PDA

View Full Version : Health Insurance Tax Calculator

SoonerBorn68
3/22/2010, 12:59 AM
Have fun!

http://www.savejobs.org/taxcalc.php

Ardmore_Sooner
3/22/2010, 01:08 AM
Mine says $120 increase, or $4.62 per check.

Guess that's not too bad.

I gotta be doin something wrong on it.

GKeeper316
3/22/2010, 01:08 AM
so basically what this stupid *** website says is that for the cost of a new flat screen tv, people will now no longer have to be terrified of the prospect of an emergency surgery?

that sounds like a fair deal to me.

SoonerBorn68
3/22/2010, 01:16 AM
you must be a student, still live with mommy & daddy, or work at McDonalds.

yermom
3/22/2010, 01:17 AM
losing $100 a month would kinda suck

how do that come up with their calculations?

less than a 2% increase isn't exactly enough to get me out in the streets protesting though

GKeeper316
3/22/2010, 01:26 AM
you must be a student, still live with mommy & daddy, or work at McDonalds.

yes (recently went back to retrain to get out of the local news biz and paid for out of my own pocket since i make too much to qualify for financial aid and since its been more than 10 years since my date of discharge i can no longer get any gi bill money... both of those are federal entitlement programs by the way), no, and no.

Harry Beanbag
3/22/2010, 01:51 AM
$264.17 per month for me. **** you Congress.

SoonerBorn68
3/22/2010, 01:58 AM
$295 per month for me. I like how the gubment can (now) legally steal from me.

GKeeper316
3/22/2010, 02:33 AM
$295 per month for me. I like how the gubment can (now) legally steal from me.

all taxes are theft, then?

im not following your logic, here.

GKeeper316
3/22/2010, 03:45 AM
while your taxes will go up, the cost of your current health care will go down.

and your current health care provider cannot legally drop you if you develop a life threatening condition, nor can they raise the rate you pay out of pocket to compensate for the increased cost of your care.

bottom line is that you wont see that much of a change in your monthly income.

SoonerInFla
3/22/2010, 07:41 AM

and your current health care provider cannot legally drop you if you develop a life threatening condition, nor can they raise the rate you pay out of pocket to compensate for the increased cost of your care.

My current health care is free. Or, maybe I should say I pay nothing for it.

GKeeper316
3/22/2010, 07:51 AM
My current health care is free. Or, maybe I should say I pay nothing for it.

good for you. now you can help people not quite as fortunate as yourself.

SoonerInFla
3/22/2010, 08:01 AM
I just took a $25,000 a year pay cut due to the economy.

Now, you say

I got a better idea. How bout they get up off their ***, get a job and help themselves? Gee, what a concept.

SoonerJack
3/22/2010, 08:11 AM
$264.17 per month for me. **** you Congress.
Me too. Couldn't agree with you more.

Soonrboy
3/22/2010, 08:48 AM
I just took a $25,000 a year pay cut due to the economy.

Now, you say

I got a better idea. How bout they get up off their ***, get a job and help themselves? Gee, what a concept.]]

My wife and I do have full time jobs. It costs over $1000/month to insure my family of four. We all went to the doctor last week, $50 bucks a pop just to see the doctor, ($200). ****ing ridiculous.

landrun
3/22/2010, 08:57 AM
So when does this tax become active? 2014. Is that correct?

OhU1
3/22/2010, 09:20 AM
$1,176 a year. About $25 a week. Obama wants my beer money!

OklahomaTuba
3/22/2010, 09:30 AM

No, our taxes go up, and the cost of the health care ALSO GOES UP because now insurance companies have to cover everything and everyone, no matter if they make money or not.

We've just turned the entire health care industry into a utility.

This is the stupidity of this entire plan.

soonerloyal
3/22/2010, 09:31 AM
Re: health care. Please try to understand that most people who can't afford health insurance, or have it and still can't afford to get sick are hard-working, non-slackers who simply cannot make it with this ridiculous we're-the-only-civilized-nation-who-allows-gross-profiteering-in-health-care system.

When my combat-vet son (the older one who doesn't have a VA rated injury) can't afford to go to the damn doctor when he's sick, the goldang farking shtuff is BROKEN and by gawd needs to be fixed. Does this bill fix it? Nope. Single payer or public option would come dadgum closer.

Too many are overworked, too many are going broke and just want things to get better. But it's too easy to make gross generalizations about those who need help. Things are simply not black and white.

Until we move away rather than toward becoming a Corporatocracy where we are in danger of losing the middle class entirely, we're going to suffer. A Dickensian-like society would be teh suck, and frankly, I don't wanna go there. But DC is so damn corrupt; the focus is protecting and fostering the wealthiest instead of the majority. The middle class is our foundation. You damage the foundation long enough and the whole structure goes down.

I don't begrudge anyone a profit, a living. It's when the profits are gross and at the expense of the people in general and hurt more than help (like war profiteering, Wall Street excess and non-medicals making for-profit medical decisions) that we suffer.

It wouldn't kill us at all to have Single Payer or failing that, a Public Option. If people are healthy and can stay that way overall, our country is the stronger and more fiscally sound in the short and long term for it.

OklahomaTuba
3/22/2010, 09:33 AM
It wouldn't kill us at all to have Single Payer or failing that, a Public Option.

Well, eventually it will actually, as it will not only bankrupt the country as its doing in most of Europe and Japan right now, but also lead to even MORE medical rationing.

OULenexaman
3/22/2010, 09:43 AM

2014 is when it becomes mandated on every american...no current plan....pay a fine....

soonerloyal
3/22/2010, 09:47 AM
Just because the talking heads squawk that, doesn't mean it is. Taking care of their citizens' health isn't bankrupting countries, but systematic destruction of the middle class will doom a society every time.

Veritas
3/22/2010, 09:54 AM
Ok, I'm going to be candid here, and I hope I don't sound like a Bruce. It shows mine as being about $5,550. Relative to my income, that's not a big deal.

I would happily pay an extra $5K, hell I'd pay $10K more in taxes every year if it would guarantee an efficient and equitable health care system that provided quality health care to all regardless of their financial capacity.

But this is not what is going to happen. That is a ****ing pipe dream. Because, you see, it's not about me or other financially successful folks being greedy; it's about having enough of a grip on reality to realize that the quality of health care is going to decline as the system becomes overwhelmed and as those who would become doctors choose other fields that don't "enjoy" the governmental interference.

OklahomaTuba
3/22/2010, 10:01 AM
but systematic destruction of the middle class will doom a society every time.You realize you have to have robust private sector that creates middle class jobs in order to have a middle class, and not more government, right? Please tell me you do understand this basic concept.

Taxing the hell out of firms will only drive our competitiveness down and our jobs overseas.

OklahomaTuba
3/22/2010, 10:12 AM
America: 1776-2010.

RIP

Cramer: Obamacare Will Topple the Market

Given those hurdles, which include a suicide pact with financial health for small businesses that obviously can't afford health care without risking the capital formation necessary, I think you have to put the double-dip recession back on the table.

Those who have read me here and watch "Mad Money" know that I was out there early thinking that 2010 would not produce a double-dip, despite ample commentary that it would. But if health care reform passes, I am going to revise my thinking -- and you know I think it will -- especially because immigrant amnesty will cause the health care system to be overloaded and our taxes to soar.http://www.thestreet.com/story/10703361/1/cramer-obamacare-will-topple-the-market.html?kval=dontmiss

Bourbon St Sooner
3/22/2010, 10:15 AM
Ok, I'm going to be candid here, and I hope I don't sound like a Bruce. It shows mine as being about $5,550. Relative to my income, that's not a big deal.

I would happily pay an extra $5K, hell I'd pay $10K more in taxes every year if it would guarantee an efficient and equitable health care system that provided quality health care to all regardless of their financial capacity.

But this is not what is going to happen. That is a ****ing pipe dream. Because, you see, it's not about me or other financially successful folks being greedy; it's about having enough of a grip on reality to realize that the quality of health care is going to decline as the system becomes overwhelmed and as those who would become doctors choose other fields that don't "enjoy" the governmental interference.

Dude, you need to quit operating in the real world and join us in Nancy Pelosi's world. See Nancy has deemed that health care is now an unlimited resource and we have plenty of printed money to pay for it.

OklahomaTuba
3/22/2010, 10:24 AM
Hope is that when the GOP takes control of both houses in Nov (and it will) we can repeal this POS.

Already have a bunch of states lining up to sue, and we have 1/2 the nation's state legislatures ready to call for a Constitutional Convention.

This is only beginning.

TheHumanAlphabet
3/22/2010, 10:34 AM
I have a $4000 tax hit!

Thanks Obammy!

yermom
3/22/2010, 11:19 AM

i thought the tax started post haste :O

TheHumanAlphabet
3/22/2010, 11:21 AM
i thought the tax started post haste :O

Nope to lull us into a sense of euphoria and neglect, the taxes phase in over the next couple of years.

yermom
3/22/2010, 11:28 AM
but before a lot of the coverage changes, was my understanding

OklahomaTuba
3/22/2010, 11:29 AM
But don't worry, our insurance premiums & prices will skyrocket at the insurance companies & drug companies post hast.

Oh, and that doesn't include what tax revenue the state's have to make up to fund this POS that Obama isn't paying for.

I predict mass layoffs at the state level.

Mjcpr
3/22/2010, 11:31 AM
But don't worry, our insurance premiums & prices will skyrocket at the insurance companies & drug companies post hast.

Oh, and that doesn't include what tax revenue the state's have to make up to fund this POS that Obama isn't paying for.

I predict mass layoffs at the state level.

So I take it you support this smaller government initiative?

OklahomaTuba
3/22/2010, 11:44 AM
So I take it you support this smaller government initiative?If only it was a smaller government initiative!! Maybe then it would be sustainable and not bankrupt us.

Just means Oklahoma has less of a say in what it wants to do, as OK's resources will now be tied up in enacting and funding ZeroCare.

Centralized planning baby!!! Why even have State's anymore???

But no worries, the federal government has done such a great job with Medicare, Medicaid, Social Security, Agriculture, the Mortgage industry, the auto industry and our public schools, why not hand them the health insurance & student loan industry?????

I can't wait till they come after my industry next.

MR2-Sooner86
3/22/2010, 12:53 PM

You've never seen the fat asses at grocery stores who abuse food stamps huh?

Most of the people on welfare don't need help. They just won't help themselves and will live like that.

swardboy
3/22/2010, 01:17 PM
We will pay 10 years of taxes for 6 years of service......

soonerbrat
3/22/2010, 04:21 PM
$300/month for me

that's a lot for a single girl...I have to have family though so my kids can stay on it.

and I wonder...is that including the income that your company pays for their part of their health insurance? because that will be listed on your W-2 now. if so, it will be even more for me.

Dio
3/22/2010, 04:29 PM
I figure eventually our tax forms will look like this:

1)Do you have a job? If Yes, you are evil and rich so proceed to line 2. If No, go back to watching Montel.

2)What is your adjusted gross income

3)Multiply (2) by 1

4)Carry down line (3)- this is the AMOUNT DUE

soonerboomer93
3/22/2010, 04:32 PM
Your Tax Rate: 25%
Total Yearly Tax Increase: $1176.00
Tax Increase per Paycheck: $49.00 (98.00 a month)

So this is on top of the $200+ a month my company pays to insure me (at no out of pocket cost to me). The last 3+ times I went to the doctor, I paid cash (this was before I had insurance).

If this money was going to assist in lowering insurance costs and they could concretely prove so, then I wouldn't be as bothered, however it's just adding additional fee's when to something I am already receiving.

GrapevineSooner
3/22/2010, 04:57 PM
Re: health care. Please try to understand that most people who can't afford health insurance, or have it and still can't afford to get sick are hard-working, non-slackers who simply cannot make it with this ridiculous we're-the-only-civilized-nation-who-allows-gross-profiteering-in-health-care system.

Like I pointed out last week, health insurance companies' profit margins are anywhere from 3 to 4 percent.

What margin would you consider not gross?

soonerboomer93
3/22/2010, 05:35 PM

I pay nothing my current health care, so how do I not see a change in my monthly income?

soonerloyal
3/23/2010, 09:06 AM
You realize you have to have robust private sector that creates middle class jobs in order to have a middle class, and not more government, right? Please tell me you do understand this basic concept.

Taxing the hell out of firms will only drive our competitiveness down and our jobs overseas.

And how exactly has that worked out the past thirty years? To whose advantage? To what have you been paying attention since Reagan and his debilitating economics? America's middle class is no longer strong and prosperous, and our country is much weaker for their faltering. All those tax cuts, shelters, deregulation and breakdown of true competition - not to mention NAFTA and such (yup, thanks Billy). That extreme "protection" of Corporations has fostered - not prevented - jobs going overseas, has allowed corporations to take advantage of both poorly paid and mistreated foreign workers, to take jobs from Americans, allows the companies to pollute, to skirt our laws and regulations, let them get away with not paying billions in taxes, and saves them from having to put that money back into our own economy. So much for that whole "creating jobs" and strengthening America crap. The only thing they are creating and strengthening is themselves.

That government interference of which you seem so frightened is supposed to help keep balance and fairness. Of course too much of either is going to hurt. It's balance that makes us stronger, stimulates economic growth and keeps the middle class's heads above water. Look back over history - when the middle class prospers, so does the society.

Please tell me you do understand this basic concept.

OU Adonis
3/23/2010, 09:53 AM
This is BS. Why should I pay for someone elses health care?

Since when is Universal Health care a god given right? I mentioned this before, but why do we worry about health care when we don't provide universal food care or housing care?

yermom
3/23/2010, 10:09 AM
you mean like Section 8 and food stamps?

OU Adonis
3/23/2010, 10:27 AM
you mean like Section 8 and food stamps?

Oh, so you mean I can get food stamps/section 8 as a single white guy with no disability? Sweet! Where can I sign up?

yermom
3/23/2010, 10:34 AM
i know you can for food stamps. i have no idea how section 8 works.

it's not that hard to knock up some skank though :D

Veritas
3/23/2010, 11:27 AM
And how exactly has that worked out the past thirty years? To whose advantage? To what have you been paying attention since Reagan and his debilitating economics? America's middle class is no longer strong and prosperous, and our country is much weaker for their faltering. All those tax cuts, shelters, deregulation and breakdown of true competition - not to mention NAFTA and such (yup, thanks Billy). That extreme "protection" of Corporations has fostered - not prevented - jobs going overseas, has allowed corporations to take advantage of both poorly paid and mistreated foreign workers, to take jobs from Americans, allows the companies to pollute, to skirt our laws and regulations, let them get away with not paying billions in taxes, and saves them from having to put that money back into our own economy. So much for that whole "creating jobs" and strengthening America crap. The only thing they are creating and strengthening is themselves.

That government interference of which you seem so frightened is supposed to help keep balance and fairness. Of course too much of either is going to hurt. It's balance that makes us stronger, stimulates economic growth and keeps the middle class's heads above water. Look back over history - when the middle class prospers, so does the society.

Please tell me you do understand this basic concept.
Let's pretend all of that stuff is true. The fact remains you as a citizen are still able to ante up the sack and commitment to get yours. Talk to people that have started their own businesses in the last decade: the American Dream is still attainable.

That thing is that you have to quit waiting around for somebody else to get you want you want. You have to stop whining and get it yourself.

soonerloyal
7/15/2010, 10:33 AM
Hope is that when the GOP takes control of both houses in Nov (and it will) we can repeal this POS.

Already have a bunch of states lining up to sue, and we have 1/2 the nation's state legislatures ready to call for a Constitutional Convention.

This is only beginning.

As long as you're looking into the future, can you post tomorrow's winning lottery numbers?
:cool:

OUthunder
7/15/2010, 10:43 AM
$350 increase per month, nice. Main employer already went to a High Deductible HSA starting July 1. Our rates went from $284 month for the five of us to $850/month. We put in the max having three small kids. Now, we just hope and pray that none of us get really ill or need a procedure like an MRI because it now comes directly out of our pocket.

Thanks Barack!

NormanPride
7/15/2010, 11:17 AM
Damn, man... A person making 200k a year pays a whole $300 than me a year and I make a quarter of that person. That is ****ing messed up.

SoonerBorn68
7/16/2010, 01:19 AM

Wow. I just got a letter in the mail stating my current health insurance is going up $300 per month. So much for your theory.

85Sooner
7/16/2010, 09:02 AM

Good luck with that.

XingTheRubicon
7/16/2010, 09:36 AM
$4438

369/mo

I was driving on NW 23rd st here in OKC the other day. I saw hundreds of people walking around with a stupid ****ing look on their face, doing nothing, on a Wednesday @2PM. All I could think about, when I looked at these worthless ****ing people was...this is the health care crisis in this country. Millions and millions of worthless pieces of **** (white, black, every color) that I have to pay for. Depressing.