PDA

View Full Version : Dennis Hopper...sad if true

Collier11
3/24/2010, 02:59 PM
Seems his ex is a blood sucking leach all while he is dying from cancer...if this is true his ex is a real POS

http://www.tmz.com/2010/03/23/dennis-hopper-victoria-divorce-broke-ill-cancer-debt-support-spousal/

Dennis Hopper: I'm Sick, I'm Broke

Posted Mar 23rd 2010 6:40PM by TMZ Staff

Dennis Hopper is extremely ill from his battle with cancer -- he weighs a little over 100 pounds and is nearly broke, according to new court documents obtained by TMZ.

The docs, filed by celebrity attorney Joe Mannis in Hopper's mega-divorce case, paints a grim picture of Hopper's life. One of his doctors submitted a declaration, stating, "It is doubtful that Mr. Hopper will ever recover sufficiently to be subject to a deposition."

Hopper says in the legal docs he is willing to pay estranged wife Victoria $5,000 a month in spousal support, and that's all he can afford. Hopper's CPA says Dennis' liquid assets total $300,280 ... plus another $10,900 in Hopper's corporations.

The CPA says in recent years, "Hopper has basically lived on income derived from new acting services." Because of his cancer, Hopper can't work, and in 2009 he earned $57,000 in residuals. Mannis says that's what Hopper will pull in this year as well.

Victoria has alleged Dennis is loaded because of art he has created and sold. Dennis counters in legal docs that in the last 9 years he's sold art to the tune of $1,895,000, but his expenses to create and store the art totaled $1,850,000 -- so he's saying the net profit for 9 years is a measly $45,000.

According to the docs, Dennis has been living off a $450,000 line of credit, but there is "no further borrowing possible."

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2010/03/23/dennis-hopper-victoria-divorce-broke-ill-cancer-debt-support-spousal/#ixzz0j7sGCrup

delhalew
3/24/2010, 03:06 PM
This goes out to all the star****ing, gold digger, coniving hobags.

Leroy Lizard
3/24/2010, 03:10 PM
Sounds like Dennis Hopper's problem.

Collier11
3/24/2010, 03:12 PM
you could say that about 99% of the posts on this board, no sh*t LL

Leroy Lizard
3/24/2010, 03:21 PM
Make that 100% if you're talking about a former actor who blew all his money on illegal narcotics.

Collier11
3/24/2010, 03:23 PM
beside the point

OUMallen
3/24/2010, 03:24 PM
http://www.destructoid.com/elephant/ul/110566-Dennis%20Hopper.jpg

OhU1
3/24/2010, 03:27 PM
2 sides to the story and sounds like we're getting Dennis Hopper's lawyer's version of it.

C&CDean
3/24/2010, 03:28 PM
I gotta admit I have a hard time finding sympathy for people who make - and then squander millions of dollars away. If Hopper had his **** together, he wouldn't be in this pickle. I mean he'd still be dying, but he'd be very comfortable financially - even with a divorce or 3.

Collier11
3/24/2010, 03:31 PM
true ohU1, there probably is another side to the story and Hopper could be hiding cash or something, based on this it does seem like she is being a heartless leach but I guess we dont really know

TMcGee86
3/24/2010, 03:34 PM
I'm calling bullchit on it costing him a mil to "create" art. That's some spensive paint.

yermom
3/24/2010, 03:38 PM
"storing it" could though. rent ain't cheap in Hollywood

Leroy Lizard
3/24/2010, 03:40 PM
What art is he storing? The Eiffel Tower?

yermom
3/24/2010, 03:45 PM
i have no idea what they are specifically referring to, but if he had a gallery or a studio that he bought or rented, that could be pretty expensive

OhU1
3/24/2010, 03:54 PM
I rent beer, it aint cheap.

Crucifax Autumn
3/24/2010, 11:43 PM
This story has been going on in the public eye since at least December. So far, I have yet to see a single piece of evidence that his wife is anything but a total bitch. Even if she has grounds for divorce, which doesn't really mean much, some of her actions outside of that are just disgusting and petty.

Collier11
3/24/2010, 11:44 PM
the way it seems

Okla-homey
3/25/2010, 05:12 AM
I've said it before, and I'll say it again.

Any adult person who has been around a while and has some money to speak of who doesn't have a pre-nup before tying the knot deserves whatever happens when the marriage goes sour.

This kind of crap is almost completely avoidable with a valid pre-nup that can be acquired for a few bucks before the big wedding. It's really like those old muffler commercials used to say. Pay a lawyer a little up front to avoid paying a lawyer and the estranged spouse a ton later.

Crucifax Autumn
3/25/2010, 05:32 AM
Yeah, but the prenup wouldn't do much about her being a bitch and witholding visitation with his kids and all the other crap she's been pulling.

Leroy Lizard
3/25/2010, 12:16 PM
This kind of crap is almost completely avoidable with a valid pre-nup that can be acquired for a few bucks before the big wedding. It's really like those old muffler commercials used to say. Pay a lawyer a little up front to avoid paying a lawyer and the estranged spouse a ton later.

I have a different view: If you feel you need a pre-nup, then maybe you should reconsider marrying.

Collier11
3/25/2010, 12:39 PM
isnt there a move to force prenups in order to protect those who dont protect themselves?

Crucifax Autumn
3/25/2010, 04:00 PM
I see what you did there, but I see the other way...

Should healthcare be handled in civil court?

Oh...Wait...Then the doctors would have to pay some kinda insurance or something! lol

Okla-homey
3/25/2010, 04:27 PM
I have a different view: If you feel you need a pre-nup, then maybe you should reconsider marrying.

That kind of thinking is part of the problem. No one marries, at least non-golddiggers don't, thinking the marriage will end short of the grave.

Let's flip it. Who would refuse to marry a guy because he had a pre-nup?

The fact is, half of first time marriages do fail, and subsequent marriages don't fare much better.

Therefore, a pre-nup is kinda like insurance against an event that is at least 50% likely to occur. Who in the wide, wide, world of sports wouldn't buy an easily affordable policy of insurance to protect them against a catastrophic event they face a 1 in 2 chance of experiencing? I'll answer for you. Only a moron.

Crucifax Autumn
3/25/2010, 04:34 PM
I want a prenup that says I get to band her mom and sisters if she screws up.

Okla-homey
3/25/2010, 04:39 PM
I want a prenup that says I get to band her mom and sisters if she screws up.

Sorry.

Rule No. 4 of the law of Contracts: The law makes invalid and void a contract that allows you, or compels the other contracting party, to do something illegal.

Crucifax Autumn
3/25/2010, 04:45 PM
Damn it! I guess I just have to stick to peeping when they stay over!

soonerboomer93
3/25/2010, 04:53 PM
what will you name the band though?

Family Style?

Leroy Lizard
3/25/2010, 05:01 PM
That kind of thinking is part of the problem. No one marries, at least non-golddiggers don't, thinking the marriage will end short of the grave.

At the same time, what good are vows if you have a plan in the works in case you break them?

That isn't a vow.

Crucifax Autumn
3/25/2010, 05:06 PM
what will you name the band though?

Family Style?

Peephole Perverts, of course.

bluedogok
3/25/2010, 05:35 PM
I've said it before, and I'll say it again.

Any adult person who has been around a while and has some money to speak of who doesn't have a pre-nup before tying the knot deserves whatever happens when the marriage goes sour.
Isn't there restriction on pre-nups in community property states like California (or Texas)? I have heard that most pre-nups can be invalidated in community property states.

Wasn't that a Fram filters commercial?

q3wL8ZXjBU