PDA

View Full Version : So how do you like the Thunder now?

stoopified
3/25/2010, 05:49 PM
I was originally going to post this on the Thunder Talk board BUT I already know how the other 6 TT posters feel about our Thunder.

I recall that many people were unmoved by the NBA coming to OKC in the first place,others predicted lukewarm support for a team unlikely to be any good, still others were opposed to a LAME team name.

I'm curious what the average SF member thinks now.Have you jumped on board the Thudermobile(like me)?I find myself addly exilirated by the sucess of this season especially given the doubts voiced from both within and without the Sooner state.I am thrilled when I hear the national media talk about OKC and the Thunder.I also appreciate the impact the Thunder has had on downtown OKC.Brictown hums like a giant hyperactive hive on game night.AS for the nickname ,I admit to being lukewarm due largely to an association with the CHL Thunder BUT it has grown on me.Amazing the effect of having a winning MAJOR LEAGUE team can have on people,a city, and even a state.

Soonerus
3/25/2010, 06:32 PM
Great rallying point for all fans in Oklahoma...

JLEW1818
3/25/2010, 06:37 PM
I'm a Houston Rockets fan

I will root for the Thunder after that.

Leroy Lizard
3/25/2010, 06:42 PM
I'm curious what the average SF member thinks now.Have you jumped on board the Thudermobile(like me)?

I'm not crazy about Thunder, but Thud is even worse.

Soonerus
3/25/2010, 07:08 PM
Get ready "Air Congo"...

OU Adonis
3/25/2010, 09:15 PM
I love the team.

I still hate the colors, logo and name.

OKC Outlaws with navy blue and white would of been sweet.

SoonerStud615
3/25/2010, 09:46 PM
Love the team. Love gamenights. Love the passion and intensity. Love the colors. Logo still sucks. Team name is fine.

Collier11
3/25/2010, 09:51 PM
Season ticket holder both years, went in with some friends. Its always a good time, I go t about 8-10 games a year and always enjoy it...im still more of a college fan

SoonerStormchaser
3/25/2010, 10:13 PM
I hate basketball, so I don't give a damn about the Thunder.

Now hockey, on the other hand...

sooner59
3/25/2010, 10:26 PM
I have no strong feelings either way about the name or colors. I love the team. We have some young hard-working players that actually want to use their talent, compared to what many NBA players do. I believe the Wizards just had a player the other day who took a seat on the bench because he "just didn't want to play". I'm happy to have a big league team here. It is weird to cheer and look over and see some dude in an osu hat cheering as well. Fun to watch them either way.

Collier11
3/25/2010, 10:28 PM
It is weird to cheer and look over and see some dude in an osu hat cheering as well. Fun to watch them either way.

whats great about this being a college state 1st, after a good play you look over, high 5 the guy and then silently think to yourself..."yep, youre still a mega doosh" while giving a fake smile at the osu guy :D

soonervegas
3/25/2010, 10:37 PM
I love the team.

Outlaws would have been awesome....oh well. Beat L.A. tomorrow night!

badger
3/25/2010, 10:44 PM
Tulsa Shock! :D

;)

Dio
3/25/2010, 11:41 PM

How'd last night work out for ya? :D

Soonerus
3/25/2010, 11:55 PM
That is what is great about the Thunder , it merges OU/OSU...Tulsa/OKC...all boundaries should be in support of our one major league team...and I think we are...

Crucifax Autumn
3/26/2010, 02:29 AM

Same here.

CORNholio
3/26/2010, 04:34 AM
Still think the name and all that is horrible but not enough to not like the team. Favorite sports team after the Sooners.

oumartin
3/26/2010, 09:44 AM
When did Oklahoma get a pro basketball team?

I thought all those busy nights around the ford center was due to a Monster truck rally or a WWE event.

Have they won many games this year?

stoopified
3/26/2010, 03:21 PM
How'd last night work out for ya? :DThat was my exact thought too.I tried to make arrangements to go to a Thunder game this week because it is my 50th birthday today and that was birthday wish.All my plans failed but I'm going to keep trying.This is one of those times when the legally blind thing really bites.

OUMallen
3/26/2010, 03:25 PM
Love the team. Love gamenights. Love the passion and intensity. Love the colors. Logo still sucks. Team name is fine.

Me too. Me too. Me too. Me too. Me too. Me too.

JohnnyMack
3/26/2010, 04:45 PM
I love the team.

You misspelled Barons.

BudSooner
3/26/2010, 07:47 PM
Meh, it's cool, don't give a **** for the Tulsa ToxicShockSyndromes either, I don't get wood for hockey, though i've tried to get interested in it.
Football/baseball/racing are where it's at for me.

Btw, I hear OKC is getting closer and closer to having American LeMans series come to town...what is the consensus on that? I can't see this happening on OKC streets....in multimillion dollar Ferarris/McLarens etc.
Fwiw, the owner of Pocono Raceway Joe Mattioli is spearheading getting the race there next year. If it does indeed happen, I will probably come that way and watch it.

Dio
3/27/2010, 12:36 AM
When did Oklahoma get a pro basketball team?

I thought all those busy nights around the ford center was due to a Monster truck rally or a WWE event.

Have they won many games this year?

Ask the Fakers about that.

http://espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=300326025

Flagstaffsooner
3/27/2010, 03:48 AM
Ask the Rapers about that.

http://espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=300326025
Fixed it for ya pal.;)

stoopified
3/27/2010, 02:38 PM
I just about crapped when the Thunder took the 80-47 lead into the 4th quarter.I do believe the old axiom that you are bever as good as your best win or as bad as your worst loss but still that was impressive.

silverwheels
3/27/2010, 02:47 PM
I still don't like the logo, but it's hard to come up with a good one when the name is "Thunder". How do you represent a sound in a 2D logo without it being cheesy and minor league-looking? Home uniform rocks. Road uniform needs work. Love watching this team, though.

JohnnyMack
3/27/2010, 03:06 PM
Barons. With copper, blue, black & white.

bluedogok
3/27/2010, 09:15 PM
Meh, it's cool, don't give a **** for the Tulsa ToxicShockSyndromes either, I don't get wood for hockey, though i've tried to get interested in it.
Football/baseball/racing are where it's at for me.

Btw, I hear OKC is getting closer and closer to having American LeMans series come to town...what is the consensus on that? I can't see this happening on OKC streets....in multimillion dollar Ferarris/McLarens etc.
Fwiw, the owner of Pocono Raceway Joe Mattioli is spearheading getting the race there next year. If it does indeed happen, I will probably come that way and watch it.
Many of them have been run on street courses in the past like the Houston Grand Prix at Reliant Park. It ran a couple of years as a ChampCar support race, they ran a bunch street courses when they were paired up with ChampCar. I could see it happening, there aren't any races in this part of the country on the schedule. There is nothing between Mid-Ohio/Road Atlanta and Miller in Utah.