PDA

View Full Version : Bama/Texas Tech JerryDome Matchup....

Sabanball
3/30/2010, 05:15 PM
to open the 2012 season? Looks like it's in the works, though I'm not really for it. I like going to Atlanta better...

http://www.tidesports.com/article/20100330/NEWS/100339998/1011?Title=UA-Texas-Tech-game-in-works

NormanPride
3/30/2010, 05:36 PM
Think Opie will still be their coach?

soonerloyal
3/30/2010, 05:47 PM
Somebody tell 'Bama they'd better watch out. The first top college team to open their season there had...

Ouch.

rainiersooner
3/30/2010, 05:54 PM
Who is opening there next year (2010)?

yermom
3/30/2010, 05:54 PM
it's like Iron Bowl Lite

and yeah, you'd be better off in Atlanta :rolleyes:

i'd rather go to a game in Stoolwater than Arlington

Jacie
3/30/2010, 08:10 PM
Does JJ actually have to pay the teams to play there or are their paychecks picked up by the broadcast network?

Salt City Sooner
3/30/2010, 08:38 PM
Win or lose, chalk one up for Tubs in my books. I liked Leach & all, but good OOC's are my favorite games of the year, & TTU hasn't played a BCS conference team in the OOC regular season since 2003. (although I will give them some credit, they did play TCU a couple of times in that stretch).

swardboy
3/30/2010, 08:42 PM
Stop whining. At least you're not going to Lube Ock.

Sabanball
3/30/2010, 08:43 PM
Win or lose, chalk one up for Tubs in my books. I liked Leach & all, but good OOC's are my favorite games of the year, & TTU hasn't played a BCS conference team in the OOC regular season since 2003. (although I will give them some credit, they did play TCU a couple of times in that stretch).

I agree, this game will have a lot more upside for Tubs and TT than it will for us. Down here, most Bama fans I talk to would much rather have a matchup with you guys, the horns, or even Nebraska. I know the red raiders have had a nice run lately, but they are still middle of the pack in the Big 12.

madillsoonerfan5353
3/31/2010, 09:48 AM
Who is opening there next year (2010)?

tcu vs oregon state sep 4th

Jello Biafra
3/31/2010, 10:03 AM
I agree, this game will have a lot more upside for Tubs and TT than it will for us. Down here, most Bama fans I talk to would much rather have a matchup with you guys, the horns, or even Nebraska. I know the red raiders have had a nice run lately, but they are still middle of the pack in the Big 12.

like they always say, trap game. if you win, you won't win by enough in the country's opinion. if you lose, you had no business playing OR losing to them.

no win situation.

gaylordfan1
3/31/2010, 10:06 AM
Ok, read the thread title wrong.... Thought it was Bama and TU. Not that interested now.....:(

Sabanball
3/31/2010, 06:48 PM
like they always say, trap game. if you win, you won't win by enough in the country's opinion. if you lose, you had no business playing OR losing to them.

no win situation.

Agreed. However, there's been some scuttlebutt down here today that TT as an opponent is not yet written in stone, and that some other teams ARE being considered as an opponent for us.

OUstud
4/1/2010, 12:40 AM
Well if you do go...it's not THAT great. It's a typical sterile NFL stadium that costs twice as much as all the others, and has the acoustics of a Sam's Club. Definitely not a good college football environment.

Collier11
4/1/2010, 01:18 AM
Good non conference college football games are one of the most exciting thing in sports to watch IMO other than OU football.

Jacie
4/1/2010, 09:59 AM
Ok, read the thread title wrong.... Thought it was Bama and TU. Not that interested now.....:(

TU = Tulane or Tulsa?

NormanPride
4/1/2010, 11:14 AM
I would love another home and home with Bama. Their fans were excellent and their stadium was awesome. The games kicked *** as well, even though I almost died at one. :D

Sabanball
4/1/2010, 06:54 PM
I would love another home and home with Bama. Their fans were excellent and their stadium was awesome. The games kicked *** as well, even though I almost died at one. :D

I don't know any true OU or Bama fan that would not want that as well, but I just don't see it happening. As far as the 2012 game goes, though, supposedly Notre Dame is under consideration as well, and our AD Mal Moore is going to meet with ND officials at some point this summer to hold some talks, but looks like their tv contract with NBC may not allow it and/or create too many conditions that the matchup would not be very palatable to us. For instance, why on earth would we want to play them in Dallas if they controlled all the tickets?

JLEW1818
4/1/2010, 06:55 PM
tcu vs oregon state sep 4th

I'll be sure not to watch it

great for TCU tho

bluedogok
4/1/2010, 08:12 PM
Well if you do go...it's not THAT great. It's a typical sterile NFL stadium that costs twice as much as all the others, and has the acoustics of a Sam's Club. Definitely not a good college football environment.
We were in the lower bowl for the BYU game (the end where Sam went down) and the whole place felt like a large arena, not a stadium. My wife (a Cowboys fan) agreed with me, especially after we went to the Dallas-Denver game at Invesco last fall. We might still end up going if Tech does play the game since she is a Tech alum.

gaylordfan1
4/1/2010, 08:22 PM
I will NEVER enter that place again!

Breadburner
4/1/2010, 09:16 PM
****....Jerry Jones....

Salt City Sooner
4/1/2010, 11:03 PM
I don't know any true OU or Bama fan that would not want that as well, but I just don't see it happening. As far as the 2012 game goes, though, supposedly Notre Dame is under consideration as well, and our AD Mal Moore is going to meet with ND officials at some point this summer to hold some talks, but looks like their tv contract with NBC may not allow it and/or create too many conditions that the matchup would not be very palatable to us. For instance, why on earth would we want to play them in Dallas if they controlled all the tickets?
If they sign up to play the Tide that year, I'll give their AD & Kelly credit for having some serious stones, as they're already slated to come to Norman that year. Pretty gutsy in the age of the ever-increasingly rare good OOC matchup.