PDA

View Full Version : Obama takes first step at the dismantling of Christianity in the U.S.

JohnnyMack
3/28/2010, 07:04 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/03/28/militia.arrests/index.html?hpt=T1

Raids target Christian militia in Midwest
By the CNN Wire Staff
March 28, 2010 7:42 p.m. EDT

(CNN) -- Federal agents arrested at least seven members of a self-proclaimed Christian militia group in Michigan, Indiana and Ohio over the weekend, according to the FBI and a leader of another militia organization.

The target of the raid was a group called the Hutaree, which proclaims on a Web site that it is "Preparing for the end time battles to keep the testimony of Jesus Christ alive."

As many as six members of the group were arrested at a wake for one of its members, and the property of its leader was searched by federal agents, said Mike Lackomar, a county leader for the Southeast Michigan Volunteer Militia, who cited the FBI for his information.

No details of the charges against any of those taken into custody were immediately available.

The arrest warrants remain under court-ordered seal, FBI spokesman Jason Pack said Sunday. At least two of the arrests were in the Ohio towns of Huron and Sandusky, but the case is being handled out of Detroit, said Scott Wilson, an FBI spokesman in Cleveland.

Lackomar, who told CNN his own group is aimed at "aiding the community in times of emergency," called the Hutaree a "religious militant group" with about a dozen members.

He said Hutaree members trained with his organization "on a couple of occasions in years past" but stopped about a year ago, after having an issue with federal firearms regulators. He did not elaborate.

jkjsooner
3/28/2010, 08:07 PM
Good gosh you are paranoid.

My guess is that they had intelligence of a specific end time battle they were preparing for. These guys can't simply hide behind the label of Christians.

soonerscuba
3/28/2010, 08:20 PM
Heh.

soonerinkaty
3/28/2010, 08:30 PM
Naw us Christians are doing that ourselves.

swardboy
3/28/2010, 09:47 PM
"Christian militia" is an oxymoron.

olevetonahill
3/28/2010, 09:51 PM
Its about time , Good jorb Obama

Curly Bill
3/28/2010, 09:52 PM
Obama is the best. He will save us all. God Bless him for all his days.

A Sooner in Texas
3/28/2010, 09:59 PM
Wonder if this group was targeting something for April 19?

JLEW1818
3/28/2010, 10:09 PM
obama loves 4/20

Crucifax Autumn
3/28/2010, 11:53 PM
I don't really see how anyone can comment on this without knowing the charges or evidence.

yermom
3/28/2010, 11:55 PM
I don't really see how anyone can comment on this without knowing the charges or evidence.

it's cool, i'm sure they were guilty of whatever, and you only have to worry if you have something to hide ;)

Crucifax Autumn
3/29/2010, 12:00 AM
I'm sure you'd have made the same argument if they busted other religious fundamentalists in the planning stages of their BS too.

SanJoaquinSooner
3/29/2010, 12:12 AM

This is the South Oval.

Crucifax Autumn
3/29/2010, 12:16 AM
heh

yermom
3/29/2010, 12:23 AM
I'm sure you'd have made the same argument if they busted other religious fundamentalists in the planning stages of their BS too.

you think they are headed to Gitmo? ;)

i'm just wondering about the sealed warrants... maybe that's standard, still sounds kinda scary

Crucifax Autumn
3/29/2010, 12:32 AM
Legit concern true, but I'm not gonna go into panic mode over something like that unless we go very long without getting more information.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
3/29/2010, 12:45 AM
it's cool, i'm sure they were guilty of whatever, and you only have to worry if you have something to hide ;)I'll take this the way I want, and commend you for it.

GottaHavePride
3/29/2010, 04:14 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/03/28/militia.arrests/index.html?hpt=T1

Raids target Christian militia in Midwest
By the CNN Wire Staff
March 28, 2010 7:42 p.m. EDT

(CNN) -- Federal agents arrested at least seven members of a self-proclaimed Christian militia group in Michigan, Indiana and Ohio over the weekend, according to the FBI and a leader of another militia organization.

The target of the raid was a group called the Hutaree, which proclaims on a Web site that it is "Preparing for the end time battles to keep the testimony of Jesus Christ alive."

As many as six members of the group were arrested at a wake for one of its members, and the property of its leader was searched by federal agents, said Mike Lackomar, a county leader for the Southeast Michigan Volunteer Militia, who cited the FBI for his information.

No details of the charges against any of those taken into custody were immediately available.

The arrest warrants remain under court-ordered seal, FBI spokesman Jason Pack said Sunday. At least two of the arrests were in the Ohio towns of Huron and Sandusky, but the case is being handled out of Detroit, said Scott Wilson, an FBI spokesman in Cleveland.

Lackomar, who told CNN his own group is aimed at "aiding the community in times of emergency," called the Hutaree a "religious militant group" with about a dozen members.

He said Hutaree members trained with his organization "on a couple of occasions in years past" but stopped about a year ago, after having an issue with federal firearms regulators. He did not elaborate.

The last paragraph is the important one, I'm betting. These guys that got arrested have had a run-in with the ATF in the past. I'm betting they did something dumb.

Scott D
3/29/2010, 05:06 PM
"Christian militia" is an oxymoron.

These guys are of an extremism that even Al-Quada would be proud of.

It was funny to hear interviews with Michigan Militia types calling these guys scary extremists. Apparently the Hutaree consider themselves to be the chosen ones of vengeance for the chosen battle against the Anti-Christ.

AlbqSooner
3/29/2010, 07:46 PM
These guys are no more Christian than bin Laden.

yermom
3/29/2010, 08:25 PM
These guys are no more Christian than bin Laden is Muslim.

;)

Scott D
3/29/2010, 08:48 PM
These guys are no more Christian than bin Laden.

*shrug* They subscribe to the viewpoint that Armageddon is nearly upon us and they are the chosen soldiers of Christ to do the final battle. Soooo, I don't think you want to tell them that.

On an amusing side note, I spent my day in the town that is their "HQ". I passed three news vans on my way back to the city from Adrian.

soonerloyal
3/29/2010, 09:17 PM
Domestic terrorists. Subject to standard U.S. procedures with terrorists: possible indefinite detainment with no necessary charges, Gitmo, torture-interrogation purposes for info, etc.? What say you?

Boarder
3/29/2010, 09:47 PM
Yeah, they released why they were arrested:

The indictment said the Hutaree, which describes itself as a "Christian warrior" group, viewed all law enforcement as the enemy. It said members planned a violent act to get the attention of the police, possibly by killing an officer at a traffic stop, then attacking the funeral procession with explosives.

link-o-rama (http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-na-militia-raids30-2010mar30,0,1491379.story)

Quite the fine group of individuals.

Scott D
3/29/2010, 09:49 PM
amusingly the strongest charge is probably going to be related to transporting ied's or wmd's across state lines.

yermom
3/29/2010, 09:55 PM
i still think calling any bomb a "wmd" is a little retarded

Scott D
3/29/2010, 10:02 PM
have any bombs found in high schools down there lately?

we have.

yermom
3/29/2010, 10:14 PM
can we invade them for having wmds?

Crucifax Autumn
3/29/2010, 10:38 PM
I'm guessing that since the FBI had people planted in the organization for a year, there must be some basis in fact as far as the charges go.

OUinFLA
3/29/2010, 10:42 PM
i still think calling any bomb a "wmd" is a little retarded

I remember a cherry bomb in the school toilet that caused "mass destruction"

It would have been less had the perp not sat on the toilet for a movement prior to lighting the "wmd" and flushing it.

yermom
3/29/2010, 10:45 PM
i'm just saying, it seems they apply the term in varying ways. if any bomb is a wmd, then i'm pretty sure Iran is stocked with them. North Korea too

Saddam surely had them. Mission Accomplished!

Crucifax Autumn
3/29/2010, 10:54 PM
There's an OR you guys are missing. Scott said IEDs or WMDs.

yermom
3/29/2010, 10:56 PM
i'm not basing that on ScottD's post. this isn't a new rant :D

Crucifax Autumn
3/29/2010, 11:00 PM
So where do you draw the line? Cherry Bombs? Truckloads of fertilizer? Nukes?

stoopified
3/29/2010, 11:20 PM
Some people actually believe that the Branch Davidians were peace- loving Christians attacked by a fascist government.One piece of S H I T named McVeigh REALLY believed it.

yermom
3/29/2010, 11:36 PM
So where do you draw the line? Cherry Bombs? Truckloads of fertilizer? Nukes?

nukes, chemical and biological weapons

it's not like i'm just making things up here...

http://www.fbi.gov/hq/nsb/wmd/wmd_home.htm

Crucifax Autumn
3/29/2010, 11:37 PM
Some people actually believe that the Branch Davidians were peace- loving Christians attacked by a fascist government.One piece of S H I T named McVeigh REALLY believed it.

Yep...And apparently these guys had something planned for next month, so...

yermom
3/29/2010, 11:43 PM
it sounds like a small, close-knit kinda group. they must have been sloppy getting supplies or something

Crucifax Autumn
3/29/2010, 11:52 PM
I can almost guarantee there's not any anti-government militia group that doesn't have at least one infiltrator watching from the inside. From all I've been able to read, the FBI had 2 in this group.

yermom
3/29/2010, 11:58 PM
well, i guess if they were smart, they probably wouldn't be in an anti-government militia group :D

Harry Beanbag
3/30/2010, 02:37 AM
Domestic terrorists. Subject to standard U.S. procedures with terrorists: possible indefinite detainment with no necessary charges, Gitmo, torture-interrogation purposes for info, etc.? What say you?

Okay, I'll bite. These lunatics are United States citizens, right? I think you should be able to figure it out from there.

soonerloyal
3/30/2010, 05:27 AM
Okay, I'll bite. These lunatics are United States citizens, right? I think you should be able to figure it out from there.

No need to bite, it wasn't bait. I couldn't remember what the P.A.'s spectrum covered in regard to U.S. citizens who are terrorists.

soonerloyal
3/30/2010, 05:28 AM
Edited: Oops, double post.

Harry Beanbag
3/30/2010, 07:01 AM
P.A.?

soonerboy_odanorth
3/30/2010, 09:12 AM
P.A.?

Patriot Act.

OklahomaTuba
3/30/2010, 10:36 AM
There aren't Dr. Amy Bishop, that's for sure.

yermom
3/30/2010, 10:53 AM
what does that even mean?

sappstuf
3/29/2012, 10:50 PM
Just a little update on that mean and scary Hutaree group.

Mich. 'Hutaree' Militia Members Acquitted

A federal judge on Tuesday gutted the government's case against seven members of a Michigan militia, dismissing the most serious charges in an extraordinary defeat for federal authorities who insisted they had captured homegrown rural extremists poised for war.

The trial, which began Feb. 13, will resume Thursday with only a few gun charges remaining against militia leader David Stone and son Joshua Stone, both from Lenawee County, Mich. They have been in custody without bond for two years.

http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,2110340-1,00.html

And then on those weapons charges a few statements from the jurors that were dismissed:

Jurors dismissed Thursday in the high-profile terror trial against members of the Hutaree, a Lenawee County militia group, said they were relieved they didn't have to deliberate inthe case they called an "overstep" by U.S. attorneys.

"They overstepped a little bit. It wasn't there," said federal juror, Rickey Randall, 58, of St. Clair Shores. "It was just a lot of talk, talk, talk and no action.

"We were all on the same page," said Randall, a retired construction worker. "They saw what I saw. I felt it was an overreach. I was shocked by what the government presented."

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20120329/METRO/203290413#ixzz1qXSzN7xK

okie52
3/30/2012, 01:27 AM
Just a little update on that mean and scary Hutaree group.

And then on those weapons charges a few statements from the jurors that were dismissed:

2 years in jail...no bond and charges dropped. Unreal.

LiveLaughLove
3/30/2012, 01:31 AM
Once more the christian conservative's turn out to not be the boogie man the media so desperately wants them to be.

I don't condone these idiots. They are obviously idiots. But I am so freaking tired of the media's biases, and the Obama administrations ability to pick out a group like this, while completely ignoring video taped evidence of voter intimidation by the black panthers with billy clubs. Holder is a scumbag of the highest order. He is a purely political partisan hack. He should not be in that job.

In fact, he is guilty of far more (Fast and Furious) than these idiotic militia types.

StoopTroup
3/30/2012, 01:53 AM
I'm surprised Johnny Mack hasn't proposed getting Nichols a pardon from President Obama. I mean, he didn't do any more than Micheal Fortier.

TheHumanAlphabet
3/30/2012, 09:29 AM
Wonder if this group was targeting something for April 19?

All Hail Obama, Lord and Savior!