PDA

View Full Version : People with military health benefits...

Okla-homey
3/24/2010, 05:21 AM
You can relax. Your active-duty and/or retired health benefits meet the newly enacted federal guidelines under Obamacare to avoid the tax penalties that will be assessed against losers who can afford insurance but are underinsured or who refuse to buy it.

http://www.defense.gov/news/newsarticle.aspx?id=58412

SunnySooner
3/24/2010, 07:54 AM
Thanks for that link, Homey, I had wondered how all of this crap would affect us. Tricare has been deafeningly silent on the whole subject, and I was really hoping this wouldn't throw even more monkey wrenches into that whole setup. It's such a huge PITA as it is, don't get me started. I am appreciative of the health care I receive, but it is a great big bureaucracy, you have to be a very aggressive patient to get the care you need, and it is also a huge chunk of Mr. SS's pay--plus, I haven't seen him in 8 months, so there's that. It's nice to go to the Dr. and get my medicines and not "pay" anything, but it is by no means "free" health care.

OUinFLA
3/24/2010, 08:53 AM
Thanks Homey, I was wondering also.
I have been in the Tampa VA system for almost 10 years and the care I receive is top notch.
I have found Tampa's system to be very well organized, efficent, and complete.

Jello Biafra
3/24/2010, 08:57 AM
Thanks Homey, I was wondering also.
I have been in the Tampa VA system for almost 10 years and the care I receive is top notch.
I have found Tampa's system to be very well organized, efficent, and complete.

im very happy for you OUin. its not every often you hear that the VA is a machine when it comes to caring for the vets.

hey sunny, where you at? Tinker by chance?

Crucifax Autumn
3/24/2010, 12:02 PM
You seriously need to hang out at the hideout more! lol

Jello Biafra
3/24/2010, 01:29 PM
You seriously need to hang out at the hideout more! lol

me? i know....2 tball teams this season....football team and o yeh, when time permits coaching wrestling....

i was int here last night....none of you gashes were around.

olevetonahill
3/24/2010, 02:05 PM
me? i know....2 tball teams this season....football team and o yeh, when time permits coaching wrestling....

i was int here last night....none of you gashes were around.

WE smelled ya coming and hid from ya :P

SunnySooner
3/24/2010, 05:39 PM
JB, we're down in Jacksonville, FL, we've been here a few years.

Jello Biafra
3/24/2010, 06:32 PM
JB, we're down in Jacksonville, FL, we've been here a few years.

tell him to keep his head low and run fast...we're thinking bout him ;)

SunnySooner
3/24/2010, 07:59 PM
lol, will do!!