PDA

View Full Version : Blu Ray Players

KHS Sooner
3/24/2010, 08:44 PM
Got a Sony as a gift a last year and I just now open it up and it wont read discs at all, so I am looking to get a new one.

Anybody have one that has been good to them?

JLEW1818
3/24/2010, 08:48 PM
receipt?

KHS Sooner
3/24/2010, 08:49 PM
receipt?

Of course not. :(

yankee
3/24/2010, 09:02 PM
definitely worth it. have one back home, and the difference between DVD and blu-ray is quite apparent (not that there's anything wrong with a DVD player).

Boarder
3/24/2010, 09:06 PM
I have a Samsung that works really well. It also plays Pandora, YouTube, and netflix on demand, if you hook it to the internet.

KHS Sooner
3/24/2010, 09:13 PM
I have a Samsung that works really well. It also plays Pandora, YouTube, and netflix on demand, if you hook it to the internet.

Do you know the model number?

I have been reading a lot of reviews and it seems a lot of them are having disc error problems.

HBick
3/24/2010, 09:44 PM
You should just get a playstation 3. Stupid I know, but the PS3 Slim is easy to set up, free online access (which includes firmware updates for the PS3) and video games. But beware, I don't know if you can use a universal remote with that, but there is a blu-ray remote specifically for the PS3.

Boarder
3/24/2010, 10:01 PM
I have a BD-1600. It has performed flawless. I have a Playstation 3, too, and originally got it for the Blu-Ray capability. It was just kind of weird and clunky to use for Blu-Ray and had a problem reading some of my older DVDs. The game play is awesome, though.

I have a Sony Blu-Ray that I bought on Black Friday in the bedroom and it has worked flawlessly, too. You might just have a lemon.

sooner59
3/24/2010, 11:16 PM
I have a PS3 slim also. Got it for gaming. Have only used it for Blu Ray. Its nice though.

KHS Sooner
3/24/2010, 11:49 PM
thanks guys

Crucifax Autumn
3/25/2010, 12:06 AM
Put it back in the box, go to Wal Mart, say it was a gift last week and doesn't work, and exchange it.

KHS Sooner
3/25/2010, 12:50 AM
Put it back in the box, go to Wal Mart, say it was a gift last week and doesn't work, and exchange it.

but wouldnt they have to see a receipt?

SenorCardgage
3/25/2010, 12:52 AM

Uhhhhh... nope. Trust me, we can pretty much look up when (or if) a player was sold, with or without a receipt. There are quite a few people out there who still think they're going to fool whoever's at the service desk, though.

Crucifax Autumn
3/25/2010, 12:55 AM
"Was it purchased at this Wal Mart?"

"I don't know, like I said, it was a gift"

Point being, some Wal Mart, somewhere, probably sold one in the last month.

KHS Sooner
3/25/2010, 12:59 AM
worth a try!

soonerboomer93
3/25/2010, 05:49 PM
you might just need to update it's firmware

badger
3/25/2010, 10:42 PM
What everyone else is saying - try returning at Walmart.

If they ask, you need to sound VERY certain that it came from Walmart, nothing wishy washy. Be firm that it's a Walmart item. And let's face it, if it's already broken, it probably is ;)

Then, if that actually works, get a PS3. Either model is fine, but if you're not into gaming, get the cheaper one definitely. If you're worried about remotes, just get used to the controller. It's wireless and since its a USB connection, you can actually charge it on your computer if you want :D

Boarder
4/7/2010, 12:18 AM
Good deal on Woot today:

http://www.woot.com/

http://sale.images.woot.com/Samsung_Blu-Ray_Player_with_Internet_Streamingo5uStandard.jpg

Pricetag
4/7/2010, 09:32 AM
Then, if that actually works, get a PS3. Either model is fine, but if you're not into gaming, get the cheaper one definitely. If you're worried about remotes, just get used to the controller. It's wireless and since its a USB connection, you can actually charge it on your computer if you want :D
Holy crap, I can't believe I never thought to try connecting to the computer to charge controllers. That'd be a lot easier than leaving the PS3 on to do it. DUH!