PDA

View Full Version : Women's Gymnastics wins 3rd straight Big 12 title, #1 seed in University Park Region

bri
3/29/2010, 09:03 PM
The bendy juggernaut that is the University of Oklahoma women's gymnastics team continues their roll. On the heels of an undefeated regular season, they went to Lincoln and won the Big 12 championship for the third straight year, and now they're seeded first in the University Park NCAA regional, taking place April 10. As usual, the NCAA did a Sooner team no favors, putting us in a region with the third-seeded host team Penn State as well as second seed LSU (the only other team to hand #1 Alabama a loss this season). Maryland, Ohio State and New Hampshire round out the regional field. The top two teams advance to the national championships April 22-24 in Gainesville, Fla.

bri
4/10/2010, 09:18 PM
The ladies took the regional tonight with a 197.25, advancing to the nationals April 22-24. Individual winners were Hollie Vise on beam (we had the top 3 finishers in that event) and Jackie Flanery on floor. It's the third regional title in the program's history.

RACHEL MADDOW is my clone
4/10/2010, 09:23 PM
Nicely done girls!!

nBoSTP
4/11/2010, 08:46 AM
I live in Pennsylvania and attended the meet last night. I have been a life long sooner football fan. My wife has been a life long gymnastics fan so I started becoming interested in it. Through this casual interest in gymnastics I became a fan of Hollie Vise when she was an elite gymnast. To this day my wife still laughs at me for holding a grudge against Marta Karoli for not picking Hollie to go to the olympics in 2004 even though she was the world frickin champion on uneven bars. LOL!! So last night was the first time I have ever attended an Oklahoma sporting event of any sort and I must say I was impressed at how well the Oklahoma fans travel. My wife and I sat in the last row behind the Oklahoma fans reserved section. I had my Adrian Peterson football jersey on and the oklahoma fans there gave me a foam finger and a BOOMER SOONER sign to help cheer the team on. My wife and I had an awesome time and I just wanted to say thank you for the gifts and congrats to the girls. I am so glad to be a fan of the sooners this morning.

bri
4/11/2010, 06:37 PM
That's awesome, man. I'm glad you got to be there and had such a good experience. I'll be sure and pass your thanks & congrats on to the squad. :)