwing to Shipley, Quan Cosby and Nate Jones. Made all the throws, short, intermediate and long. Answered all the coaches' questions about his health and arm strength. Good for him. He did so well that he debuted on Mel Kiper's 'Big Board' which shows the top 25 available prospects. He showed up at #21.

He's projected as the 3rd QB taken after Bradford and Clausen. The consensus is early 2nd round at this point. Teams with interest seem to be the Rams (they're bringing him in for a workout - could go with Suh or G. McCoy with the 1st pick and grab Colt at #33), Redskins (Mike Shanahan likes a mobile QB), Buffalo, Cleveland (both Quinn and Anderson are gone) and Seattle (Pete Carrol liked what he saw yesterday).

http://www.statesman.com/sports/longhorns/mccoy-passes-with-flying-colors-for-nfl-scouts-497452.html

goingoneight
4/1/2010, 11:09 AM
I never thought of Colt's arm as "weak" unless you have a video of him playing catch with his dad in the locker room in Pasadena. As far as the head on his shoulders, the attitude and the "gamer" in him, I'd take Colt over Clausen anyday. Clausen has that Jamarcus Russell arm thing going for him and that's about it.

NormanPride
4/1/2010, 11:12 AM
There's a reason 90% of his passes were completed within 5 yards of the LOS. His arm strength is not excellent. He's still a winner and a great kid, and I think he'll do just fine wherever he ends up.

Herr Scholz
4/1/2010, 11:14 AM
Clausen's got a huge arm and the only one who's been playing in a pro style offense. I don't have a problem with him going high. I think he'll be a good pro.

Whichever teams get Sam and Colt will be very happy IMO though. Both solid people and winners.

Herr Scholz
4/1/2010, 11:16 AM
There's a reason 90% of his passes were completed within 5 yards of the LOS.
That's simply not true.

badger
4/1/2010, 11:26 AM
That's simply not true.

Yes - NP he's correct. His passes we completed 90 percent of the time withing THREE yards of the line of scrimmage :D

Herr Scholz
4/1/2010, 11:32 AM
He's got a big enough arm to have impressed all of the coaches there yesterday after he made all the throws. Archie Griffin said the same about him at his camp last year. He might slip into the 1st round of the NFL draft. But you guys are welcome to your opinion. Don't confuse Greg Davis' scheme with Colt's ability.

soonerloyal
4/1/2010, 11:35 AM
He's a likeable guy. Glad we don't have to play him again.

Glad to hear this from another Sooner. Colt is a talented young man, a terrific kid, and if Sam recognized it early on, the rest of the Sooner Nation should too.

Spek.

soonerloyal
4/1/2010, 11:40 AM

Even with what GB's McCarthy said, I cannot see how from that article one could possibly take that Colt was "even more impressive" than Sam.
:confused:
Seriously...how?

meoveryouxinfinity
4/1/2010, 11:43 AM
Whether accurate or not, the consensus view of Colt McCoy is that his talent is maxed out. He has hit the roof, where as Sam has the upside and potential to grow and be coached into a Peyton Manning.

But this thread is very confusing. Some say scouts & coaches weren't impressed, some say mildly impressed, and some say his day was better than Sams if that's possible. I would bet someone will take Colt in the 3rd. I would be surprised if he goes before that.

NormanPride
4/1/2010, 11:43 AM
He's got a big enough arm to have impressed all of the coaches there yesterday after he made all the throws. Archie Griffin said the same about him at his camp last year. He might slip into the 1st round of the NFL draft. But you guys are welcome to your opinion. Don't confuse Greg Davis' scheme with Colt's ability.

His accuracy suffered the further from the LOS it was, and Greg was wise to scheme around that. I'm not saying he had a noodle arm or anything, but there's a big difference between being able to throw the ball 45 yards downfield, and being able to get it there before the safety does.

Herr Scholz
4/1/2010, 11:44 AM
I think he was talking about what they were asked to do more than Sam's performance.

"I liked this workout better. I thought Colt was challenged more in his workout as far as the types of throws," McCarthy said. "Sam was very accurate, but Sam's workout was very controlled. He didn't do as much movement."

NormanPride
4/1/2010, 11:45 AM
Whether accurate or not, the consensus view of Colt McCoy is that his talent is maxed out. He has hit the roof, where as Sam has the upside and potential to grow and be coached into a Peyton Manning.

But this thread is very confusing. Some say scouts & coaches weren't impressed, some say mildly impressed, and some say his day was better than Sams if that's possible. I would bet someone will take Colt in the 3rd. I would be surprised if he goes before that.

No, he'll definitely be gone by the 2nd, unless teams are blowing smoke about him to hide their interest in other QBs. There are quite a few teams out there that need young QBs, and he's probably the 3rd best right now.

Herr Scholz
4/1/2010, 11:47 AM
His accuracy suffered the further from the LOS it was...
One could say the same thing about Sam. His deep balls weren't always pure or on the money. Sometimes they fluttered. Also, Sam benefitted from a lot of YAC from his WRs and TE just like Colt. We'll see though. If his arm is limited as you say, that won't be hidden at the next level. I obviously disagree though.

NormanPride
4/1/2010, 11:50 AM
One could say the same thing about Sam. His deep balls weren't always pure or on the money. Sometimes they fluttered. Also, Sam benefitted from a lot of YAC from his WRs and TE just like Colt. We'll see though. If his arm is limited as you say, that won't be hidden at the next level. I obviously disagree though.

Fair enough. I think Sam was known for his deep throwing capability more than Colt was, though. Colt will get his shot, and I wish him well.

Herr Scholz
4/1/2010, 11:58 AM
Same here. I always liked Sam. He's a great player and even a better person. I'm glad he's still getting drafted high and his decision to go back to school didn't harm him.

rawlingsHOH
4/1/2010, 01:02 PM

Why in the hell should we care what Archie Griffin thinks about him?

SoonerLB
4/1/2010, 01:28 PM
I wish Colt well also. I cannot say the same for "Punchy" and "Snippy" though. ;)

primetime43
4/1/2010, 01:41 PM

+1

Herr Scholz
4/1/2010, 01:43 PM
Sorry, meant the Arching Manning QB camp last summer. Colt and Sam roomed together for that. He knows a thing or two about QBs.

Jello Biafra
4/1/2010, 01:48 PM
Sorry, meant the Arching Manning QB camp last summer. Colt and Sam roomed together for that. He knows a thing or two about QBs.

roflmao...im glad you cleared that up i was like WTF does a 60+ year old RUNNINGback know about a current NFL QB prospect????

badger
4/1/2010, 02:19 PM

Peter Griffin thinks Colt is awesome. So do I.*

rawlingsHOH
4/1/2010, 02:55 PM

Ahh!

Yes, I'd respect Manning's opinion on a QB over Griffin's! lol

pappy
4/1/2010, 03:03 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=cr-fallingprospects040110&prov=yhoo&type=lgns Colt is #4 on this list.

Herr Scholz
4/1/2010, 04:22 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=cr-fallingprospects040110&prov=yhoo&type=lgns Colt is #4 on this list.

Everyone has an opinion. Drafting is more art than science (even in fantasy football). All of the coaches seemed impressed at his pro day yesterday (30 of 32 teams were represented), especially Packer coach McCarthy and Pete Carrol. The Rams are bringing him in for a workout. The Rams, Bills, Browns, Redskins and Seahawks have all expressed interest. Mel Kiper put him on his big board. Sounds like he won't last past the 2nd round. We shall see though.

And yeah, that Archie Griffin thing was a fail. ;)

PDXsooner
4/1/2010, 04:29 PM
I like Colt. I hope he gets drafted to an environment that will be successful for him. There's no position harder to gauge than QB.

NormanPride
4/1/2010, 04:34 PM
Gah, I don't want the Pack to draft him... :( We need Sooners, not horns!

Herr Scholz
4/1/2010, 04:37 PM
I like Colt. I hope he gets drafted to an environment that will be successful for him. There's no position harder to gauge than QB.

No doubt about that. Speaking of, wonder where St. Tebow will go. Do you take him over the Cent. Mich. guy Lefeavor (sp) or Pike from Cinci?

Herr Scholz
4/1/2010, 04:47 PM
Gah, I don't want the Pack to draft him... :( We need Sooners, not horns!

You don't like Jermichael Finley at TE? I think he's going to blow up for Green Bay this year. In 2009 in his first full season, he had 61 catches for 835 yards and 5 TDs. I might draft him in fantasy this season

Leroy Lizard
4/1/2010, 05:06 PM
:rolleyes: Good grief Lizzy, did you get up this morning with the intent of pissing in everyone's bowl of Wheaties! Geez, what a negative nelly.

I'm not a negative nellie, but just more even-tempered. I worship no player, but at the same time I don't crucify them unless they bring shame on the school (a certain QB in the 1980s come to mind).

For example, you don't see me ridiculing Adron Tennell. As I figure it, he could have chosen a lot of schools and he chose OU. He's a Sooner. He may be struggling, but as far as I can tell he is trying his best. He has my support as long as he does so.

I am one of the few posters that refuses to criticize players after a loss.

If I was on the team, I would play strictly for myself and my teammates. As for the fans, they'll erect statues to you when things are going well. But they will also turn on you if things don't. So who cares about them? What did Barry call them? Molecules?

No charge.

PLaw
4/1/2010, 09:08 PM
Even with what GB's McCarthy said, I cannot see how from that article one could possibly take that Colt was "even more impressive" than Sam.
Seriously...how?

CBS Sports caught the same McCarthy quote. Here is the whole article:
McCoy satisfied he aces test at Texas pro day
March 31, 2010
By Charean Williams
The Sports Xchange/CBSSports.com

AUSTIN, Texas -- Colt McCoy said his Pro Day was a first-round performance. That remains to be seen, but McCoy certainly didn't hurt his cause.

McCoy: 'I've been waiting for this day for a long time.' (AP)
McCoy threw 55 passes, according to Texas offensive coordinator Greg Davis, who scripted the workout, and completed all 55. Davis said only two passes were slightly off the mark, including one Jordan Shipley dove to catch.

"I think he proved he can make all the throws that an NFL player has to make," Davis said.

McCoy is coming off a right shoulder injury. The UT quarterback was hurt five plays into the national championship game against Alabama. He was fully cleared from the pinched nerve in his throwing shoulder three weeks ago.

He showed no ill effects Wednesday.

"I've been waiting for this day for a long time," McCoy said. "I wanted to throw bad at the combine. The doctors wouldn't let me throw, so I've just really been preparing for this, and I thought I went out and killed it today."

Packers coach Mike McCarthy, whose team isn't in the market for a quarterback, left impressed with McCoy. In fact, McCarthy gave McCoy the highest praise, saying McCoy's workout was better than Oklahoma's Sam Bradford on Monday.

"I like this workout better from the fact ... I thought Colt was challenged more in his workout as far as the type of throws," McCarthy said. "I thought in Sam's workout, he was very accurate, but Sam's workout was very controlled. He didn't do as much movement and driving throws, in my opinion."

McCoy said his favorite throw was deep off play-action when he hit Jordan Shipley for 50 yards. He also thought he proved his arm strength with the wide-field comebacks and wide-field digs to the weak side.

"There's about four things they needed to see," said McCoy, who did not do anything else -- run the 40, measure his vertical leap or broad jump or run a three-cone drill -- for scouts. "They wanted to see my footwork underneath the center. They told me it was excellent. They wanted to see some play-action, and I felt like I did great at that. They wanted to see my accuracy, and my quick release and what I did on the deep ball. When you go 100 percent, there's really not much you do wrong. I felt like today was really good."

McCoy has had two individual workouts with teams and will have several more before the April 22-24 draft. The Rams and the Browns are on his long itinerary.

Browns coach Eric Mangini was among those at McCoy's workout Wednesday. Redskins general manager Bruce Allen, Steelers director of football operations Kevin Colbert, Vikings vice president of player personnel Rick Spielman and Seahawks coach Pete Carroll were other representatives from 30 NFL teams.

"He can make the throws," Carroll said. "He did a nice job of getting the ball out on the deep throws."

Kindle does little

Linebacker Sergio Kindle stood on his combine workout when he ran a 4.65. He did the long shuttle (12.41) and position drills Wednesday. Kindle will visit Tennessee, Cleveland and Miami.

"I think he'll be a good rush guy," Titans national director of college scouting C.O. Brocato said. "That'll be his forte. He'll be a blitz guy."

Thomas runs fast

Safety Earl Thomas ran a 4.38 in his only 40-yard dash, but he tweaked his hamstring in the process and didn't do any other drills. The scouts had hoped to see him in the three-cone and the shuttles since he skipped those tests at the combine.

"He pulled up today," Bengals coach Mike Zimmer said. "[He'll] be a good productive player in the NFL, just like most of these guys who come out of here."

Thomas, who also posted a 32-inch vertical jump, had not expected to run the 40 but was talked into it.

"My competitiveness got to me," Thomas said. "A lot of coaches asked me, 'Are you going to run?' I felt like I needed to calm people down or something like that."

Shipley performs well

Receiver Jordan Shipley ran times of 4.53 and 4.56 in his two 40s. He also had a 36½-inch vertical, a 10-foot broad jump and caught everything thrown to him.

"I think he worked out exactly like I thought he would," Texas offensive coordinator Greg Davis said. "Great body control. Great ability to accelerate to the football. Tremendous hands. I thought he did just what we thought he would do."

Charean Williams covers football for the Fort Worth Star-Telegram and is the president of the Pro Football Writers of America.

PDXsooner
4/1/2010, 09:57 PM
No doubt about that. Speaking of, wonder where St. Tebow will go. Do you take him over the Cent. Mich. guy Lefeavor (sp) or Pike from Cinci?

I like Lefevre. the MAC is a QB conference.

Mac guys:
Chad Pennington
Byron Leftwich
Ben Roethlisberger
Charlie Batch
Gradkowski
Charlie Frye

Crucifax Autumn
4/1/2010, 10:30 PM
I wanted to throw bad at the combine

Hey colt...You're doing it wrong!

unbiasedtruth
4/1/2010, 10:30 PM
this is my only knock on Colt..... when I have seen him on camera standing next to a legit 6'4" Sam Bradford he looks 3-4 inches shorter.

2008 Heisman award when Sam, Tim and Colt stood side by side, Sam was a good 2 inches taller than Tim who was at least 1-2 inches taller than Colt.

I dont see anything else about him that would keep him from being successful in the NFL except for his height..... but then there is Doug Flutie too.....

OK2U
4/1/2010, 10:55 PM
That Superbowl MVP guy, Brees, ain't't too tall either...

Stitch Face
4/2/2010, 09:04 AM
this is my only knock on Colt..... when I have seen him on camera standing next to a legit 6'4" Sam Bradford he looks 3-4 inches shorter.

2008 Heisman award when Sam, Tim and Colt stood side by side, Sam was a good 2 inches taller than Tim who was at least 1-2 inches taller than Colt.

I dont see anything else about him that would keep him from being successful in the NFL except for his height..... but then there is Doug Flutie too.....

Sam had cowboy boots on at the ceremony. Colt was wearing Birkenstocks.

Sonner magic923
4/2/2010, 09:19 AM
all I know is that i would take Colts weak arm over Jamarcus Russells cannon arm all day every day

SanJoaquinSooner
4/2/2010, 09:26 AM
all I know is that i would take Colts weak arm over Jamarcus Russells cannon arm all day every dayRussell is up to 290 lbs. this off season. Rumor is they are going to sew the digit 7 in front of his digit 2 on his jersey and make him a tackle.

Herr Scholz
4/2/2010, 10:17 AM
Colt's a shade over 6'1". That's not the prototypical NFL QB but there are plenty of players that size in the league. In fact, almost every single team has a QB that size on their roster. And Drew Brees is only 6'0" and he's #1 in fantasy and just won the Super Bowl so it just depends.

picasso
4/2/2010, 10:24 AM
Don't confuse Greg Davis' scheme with Colt's ability.

Colt should kiss the ground that guy walks on.

NormanPride
4/2/2010, 11:54 AM
You don't like Jermichael Finley at TE? I think he's going to blow up for Green Bay this year. In 2009 in his first full season, he had 61 catches for 835 yards and 5 TDs. I might draft him in fantasy this season

Quite the opposite. I have to impress on baj how good he is because she tends to dismiss him because he's from Texas. I'm just being a selfish Sooner fan, is all. :D

I was hoping we'd get a shot at Gresham, but since Finley's doing well I'm not sure we need him... I'd rather get a great pass rusher or a safety.

StoopTroup
4/2/2010, 03:59 PM
If I was on the team, I would play strictly for myself and my teammates. As for the fans, they'll erect statues to you when things are going well. But they will also turn on you if things don't. So who cares about them? What did Barry call them? Molecules?

I think he's referring to Dallas Fans.

You really should just quit posting.

Your theories would say that having Teams who had won 7 National Championships really serve no purpose either. Thus guys like The King really didn't matter either. With views like that...Barry wouldn't have returned to Norman to help when Bob turned things around...he would have just kept saying that the fans were unfair to John Blake.

If you were on the Team and voiced that attitude you'd probably be escorted down to I-35 to thumb your way Home.

Leroy Lizard
4/2/2010, 04:01 PM
You obviously didn't read Barry's book.

badger
4/2/2010, 04:03 PM
just got replaced by a bobblehead
http://images.huffingtonpost.com/gen/131433/GARRETT-GILBERT-TEXAS-QB.jpg

StoopTroup
4/2/2010, 04:05 PM
You obviously didn't read Barry's book.

If you need a copy let me know.

You obviously haven't heard anything he's said since returning to Norman.

Leroy Lizard
4/2/2010, 04:36 PM
If you really don't think Barry called the fans "molecules," come out and say so. I'm not going to play this silly "Guess what I'm thinking" game.

StoopTroup
4/2/2010, 04:37 PM
Especially when what you're thinking changes from minute to minute.

StoopTroup
4/2/2010, 04:39 PM
You sure have a lot to say for someone who says he doesn't care about any of it.

StoopTroup
4/2/2010, 04:42 PM
I can take a board sabbatical and come back a month later and the Soap Opera "As the Lizard Turns" picks right up where it left off.

stoops the eternal pimp
4/3/2010, 10:40 AM
The things McCoy and brees have in common is they are both from Texas and short..

McCoy is more jeff Garcia than drew brees

and what any coach or NFLer says about any workout to the media,
Bradfords or mccoys or anybody elses, should be taken with a grain of salt..

Is mike McCarthy looking for a number 1 qb? No.. Is he looking for a solid 2 later? Yup.. Now, who is he gonna say positive things about in the media?

JLEW1818
4/3/2010, 10:49 AM
i didn't know u still posted here

Leroy Lizard
4/3/2010, 11:49 AM
I can take a board sabbatical and come back a month later and the Soap Opera "As the Lizard Turns" picks right up where it left off.

StoopTroup's anti-lizard rants remind me of those Burma Shave signs they used to display on the sides of the road.

StoopTroup
4/3/2010, 01:09 PM
Is that where your Parents pushed you out of the car?

Leroy Lizard
4/3/2010, 01:14 PM
Do I see another message from StoopTroup coming 'round the bend?

StoopTroup
4/3/2010, 01:17 PM
http://www.keeganorange.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/bill-engvall.jpg

yankee
4/3/2010, 03:11 PM
Seriously...how?

"I liked this workout better. I thought Colt was challenged more in his workout as far as the types of throws," McCarthy said. "Sam was very accurate, but Sam's workout was very controlled. He didn't do as much movement."

you'll also note that i said "might have been more impressive".
my hatred runs deep for texas, but at least i'm not blind enough to know that colt actually impressed scouts, contrary to what the title of the thread says.

bluedogok
4/3/2010, 07:08 PM
He "impressed them" enough to be considered a possible second round selection. I don't think McCarthy is looking for a starter either with Aaron Rodgers there, he may be looking for a late round backup to groom.