PDA

View Full Version : Bradford Pro Day Thoughts

looch
3/29/2010, 11:28 AM
I'm watching it live and am pretty excited for the guy. Everything seems to be going well. All the passes are being thrown very well and they guys are catching them. He's really stretching the field out too.

Ok. It looks like they've finished up. I think he aced this.

LittleElmSooner
3/29/2010, 11:30 AM
He looked good to me, especially on the run. Would have liked to see the camera pan out a bit more to see the passes finish.

Overall 3 thumbs up!!

Go Sammy!

ouleaf
3/29/2010, 11:31 AM
good to hear. Next stop, No. 1 overall pick in about a month!!!

Sooner-N-KS
3/29/2010, 11:34 AM
He looked incredible, and so did the receivers......Gresham and Pooh.

TahoeSOONER
3/29/2010, 11:41 AM
I'm happy for him, looked great, but it's hard to watch him without thinking "what if".

His mechanics and throwing motion are incredible though.

Atta boy Sam! Go make us proud.

KantoSooner
3/29/2010, 11:45 AM
Any current pro receivers working with him? I would imagine coaches would seek their input, if so.

looch
3/29/2010, 11:50 AM
Any current pro receivers working with him? I would imagine coaches would seek their input, if so.

Does Jermaine Gresham count?

Boomer.....
3/29/2010, 11:54 AM
He looked good to me, especially on the run. Would have liked to see the camera pan out a bit more to see the passes finish.

Overall 3 thumbs up!!

Go Sammy!

I would have also liked for the cameraman to pan out so that we could see more of the pass.

OUbasketball4life
3/29/2010, 12:09 PM
Sam really looked good. I hate how his injury has raised so much concerned about his durability. Injuries happen if you think about it Drew Brees had a shoulder surgery to repair some kind of tear and hell he's been lighting it up every since. I know the "Experts" are not going to read too much into his performance today because it was in fact scripted he had 4 1/2 weeks to prepare and he was in a familiar atmosphere with no defense. While the pro day is a plus he was still need to impress on his private workouts with St. Louis and Washington (the top 2 teams that really want/need Bradford). Good job to Sammy and I'm hoping he gets the #1 overall pick.

OK2U
3/29/2010, 12:10 PM
http://newsok.com/former-ou-quarterback-sam-bradford-works-out-for-nfl-scouts-coaches/article/3449917

Former OU quarterback Sam Bradford works out for NFL scouts, coaches
FROM STAFF REPORTS Comment on this article Leave a comment
Published: March 29, 2010

Former University of Oklahoma quarterback Sam Bradford worked out for NFL scouts and coaches on Monday in Norman at the Everest Indoor practice facility. It was the first time scouts had seen Bradford throw since Oct. 16, when he re-injured his shoulder against Texas.
Advertisement

Bradford, who said he'd only been throwing for four to five weeks, looked crisp and fluid on his throws.

"I thought I made a lot of great throws," Bradford told ESPN's Todd McShay during an interview after the workout. "I felt like I performed very well."

Bradford threw a wide variety of routes to familiar receivers. Former OU teammates Brody Eldridge, Chris Brown and Adron Tennell caught passes from Bradford who worked out of "under-center" and shotgun formations. The passes ranged from short 5-yard outs to deep 50-yard go routes.

"My teammates could tell I was a little bit nervous (early in the day)," Bradford said. "They did a good job of keeping me loose."

Representatives from just about every NFL team were in Norman. Cleveland Browns general manager Mike Holmgren, Seattle Seahawks coach Pete Carrol and St. Louis Rams coach Steve Spagnuolo were all in attendance.

Bradford underwent reconstructive surgery on his right (throwing) shoulder on Oct. 28. After suffering an AC-joint sprain in a loss to BYU in the Sooners' season opener on Sept. 5, Bradford returned to the field against Texas, but re-injured the shoulder during the first quarter.

"I couldn't tell you everything that's gone into this," Bradford said. "I put a lot of pressure on myself to come out here and show everyone I'm the same player."

The process didn't end Monday for Bradford, though. The St. Louis Rams and the Washington Redskins, teams looking for a quarterback in the draft, will put Bradford through individual workouts in April. Bradford is scheduled to work out for Washington (No. 4 pick) on April 15 and for the Rams (No. 1 pick) on April 19.

"I'm not sure what those teams are looking for, but I fell like I'm a great player and a great leader," Bradford said. "By the time those workouts get here I'll be in great shape."

The NFL Draft is April 22-24.

Collier11
3/29/2010, 12:15 PM
Bradford completed 50 of 50...FYI

1890MilesToNorman
3/29/2010, 12:16 PM
The only bad thing I saw was Pete Carrol in the house! That was Pete, wasn't it?

Skinshokiefan
3/29/2010, 12:21 PM
He will be a Ram, unless the Redskins are able to come up with a package to move up and have the Shanahan's turn him into an HOF QB.

For Sam's career, its best that he is coached up in DC by Mike and Kyle :)

I pray he slips to the Redskins

ouleaf
3/29/2010, 12:22 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/football/nfl/03/11/pro.days.draft.news.tracker/index.html

Sam Bradford's pro-day ended just a few minutes ago and it is surely to be classified as a success. The Oklahoma junior, coming off shoulder surgery that cut short his 2009 season, completed everything that NFL scouts asked of him this morning in Norman.

From the get-go, Bradford seemed loose and was joking around while warming up. Yet once his passing workout commenced, he was all business. He was accurate from start to finish, placing passes into receivers' hands. He rarely had his passcatchers getting vertical or reaching back to grab the ball. Bradford threw several beautiful strikes downfield, hitting receivers in stride some 40 yards from the line of scrimmage an drawing applause from the people on hand. His deep outs, the money throw for any quarterback in these workouts, were also on the mark. Bradford put plenty of air under the ball and let receivers easily run to the pass.

Bradford also displayed good footwork when asked to move outside the pocket and then make the throw in motion. He was accurate and lost little on passes while throwing on the move. He also looked natural when simulating looking off defensive backs from the pocket.

Early on, receivers were waiting a bit for his pass to arrive, likely a timing issue as Bradford becomes more accustomed to setting up in the pocket from underneath center, rather than taking the majority of his snaps from the shotgun, as he did at Oklahoma.

Bradford did not display a rifle arm, yet he showed enough strength to make all the throws.

Will this workout be enough to make him the first pick of the draft? At the very least, the skills Bradford displayed today give the St Louis Rams more justification if they grab the signal caller at the top of round one.

colleyvillesooner
3/29/2010, 12:23 PM
Workout leaves Gil Brandt speechless:

http://blogs.nfl.com/category/pro-days/

Say hello to the No.1 pick folks...

CaliBornSoonerBred
3/29/2010, 12:24 PM
Just saw this posted on twitter from John E. Hoover:
Bradford Pro Day: ok, official # is 49 of 50, though one(4th throw) went thru Tennell's hands. Also threw 13 stationary; all 63 were on $.

Gil Brandt also stated to Hoover right after "That's the best I've seen since Troy Aikman."

meoveryouxinfinity
3/29/2010, 12:34 PM
never doubt sam. his natural talent + his attitude and work ethic + how he was raised will make him one of the greatest QBs in the NFL...if he is put in the right situation.

Skinshokiefan
3/29/2010, 12:39 PM
never doubt sam. his natural talent + his attitude and work ethic + how he was raised will make him one of the greatest QBs in the NFL...if he is put in the right situation.

That right situation being Washington of course :)

3 weeks until the draft, hoping for something to happen

meoveryouxinfinity
3/29/2010, 12:46 PM
That right situation being Washington of course :)

3 weeks until the draft, hoping for something to happen

welcome, Skin. we hope you stay on here long after Bradford is gone, wherever he may go (undoubtedly St. Louis)

As for Bradford, after Bomar was kicked off the team, I said there was a 30% chance he would start (yes, as a true freshman). I was blasted for that (probably rightfully so at the time) and was told he would never start. Just a year after that many of you thought Keith Nichol should/would be our starting quarterback. He's now 2nd or 3rd string at Michigan State (wha??) and he's short. Bradford is one of those rare AD-type players: they have the physical tools AND mental awareness to rise to the top.

goingoneight
3/29/2010, 12:47 PM
I forgot that Sam went down and we lost to Texas on my birthday. :mad: I also lost a relative that day, too. :(

It's all my fault, Sammy.

Look at it this way... no competition to be the top QB taken in 2010 versus 2009. :D

SoonerMom2
3/29/2010, 12:48 PM

I heard James Hale report on the REF about Brand -- best pro-day since Troy Aikman.

We lived in SoCal for a while and enjoyed the Rams and now in St. Louis with Bradford back to rooting for them.

BTW, Hale said a beat writer for the Cincinnati paper who was there is saying the Bengals want Gresham -- that would be perfect! With Ohio ties, Bengals are right up there and they could use Gresham!

KantoSooner
3/29/2010, 01:17 PM
Does Jermaine Gresham count?

Not yet. My question was focused on whether a current pro was catching. Someone the coaches might know who could give them feedback on intangibles of Sam's delivery. Very minor question, but it's spring....

badger
3/29/2010, 01:48 PM
I am in awe of Sam's physique. It is just amazing how buff and built he has become since the injury.:hot:

Collier11
3/29/2010, 02:11 PM
Here are some thoughts from Peter King

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/peter_king/03/28/bradford/index.html

rawlingsHOH
3/29/2010, 02:11 PM
Not yet. My question was focused on whether a current pro was catching.

yeah josh reed. think he's a free agent.

Jay C. Upchurch
3/29/2010, 02:15 PM
http://www.soonerspectator.com/featureStory.php

Widescreen
3/29/2010, 02:26 PM

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/peter_king/03/28/bradford/index.html

http://i.cdn.turner.com/si/2010/writers/peter_king/03/28/bradford/sam.bradford.jpg

This image is on that link. Wait, I thought OU ALWAYS runs out of the shotgun. That's what you'd think if you listened to all the so-called experts.

So I guess we have evidence that for at least one play, OU started from under center.

fossil
3/29/2010, 02:29 PM
from NFL.COM

NORMAN, Okla. — Sam Bradford’s workout Monday in front of representatives for all 32 NFL teams at Oklahoma’s pro day almost left me speechless. And that’s saying something.

Bradford threw more than 100 passes during the workout and, in my estimation, didn’t have one that was uncatchable. He moved around well, including throwing on the run out of the pocket, and went through the entire route tree. The scripted workout included three-, five- and seven-step drops, shotgun, and play-action plays, plus sprints and rollouts to both sides.

It really was a treat to watch, and I think everyone here was in awe of Bradford’s performance. In fact, he put on the best quarterback workout by a draft prospect that I’ve seen since I watched a private workout Troy Aikman put on for us with the Cowboys in California.

If Bradford is feeling the effects of his shoulder injury or is experiencing any weakness, there were no indications of that. He threw with velocity during the entire workout.

He officially measured in at 6-foot-5 and 236 pounds.

Terry Shea, a former college and NFL coach who’s working with Bradford as a quarterback consultant, told me they’ve been together for nine weeks. The first five weeks of workouts, Bradford didn’t even throw. They only worked on footwork because Bradford hadn’t been cleared by doctors yet.

I would imagine that two weeks from now, Bradford’s arm will be even stronger than what we saw. And it was very strong Monday.

– Gil Brandt

Big Red Ron
3/29/2010, 02:35 PM

PORT ST. LUCIE, Fla. -- Monday was the first day of the NFL Draft. That's because rehabbing Oklahoma quarterback Sam Bradford took the field to throw a 50-pass script that the NFL world -- particularly St. Louis, picking first in the April 22 first round, and Washington, picking fourth -- had been awaiting. By all accounts, he looked wonderful, which means he moved much closer to becoming the first pick in a very deep draft.
According to scouts, "Bradford was accurate from start to finish. He threw several beautiful strikes downfield, hitting receivers in stride some 40 yards from the line of scrimmage. He didn't display a rifle arm, yet showed enough strength to make all the throws."
Bradford, who underwent shoulder reconstruction on Oct. 28, would have had to mess up his 50 balls today, and then not be very good in private workouts with the Rams and Redskins, to not be the first player chosen in the 2010 draft.
I spoke with him before the workout and also with his surgeon, Dr. James Andrews. There's that in today's column and a detour from the NFL owners meetings to a spring training tour with my brothers, and the story of the man 95 percent of you have never heard of but who now is a major power broker in the best draft in years. But we start on the phone with Bradford.
For the last three weeks, beginning March 4, Bradford had been throwing 100 passes several days a week at Athletes Performance Institute in Pensacola, Fla. ... with, he says, no pain.
"I haven't had pain or discomfort since they turned me loose right after the combine,'' Bradford told me. "I can't believe how good it feels. There's no pain.''
"Now,'' I said, "you're going to get grilled on this Monday, and if you don't tell the whole truth, somebody's going to make a big deal of it. So be honest now.''
"I'm being totally honest,'' Bradford said. "There's been no pain. They told me that after I threw without restriction that first time, I might wake up the next morning or come in to work out the next day and feel something. But there's been nothing. Not one day have I woken up sore.''
On Sunday night, I asked Andrews about Bradford's no-pain declaration, and whether that could be true less than five months after the reconstruction of the AC joint in his throwing shoulder. That wasn't a scope Bradford had. It was a full-fledged reconstruction.
"I've tried to get him to come clean with me too,'' he said. "But he's come through it great. He's full go. The last time I saw him and questioned him about it [nine days ago], he told me, 'I feel stronger in my throwing shoulder than I ever have in my life.' I did everything I could to deliver him to this draft healthy, and I think he is.''
I asked Andrews what he'd say if the Rams and Redskins called and asked about Bradford's condition, and whether the quarterback was ready for the rigors of an NFL camp and season.
Too late. They already called. Andrews, who is a senior orthopedic consultant to the Redskins as well as one of the foremost independent orthopedic surgeons in the world, was unequivocal in his prognosis.
"I talked to the Rams, and told them Sam has no restrictions,'' Andrews said. "I gave him a clean bill of health. And I talked to the Redskins, of course, since I am affiliated with them. I told [owner] Dan Snyder, [GM] Bruce Allen and [coach] Mike Shanahan the same thing. I would have no reservations recommending him to them as the first pick.''
One of the benefits of Bradford having the surgery, then rehabbing at API in Pensacola, is the byproduct of how fit and strong he has become after putting on 13 pounds. He's up to about 235 pounds now, and the former frail-looking passer now looks more like a pro quarterback. "He looks like a man now,'' said Andrews. "The way he's worked is a credit to him. He's one of the most sincere, hard-working kids I've been around. He's in the mold of Drew Brees, and that's a pretty good mold to be in. The kid's tougher than hell, and I moved up the date he'd turn it loose by about two weeks, just because he was doing so well in his rehab.''
Bradford felt the rehab was going so well that he felt confident heading into Monday's workout.
"I don't want to hide anything,'' he said. "I know everyone's coming to see how healthy my arm is, and they're going to see me make all the throws. They're going to see the same player they saw on film in the 2008 season.''
That's when Bradford threw 50 touchdowns passes and won the Heisman Trophy as a Sooner sophomore. And when the 2009 season was twice interrupted by shoulder injuries, that's when Andrews said enough's enough, and the surgery took place.
Though it's possible the Rams could trade down to Washington (or farther) if they got the right offer for Bradford, it's highly unlikely. It would probably take a ransom to get the pick from the Rams. Two years ago, St. Louis passed on Matt Ryan to pick defensive end Chris Long. Last year, the Rams passed on Mark Sanchez to choose Baylor tackle Jason Smith. If they pass on Bradford, it'll be for a defensive tackle, making it the third straight year they'd have let a potential franchise passer go for an interior lineman.
It's conceivable they could trade but only if they really like Notre Dame's Jimmy Clausen, and believe they could still get him with the fourth pick. But I'm hearing Bradford is the number one quarterback on their board, clearly.

Big Red Ron
3/29/2010, 02:36 PM
http://www.soonerspectator.com/featureStory.php
NORMAN -- Former OU quarterback and 2008 Heisman Trophy winner Sam Bradford worked out for an audience of NFL scouts and coaches today at the team's indoor facility, and by all accounts, looked very impressive.

During the session that lasted approximately 40 minutes, Bradford threw 63 total passes to receivers that included former Sooner teammates Jermaine Gresham, Chris Brown, Brody Eldridge and Adron Tennell, as well as Buffalo Bills receiver Josh Reed. Of the 50 scripted throws he attempted, only one hit the ground (on a drop).

Representatives from 21 different NFL teams were ion hand, including St. Louis Rams head coach Steve Spagnuolo, Green Bay coach Mike McCarthy, Cleveland general manager Mike Holmgren and new Seattle coach Pete Carrol.

It marked the first time Bradford has thrown for scouts or coaches since he suffered a season-ending right shoulder injury in OU's loss to Texas on Oct. 17, 2009.

Bradford, who underwent surgery on his shoulder 11 days later, initially hurt the shoulder in the team's season-opening loss to BYU on Sept. 5.

Former Dallas Cowboys executive Gil Brandt Brandt, now an analyst for NFL.com, described Bradford's performance as the best pre-draft workout by a quarterback that he had seen since former No. 1 draft pick Troy Aikman back in 1989.

Quotes from Bradford and OU coach Bob Stoops quotes following Bradford’s workout....

Sam Bradford

On the workout environment:
“It was different. It’s something I’m not used to. I don’t think anyone is really used to it until you get out there and actually do it. In a game you’re throwing against a defense and there are more people. The environment when you are just throwing for general managers and coaches, people that are going to make very important decisions, obviously it’s extremely nerve wracking but I think it was comforting having my teammates out there with me today. They could tell I was anxious for today and they did a good job at keeping me loose and they did a great job running and catching for me today.”

On his performance:
“I thought I did very well today, I showed a wide-variety of throws. I didn’t just come out and show the basic things, I showed some in the gun, on the move and different throws. I think I showed everyone that I can still make all the throws and my shoulder is just what is was before I got hurt.”

On his shoulder:
“My shoulder feels great. I feel like it’s getting stronger every week. As long as it continues to get stronger, I think there is no doubt that by the time it levels off it will be better and stronger than it was before the surgery.”

On the potential of being the No. 1 pick:
“To be honest, I haven’t thought about it a lot. It’s still almost a month away. I’m just looking forward to the opportunity to play in the NFL, whether it’s with the Rams or another team. I’m just excited for that opportunity.

“That’s what everyone dreams about growing up, being the No. 1 pick. But, that’s really nothing that I can control. I can control how I work from here on out to get myself ready for the draft. If it happens, it happens, if not I’m going to be excited wherever I go.”

Bob Stoops

On Bradford’s performance today:
“I thought he did an excellent job. Like usual, he was incredibly accurate, sharp and he had excellent velocity on the ball. About halfway through I said ‘boy, I miss seeing that.’”

On what the scouts told him after Bradford’s workout:
“They were very impressed. I think he more than answered questions that he is ready to go. I don’t think there is any question that he is where he was, but even further along. He is bigger, he is stronger and with time in the weight room and maturity he’s only going to get stronger. I think he really showed that he has that great form, accuracy and probably even more strength.”

On questions from the NFL scouts about Sam:
“People want to know if they’re missing anything, if he is really the whole package that everyone says that he is. I say ‘absolutely.’ What you see is his ability out there, what you don’t see is all the intelligence tests they give him. I promise you he is off-the-charts on those, and in fact I have heard that. The way he learns and processes, he is just an incredibly sharp young man outside of talent. His competitiveness, how he understands and learns all of that together makes him the special player that he is.”

On expectations for Bradford’s workout:
“I was hopeful and prayerful that Sam would show his old self and more and I think he did that. With his increased size and strength, I think he showed how special he is and where he is going. He’s not done.”

SunnySooner
3/29/2010, 02:42 PM
I am in awe of Sam's physique. It is just amazing how buff and built he has become since the injury.:hot:

I'm with ya, sister...:hot: :hot: :hot:

BoulderSooner79
3/29/2010, 04:00 PM
The quote from Stoops struck home:

Bob Stoops

“I thought he did an excellent job. Like usual, he was incredibly accurate, sharp and he had excellent velocity on the ball. About halfway through I said ‘boy, I miss seeing that.’”

Boy, howdy. I can honestly say i would have felt completely different about last year had Sam played and we ended with the same record. That pin-point pass by itself was worth the price of admission. I'm sure I'll get to see him in the NFL, but it's not the same as in a Sooner jersey.

Widescreen
3/29/2010, 04:20 PM
Bob Stoops

Hey Bob. If Landry was my son, you and I would be going at it right now.

BoulderSooner79
3/29/2010, 04:30 PM

Just the facts, ma'am. No offense intended to our current QBs, but Sam was a generational player in terms of pure accuracy. I've been watching CFB since the early 70s (and not just OU during the wishbone days) and I've never seen a QB as accurate as Sam.

If I were Landry, I'd take it as a challenge to try to make Stoops say the same about me in a few years...

meoveryouxinfinity
3/29/2010, 05:04 PM
Just the facts, ma'am. No offense intended to our current QBs, but Sam was a generational player in terms of pure accuracy. I've been watching CFB since the early 70s (and not just OU during the wishbone days) and I've never seen a QB as accurate as Sam.

If I were Landry, I'd take it as a challenge to try to make Stoops say the same about me in a few years...

Urban, calm down. Other people wrote about it too.

Widescreen
3/29/2010, 05:22 PM
Urban, calm down. Other people wrote about it too.

At least someone got it. :D

goingoneight
3/29/2010, 05:25 PM
as much hooplah has been made about Urban Meyer's "going at it" rant, you'd think that woulda been picked up on right away. :D

Big Red Ron
3/29/2010, 05:42 PM
as much hooplah has been made about Urban Meyer's "going at it" rant, you'd think that woulda been picked up on right away. :D
I think we need an icon.

Leroy Lizard
3/29/2010, 05:50 PM

Here is what probably happened: Halfway through the drills, some guy came walking by eating a corny dog that reminded Stoops of the corny dogs he ate as a boy in Ohio. "Boy, I miss seeing that."

BoulderSooner79
3/29/2010, 06:09 PM
At least someone got it. :D

I haven't been following Urban tales, but I just checked espn and now I get it. Sorry - well, not really. I'm more sorry I used minutes of my life catching up in this case ;)

ouduckhunter
3/29/2010, 06:30 PM

ITA! I'd be his #1 stalker if I were 25 years younger!! Come to think of it, a little difference in our age shouldn't come between us! ;)

meoveryouxinfinity
3/29/2010, 06:56 PM
I just wish Urban had some amazing one-liners like

THAT AIN'T TRUE!!!
THAT'S GARBAGE!!!!!!1
...AND THE EDITOR THAT LET IT COME OUT IS GARBAGE!!!
or simply
MAKES ME WANNA PUKE.

would be so much more epic and easier to quote

looch
3/29/2010, 07:28 PM
I'm often accused of sensationalising some of the things I've seen players do at those practice facilities. My reaction following this workout was that it was "flawless" and I started this thread by saying he "aced" it. Hope I'm not sensationalising this too...

JLEW1818
3/29/2010, 07:33 PM
what a ****ing stud

just watched all the videos and interviews

I'm so glad he is not going to be the poster child for coming back to school for another year.

Thank God!!!!!

Collier11
3/29/2010, 08:13 PM
Hey JLEW, looks like Sam still made a bad decision by coming back, lol

JLEW1818
3/29/2010, 08:34 PM
I've been more wrong before, but i was for sure wrong by saying he made a bad choice.

But remember, not every kid will be as fortunate as Sam was, considering that it ended up not being very serious.

VA Sooner
3/29/2010, 09:17 PM
Going to be a very good draft day for Mr. Bradford. Just upped his stock quite a bit.

Leroy Lizard
3/29/2010, 09:24 PM
I've been more wrong before, but i was for sure wrong by saying he made a bad choice.

It wasn't wrong. Sam's decision just turned out fortunate.

ndpruitt03
3/29/2010, 09:43 PM
Last year he probably goes to the Jets at 5. This year the lowest he is going is Washington at 4. He made a great choice.

Big Red Ron
3/29/2010, 11:32 PM
Last year he probably goes to the Jets at 5. This year the lowest he is going is Washington at 4. He made a great choice.

That's debatable on multiple levels but I would rather be with the Jets (a playoff team). That got even better this off season in the New York market.

Collier11
3/29/2010, 11:34 PM
Sam may have been the #1 pick last year, he may be the #1 pick this year...either way he didnt hurt himself by coming back

stoops the eternal pimp
3/30/2010, 09:36 AM

The last quarterback's workout he compared to Troy Aikman's and left him speechless.....honest to God, he used the same words...

Alex Smith

rawlingsHOH
3/30/2010, 10:22 AM
The last quarterback's workout he compared to Troy Aikman's and left him speechless.....honest to God, he used the same words...

Alex Smith

I remember that as well.

1890MilesToNorman
3/30/2010, 10:31 AM
Which ever team drafts him and makes him the starter will become one of my top 2 NFL teams to root for, the other one being Adrian's team. :D

MI Sooner
3/30/2010, 11:23 AM
I'm sure lots of guys have been compared to Aikman, some good, some not. Basically, if you're looking at an accurate and heady passer with a good (but not great arm), Aikman is your go-to guy. If he's short, now you have Brees. If he's a scrambler, then you say Flutie.

Aikman is an archetypal QB for a generation of people, so he's going to be the basis of comparison.

the_ouskull
3/30/2010, 12:27 PM

Calm yourself, tiger. :D

the_ouskull

badger
3/30/2010, 12:31 PM
Calm yourself, tiger. :D

the_ouskull

:mad: nawww, i'm not gonna pull a tiger woods and cheat on NP with sammie.

That doesn't stop me from thinking Sam is :hot:

the_ouskull
3/30/2010, 12:33 PM
I'm often accused of sensationalising some of the things I've seen players do at those practice facilities. My reaction following this workout was that it was "flawless" and I started this thread by saying he "aced" it. Hope I'm not sensationalising this too...

You said that Joe Jon Finley was going to become one of the greatest receiver/tight ends to ever play for OU. I think you might have even been talking Heisman at one point. I thought we had a cross between Mark Clayton and Keith Jackson in this freakin' kid.. until I went to go and see him. That's not "being accused of sensationalism," sir, that's "repeating what you said."

He did look good, though... Depending on how his rookie year (coaching, other players, the team, expectations, etc..) treats him, we could be looking at a serious NFL player, though.

the_ouskull

BudSooner
3/30/2010, 12:55 PM
Someone just keep Pete Carroll off the field in Norman in the future or I might just puke up a lung, k? :D

SunnySooner
3/30/2010, 02:06 PM
Someone just keep Pete Carroll off the field in Norman in the future or I might just puke up a lung, k? :D

No ****.

ouduckhunter
3/30/2010, 02:16 PM
Which ever team drafts him and makes him the starter will become one of my top 2 NFL teams to root for, the other one being Adrian's team. :D

I'm with you!! I can't wait to cheer for Sam the Man!!

GottaHavePride
3/30/2010, 10:37 PM

We don't need anyone else McNabbing all over the place....