RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
3/20/2010, 05:27 PM
for Oklahoma = Proof of Global Warming. We get it algore! haha

SoonerInKCMO
3/20/2010, 05:40 PM
http://www.skepticalscience.com/global-warming-cold-weather.htm

sooner59
3/20/2010, 07:54 PM
Cold weather and winter storms don't disprove global warming. It actually supports it. More variable and extreme weather than usual is a side-effect that is expected. But I don't feel like stringing this argument out for several pages, so yeah global warming is fake. Al Gore is behind it.....along with most of the scientific community. They are out to scare us and take our money and push an agenda. Inhofe is one of the greatest minds of our times. Down with Obama. Palin for President in '12. Rush Limbaugh and Glenn Beck are my heroes. Man I love Fox News!

Boarder
3/20/2010, 08:23 PM
http://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/sotc/?report=global&year=2010&month=1&submitted=Get+Report

January 2010 was the fourth warmest on record and was higher than the 20th century average.

Jacie
3/20/2010, 09:29 PM
Facts have a tendency to cause mass ignorance on this board. Please be careful how you post them . . .

1890MilesToNorman
3/20/2010, 10:00 PM
Bring it on, I loved this winter! I want more.

PDXsooner
3/21/2010, 12:14 AM
no one disputes that the average global temperature is warmer. not even the most extreme global-warming-denier. the part that's become politicized is how much of the contributions are man-made.

what does saying "hey it's snowing, so much for global warming" prove? again, we know the temperature on earth is warmer.

Curly Bill
3/21/2010, 12:44 AM
Two inches of snow in my yard.

You global warmers can suck it! :D

Oh yeah, and it's cold as hell too, so again you warmers can suck it!

3/21/2010, 12:48 AM
no one disputes that the average global temperature is warmer. not even the most extreme global-warming-denier. the part that's become politicized is how much of the contributions are man-made.

what does saying "hey it's snowing, so much for global warming" prove? again, we know the temperature on earth is warmer. STOP IT!!! Avg temperatures haven't risen since '95. Whatever, Warmers.

Curly Bill
3/21/2010, 12:51 AM
Pretty much whenever someone starts out a statement with: "No one," or "everyone" or any of those all-inclusive statements, you pretty much know they're full of crap.

3/21/2010, 01:21 AM
Pretty much whenever someone starts out a statement with: "No one," or "everyone" or any of those all-inclusive statements, you pretty much know they're full of crap.The Global Warming hoax has been exposed. The Warmers continue to carry on as if it hasn't. I'm not one who is surprised by that, but it sure seems silly, to put it kindly.

GKeeper316
3/21/2010, 01:59 AM
The Global Warming hoax has been exposed. The Warmers continue to carry on as if it hasn't. I'm not one who is surprised by that, but it sure seems silly, to put it kindly.

not necessarily a hoax... the earth periodically goes through massive climate change. whether or not its mans doing is the question...

we're what... 30,000 years from our last ice age, and due for another.

it aint gonna happen overnight, in our lifetime, or even our grandchildren's granchildren's lives, but it will happen again.

SoonerInKCMO
3/21/2010, 11:23 AM
STOP IT!!! Avg temperatures haven't risen since '95. Whatever, Warmers.

I think you mean '98... at least that's the year that most deniers seem to use. You should go up to the link I posted in my first reply and check out the "It's Cooling" and "It Hasn't Warmed Since 1998" arguments - here's a brief summary:

Empirical measurements of the Earth's heat content show the planet is still accumulating heat and global warming is still happening. Surface temperatures can show short term cooling when heat is exchanged between the atmosphere and the ocean, which has a much greater heat capacity than the air.

yankee
3/21/2010, 11:28 AM
we're what... 30,000 years from our last ice age, and due for another.

we're technically still in an ice age...

OU Adonis
3/21/2010, 01:29 PM
Cold weather and winter storms don't disprove global warming. It actually supports it. More variable and extreme weather than usual is a side-effect that is expected. But I don't feel like stringing this argument out for several pages, so yeah global warming is fake. Al Gore is behind it.....along with most of the scientific community. They are out to scare us and take our money and push an agenda. Inhofe is one of the greatest minds of our times. Down with Obama. Palin for President in '12. Rush Limbaugh and Glenn Beck are my heroes. Man I love Fox News!

Cold winters = Global Warming
Hot Summers = Global Warming

Got it.

Fraggle145
3/21/2010, 04:12 PM
Cold winters = Global Warming
Hot Summers = Global Warming

Got it.

Weather isn't climate.

And although it may have seemed colder due to snow or whatever, as has already been mentioned in this thread, it was actually warmer.

C&CDean
3/21/2010, 04:23 PM
December was the coldest month ever recorded in Oklahoma. More snow too. This has been a brutal winter in the far SE corner of Cleveland County. Please, for the love of Darwin smoking a bong and ruining the ozone, bring me some global warming.

sooner59
3/21/2010, 06:01 PM
Do some people really think that "global warming" means summers with be hotter, winters will be milder with less snow, and we will all burn up in 10 years? I guess so, which is why if it gets cold people instinctively call it fake. Most of any warming we are seeing is likely due to natural cycles over long periods of time. However, humans certainly aren't helping any. The effects of humans on the environment has to be looked at over decades, not months. We probably will not know the exact human contribution to warming for another 50 years or so.

And no cold winters and hot summers do not prove global warming, however cold winters do not disprove it, either. It is not unexpected. Some of the things that can occur if the warming climbs above the normal cycle levels are hotter summers, colder winters, stronger storms (tornadoes/hurricanes/blizzard etc.), wet areas become much wetter, dry areas become much drier, and so on....

I have nothing to gain by saying any of this. I'm just not surprised by any of it given the scientific evidence that I have read. I just think some of these arguments are naive. Some people think that their own common sense is more knowledgeable about science than actual research done by scientists. If a doctor told you that you have cancer, then a few months later you actually felt pretty good for a few weeks, you wouldn't just say: "I feel fine. There is no way I have cancer. That doctor doesn't know what he is talking about. I'm done with treatments. I'll trust my own instincts from now on." Why? Because then you learn the hard way.

Regardless of global warming, it is still a good idea to enact some of the regulations that it has led to. Cleaner air = good. More renewable energy sources for the future = good.

PDXsooner
3/21/2010, 06:16 PM
oklahoma is and will continue to be a non factor in the big picture...fortunately the neo-con attitude has minimum effect on most earthlings...

Leroy Lizard
3/21/2010, 06:59 PM
Neo-con this, neo-con that. My mail was late yesterday. Damn neo-cons. My dog died last week. Stupid neo-cons.

jkjsooner
3/21/2010, 08:44 PM
It was mid 70s in DC today. Neither that nor the amount of snow in Oklahoma are relevant to the global warming theory.

Next time it gets really hot in Oklahoma I expect you to start a bunch of threads claiming that it supports the theory of global warming.... Deal?

Curly Bill
3/21/2010, 10:39 PM
It was mid 70s in DC today. Neither that nor the amount of snow in Oklahoma are relevant to the global warming theory.

Next time it gets really hot in Oklahoma I expect you to start a bunch of threads claiming that it supports the theory of global warming.... Deal?

P*ss off.

Ike
3/21/2010, 11:06 PM
holy crap I've got snow on my lawn in March! March people! This absolutley disproves once and for all that the atmosphere over the entire planet, has, on average, gone up about half a degree in the last 50 years or so.