PDA

View Full Version : Jeez...you'd think it's the end of the world.

SoonerStormchaser
3/22/2010, 05:56 PM
Look, just like the rest of us, I think that all politicians (especially the current lot in Washington) are best serving us when they're six feet under, but all the crap and outrage I'm seeing on facebook, news media, etc. is astounding.

I hate this health care package just as much as the majority of us, and think it's despicable how it has been crammed down our throats. But the reality of the situation is this: We, as the electorate, were stupid enough to elect these morons into office. We were stupid enough to give them this power to make decisions for us while ignoring our wishes. It's OUR fault...not theirs. We set them up to abuse us.

If you don't like it, then you can be like me and speak up at the polls this November. Until then, for the love of God, they don't care how pissed off you are because you elected them!

That is all.

Curly Bill
3/22/2010, 06:01 PM
Look, just like the rest of us, I think that all politicians (especially the current lot in Washington) are best serving us when they're six feet under, but all the crap and outrage I'm seeing on facebook, news media, etc. is astounding.

I hate this health care package just as much as the majority of us, and think it's despicable how it has been crammed down our throats. But the reality of the situation is this: We, as the electorate, were stupid enough to elect these morons into office. We were stupid enough to give them this power to make decisions for us while ignoring our wishes. It's OUR fault...not theirs. We set them up to abuse us.

If you don't like it, then you can be like me and speak up at the polls this November. Until then, for the love of God, they don't care how pissed off you are because you elected them!

That is all.

Lots of truth in this. There's something to be said for you get what you deserve.

That being said: Not a single person I voted for voted for this disaster.

fadada1
3/22/2010, 07:37 PM
yeah, i'd hate to live in a country that provides health care for all its people. or a country that won't bankrupt me and take my home if i should get cancer.

Sooner Eclipse
3/22/2010, 07:47 PM
yeah, i'd hate to live in a country that provides health care for all its people. or a country that won't bankrupt me and take my home if i should get cancer.

how about a country that will fine and jail you if you don't agree to buy a service provided by others. That they control and mandate. And then tax you to pay for someone elses. **** that.

Scott D
3/22/2010, 07:50 PM
how about a country that will fine and jail you if you don't agree to buy a service provided by others. That they control and mandate. And then tax you to pay for someone elses. **** that.

if you get in a car accident and don't have auto insurance I'm pretty sure that they can fine and jail you for not having it already. And I'm pretty sure my auto insurance rates have gone up because other people are too stupid to know how to drive properly, when I have no accidents and no tickets.

JLEW1818
3/22/2010, 07:59 PM
I've heard of a couple stories of people getting hit by "illegals" with obviously no insurance or drivers license. They don't even arrest them or ticket them. Too much paper work for the officers.

i hate illegals more than Obama

Sooner Eclipse
3/22/2010, 08:01 PM
if you get in a car accident and don't have auto insurance I'm pretty sure that they can fine and jail you for not having it already. And I'm pretty sure my auto insurance rates have gone up because other people are too stupid to know how to drive properly, when I have no accidents and no tickets.

Driving is a privilege. If you don't have insurance you don't drive. If i don't have health insurance, you gonna kill me? Stupid argument. I will not be forced to buy a service from another as a condition of being a citizen of this country.

Sooner Eclipse
3/22/2010, 08:06 PM
I've heard of a couple stories of people getting hit by "illegals" with obviously no insurance or drivers license. They don't even arrest them or ticket them. Too much paper work for the officers.

My father got rear-ended by a hispanic kid several months ago that had never been issued a drivers license and had an invalid insurance card from some fly by night insurance company. The hispanic police officer that showed up got mad and threatened my mother who questioned whether or not he was illegal and whether or not the insurance was valid. Ultimately it wasn't. It cost my parents 8K to replace the vehicle this illegal bastard totaled. The kid wasn't even ticketed.

JLEW1818
3/22/2010, 08:11 PM
yep, i hate illegals.

i hate many other things too

fadada1
3/22/2010, 08:43 PM

you and my dad both. me too. 'bout the one thing that really gets him going. that, and the catholic church... which he's never been a part of.

jkjsooner
3/22/2010, 08:44 PM
Hate illegals? Really? I think it's sad that you guys hate people who are just looking for a way to feed their children. Yes, there are gang members crossing the border but there are plenty of fine hardworking people.

I dislike our lack of immigration enforcement. I do not hate anyone - definitely not those whose only crime is seeking a better life for their family.

Sooner Eclipse
3/22/2010, 08:50 PM
I don't hate them. I want them to go home and I want our fraudulent government to force them to do so. Leftists act like they are not a drain on our society. They cheapen it and weaken it in so many ways its unbelievable that we wont enforce our own laws.

btk108
3/22/2010, 08:51 PM
Hats off to the Oklahoma delegation.....everyone of them voted a resounding NO...even the lone Democrat. These people listened to their voters, I'm thinking because they ARE Oklahomans and think like us. Also, they plan on living here when they're done.

fadada1
3/22/2010, 08:53 PM
yes, the immigration policy sucks. the people don't suck until they accidentally kill someone... as stated above.

JLEW1818
3/22/2010, 08:55 PM
Hate illegals? Really? I think it's sad that you guys hate people who are just looking for a way to feed their children. Yes, there are gang members crossing the border but there are plenty of fine hardworking people.

I dislike our lack of immigration enforcement. I do not hate anyone - definitely not those whose only crime is seeking a better life for their family.

don't have kids if u can't support them.... now if everybody could use that logic just imagine how much better things would be? there would be no democratic party

Sooner Eclipse
3/22/2010, 09:02 PM
yes, the immigration policy sucks. the people don't suck until they accidentally kill someone... as stated above.

given the medical bills for my aging father and the replacement costs that were significant from both my father and his insurance company, I'd most definitely say that he does indeed SUCK.

Scott D
3/22/2010, 09:04 PM
Driving is a privilege. If you don't have insurance you don't drive. If i don't have health insurance, you gonna kill me? Stupid argument. I will not be forced to buy a service from another as a condition of being a citizen of this country.

I guarantee you there are plenty of people not only driving without insurance, but there are plenty of people who are driving on at least one suspended license.

yermom
3/22/2010, 09:05 PM

when that illegal hits you and sends you to the emergency room and you don't have insurance, who is going to pay for it?

and yeah, my number one problem with illegals is the lack of ID

maybe i'm just jealous that i can't drop off the grid and not be accountable for my debts, driving record, medical bills, etc...

Sooner Eclipse
3/22/2010, 09:27 PM
I guarantee you there are plenty of people not only driving without insurance, but there are plenty of people who are driving on at least one suspended license.

They are breaking the law and should be ticketed and jailed if necessary which we refuse to do. But how does this justify the government forcing me to purchase something I don't necessarily want just to maintain status as a law abiding citizen of this country?

Sooner Eclipse
3/22/2010, 09:28 PM
when that illegal hits you and sends you to the emergency room and you don't have insurance, who is going to pay for it?

How about forcing the government that refuses to enforce immigration law to pay for it?

Scott D
3/22/2010, 09:39 PM
They are breaking the law and should be ticketed and jailed if necessary which we refuse to do. But how does this justify the government forcing me to purchase something I don't necessarily want just to maintain status as a law abiding citizen of this country?

I have my doubts that the government is going to individually go after you and force you to buy a plan you don't want. Especially since the primary objective will still be to have you go through a private insurance provider. What they are more than likely going to do, is go after companies that try to circumvent the law.

the real problem with this entire issue is that 99% of what you hear is hyperbole from either side of the issue.

Sooner Eclipse
3/22/2010, 10:07 PM
I have my doubts that the government is going to individually go after you and force you to buy a plan you don't want. Especially since the primary objective will still be to have you go through a private insurance provider. What they are more than likely going to do, is go after companies that try to circumvent the law.

the real problem with this entire issue is that 99% of what you hear is hyperbole from either side of the issue.

If they don't the whole thing falls apart the deficit skyrockets. You have far too much faith in a government that's becoming far too tyrannical towards the persons providing for the country and far to lenient towards the deadbeats.

Crucifax Autumn
3/22/2010, 10:18 PM

Winner!!!!!

tulsaoilerfan
3/22/2010, 10:32 PM

Yup a guy i know got pulled over a couple of weekends ago and he had a suspended license cause of outstanding warrants; i bet there are a ton of those out there on the roads today

Curly Bill
3/22/2010, 10:52 PM

I bet you have a nice collection of cardigans huh? :O

Harry Beanbag
3/22/2010, 11:06 PM
The reason this country is so ****ed up is because people have forgotten what principles and liberty are over the last 200 or so years of incremental erosion of American ideals due to ever growing and intrusive government.

btk108
3/22/2010, 11:11 PM
The reason this country is so ****ed up is because people have forgotten what principles and liberty are over the last 200 or so years of incremental erosion of American ideals due to ever growing and intrusive government.

let me put is in simpler terms. We've become a "me first" society. And it sucks.

Crucifax Autumn
3/22/2010, 11:30 PM
Sucks when it's YOU first, but when it's ME first I like my spot in the line! lol

btk108
3/22/2010, 11:38 PM
Sucks when it's YOU first, but when it's ME first I like my spot in the line! lol

*******...*pushin you out of line* :P

btk108
3/22/2010, 11:39 PM
I called you a JLEWhole...why did they censor that?

Crucifax Autumn
3/22/2010, 11:42 PM
The last thing I wanna think about is a jlewhole.

delhalew
3/22/2010, 11:51 PM
Cru, is weird that I just noticed the showgirl on your right looks like she has her knee in your junk?

Crucifax Autumn
3/22/2010, 11:55 PM
Cru, is weird that I just noticed the showgirl on your right looks like she has her knee in your junk?

At least you can't see what's dripping down her knee.

delhalew
3/23/2010, 12:16 AM
I thought you looked awfully happy about it:D

MrJimBeam
3/23/2010, 05:36 AM
let me put is in simpler terms. We've become a "me first" society. And it sucks.

"Me first" pretty much built the country. The drive to make a better life for oneself is what makes America. The successful "me firsters" then provide a living for the "I like cheese wiz and beer" crowd. There is fixin' to be more "cheese wizzers" than the "me firsters" can provide for.

yermom
3/23/2010, 10:15 AM
How about forcing the government that refuses to enforce immigration law to pay for it?

right. the taxpayers.

Stitch Face
3/23/2010, 10:35 AM
My thing is: why does it have to be so huge/expensive/"comprehensive?" Why can't we have a safety net that covers the big stuff for those who cannot or will not provide for themselves and leave the rest alone? I honestly don't mind pitching in a little bit to cover some poor person's appendicitis. But why should I have to buy them medicine for their athlete's foot? Yeah, people go bankrupt if they get sick and have no means, and I think we could ameliorate that without (further) bankrupting the country. But I don't want my tax dollars paying for poor peoples' athlete's foot cream. If that makes me a jerk then I'm a jerk.

VOTE STITCH FACE 2012
APPENDICITIS NOT ATHLETES FOOT

yermom
3/23/2010, 10:41 AM
i don't think my insurance covers athlete's foot cream

Stitch Face
3/23/2010, 10:43 AM
i don't think my insurance covers athlete's foot cream

Trust me, no one's will in a few years.

OU Adonis
3/23/2010, 10:43 AM
Its not the end of the world. But I think America is in steep decline. America will not be the superpower she was by the end of my lifetime.

yermom
3/23/2010, 10:49 AM
that's because we will have transferred all our wealth to teh Arabs and Chinees

TUSooner
3/23/2010, 11:16 AM

This is true. I do not think the bill will be as bad as the right-wing howlers are saying, not as good as fuzzy-brained left proclaims. I'm not going into the bunker and I'm not going to start shooting IRS agents on sight. (If you want to do that, please don't do it in the building where I work. Building security has already been a pain in the butt, and whenever the IRS people upstairs think trouble's abrewing, it gets worse.)

I did not want the bill to pass because I don't really know what the hell is in it, and I'm not sure anyone does.

I think it's absurd to say that there is a "right" to health care, because nobody has a "right" to someone else's labor. That said, it is not necessarily evil for a government to try to provide health care for its citizens as a matter of policy. I just don't see how this bill does it in a sensible or efficient way. But as Scott said, all we have so far is a surplus of hyperbole from both sides. I just wish everybody would STFU for awhile. :rolleyes:

Pricetag
3/23/2010, 11:27 AM
We, as the electorate, were stupid enough to elect these morons into office. We were stupid enough to give them this power to make decisions for us while ignoring our wishes. It's OUR fault...not theirs. We set them up to abuse us.

That is all.
Did you vote Democrat, or not at all, last cycle? Having read your commentary on this board, I'm inclined to believe that had you voted, it would be Republican. If you go and vote Republican again, how have you "spoken up"? How have you done anything differently?

My biggest beef with this whole deal is that the Republicans are going to win back Congress this cycle by doing nothing more than being contrarian and waiting until they appeared to suck less than the Democrats (just like the Dems in 2006).

This bill passing is not a victory for the American people, nor will be the Republican victory in November.

Scott D
3/23/2010, 03:17 PM
If they don't the whole thing falls apart the deficit skyrockets. You have far too much faith in a government that's becoming far too tyrannical towards the persons providing for the country and far to lenient towards the deadbeats.

on the contrary, I have far less faith in the government than pretty much anyone else here. I just don't subscribe to any sort of extremism.