PDA

View Full Version : Wow! Baylor is in the elite eight

Chuck Bao
3/27/2010, 01:26 PM
I am surprised that they made it this far and beat the number one seed Tennessee 77-62. At least, one of the four Big XII teams in the sweet sixteen advanced.

I am looking forward to the Sooners rematch with Notre Dame on Sunday. I would like for OU to get another chance at Nebraska too, but I would prefer that they weren't in the same Kansas City regional as OU.

I am not sure it matters. Do you think anyone is going to beat Connecticut? Iowa State is up next as fodder.

SicEmBaylor
3/27/2010, 01:55 PM
I am surprised that they made it this far and beat the number one seed Tennessee 77-62. At least, one of the four Big XII teams in the sweet sixteen advanced.

I am looking forward to the Sooners rematch with Notre Dame on Sunday. I would like for OU to get another chance at Nebraska too, but I would prefer that they weren't in the same Kansas City regional as OU.

I am not sure it matters. Do you think anyone is going to beat Connecticut? Iowa State is up next as fodder.

Both the men and women are in the Elite 8! How amazing is that?
:texan: :texan: :texan: :texan: :texan:

Chuck Bao
3/27/2010, 02:15 PM

I don't know. I am sure that we will see another thread in the next month on why Baylor should be kicked out of the Big XII.

My OU homer of a mom was still not giving any props to Baylor. I called her during the Baylor thrashing of St. Mary's and she said that she was equally proud of Kansas State's double overtime win.

Eielson
3/27/2010, 03:40 PM

Props to the women. I won't give much credit to the men until they beat a single-digit seed.

SanJoaquinSooner
3/29/2010, 12:29 AM

Yeah, that baylor frosh qualifies for both.

A-M
3/30/2010, 02:37 PM
At least one Big 12 team made to the final four. We were called the best conference in Baskedball and didn't quite live up to that in the big game.

yermom
3/30/2010, 02:40 PM
i gotta give Baylor props after where they have come from in the last few years

badger
3/30/2010, 02:55 PM

(yawn) been there, done that... last year :D

And 2002 :D:D

Sorry to keep ragging on Baylor this year, SicEm. Your womens coach frightens me.

SicEmBaylor
3/30/2010, 03:41 PM

Sorry to keep ragging on Baylor this year, SicEm. Your womens coach frightens me.

Hey, have you won a national championship yet with Coale? What...no?

NormanPride
3/30/2010, 05:30 PM
It's not our fault we're good when UConn is having insane winning streaks. I mean, we've had a few teams that could have won it all if they played in the year Baylor won... :rolleyes: Oh, and scoreboard.

badger
3/30/2010, 06:00 PM

Hey, have you guys even made it past the Sweet 16 more than once before this season with Mulkey?

HEY! Have you guys even won the Big 12 more than once? What... no?

(I am not obsessed with Baylor, I had to look this sh!t up just to be sure)

Don't get too cocky, SicEm. Your Baylor history consists of ONE season, 2005... and as the NCAA told us, 2005 wins don't count ;)

Eielson
3/30/2010, 06:09 PM

Get the trash talking in before you play UConn...

badger
3/30/2010, 10:22 PM
Get the trash talking in before you play UConn...

So the kind folks at ESPN told us what our records are against the other Final Four teams during the UK matchup. Apparently, we've never beaten UConn and we've beaten Stanford twice.

As for Baylor, the record is 25-11.

Um, that's 25 wins for us, 11 wins for you.

As someone said on here earlier - SCOREBOARD! :D

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
3/31/2010, 12:40 AM

Sorry to keep ragging on Baylor this year, SicEm. Your womens coach frightens me.Wouldyew watch a mud wrestling match between the Skeletor, and the equally scary coach of Stanford?

badger
3/31/2010, 09:11 AM
Wouldyew watch a mud wrestling match between the Skeletor, and the equally scary coach of Stanford?
Only if it was sinking sand ;)

Seriously, the thought of having to go against Baylor a fourth time this year is not pleasing. I wanna beat UConn, end their stupid streak and shut ESPN the eff up.

However, if it comes down to Baylor, I promise to do something more epic than last time's insult.

Or insults, rather. I think I was so fed up with playing them at that point that I was just going on (http://i44.tinypic.com/2ia6buh.jpg) and on (http://i42.tinypic.com/1z39o4g.jpg) and on (http://i40.tinypic.com/bf11ft.jpg) about how much they sucked.

Of course, first things first. Stanford's has Sherri's number like they're Iowa freaking State. Time to put the fake ivy school in its place.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
3/31/2010, 11:58 AM
I cringe at the thought of playing Stanford. Especially since the winner likely gets to play UConn.