PDA

View Full Version : More potential draft news...

Collier11
3/22/2010, 04:31 AM
The Browns are gonna draft a QB, Holmgren says if he can move up he will and it wont be for Clausen, otherwise it will be later in the draft

Joe Haden ran a 4.4 fourty time at his pro day, apparently he had a back injury at the combine when he ran a 4.6

Lagerette Blount ran a 4.45 and weighed in at 238 at his pro day, this guy has a punchers chance...hey oh!

Ryan Matthews may go in 1st round after his workouts...STEP?

Juice Williams looked really good at his pro day

rawlingsHOH
3/22/2010, 08:36 AM
Lagerette Blount ran a 4.45 and weighed in at 238 at his pro day
Quite an improvement from a 4.7ish combine time.

soonerfan28
3/22/2010, 10:52 AM
Did any of these guys run on a different surface than at the combine?

oudavid1
3/22/2010, 11:33 AM
run on a different surface than at the combine?

Honnestly, i never understood why this matters in football, its a sport played with pads and a helmet, your never gonna be in tight underamour so why do scouts even care how fast they can run. But im not ranting to you SooneFan, i just saw this and decided to ask.

Collier11
3/22/2010, 11:46 AM
Did any of these guys run on a different surface than at the combine?

probably

Honnestly, i never understood why this matters in football, its a sport played with pads and a helmet, your never gonna be in tight underamour so why do scouts even care how fast they can run. But im not ranting to you SooneFan, i just saw this and decided to ask.

this also

goingoneight
3/22/2010, 11:53 AM
On gameday, you're wearing:

Full pads, taped ankles, knee braces, cleats, helmet, and various other items.

Why the hell do we still care what a guy is running in a 40-yard dash in nothing but workout shorts and tennis shoes? I understand there's a difference between 5.1 and 4.4... but fast is fast when it comes to player A's 4.4 versus player B's 4.5, etc.

soonerfan28
3/23/2010, 09:20 AM
I could care less what a guy runs but apparently the scouts do or it wouldn't be a part of the combine.

fwsooner22
3/23/2010, 09:40 AM
Not to be a smart A but maybe it's because the REALLY fast ones become Deion Sanders and Darrell Green.

oudavid1
3/23/2010, 10:00 AM
Not to be a smart A but maybe it's because the REALLY fast ones become Deion Sanders and Darrell Green.

Speed works for punt and KO returns, you have to be able to tackle and jab to have the ability to become a useful tool, 40 times is a way to rate guys but if they put pads on some guys might be a little faster than others, and with WRs I want you to be able to block, that's what wins games.

BoulderSooner79
3/23/2010, 11:56 AM
Speed works for punt and KO returns, you have to be able to tackle and jab to have the ability to become a useful tool, 40 times is a way to rate guys but if they put pads on some guys might be a little faster than others, and with WRs I want you to be able to block, that's what wins games.

Dion Sanders couldn't tackle worth a darn and yet he was still the best lock-down corner in the NFL for years. Not saying tackling is not important, just that there are exceptions to every rule (including coaching cliches).

starclassic tama
3/23/2010, 04:12 PM
it would be interesting to see what all these guys' 40-times are if they ran the drill in full pads/helmet...

Jello Biafra
3/23/2010, 04:17 PM
Dion Sanders couldn't tackle worth a darn and yet he was still the best lock-down corner in the NFL for years. (including coaching cliches).

...i would certainly say for 3 or 4 seasons but, once his speed strated to falter, he was more of a liability than anything else.

fadada1
3/23/2010, 07:19 PM
i'm more impressed with fast shuttle times. how fast/quick is your footwork? might be more imortant to every position except kickoff returner.

yankee
3/23/2010, 09:55 PM

or darius heyward bay's...

Ruf/Nek7
3/23/2010, 10:16 PM
Obviously times would be higher in full pads but if you think about it, everyone's time would be higher therefore it really doesnt matter what they run in. I think its still valuable info.

rawlingsHOH
3/23/2010, 11:14 PM
it would be interesting to see what all these guys' 40-times are if they ran the drill in full pads/helmet...

add .3, is the rumor...

stoops the eternal pimp
3/26/2010, 10:33 AM
The Browns are gonna draft a QB, Holmgren says if he can move up he will and it wont be for Clausen, otherwise it will be later in the draft

Joe Haden ran a 4.4 fourty time at his pro day, apparently he had a back injury at the combine when he ran a 4.6

Lagerette Blount ran a 4.45 and weighed in at 238 at his pro day, this guy has a punchers chance...hey oh!

Ryan Matthews may go in 1st round after his workouts...STEP?

Juice Williams looked really good at his pro day

Ryan Matthews was a guy i was hyping up here a few months ago....Not too long after watching him go yard time and time again....

Juice Williams...good pro day that will earn him not much of anything....

Most teams didn't back off of Haden even after his time, because of the injury....

They guy Blount gets compared to some is another former Duck Jonathan Stewart...nowhere near the vision of Stewart, but similar backs