PDA

View Full Version : WHY stanford needs a good azz whoopin

Jello Biafra
3/31/2010, 03:21 PM
ok badg, heres your shot...i want the history. the nitty gritty details fo why they are so hated. i want to hate them but to me, they aren't baylor or conn...

baylor has skeletor and she just screams hateful bish to me. Con seems like a profesional bb team and has for the last 10 years. the head coach is just seems like a cheeze ball. stanford, meh...nothing stands out.

Eielson
3/31/2010, 03:43 PM
I'm pretty sure they beat us a few years ago.

Jello Biafra
3/31/2010, 03:51 PM
I'm pretty sure they beat us a few years ago.

and so did BYU in football...do you hate them?

badger
3/31/2010, 03:52 PM
Thanks, but I intend to post this throughout the week. I don't want to put too much out there right away... but don't worry, I'll get to it.

Eielson
3/31/2010, 07:59 PM
and so did BYU in football...do you hate them?

Always have. Anyway, it was in the tournament, and ended our season. We had a good team, too.

BudsBoy
4/1/2010, 04:20 AM
It's because of an incident when the Trees came to Norman early in the season and their freshman point guard and L Caufield fouled her as she was on a break away layup. She crashed to the floor and tore her ACL and was out for the year. Stanford won that game, and Tara claimed Caufield hurt her on purpose. At the end of the season Stanford with a higher ranking had to come to Norman for a sub regional which they thought they should have hosted, and lost to Oklahoma. When asked about the comments of Tara at the press conference before the game, Sherri made not comment, but tossed a video tape of the game on the table and told the press to watch the tape and decide for themselves if it was intentional. Bad blood then, now, I doubt it.

NormanPride
4/1/2010, 11:31 AM
That and a lot of other things. Stanford has never had class, and every time we seem to encounter them the situation just gets worse.

badger
4/1/2010, 11:44 AM
Bad blood then, now, I doubt it.

Oh no, it's definitely still there.

Sherri will schedule EVERY top team in the country, regardless of conference, location, timing, etc. We play Notre Dame off in some island? Sure. We play Tennessee home-and-home? Awesome. We play UConn in the middle of our conference season? Fun!

We play Stanford at any time other than when we're forced to in the postseason tourney? NO!

I have wanted OU to play Stanford more so I could hate them even more, but we will ONLY play Stanford if they are the opponent we draw in the touney. If Sherri was given the option of playing UConn first in the Final Four, she'd probably take it and throw Baylor at the stupid cardinal trees.

Bad blood?? Sherri is the nicest coach in the world and there is only one program and coach that seem to get her loathing: Stanford.

...sooner
4/1/2010, 11:44 AM
It's because of an incident when the Trees came to Norman early in the season and their freshman point guard and L Caufield fouled her as she was on a break away layup. She crashed to the floor and tore her ACL and was out for the year. Stanford won that game, and Tara claimed Caufield hurt her on purpose. At the end of the season Stanford with a higher ranking had to come to Norman for a sub regional which they thought they should have hosted, and lost to Oklahoma. When asked about the comments of Tara at the press conference before the game, Sherri made not comment, but tossed a video tape of the game on the table and told the press to watch the tape and decide for themselves if it was intentional. Bad blood then, now, I doubt it.

what year was this?

badger
4/1/2010, 11:48 AM
what year was this?

Here's a 2001 file story to relive how the feud started.

Link (http://articles.sfgate.com/2001-03-19/sports/17591088_1_oral-roberts-stanford-bethany-donaphin)

...sooner
4/1/2010, 11:50 AM
Here's a 2001 file story to relive how the feud started.

Link (http://articles.sfgate.com/2001-03-19/sports/17591088_1_oral-roberts-stanford-bethany-donaphin)

thank you! i was just about to ask for one! :D