PDA

View Full Version : Who has more yards....

gaylordfan1
3/21/2010, 05:54 AM
Ok, who will have more yards this year, Murray or Broyles? Maybe Murray because he may get more carries than before with Brown gone. My money is on Broyles. But, what if his past production makes other D's key on him, and what if our other WR's have a more productive season? Very interesting!!! Seriously, I was bored logging onto here without any posts within the last 24 hours.....
:pop:

Widescreen
3/21/2010, 07:10 AM
Broyles was already keyed on last season. Who else would they have keyed on? Didn't seem to bother him then.

HillbillyRay
3/21/2010, 09:02 AM
i would put my money on broyles

Sooner-N-KS
3/21/2010, 10:59 AM
I'll go Murray. But Broyles will definitely be on the field more than Murray.

TahoeSOONER
3/21/2010, 11:05 AM
I'm hoping for Murray because that means the running game is back, which will open up the offense.

If that holds true, look out #8!

rawlingsHOH
3/21/2010, 11:49 AM
Broyles will have more receiving yards than Murray has rushing yards. I'd guess something like 1200-to-1000.

But Murray will have more yards from scrimmage. Like 1500-to-1300.

rawlingsHOH
3/21/2010, 11:50 AM
Ok, who will have more yards this year, Murray or Broyles? Maybe Murray because he may get more carries than before with Brown gone. My money is on Broyles. But, what if his past production makes other D's key on him, and what if our other WR's have a more productive season? Very interesting!!! Seriously, I was bored logging onto here without any posts within the last 24 hours.....
:pop:

For the most part, Murray was the reason Murray didn't get more carries, not Brown.

I'd look for a similar workload, especially early on. Maybe if he proves he can handle that, he'll get more carries.

Sooner-N-KS
3/21/2010, 12:48 PM
For the most part, Murray was the reason Murray didn't get more carries, not Brown.

I'd look for a similar workload, especially early on. Maybe if he proves he can handle that, he'll get more carries.

No, the reasons are Kevin Wilson and Gundy.

ndpruitt03
3/21/2010, 03:28 PM
It's better for the team if it's Murray.

Scott D
3/21/2010, 05:56 PM
It's better for the team if it's Murray.

pretty sure that Broyles unlike Murray will still be involved in the return game.

MojoRisen
3/21/2010, 07:56 PM
That is a good point, this is likely to be pretty close. I would think 1100 recieving for Broyles and another 600-800 in punt and Kick returns.

1200 rushing for Murry and 500 recieving - would be pretty awesome years!

Something tells me Murray gets going when he has some touches and those little swing passes count as recieving yards will add up this year. He was starting to dominate in 08 up until getting injured against Mizzou.

ndpruitt03
3/21/2010, 08:00 PM
I think there's a chance Murray returns kicks this year too.

goingoneight
3/22/2010, 11:56 AM
Murray and Broyles belong on KO returns, but Stoops probably won't do it because of all the bitching after Murray's two fluke injuries on special teams. Two injuries that could be a lot worse on normal between-the-tackles running.

Jello Biafra
3/22/2010, 11:56 AM
i say calhoun.

rawlingsHOH
3/22/2010, 12:07 PM
No, the reasons are Kevin Wilson and Gundy.
They weren't out there on the field tapping their helmet after consecutive carries.

If Murray had proved he could've handled a bigger workload, they would have given him one. Moot point.

Jello Biafra
3/22/2010, 12:15 PM
They weren't out there on the field tapping their helmet after consecutive carries.

If Murray had proved he could've handled a bigger workload, they would have given him one. Moot point.

i think that he is speaking about situational playcalling and im not sure i disagree with him to a point.

OK2U
3/22/2010, 01:23 PM
Murray and Broyles belong on KO returns, but Stoops probably won't do it because of all the bitching after Murray's two fluke injuries on special teams. Two injuries that could be a lot worse on normal between-the-tackles running.
Stoops said in one of his spring practice pressers that Murray has been bugging him about handling KO returns again. Stoops said they were "looking into it."
I think DM was a little scared after those two injuries but wants to showcase his skills for the scouts now that he's in his last year.