PDA

View Full Version : Latest on Roethlisberger

Leroy Lizard
3/26/2010, 02:04 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5028720

On March 8, three days after the alleged incident, Duncan said police reviewed video footage of the night at his office in the club. The police were called away suddenly because of a murder in the area. Shortly afterwards, Duncan said, his "tech guy" tried to make a copy of the camera outputs to give to the police and the Georgia Bureau of Investigation, which was assisting on the case, but encountered problems. Duncan said they had trouble accessing the video again, and he was later informed by the GBI that there was nothing on the recordings.

They call that tampering with evidence.

Collier11
3/26/2010, 02:25 AM
also, there is a story going around that the girls who were with the alleged victim tried to go to the bathroom to check on her and Rothlisbergers body gaurds wouldnt let them pass

OUMallen
3/26/2010, 09:43 AM
also, there is a story going around that the girls who were with the alleged victim tried to go to the bathroom to check on her and Rothlisbergers body gaurds wouldnt let them pass

True. It's in the article.

sooner59
3/26/2010, 11:38 AM
Not looking for for ole Ben.

fadada1
3/26/2010, 12:33 PM
True. It's in the article.

no, it's true because it's on the internets.:D

sjt
3/26/2010, 02:32 PM
I don't believe it. A VIP room in Milledgeville, Ga?

Leroy Lizard
3/26/2010, 02:48 PM
Let's throw the race card into the mix as well:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/commentary/news/story?page=hill/100326

And surely the commissioner has noticed that Roethlisberger's case is becoming a racial litmus test. Fair or not, the perception is that Goodell has been eager to punish black athletes regardless of the status of their criminal investigations; and now that a white superstar quarterback is under police investigation, a lot of people -- especially African-Americans -- are noting how patiently Goodell is behaving.

Certainly there were factors with Adam "Pacman" Jones and Michael Vick -- the most high-profile measuring sticks of how the NFL can enforce its code of conduct -- that prompted the commissioner to dole out punishments before they were convicted in a court of law. For openers, Jones had a long history of previous arrests and other run-ins and Vick had already been indicted in his dogfighting case; Roethlisberger hasn't been charged yet. But the only factor that matters to those African-Americans keeping close tabs on the Roethlisberger case is this: The commissioner didn't wait to meet with Jones and Vick when they had criminal investigations hanging over their heads. Every time a prominent black athlete is involved in a legal situation, it seems as if the long, lawful arm of Goodell is ready to react.

Collier11
3/26/2010, 03:03 PM
Completely diff circumstances, I get so sick of people irresponsibly throwing the race card out there.

soonerloyal
3/26/2010, 04:43 PM
What sickens me is every time Carlee R. is shown or mentioned in the tournament, they bring up her brother and comment or speculate upon this case. This young woman is a talented player and by all accounts, an honorable and kind person in her own right.

Sensational, offtopic, opportunistic broadcasting sucks.

Leroy Lizard
3/26/2010, 05:43 PM
Again, Ben cannot comment on the case with Goodell. If he did and was guilty, he would be either forced to lie to Goodell or have his comments come back to haunt him in court once Goodell is subpoenaed.

Leroy Lizard
3/26/2010, 05:47 PM
Completely diff circumstances, I get so sick of people irresponsibly throwing the race card out there.

She even admits it, then goes on to say that the differences don't really matter because the African-American community wants to play the race card anyway.

olevetonahill
3/26/2010, 05:53 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5028720

They call that tampering with evidence.

Are you that dense ?
If its an active , Ongoing Investigation. The GBI would have seized those tapes, IF they thot there was anything to it
Trust Me the GBI will not run of to a Murder in the middle of an investigation .

They have more than 1 Agent :rolleyes:

Plus Ben is INNOCENT till proven guilty. Drunken accusations by spaced out broads aint gonna cut it with me .:pop:

Leroy Lizard
3/26/2010, 07:07 PM
Are you that dense ?
If its an active , Ongoing Investigation. The GBI would have seized those tapes, IF they thot there was anything to it

Now if they want to investigate, a potentially crucial piece of information is missing that was there before.

Plus Ben is INNOCENT till proven guilty. Drunken accusations by spaced out broads aint gonna cut it with me

Ben was not involved in the evidence tampering, nor did I imply he was.

Sure, it could have been a simple mistake. But it sure smells fishy.

I guess it doesn't matter now.

AlbqSooner
3/26/2010, 07:40 PM
Well hell. If it smells fishy just lock his arse up and save the time and expense of a trial.

I pray that if you are ever in trouble with the law you get better that that.

Leroy Lizard
3/26/2010, 08:09 PM
If it smells fishy just lock his arse up and save the time and expense of a trial.

Gee, you would think that I called for their arrest. I guess you missed the part where I said, "It could have been a simple mistake."

SoonerLB
3/26/2010, 08:45 PM
I must have missed the part where this has anything to do with Sooner Football ....... just sayin'. ;)

BudSooner
3/26/2010, 10:47 PM
His sister goes to school at OU, Ben plays football....please try and keep up. ;)

Pricetag
3/26/2010, 10:54 PM
She even admits it, then goes on to say that the differences don't really matter because the African-American community wants to play the race card anyway.
What's the breakdown of white dudes to black dudes in the NFL? Are white dudes even the majority?

badger
3/26/2010, 11:09 PM
His sister goes to school at OU, Ben plays football....please try and keep up. ;)

I was kind of upset when she was in our game during the first or second round and the announcer started talking about her brother's legal issues. I know it's ESPN2 and they gotta talk about something since they don't really cover womens basketball during the regular season, but it was really annoying. Carlee is a good athlete in her own right, even if she's Ben's little sister. So is Abi, even if she is Hakeem's daughter. So were Courtney and Ashley, even if they were Bubba Paris' twin daughters (cue cameras showing him in the crowd repeatedly).

Don't drag Carlee into this. It's not her. Ben's issues are his own.

BoulderSooner79
3/26/2010, 11:18 PM
+1 what Badger said.

Leroy Lizard
3/26/2010, 11:24 PM
Badger is so wrong. Carlee has some heavy 'splaining to do about her brother's legal problems.

sooner59
3/26/2010, 11:31 PM
I've been hearing from ESPN that Carlee is a suspect. They say Ben went into the women's restroom to stop her from taking advantage of the poor drunk girl. They know.....I mean they were all over Mike Leach beating that kid a baseball bat wrapped in barbwire during practice...and the kid already had a concussion! ESPN for the Peabody!

Leroy Lizard
3/26/2010, 11:39 PM
USC will protest, given the total hatchet job that ESPN did on those poor Trojans.

SoonerInFla
3/27/2010, 01:29 AM
Seems like the investigators should have taken the video with them. Especially if there was anything on it that interested them. I would think they would be aware that it is common for an establishment like a titty bar to have a surveillance system that records over the old stuff after a short period of time.

olevetonahill
3/27/2010, 01:51 AM
Gee, you would think that I called for their arrest. I guess you missed the part where I said, "It could have been a simple mistake."

But I caught the Part where YOU alluded to the evidence Tampering charge :rolleyes:

Leroy Lizard
3/27/2010, 02:23 AM
But I caught the Part where YOU alluded to the evidence Tampering charge

So you can now read half of the posts in this thread. You're doing a lot better now that you took those remedial reading courses at Metro-Tech.

olevetonahill
3/27/2010, 02:25 AM
So you can now read half of the posts in this thread. You're doing a lot better now that you took those remedial reading courses at Metro-Tech.

Let me ask this another way ok LL ?
Is it Painful to be as stupid as you are ? You are taking the Shots for that arnt you ?

VA Sooner
3/27/2010, 08:53 AM
Idiot Big Ben for thinking he can hang out in college bars... time to grow up.

fadada1
3/28/2010, 12:37 PM
Idiot Big Ben for thinking he can hang out in college bars... time to grow up.

"i keep getting older... they stay the same age."

VA Sooner
3/28/2010, 03:23 PM
That reminds me... I was at OU in the 80's... saw the word "FADADA" painted on the side of Indian Hill every time I drove down I-95.

Any relation? :)

JLEW1818
3/28/2010, 03:25 PM
is he at all close with his sister ?

Collier11
3/28/2010, 03:30 PM
Jlew, didnt you have sex with Ben? Did he force it

JLEW1818
3/28/2010, 03:34 PM
honestly, if giving the chance, I'd consider

Collier11
3/28/2010, 03:38 PM
thatd be some sweaty lovin :eek:

ouduckhunter
3/28/2010, 04:05 PM
honestly, if giving the chance, I'd consider

I'm telling on you! :D

JLEW1818
3/28/2010, 04:09 PM
haha

OK2LA
3/28/2010, 04:57 PM

http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/1002/racistub0.gif

fadada1
3/28/2010, 07:21 PM
That reminds me... I was at OU in the 80's... saw the word "FADADA" painted on the side of Indian Hill every time I drove down I-95.

Any relation? :)

no, never.

:D ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RUF/NEKS

KantoSooner
3/29/2010, 11:23 AM
I-95?