PDA

View Full Version : Homework assignment for Sooner04....

NMSooner'80
3/20/2010, 11:20 PM
Your poison pen is probably sharper than mine, given that I am older than both of your parents.

See if you can come up with a catchy tune, in honor of the evil Kansas JayHorns and their comeuppance today, that goes along with the spirit of the "Real Men Of Genius" humorous jingles.

Kindness is not an option!

OKLA21FAN
3/20/2010, 11:55 PM
side bar:

I had a KU buddy whining about how Bill Self is 'so clean' and a winner, and that KU never cheats like those cheating gooners (it was so aggie like) I asked him about the '06 'probation' and he couldn't remember the details but wanted to bring up the $3k payments to Tiny. Even went so far as to say that KU had not had a major violation since '88 (not true).

It was some revisionist history thats for sure. :pop:

tommieharris91
3/21/2010, 01:04 AM
side bar:

I had a KU buddy whining about how Bill Self is 'so clean' and a winner, and that KU never cheats like those cheating gooners (it was so aggie like) I asked him about the '06 'probation' and he couldn't remember the details but wanted to bring up the $3k payments to Tiny. Even went so far as to say that KU had not had a major violation since '88 (not true).

It was some revisionist history thats for sure. :pop:

Well, Bill Self is an aggie...

the_ouskull
3/21/2010, 04:06 PM
Something like:

Reaaaal Men of Geeee-nius...
Mr. McDonald's-All-Americans-don't-mean-sh*t-'cause-fast-food-slows-you-down-anyway...

No, that's rubbish. Hmmm...

Okay...

-----

[drum fill pickup leading into groove]

- We salute you Bill Self...

"Reeeal Co-aching Geenious..."
"Mr. Lets Opponents Play Their Own Tempo"

- While some coaches teach their players how to adapt to different styles of play, Bill Self says, "Ah, they're smart kids, they'll figure it out."

[sung 80's-style] "Collins can't buy a jump shot!"

- And figure it out they did. They figured out that you can't win games if you're not prepared unless you're way better than your opponent. And if you're a running team, playing against a defensive-minded zone, you should probably play the game at a faster pace while still taking possessions more seriously...

[sung again] "My BRACKET'S super f*cked now!"

- So we salute your coaching genius, "Coach" Self... Because of you, for millions of Americans, baseball season came a little earlier.

"Mr. Lets Opponents Play Their Own Tempooooooooooooooooooo"

-----

Ah, that one sucks too. Crap.

the_ouskull

kc sooner
3/22/2010, 08:25 AM
This is priceless today!! Listening to the talk shows today up here in KC - all the KU fans whining like babies, talking about refs and stuff - I love it!!!

NMSooner'80
3/22/2010, 10:53 AM
I'll also admit that my joy at their misery tripled when I thought about how that ruined the weekend for Carl Henry and his clones. Hasn't Carl tried to sabotage OU recruiting when it comes to OKC-area kids? I think I'd heard that before.

From what I've heard, Carl also had a grudge against both OU and OSU coming out of high school because they signed other players out of the Class of '79. So I'll hold a grudge against him and wish him well as he hopefully leaves my original home state and heads to up to that area of Longhorn-clones who wear blue.