PDA

View Full Version : Zac Robinson boo'd last night

Big Red Ron
3/29/2010, 01:46 PM
He was put up on the jumbotron at the Thunder Game and he was boo'd mercilessly. I laughed my *** off but then felt a little bad for the kid. Still, kinda funny.

jumperstop
3/29/2010, 01:55 PM
He was put up on the jumbotron at the Thunder Game and he was boo'd mercilessly. I laughed my *** off but then felt a little bad for the kid. Still, kinda funny.

I wouldn't feel bad for him unless he was acctually there. If was, then that was a bad representation of the sooner nation.

Jello Biafra
3/29/2010, 01:56 PM

wow. hate hearing that..if it was this time LAST year...sure tear his azz up but now that his LosuR career is over, no real need for that.

goingoneight
3/29/2010, 01:56 PM
That's kinda sad... but I guess no worse than the people who cussed at TRRW everytime he took the field in Dallas as a Cowboy. Or any other time our players go into a placed outside of Norman.

jumperstop
3/29/2010, 01:57 PM
Of course then again I didn't feel bad for booger eater with his jumbotron incident during the CCG in 07. That was a bit different, but a lot more funny.

sooner_born_1960
3/29/2010, 01:57 PM
How does the crowd at a Thunder game reflect on the Sooner Nation?

Big Red Ron
3/29/2010, 01:58 PM
Oh, he was there. It was like an unofficial poll Thunder Fans = OU fans. You could hear a slight smattering of cowpukes cheering but it was BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!

jumperstop
3/29/2010, 01:59 PM

If the entire crowd boo's the former OSU qb, me thinks most of them are OU fans...and rude ones at that.

olevetonahill
3/29/2010, 02:01 PM

What I thinkin Bro

BigTime1
3/29/2010, 02:32 PM
You have to remember though theyre not booing the individual but what he stands for. I have to remind everyone down here how much Texas Sucks and how gay Colt and Jordan really are and that gilbert godfrey I mean garrett gilbert is scared out of his mind back there...almost everyday. Is there anything wrong with them of course not truth be know from what Ive seen their pretty good guys. Inspite of that...they stand for and represent the enemy. Given that enviornment with so many OU fans there. What do you expect to happen?

Jello Biafra
3/29/2010, 02:34 PM
You have to remember though theyre not booing the individual but what he stands for. I have to remind everyone down here how much Texas Sucks and how gay Colt and Jordan really are and that gilbert godfrey I mean garrett gilbert is scared out of his mind back there...almost everyday. Is there anything wrong with them of course not truth be know from what Ive seen their pretty good guys. Inspite of that...they stand for and represent the enemy. Given that enviornment with so many OU fans there. What do you expect to happen?

well, if he was a lifelong LosuR fan, of course...but, i read somewhere he was actually a sooner fan at one point in his life? or maybe his dad graduated from ou? something im not sure which...

...sooner
3/29/2010, 02:37 PM
bahaha yes i was there too. funny & sad at the same time! oh well.

KantoSooner
3/29/2010, 02:44 PM
Wow. I'm all for harrasing the obnoxious, but I never really saw Zac in that light. Not a Chase Daniel at all.

meoveryouxinfinity
3/29/2010, 03:10 PM
well, if he was a lifelong LosuR fan, of course...but, i read somewhere he was actually a sooner fan at one point in his life? or maybe his dad graduated from ou? something im not sure which...

His grandparents (his grandfather just died in Nov i think) were huge OU fans & grads, they were friends with my grandparents. They said they secretly rooted for OU even when they played OSU.

Jello Biafra
3/29/2010, 03:22 PM
His grandparents (his grandfather just died in Nov i think) were huge OU fans & grads, they were friends with my grandparents. They said they secretly rooted for OU even when they played OSU.

thats deeeeep devotion to your team lol...im not sure i could do it. well, unless my son decides to play for texas or something.

meoveryouxinfinity
3/29/2010, 05:11 PM
thats deeeeep devotion to your team lol...im not sure i could do it. well, unless my son decides to play for texas or something.

Heck they were around during the 47 game win streak, losing to [hairGel] just isn't right.

boomermagic
3/30/2010, 10:29 AM
I think he is a fine kid.. I would shake his hand and cheer for him.. He just picked the wrong team thats all..

texaspokieokie
3/30/2010, 10:32 AM
i see no reason to "boo" him.

does that show "class" ????

MrJimBeam
3/30/2010, 10:48 AM
I would guess Zac is probably a better person than any of those who booed him last night.

texaspokieokie
3/30/2010, 10:49 AM
Right with ya,Jimmy !!!!

NormanPride
3/30/2010, 11:14 AM
Do Sooner fans care enough to boo? I would have immediately thought it was bitter OSU fans that didn't like the way he ended his career.

goingoneight
3/30/2010, 11:52 AM
^^^ never thought of it that way. Unlikely, but there was a lot of bitter agroids on the SA the last two games of the season about ZR considering he's like in the top 5 greatest OSU football players of all time. There was quite a few "I'm glad he's gone, Weeden looks better" tones.

soonervegas
3/30/2010, 12:09 PM
Even stranger is Eddie Sutton was soundly cheered Friday night against the lakers.

badger
3/30/2010, 12:27 PM
Do Sooner fans care enough to boo? I would have immediately thought it was bitter OSU fans that didn't like the way he ended his career.

NP has a very good point (not that I'm unbiased, haha). I think OSU fans might have been a little upset about the little falling out between Zac and Gundyman. I don't have a link, but Zac apparently didn't like getting a question about their relationship at the Combine. There was a little temper tantrum thread going at OP about it, speculating whether Mike Gundy had a good relationship with alums, considering Dez choosing to do pro workouts away from Stilly and Cox not being welcome at the pro day.

However, deep down I don't think OSU fans would boo one of their own unless he did something anti-poke, like send his son to OU (Barry Sanders, consider yourself on notice, heh heh)

OU_Sooners75
3/30/2010, 12:42 PM
Right with ya,Jimmy !!!!

Who the hell is this clown?

Jello Biafra
3/30/2010, 12:50 PM
Who the hell is this clown?

just that...a clown.

CobraKai
3/30/2010, 01:26 PM
I guess its perspective. I was at the game and thought people were cheering with a smattering of boos mixed in. Maybe its because I was sitting in a pod of OSU fans.

SoonerAtKU
3/30/2010, 01:40 PM
I'd boo Peter Gardere until my lungs bled, but I'd never boo a player who never beat Oklahoma.

Confusing.