PDA

View Full Version : Marquis Anderson

Tigeman
3/22/2010, 02:07 AM
A nice little Tidbit from Marquis Anderson....

"I really believe that my decision is going to come down to TCU and OU"

ESPN INSIDER PAGE (http://insider.espn.go.com/ncf/recruiting/tracker/school?schoolId=2628&page=briefingroom&season=2010&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fncf %2frecruiting%2ftracker%2fschool%3fschoolId%3d2628 %26page%3dbriefingroom%26season%3d2010)

Herr Scholz
3/22/2010, 02:34 PM
I can confirm from UT insider info that UT was not at the top of his list so that sounds plausible. Wonder if that has an effect on his Cibolo teammate Malcolm Brown.

HillbillyRay
3/22/2010, 03:48 PM
i hope so!

Tigeman
3/22/2010, 07:29 PM
Yeah, I guess TX gave him one of those "If you'll commit today you have an offer.... if not, then let us know when you will and we'll offer you then". At least according to him anyways.

I was definately thinking about the connection to Brown and what this could mean though. Prob. nothing, but you just never know! For all we know, they could hate each other...lol.

Herr Scholz
3/23/2010, 10:48 AM
Yeah, I guess TX gave him one of those "If you'll commit today you have an offer.... if not, then let us know when you will and we'll offer you then". At least according to him anyways.
He said that? Because he's one of the 10 kids with outstanding offers to UT according to Rivals. Geoff Ketchum just said we weren't at the top of his list. We offered 3 DTs: Desmond Jackson who accepted, Anderson and Quincy Russell from SA. We're only taking 2 so maybe he felt some pressure there. Who knows.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/texas/football/recruiting/player-Marquis-Anderson-90852

Tigeman
3/23/2010, 10:23 PM
He said that? Because he's one of the 10 kids with outstanding offers to UT according to Rivals. Geoff Ketchum just said we weren't at the top of his list. We offered 3 DTs: Desmond Jackson who accepted, Anderson and Quincy Russell from SA. We're only taking 2 so maybe he felt some pressure there. Who knows.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/texas/football/recruiting/player-Marquis-Anderson-90852

Nah it was a joke! What he did say though was...."As far as I know, they already have their two commits. I still think I have a little opening to get a commitment in, but I am not sure I am ready for that." .... Yet he's listed as offered. So who knows.

Herr Scholz
4/6/2010, 03:43 PM
Well, Anderson appears to be all yours. That other DT Quincy Russell from S.A. committed to UT yesterday. We're closing up shop at DT in this class with him and Desmond Jackson.

fwsooner22
4/6/2010, 03:52 PM
We all know that nobody rejects ** for any other school. They take what they want and leave the rest for everybody else. That's why they have more Big 12 championships and more National Championships than anybody else in the country. How many times does it have to be said. They are **. Just ask them.

The lowly 24,000 or so student population at Oklahoma and anybody else for that matter has little or no shot at the top kids. They are **.

There are no excuses just **.

And by the way those big shots who decide who is a 5-star and who is a 4-star they have no affiliation.

Did I miss April Fools Day ?

Herr Scholz
4/6/2010, 03:58 PM
Huh? Jackson and Russell liked UT and wanted to come here. Anderson didn't for whatever reason. Not every kid from the state wants to be a Longhorn.

We'll be happy with our recruits and I'm sure you'll be happy with yours just like every year. Just wanted to talk recruiting, that's all.

Tigeman
4/6/2010, 04:39 PM
Yeah I was thinking the recruiting board was a bit dead as of late!

Whats this I keep hearing.... Malcolm Brown appears to be a HEAVY * lean at this point?

And apparently you guys now are entrenched with Green's coach b/c of his nephew? What ever it takes right? ;) JK

Herr Scholz
4/6/2010, 07:41 PM
I hear Malcolm Brown is leaning our way with the change in our offense and emphasis we've put on the running game this Spring. And yes, Quincy Russell's HC is Green's uncle and manager of his recruiting. But I wouldn't call either one a lock and I'd be happy with either one. If we miss on both, it'll be a complete disaster. Brandon Williams is also good though.

KiiDSooNER
4/6/2010, 09:11 PM
That Quincy guy actually de-committed and you guys picked up Westerman from Arizona.

Salt City Sooner
4/6/2010, 09:38 PM
http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/longhorns/Sam_Houston_DT_backs_out_on_UT.html

Tigeman
4/6/2010, 10:37 PM
I hear Malcolm Brown is leaning our way with the change in our offense and emphasis we've put on the running game this Spring. And yes, Quincy Russell's HC is Green's uncle and manager of his recruiting. But I wouldn't call either one a lock and I'd be happy with either one. If we miss on both, it'll be a complete disaster. Brandon Williams is also good though.

I would hope Brown keeps an eye on that lackluster performance you guys put up for a running game at your spring game. I would think players would understand the lack of running game at * the last couple years wasn't for lack of want, but poor coaching and execution. I don't think anyone would argue that TX wanted to be able to run it.... they just couldn't. I just have a feeling that things aren't gonna get better for the whorns anytime soon in terms of running, no matter how much they try and force it. Hopefully he'll hold out and watch how well you guys execute... or fail to! :D

Also hopefully he sees this quote... "He said they’ve got three left – defensive end, defensive tackle and running back – and that Quincy and my nephew (Madison running back Aaron Green) are their No. 1 choices,” - Gary Green

Hey Malcolm.... your not their #1 guy at RB. Come where your wanted. You know we know how to develop running backs. Just look at AD, all that needs to be said.... PERIOD

Herr Scholz
4/7/2010, 10:57 AM
Well that commitment didn't last long. Apparently he got caught up in the hoopla at the Spring game. I appreciate him not holding a schollie if he's not sure though. The rumor is now that maybe his HC is steering both him and Aaron Green to Nebraska. Getting Westerman certainly helped. ;)

As far as the running game, our offense has been pretty much built around the QB under VY and Colt. It hasn't been a downhill running scheme but rather a spread/zone scheme where the O linemen step sideways first instead of firing off the ball. I wouldn't call it poor coaching or execution but lack of emphasis the last several years. That will be different now and prospects have seen that. Our O line is very excited about it. Keep in mind that at one point, we had the all time NCAA rushing leader in Ricky Williams so Greg Davis knows how to run the ball. Top notch RBs are probably seeing the stud O linemen we're bringing in too.

As far as the Spring game, I liked what I saw out of the running game out of Newtwon, Whittaker, Whaley and Hills. Keep in mind they were running against our #1 D that first half and that's not a shoddy group.

With remaining recruits, we have at least 4 spots left (23 is the number that's been targeted), probably 1 RB, 1 CB, 1 DT and 1 LB/DE. Green and Brown are 1A and 1B at RB from everything I've read (Brandon Williams is the first alternate). Don't know about the DTs. Both Russell and Anderson hold offers and are coveted but that's not our biggest position of need though (RB, OL and DB).

Tigeman
4/7/2010, 05:26 PM
I realize your running game was set up around the QB running the ball. But you did have designed power plays during VY and Pony Boy's stint. And well.... they were less than stellar. You can't tell me the O-line got so caught up in the offensive scheme that they forgot how to block for a power I play? If they did.... well.... then your in trouble this year too. LOL If they didn't... well... then it's poor coaching. But we'll see! :)

But yes... we know all about Ricky... what was that... 12 years ago? :D

KiiDSooNER
4/7/2010, 07:45 PM
OU has easily shown that we're the better team to play for as a running back. Just look at all the guys who have produced for us in the past years.

Adrian Peterson
DeMarco Murray
Chris Brown
Allen Patrick

All have been 1000 yard backs for us since 04. Texas has only had Jamaal Charles and Cedric Benson who have accomplished that.

Herr Scholz
4/8/2010, 02:30 PM
It'll be a different story now with the new scheme we've installed. Brown and Green have both been to our practices. They know what's going on.

Tigeman
4/8/2010, 06:19 PM
It'll be a different story now with the new scheme we've installed. Brown and Green have both been to our practices. They know what's going on.

Guess that's why Green is running off to Nebraska? :D I can see it now.... :mack: "WHATTTT.... you wanna go where?????"

Herr Scholz
4/9/2010, 02:53 PM
Green is quoted as saying he liked what he saw from our new running scheme. Wouldn't count that chicken just yet. To be honest though, I'd be ecstatic to get either Brown, Green or Brandon Williams.

Tigeman
4/9/2010, 03:57 PM
Green is quoted as saying he liked what he saw from our new running scheme. Wouldn't count that chicken just yet. To be honest though, I'd be ecstatic to get either Brown, Green or Brandon Williams.

Who wouldn't be happy with any of those? I'm just busting your balls some! :D :rolleyes:

Herr Scholz
4/9/2010, 04:15 PM
Oh I know. I can take it. ;) Green probably will end up in Nebraska anyway.

But just like every other year, UT and OU will get plenty of talent. You can bank on that. I just like to follow the recruiting. Helps with the offseason.