PDA

View Full Version : Dez Bryant is rediculous

Collier11
3/30/2010, 03:09 PM
For a guy who is already under scrutiny for his supposed inability to show up to meetings and practices on time, the deal with Deion, and now he forgets his cleats to his private workout, Dez is hurting himself.

Dez Bryant forgot his cleats
Posted by Mike Florio on March 30, 2010 3:01 PM ET
As it turns out, Oklahoma State receiver Dez Bryant showed up on time for his Pro Day workout.

His cleats, however, didn't make the trip.

We're told that Bryant forgot to bring his cleats, and that as a result he had to wear a pair of brand-new shoes, which had not properly been broken in.

As a result, Bryant was slipping, as NFLN's Mike Mayock pointed out when discussing the workout on the air.

Per a league source, at least one team measured Bryant's times in the 40-yard dash at 4.57 and 4.62 seconds, within the 4.52 to 4.68 range reported by NFL.com. He presumably would have run faster, but for the slipping.

BillyBall
3/30/2010, 03:12 PM
Isn't this the Malcolm Kelly defense?

Collier11
pretty much

oumartin
Guy is a moron.

Boomer.....
3/30/2010, 03:27 PM
His stock continues to drop.

KantoSooner
3/30/2010, 03:49 PM
I hope he wakes up. Lot's of native talent with a very questionable control tower to guide it....

yermom
3/30/2010, 04:23 PM
has he reported to Arlington yet?

SunnySooner
3/30/2010, 04:24 PM
There's aggy...and then, there's REALLY aggy. Duh. Moe-ron.

badger
3/30/2010, 04:59 PM
A lot of things would have been different if he would have just

1- Never associated with Deion Sanders
2- Never lied to the NCAA
3- Never left Stillwater to train on his own

Everything that's happened since the Deion Sanders relationship hasn't really been a good thing. About all that's been good was getting a major endorsement deal with Under Armour, which featured him in a national campaign. Everything else? blowing raspberries.

Tigeman
3/30/2010, 05:41 PM
Next up.... get drafted late in the first and hold out claiming he should have been picked top 5!

cvsooner
3/30/2010, 06:32 PM
He's a bust. Already.

Stitch Face
3/30/2010, 06:49 PM
According to orangepower none of this is relevant because Dez is the biggest, fastest, quickest accelerating, sure-handed, most athletic WR with the most YAC in the draft. So he has that going for him.

Curly Bill
3/30/2010, 06:53 PM
Despite all the crapola associated with him I gotta coupla bucks that says he doesn't last until the late first round.

Crucifax Autumn
3/30/2010, 07:04 PM
Just what the nfl needs...another idiot.

Sooner13
3/30/2010, 07:08 PM
Anyone ever heard how AD goes through sometimes 2 or 3 pairs of new cleats in one game? I don't see him slipping every time he tries to run......

Jacie
3/30/2010, 08:09 PM
The 1st round of the 2010 NFL draft is thin on offense. Dez is the only projected WR so Orangepower is probably right this time. Dez can get away with being a little squirrly for now and it may not cost him too much money in lost draft position. He will have to prove it on the field once he finds his cleats but that won't happen for while.

badger
3/30/2010, 09:02 PM
Anyone ever heard how AD goes through sometimes 2 or 3 pairs of new cleats in one game? I don't see him slipping every time he tries to run......

Sh!tty Nike shoes :rolleyes:

Boarder
3/30/2010, 09:51 PM
He's just continuing the aggy tradition of Thurman Thomas' helmet.

Leroy Lizard
3/30/2010, 10:13 PM
Anyone ever heard how AD goes through sometimes 2 or 3 pairs of new cleats in one game?

Why would he need to change shoes in the middle of a game?

GottaHavePride
3/30/2010, 10:53 PM

'Cause he's so damn fast his shoes melt.

Sooner13
3/30/2010, 11:13 PM

He likes them to be stiff which in turn helps his ability to cut and so forth

Rickety_Syd
3/31/2010, 01:36 AM
According to orangepower none of this is relevant because Dez is the biggest, fastest, quickest accelerating, sure-handed, most athletic WR with the most YAC in the draft. So he has that going for him.

Not only that, but they blame the big, bad media for trying to bring Dez down because, you know, OSU is so damn important that that's all the media thinks about.

My prediction: Bryant is a holdout come training camp, then turns out to be a bust, kind of like the great Woods brothers and superman Adarius Bowman.

Leroy Lizard
3/31/2010, 01:55 AM
He likes them to be stiff

Where is a reporter from the Orlando Sentinel when you need him?

oudavid1
3/31/2010, 07:59 AM
Where is a reporter from the Orlando Sentinel when you need him?

If he were my son we would be going at it right now...

stoops the eternal pimp
3/31/2010, 01:53 PM
Dez is an idiot

1. all the stuff mentioned already about his cleats and stuff
2. having bobby reid throwing him passes probably done as a slap in the face to the osu program to go along with his refusal to allow them to help him with his workouts
3. his current relationship with pacman jones...

Boomer.....
3/31/2010, 02:04 PM

They thought the same about Adarius Bowman.

badger
3/31/2010, 02:15 PM
If you want to read more on Dez's shoes, attitude and apparant lack of grammer education, read here. (http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=93&articleid=20100331_93_0_hriEDI425982)

Jello Biafra
3/31/2010, 02:25 PM
man, hes friggin mike tyson and terrell owens sprinkled with a little ochocinco and a side order of Booby miles all wrapped up on the same plate.

Zbird
3/31/2010, 05:54 PM
Guy is a moron.

He's having Dinner with Jerry Johnson - Like minds and all that.

Collier11
3/31/2010, 06:34 PM
Dez confronts the criticism in a kind of English script

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-draft-dezsdiary&prov=ap&type=lgns

BudSooner
3/31/2010, 06:40 PM
Dez confronts the criticism in a kind of English script

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-draft-dezsdiary&prov=ap&type=lgns
Heh.

“What do this got to do with me playing football? Even if I did forget my cleats, what do that have to do with me playing football? I don’t think it has anything to do with me playing football.”

He loves himself some Pacman Jones, whatatool.

Stitch Face
3/31/2010, 07:28 PM
"Why down talk the man? The man did everything right."

Sound familiar? This must be the mantra Gundy drills into them at Boone State.

'Don't let 'em bedowngrade you! You doin' everthing right!'

rawlingsHOH
4/1/2010, 08:42 AM
Isn't this the Malcolm Kelly defense?

Not exactly. Dez's workout was done by himself, at his own field, on his own terms. Kelly was expecting to run in Mosier, instead the scouts requested they run in Everest. So the unpreparedness was a little more forgivable.

meoveryouxinfinity
4/1/2010, 09:22 AM
Gawd, the man sounds less intelligent than Vince Young, if that's possible.

Jacie
4/1/2010, 10:03 AM
Gawd, the man sounds less intelligent than Vince Young, if that's possible.

I never heard her talk but there was that pic of the SC cheerleader when Vinne scored . . .

SoCal
4/1/2010, 10:04 AM
Dez Bryant fires back at critics and the English language
Mar 31st, 2010 by Micah Warren

Oklahoma St. WR Dez Bryant has been called by some experts the best WR prospect to come out since Calvin Johnson in 2007. But there have also been questions about his desire to play football, with some reports claiming that he showed up late to games and forgot his cleats at his Pro Day recently.

Well, Dez has had enough, and he tells the AP that he’s going to prove a lot of people wrong. And he does so while not-so-subtly butchering the living hell out of the King’s English.

“I’m not the type of person that will try to confront somebody but now I feel like it’s gone too far. It’s gone too far,” Bryant said. “I ain’t never got in trouble with nobody. I never said anything. I don’t say anything wrong to nobody. I’m friendly. This here is too far.

“What do this got to do with me playing football? Even if I did forget my cleats, what do that have to do with me playing football? I don’t think it has anything to do with me playing football.”

We like that he has a chip on his shoulder and wants to get out there and prove people wrong. It seems like he could be an elite player. But that doesn’t mean that the president of Oklahoma State University is excited about reading these quotes. We’ve heard bad grammar, but he’s pretty far from putting a proper sentence together.

“What is this? Y’all don’t want me to go to the NFL or something? It’s going to happen,” Bryant said. “It is going to happen. God blessed me to have this ability to play this game.

“I haven’t did anything wrong to nobody.”

No you haven’t. And you are well within your rights to bust your rear end and go prove all these “experts” wrong. But please, the grammar?

“I don’t look for trouble. I don’t find trouble or none of that stuff. I’m not a troublemaker,” Bryant said. “Just because I’ve experienced bad things, that don’t make me no bad person. That don’t make my mom a bad person. My mom overcame a lot of adversity just as well as I have.”

We don’t think Bryant is a bad kid. Lazy and not always diligent? Perhaps, but we don’t know for sure. The only thing we know for sure is that Bryant should be glad that the NFL involves playing football and not writing essays.

rawlingsHOH
4/1/2010, 10:14 AM
Is this from The Onion?

stoops the eternal pimp
4/1/2010, 10:27 AM
A little side note:

2 scouts left his workout impressed with Bobby Reid and the way his passes cut through the wind...said he looked pretty good..Randy Mueller said the same

goingoneight
4/1/2010, 11:00 AM
If you want to read more on Dez's shoes, attitude and apparant lack of grammer education, read here. (http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=93&articleid=20100331_93_0_hriEDI425982)

Is this a jab at the thread title? :D

Collier11
4/1/2010, 11:44 AM
A little side note:

2 scouts left his workout impressed with Bobby Reid and the way his passes cut through the wind...said he looked pretty good..Randy Mueller said the same

Is Reid gonna get drafted STEP? I hear he busted his butt after his season to get ready for the draft

stoops the eternal pimp
4/1/2010, 11:59 AM
i don't know if he will get drafted, but he's made the most of these workouts...The guy has the all the physical tools for sure...He has recovered from the ACL injury and has always had a live arm..I just don't think he is mentally tough enough

stoops the eternal pimp
4/1/2010, 12:17 PM
But this is a "backup quarterback draft", so he has that going for him

ashley
4/3/2010, 07:49 PM
From what I have seen he can only do two things well. Catch the ball and run down the field.

VA Sooner
4/4/2010, 07:52 PM
What a bonehead. One of the biggest days of your future career and you forget your cleats?????

Jello Biafra
4/5/2010, 09:45 AM
What a bonehead. One of the biggest days of your future career and you forget your cleats?????

yeh...i was thinking this earlier but didnt actually say it...from the age of 6 or so, when you first start your football career, this is the day you dream about...im calling BS. i say it was an excuse.

soonerfan28
4/5/2010, 09:49 AM
He'll get drafted in the 1st round b/c somebody is always willing to take a chance on character if talent is there.

Jello Biafra
4/5/2010, 09:59 AM
He'll get drafted in the 1st round b/c somebody is always willing to take a chance on character if talent is there.

unfortunately, i think he will be another TO clone in a couple of years.

bluedogok
4/5/2010, 04:27 PM
TO at least waited until he had some credibility before acting like a total head case. Too many of these college receivers come in as head cases. Reminds me of a quote that I heard somewhere by an ex lineman, the further they are away from the ball the louder they chirp.

Jello Biafra
4/5/2010, 05:35 PM
TO at least waited until he had some credibility before acting like a total head case. Too many of these college receivers come in as head cases. Reminds me of a quote that I heard somewhere by an ex lineman, the further they are away from the ball the louder they chirp.

roflmao....thats good. never heard it and very true....

Piware
4/18/2010, 01:51 AM
I hope he wakes up. Lot's of native talent with a very questionable control tower to guide it....

In the fine tradition of Tinker Bell, maybe he can go through the halls of the hotel, find some luggage sitting outside a door and steal some cleats out said luggage. When he is caught with them it will, of course, be a fluke accident.

I can't wait to see an NFL defense take a couple shots at him and we will see just how cool he really is. LOL!