PDA

View Full Version : Just got my season ticket renewal notice.

Sooner24
3/29/2010, 03:28 PM
$120 dollars for 4 seats going to the Academic Enhancement Fee and $25 going to the Application Processing Fee. $145 dollars and that's not even counting the cost of tickets. :eek:

fwsooner22
3/29/2010, 03:32 PM
Voice Your opinion to the ticket office and to the Sooner Foundation.

These additional costs are easier to take when the product on the field is soemthing to be proud of.

yermom
3/29/2010, 04:08 PM
it's tough to do much bargaining when you lose points for not buying tickets, and there is a line of people waiting for your seats if you give them up

Jello Biafra
3/29/2010, 04:18 PM
it's tough to do much bargaining when you lose points for not buying tickets, and there is a line of people waiting for your seats if you give them up

yip...now imagine the 100 dollars per seat i was "donating" to be there....for your seats, in section 1 row 25 i was into 545 dollhairs without paying one red cent for a single ticket...i spent my cash on a 46" lcd....it sucks not having the atmosphere but i don't have to threaten to choke this shiite out of people anymore and i can drink OVJ during the game.

Sooner04
3/29/2010, 04:21 PM
Ca$tiglione strikes again!

yermom
3/29/2010, 04:27 PM
Cashtiglione? :D

C&CDean
3/29/2010, 04:30 PM
quityerbitchen and write the galdang check

When we win the NC this year you'll be glad you did.

Sooner04
3/29/2010, 04:39 PM
quityerbitchen and write the galdang check

When we win the NC this year you'll be glad you did.
Did we slip in some JUCO quarterback while I was away?

meoveryouxinfinity
3/29/2010, 05:05 PM
plz move thread to Orange Power k.

SoonerStormchaser
3/29/2010, 05:52 PM
You forgot the baggage fee, the seat assignment fee, the online convenience fee, the blanket and pillow fee, the economy plus fee...oh wait, we're talking about Porky Boren and Ca$tiglione...nevermind.

Spray
3/30/2010, 07:11 AM
....and there is a line of people waiting for your seats if you give them up

Well, then the price seems to be just about right. Maybe we could nationalize this. :D

XingTheRubicon
3/30/2010, 09:13 AM
Why are OU/TX tix not $200 face value? People would still pay for them. I'd rather pay that than $67 for Utah State.

Jello Biafra
3/30/2010, 09:19 AM
i agree this is very gopokes.com of us but they are legitimate issues. they are worried about paying 400 bucks for season tickets...we are worried about up to 250 bucks per seat in just "administration fees" if we want the opportunity to get OU-texas tix...thats a grand for 4 tix and you arent really all that high on the list for dallas nor have you even purchased the season tickets themselves.

im with xing, id rather just pay 300 or so bucks for the OU-whore tix and be done with it.

badger
3/30/2010, 09:31 AM
Meanwhile, over at OP.com...

Poke1: The gooner game is the season ticket game this year.
Poke2: Boooooo! They are trying to rip us off!
Poke3: Do they not want the stands to be full for the biggest game of the year?!
Poke4: Nebraska fans are gonna buy up season tickets and then sell the rest on StubHub.
Poke5: Holder sucks!

:rolleyes: just scalp like the rest of us unfortunate fans that can't get season tickets do.

stoopified
3/30/2010, 03:19 PM
Got my notice today too.

yermom
3/30/2010, 03:29 PM
Meanwhile, over at OP.com...

Poke1: The gooner game is the season ticket game this year.
Poke2: Boooooo! They are trying to rip us off!
Poke3: Do they not want the stands to be full for the biggest game of the year?!
Poke4: Nebraska fans are gonna buy up season tickets and then sell the rest on StubHub.
Poke5: Holder sucks!

:rolleyes: just scalp like the rest of us unfortunate fans that can't get season tickets do.

scalping tickets is cheaper anyway, unless you want particularly good seats

cdlbdd
3/30/2010, 03:43 PM
scalping tickets is cheaper anyway, unless you want particularly good seats

And its fun!

yermom
3/30/2010, 04:06 PM
i don't know about that...

badger
3/30/2010, 05:16 PM
i don't know about that...

It is only fun if you buy from a nice old man sitting on a bench and then discover that he and his wife know all the words to grand ol' flag and sing along during pregame... and then like all the other old people in the section, sit the entire game so you don't have to stand either :D

yermom
3/30/2010, 05:59 PM
boo, i say, boo

i hate the old fogey sections :D

sure there are there people trying to get what they can out of their extras, but there are also the scummy real scalpers too

Dio
3/30/2010, 07:20 PM
I can't wait until I can hear "YOU'RE A GRAND OLD FLAG!" again. 5 freaking months :(

sooner ngintunr
3/30/2010, 07:25 PM
$120 dollars for 4 seats going to the Academic Enhancement

So you are saying that you are actually against Academic Enhancement??!!

Oops, wrong forum. I thought I was in the SO.

My Bad.

Sooner24
4/1/2010, 09:39 AM
So you are saying that you are actually against Academic Enhancement??!!

Oops, wrong forum. I thought I was in the SO.

My Bad.

On my football tickets I am.

OUMallen
4/1/2010, 11:06 AM
I thought those fees were a little silly, too.

I let my tickets go for this year. I just had to spend my money elsewhere, and even though we have an awesome home schedule this year, I think I'll still be able to wrangle up tickets no problem, and still for cheaper than what I was paying.

I hate to be "that guy", but when money isn't an object for me anymore, I'll go back to paying $1300/year for two tickets that are the exact equivalent of visitors' seats.