PDA

View Full Version : 3 Awesome Things I've Witnessed in Vicksburg So Far

SicEmBaylor
3/29/2010, 07:28 PM
1. A black dude dancing drunk on the sidewalk last Friday night.

2. A black dude driving a fuscia colored new beetle with spinning rims and blaring the hippity hop.

3. A kid about 8 or so at McAlister's Deli giving his dad a history lesson on the War of Northern Aggression. The kid went on for some time but highlights included (in his very southern accent), "Think about it dad. How were we supposed to win when the yankees had all those people and all those factories?" It brought a tear to my eye.

Collier11
3/29/2010, 08:16 PM
Have you drank with Larry Eustachy yet?

SicEmBaylor
3/29/2010, 08:29 PM
Have you drank with Larry Eustachy yet?

Not yet, but I'm not into the college partying scene just yet. Give me another year though and it's Back to College 2011!

Okla-homey
3/30/2010, 07:19 AM
3. A kid about 8 or so at McAlister's Deli giving his dad a history lesson on the War of Northern Aggression. The kid went on for some time but highlights included (in his very southern accent), "Think about it dad. How were we supposed to win when the yankees had all those people and all those factories?" It brought a tear to my eye.

That made you moist? Sounds to me like the boy has a basic understanding of why the slavocracy elites were a pack of bourbon-soaked nimcompoops for starting a war they couldn't possibly win in the first damn place.

delhalew
3/30/2010, 11:04 AM
Do you think the only way to abolish slavery was to wage war against fellow Americans. Honest Abe struck a blow against state sovoreignty still felt today.
Its an honest question, not sarcasm or an attach.

BillyBall
3/30/2010, 11:06 AM
That made you moist?

He's apparently pretty easy.

Mjcpr
3/30/2010, 11:09 AM
Do you think the only way to abolish slavery was to wage war against fellow Americans. Honest Abe struck a blow against state sovoreignty still felt today.
Its an honest question, not sarcasm or an attach.

I did not get the attachment, please resend.

TIA

yermom
3/30/2010, 11:10 AM
i don't know, i'm feeling pretty attached

JohnnyMack
3/30/2010, 11:12 AM
The founding fathers gave the southern states plenty of time to phase slavery out on their own.

yermom
3/30/2010, 11:13 AM
i don't follow.

didn't they own slaves? when did slavery become passe in the North?

delhalew
3/30/2010, 11:20 AM
George Mason tried to get anti-slavery language included in the Constitution, but was defeated.
I'm driving, so if I mess up a letter here or there...get over it.

JohnnyMack
3/30/2010, 11:27 AM
i don't follow.

didn't they own slaves? when did slavery become passe in the North?

Many states up north did allow for the ownership of slaves. However the northern states were simply more proactive in phasing out slavery. The south refused to eliminate slavery because they couldn't exist without the labor. Period.

yermom
3/30/2010, 11:33 AM
you know, like the illegals now ;)

Bourbon St Sooner
3/30/2010, 12:09 PM
you know, like the illegals now ;)

Heh. Maybe the southwest will secede if they can't keep their cheap housekeepers.

Curly Bill
3/30/2010, 12:27 PM
Secede hell! We're being taken over by the Messicans! If anything we'll become part of Mexico again soon.

delhalew
3/30/2010, 12:34 PM
Everyone knows if you secede from this "voluntary" union of sovereign states, you are to crushed like the insects you are.

Jello Biafra
3/30/2010, 01:16 PM
George Mason tried to get anti-slavery language included in the Constitution, but was defeated.

i think that chick you are passing is not wearing a bra...

tommieharris91
3/30/2010, 01:20 PM
Texas v. White

That is all.

Harry Beanbag
3/30/2010, 02:06 PM
Many states up north did allow for the ownership of slaves. However the northern states were simply more proactive in phasing out slavery. The south refused to eliminate slavery because they couldn't exist without the labor. Period.

If cotton would grow in Massachusetts, they would still have had a booming slave industry in 1861.

Okla-homey
3/30/2010, 06:58 PM
If cotton would grow in Massachusetts, they would still have had a booming slave industry in 1861.

naaa. After 1845 or so, they had plenty of Irish arriving each day in Boston. A thousand Irish a month by 1861.

yermom
3/30/2010, 07:14 PM
ok, "indentured servants"

Okla-homey
3/31/2010, 10:37 AM
ok, "indentured servants"

not exactly. But the Irish worked for peanuts doing jobs no American would do. And they were Catholics who spoke barely spoke English and were always getting into trouble with the law.;)

OKLA21FAN
3/31/2010, 10:40 AM
not exactly. But the Irish worked for peanuts doing jobs no American would do. And they were Catholics who spoke barely spoke English and were always getting into trouble with the law.;)

sounds like a bunch of mezzicans from east Tulsa! :pop:

Stitch Face
3/31/2010, 01:10 PM
If the southern states had truly been proactive they would have outsourced their crop-picking to India.

SoonerAtKU
3/31/2010, 01:23 PM
Seriously, though. If it's a war even an 8-year-old knows you can't win, what does that say about the people who thought/think it was a good idea?

Okla-homey
3/31/2010, 07:25 PM
Seriously, though. If it's a war even an 8-year-old knows you can't win, what does that say about the people who thought/think it was a good idea?

My point exactly. And that is not to denigrate in any way the heroisim and patriotism of the Southern soldier. Those guys are rightly immortalized as superb fighters who could endure great hardship and still whip their weight in bobcats.

The Cornfederate political leadership however? Special Ed. all the way. As in the rode the "short" carriage to school, no doubt driven by an elderly black human being they believed in their little inbred hearts they had the right to own like a dog or a mule. Morons.

Therefore, it's completely understandable that in their warped little world, they thought they could win, or that Father Abraham, Savior of the Untied States, as a rube from the sticks wouldn't be up to the challenge of smiting them and their twisted way-of-life into the red clay in which they raised their cotton and on which they raped their slave girls.

StoopTroup
3/31/2010, 08:52 PM
Is this about the Civil War?

I heard them pussies from the South up an surrendered.

http://www.motifake.com/image/demotivational-poster/small/0907/never-give-up-never-surrender-galaxy-quest-tim-allen-star-tr-demotivational-poster-1248602467.jpg

yankee
3/31/2010, 10:33 PM
i took a **** in vicksburg once. very nice urinal.

Okla-homey
4/1/2010, 06:26 PM
Is this about the Civil War?

I heard them pussies from the South up an surrendered.

Yep, had the Cornfed gubmint been worthy of the sacrifices made by their valiant soldiery, Jeff Davis wouldn't have high-tailed it out of Richmond dressed like a woman.

He would have done the honorable thing and blown his brains out.

That's why the only Cornfed fire-breather I respect was old Edmund Ruffin. He painted his walls with his brain matter in April 1865 rather than live in a world without chattel slavery. Now that's commitment.

Scott D
4/1/2010, 06:41 PM

To be fair, Mason even watered down his suggestion to encompass new incoming slavery, thereby leaving a loophole via current slaves having children. Also, even to his dying day Mason wouldn't free his own slaves.

I admire Mason more than the next guy, but there were aspects of his freedom ideas that were rooted a fair bit in personal gain. He was one hell of a money whiz though, and his business dealings were the source of the eventual rift between he and his good friend and neighbor George Washington later in life.

His belief in state sovereignty was unparalleled, and he thought too much power was being given to a centralized government in 1776.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
4/1/2010, 07:01 PM
Its an honest question, not sarcasm or an attach.IMO the War was prolly inevitable, but, good point.

4/1/2010, 07:03 PM
you know, like the illegals now ;)I don't believe the slaves voted, though.(at least not much)

4/1/2010, 07:08 PM
i took a **** in vicksburg once. very nice urinal.Urinals are for pis*ing, not taking a ****. Shame the hell on you!

4/1/2010, 07:09 PM
Sicem, you're still in Waco, aren't you?

Okla-homey
4/1/2010, 07:19 PM
sorta off topic, but bear with me.

As to freed slaves, we didn't deport them. But America did precious little to incorporate them into American social discourse for nearly a century. They were made citizens in 1868, but they were'nt allowed to vote, for all intents, until almost a hundred years later.

Now, let's consider the people here illegally. If we aren't going to eliminate them, which we aren't, then why the heck oppose measures to bring them under the tax tent? It's silly. And making matters worse, the 'Pubs' violent opposition to their naturalization and enfranchisment will ensure that when they do eventually get to vote, they'll reliably vote Donk for at least a couple generations. Pretty myopic of the GOP if you ask me.

What say you?

:pop:

4/1/2010, 07:49 PM
Amnesty is a loser with conservatives, and you can't out-democrat the democrats. Repub attempts to buy democrat voters in the past always (rightfully so) failed. (Hello! remember W?), and those voters sided with the even more liberal real democrats.

RACHEL MADDOW is my clone
4/1/2010, 08:27 PM
I don't believe the slaves voted, though.(at least not much)

3 out of 5 of em voted.

Liberalism is the only way this country should go, Rushie. Without it, you wouldn't have Michael Steele.

RACHEL MADDOW is my clone
4/1/2010, 08:28 PM
Amnesty is a loser with conservatives, and you can't out-democrat the democrats. Repub attempts to buy democrat voters in the past always (rightfully so) failed. (Hello! remember W?), and those voters sided with the even more liberal real democrats.

Why is amnesty a bad thing, amigo?

Scott D
4/1/2010, 08:30 PM
because illegal mexicans don't buy expensive italian pants.

delhalew
4/1/2010, 10:33 PM

As to freed slaves, we didn't deport them. But America did precious little to incorporate them into American social discourse for nearly a century. They were made citizens in 1868, but they were'nt allowed to vote, for all intents, until almost a hundred years later.

Now, let's consider the people here illegally. If we aren't going to eliminate them, which we aren't, then why the heck oppose measures to bring them under the tax tent? It's silly. And making matters worse, the 'Pubs' violent opposition to their naturalization and enfranchisment will ensure that when they do eventually get to vote, they'll reliably vote Donk for at least a couple generations. Pretty myopic of the GOP if you ask me.

What say you?

I'm so fed up with this crap, I'm changing my stance. Close the boarders...completely. No more student visas. No more visitors visas. Until we decide to behave like a sovereign nation and enforce an immigration policy, I want the whole thing shut down. That's right global citizens. **** you. My head hurts over this BS.

JohnnyMack
4/1/2010, 10:47 PM

What say you?

Flat. Tax. Let 'em stay and finally pay their fair share.

proud gonzo
4/1/2010, 11:42 PM
Wait, so this turned into a political thread and not a "this is why SicEm doesn't have a girlfriend" thread? I'm disappointed in you people.

Crucifax Autumn
4/2/2010, 04:28 AM
Okay, let's merge the topics. SicEm doesn't have a girlfriend because even if you were to make a clone using the combined DNA of Ann Coulter and Sarah Palin he'd consider them to either be a vapid liberal or at best a deluded and fake neocon who has forgotten, ignored, or never learned the true tenets of "real" conservativism.

swardboy
4/2/2010, 07:49 AM
We can only hope SicEm meets with a true southern Belle.

Crucifax Autumn
4/2/2010, 08:36 AM
I'm hoping he falls in love with a southern black babe.

jkjsooner
4/2/2010, 08:43 AM

What say you?

First, in my opinion there is a big moral difference between the two. Slaves were forced to come here and once freed we had a moral obligation to fully integrate them into our society. We failed at this.

Illegal immigrants were not forced to come here - at least not by the citizens of the U.S. We have no (or at least much less) moral obligations to them.

As a second point, if we give amnesty now will we have to turn around and do it again in 10 years? We've already played this game once. I'm not against bringing immigrants into documented status as long as we have a plan that doesn't require us to do this over and over again.

Every country in the world has immigration policies and laws. It is not unethical or racist for us to do so as well and enforce those policies. (This last statement is not directed to homey.)

Crucifax Autumn
4/2/2010, 08:53 AM
If I was a mexican I'd be here making the "big bucks" as long as omeone would hire me. That's why cracking down on employers is the only logical way to solve the illegal immigration problem.

C&CDean
4/2/2010, 09:22 AM
Slaves were forced to come here and once freed we had a moral obligation to fully integrate them into our society. We failed at this.

Illegal immigrants were not forced to come here - at least not by the citizens of the U.S. We have no (or at least much less) moral obligations to them.

First of all, most folks on here need to read up on history.

Slaves were forced to come here - by their own chiefs and tribal leaders in Africa. White folk showed up with a ship, and the chiefs sold them the slaves. If there's a moral obligation, it is really on the Africans who sold their own people into slavery. Everybody wants to bash the poor dumb bastard slave owners but nobody wants to bash the real reason there were black African slaves in the first place.

Okla-homey
4/2/2010, 01:22 PM

Slaves were forced to come here - by their own chiefs and tribal leaders in Africa. White folk showed up with a ship, and the chiefs sold them the slaves. If there's a moral obligation, it is really on the Africans who sold their own people into slavery. Everybody wants to bash the poor dumb bastard slave owners but nobody wants to bash the real reason there were black African slaves in the first place.

The people who make and bring the drugs to America are the bad guys. Not just the ones who buy and use. Got it. ;)

Okla-homey
4/2/2010, 01:31 PM
If I was a mexican I'd be here making the "big bucks" as long as omeone would hire me. That's why cracking down on employers is the only logical way to solve the illegal immigration problem.

All I know is the house I bought in January was a hell of a lot cheaper than it would have been but for the messican frame carpenters, finish carpenters, roofers, brick and stone masons, dry-wallers and painters who built it.

In fact, they're still building casas in my neighborhgood and one can observe said dry-wallers and painters sleeping in their panel trucks and flopped around the interiors of said houses after working until late into the night, then rising before dawn to get-r-done in only about three days total on 5000 sq. ft houses. That's gettin' after it bro.

The HVAC, plumbing and wiring was done by 'mericans though. Probably because licensing is required for those trades.

Crucifax Autumn
4/2/2010, 03:01 PM

I think they're both as*holes.

SicEmBaylor
4/2/2010, 10:03 PM
or at best a deluded and fake neocon who has forgotten, ignored, or never learned the true tenets of "real" conservativism.

It's this one. I'd damned my soul to eternal hell before I'd give either of those neocon wenches the sheer pleasure of my love making skillz.