PDA

View Full Version : Ball doesn't touch ground at Bradford Pro Day

rawlingsHOH
3/29/2010, 11:56 AM
Sounds like a Missouri practice broke out!!!

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/36084032/ns/sports-player_news/

Oklahoma QB Sam Bradford completed a perfect 50-of-50 passes at the Sooners' Monday Pro Day.

He was also jacked up in terms of his build. Pro Days are intended to make players look as good as possible, but Bradford was as sharp as can be, exhibiting a quick release, plenty of velocity on throws outside the numbers, and outstanding accuracy. We noticed just one throw behind his intended target (Jermaine Gresham still gathered it in), and he delivered one wobbler on a 40-yard slant-go. Rams GM Billy Devaney was undoubtedly impressed.

Leroy Lizard
3/29/2010, 03:05 PM
More:

Oklahoma QB Sam Bradford officially completed 49-of-50 passes at his Monday Pro Day. He completed another 13-of-13 from a stationary stance.

"The best I've seen since Troy Aikman," observed NFL.com's Gil Brandt. Bradford's lone misfire came on a drop by Sooners backup WR Adron Tennell, and the projected No. 1 overall pick showed an impressive, strong build. Pro Days are intended to make players look good, but Bradford was as sharp as can be, exhibiting a quick release, plenty of velocity, and outstanding accuracy. We noticed just one throw behind his intended target (Jermaine Gresham still caught it), and he delivered one wobbler on a 40-yard slant-go.

meoveryouxinfinity
3/29/2010, 03:12 PM
<insert negative comment here about Mr. Butterfingers>

Sooner04
3/29/2010, 03:15 PM
Bradford's lone misfire came on a drop by Sooners backup WR Adron Tennell
Boy, there's a shock.

Big Red Ron
3/29/2010, 03:37 PM
Boy, there's a shock.HA AH

SoonerGrant
3/29/2010, 03:48 PM
Tennell is terible. They should have had someone else for ask to throw to so he could have been 50/50

BoulderSooner79
3/29/2010, 03:52 PM
Tennell is terible. They should have had someone else for ask to throw to so he could have been 50/50

I'll bet "they" was Sam.

C&CDean
3/29/2010, 03:59 PM
Boy, there's a shock.

What I'm shocked about is that he didn't throw about .500 with our receivers catching the ball. Dropped passes (or passes that hit a receiver in the hands and he tips it to a DB) have cost us a) a NC against Florida, and b) who knows how many other close games?

Dropped passes has been my #1 pet peeve over the past few years, with placekicking being a close second.

OKC-SLC
3/29/2010, 04:00 PM
Boy, there's a shock.

heh.

OKC-SLC
3/29/2010, 04:01 PM
Dropped passes has been my #1 pet peeve over the past few years, with placekicking being a close second.

No ****.

OU-HSV
3/31/2010, 09:28 PM
Boy, there's a shock.

It was probably in the end zone too

MeMyself&Me
4/1/2010, 12:17 PM
What I'm shocked about is that he didn't throw about .500 with our receivers catching the ball. Dropped passes (or passes that hit a receiver in the hands and he tips it to a DB) have cost us a) a NC against Florida, and b) who knows how many other close games?

Chalk up Colorado '07 as a loss entirely on the receivers in my book. If OU had won that, they'd have been playing Ohio State that year for the NC and we'd be looking for number 9 right now.

Regarding the last point, I'm the other way around but yeah, it's a big problem.

rawlingsHOH
4/1/2010, 12:59 PM
Chalk up Colorado '07 as a loss entirely on the receivers in my book. If OU had won that, they'd have been playing Ohio State that year for the NC and we'd be looking for number 9 right now.

Regarding the last point, I'm the other way around but yeah, it's a big problem.

Yep, that was a bad game. Iglesias had a drop, and a tip that resulted in an INT. They didn't throw a ball Malcolm's way all game. But for some reason, the only person people want to blame for that game is Reggie.

OUMallen
4/1/2010, 01:05 PM
Yep, that was a bad game. Iglesias had a drop, and a tip that resulted in an INT. They didn't throw a ball Malcolm's way all game. But for some reason, the only person people want to blame for that game is Reggie.

Everyone was at fault.

However- I was at that game, and I'm telling you, Reggie's play was the biggest. Without that, I think we win.

rawlingsHOH
4/1/2010, 01:19 PM
Everyone was at fault.

However- I was at that game, and I'm telling you, Reggie's play was the biggest. Without that, I think we win.
3 turnovers is a good recipe for a road defeat. And of course Reggie's muff only allowed Colorado to tie it up. The pathetic 3-and-out that followed, gave Colorado the win.

primetime43
4/1/2010, 01:26 PM

I remember screaming why aren't we throwing to Malcolm!!!! That had to be one of Iggy's worst games. Also the running back that carved us up was a precursor to what West Virginia was going to do to us.

BillyBall
4/1/2010, 01:27 PM
I still can't believe that OU lost to a Cody Hawkins led team, that's been his career highlight.

Sooner04
4/1/2010, 01:39 PM
The pathetic 3-and-out that followed, gave Colorado the win.
You could lay that series on Enrique as well.

...sooner
4/1/2010, 02:07 PM
awww i really feel bad for tennell hes such a good/nice kid. i wish he could have produced MUCH better

I remember screaming why aren't we throwing to Malcolm!!!! That had to be one of Iggy's worst games. Also the running back that carved us up was a precursor to what West Virginia was going to do to us.

--meee too! :(

NormanPride
4/1/2010, 03:37 PM
You could lay that series on Enrique as well.

Word. That game was the reason I never really cheered for him. He shaped up the next year, but only because we had Broyles and Manny to force him to. Still, lots of good memories of him catching touchdowns from Sam. :)

RedstickSooner
4/2/2010, 01:24 AM

Absolutely, Dean. Particularly since I recall one of the defining features of our early years with Stoops being that our receivers caught every damned ball thrown their way.

We need to bring back whatever coaching methods or philosophy led to that "catch first, run later" mentality. After all, we did fine running after the catch then, too. But when you drop the damned thing it screws up the whole system -- QB starts to overthink his throws, you start to overthink your catches, etc.

Just catch the damned ball. Frankly I'd rather have a player who turned into a statue as soon as the ball was thrown but caught every single one, than a player who could break off a fifty yard scamper after making the catch -- but who dropped one out of every five or six. Passing game can go wrong in so very many ways, and dropping a catchable ball has got to be one of the most maddening.

stoopified
4/4/2010, 03:31 PM
Everyone was at fault.

This is exactly right .We had 6 dropped passes,3 dropped interceptions ,and the muff.

That game will always stick in my mind because I had to leave at halftime to attend a funeral,a friend of mine who died at age 52 of cancer.That was a sad day all around.Funny thing is I could picture my friend cocking her head and laughing at me ,saying JEFF,IT IS ONLY A GAME.Did put a little perspective on my day.