PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone Know ? Does anyone care ?

olevetonahill
3/20/2010, 07:39 AM
March 19th marked the 7th anniversary of OUR young men and women Invading Iraq.
My Son was in that , He came Home thank God .
I hope and Pray that your Loved ones survived !

olevetonahill
3/20/2010, 08:30 AM
Looks like NO one gives a shiat !:eek:

delhalew
3/20/2010, 08:57 AM
7th anniversary! Damn it's hard to believe it's been that long. God bless our fighting men and women.

delhalew
3/20/2010, 09:03 AM
Here is a tribute to anyone who didn't make it back. Songs about a Marine, but it works for a Soldier or anyone else.
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/aJb1_EGnapY&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/aJb1_EGnapY&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

olevetonahill
3/20/2010, 09:22 AM
My Son was ARMY my best friends son was Marine , They made it HOME , Bodies in one piece , If you've ever been in Combat you know the Mind dint make it home in one piece !:eek:

olevetonahill
3/20/2010, 09:25 AM
Almost 15 since Klinton sent My son to Bosnia. The same Son that went into Iraq in the Invasion . I thank God for him coming HOME !:cool:

MR2-Sooner86
3/20/2010, 09:42 AM
Thankfully all six of my friends who've gone over there at some point have made it back. Unfortunately I have one going back again soon.

BudSooner
3/20/2010, 09:53 AM
Bosnia was a ****hole we should never have been in in the first place, same for Mogadishu.
Two places that still ****ing infuriate me as to how is was handled, whenever some ******* mentions how great Clinton was....I just mention those two cluster****s. Oh yeah, he got a BJ, he was a great one I guess.

olevetonahill
3/20/2010, 09:58 AM
Bosnia was a ****hole we should never have been in in the first place, same for Mogadishu.
Two places that still ****ing infuriate me as to how is was handled, whenever some ******* mentions how great Clinton was....I just mention those two cluster****s. Oh yeah, he got a BJ, he was a great one I guess.

Now please don't Dis Klinton to hard ok ?
He said None of our troops would be there till after Christmas 95 right ?

My son was there by Dec, 12th Guess slick willy cant tell time .:mad: :cool:

Fraggle145
3/20/2010, 10:01 AM
I'm just proud of all of our men and women. Glad my friends that went over are back home safe.

Vet I didnt know that, and I should've. Thanks for the reminder.

olevetonahill
3/20/2010, 10:21 AM
I'm just proud of all of our men and women. Glad my friends that went over are back home safe.

Vet I didnt know that, and I should've. Thanks for the reminder.

Bro i Wont shat ya . I was happy as hell when klinton said My Son wouldnt be in there till after Christmas. Then found out he lied like al gore ! .
Bro I watched MY son roll on the German express railway . I was screamin the whole time about what a Liar klinton was !
Sure he balanced the budget ! ya know how ? ?? he cut the Military to the Bare bones . then GW had to build it back up to whip that asshat,. Klinton just let run and ignored ! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
Love ya Bro But i gots some Bitter about that shat !:mad:

SoonerJack
3/20/2010, 10:35 AM
I noticed that in the paper this morning, Vet. And I do care.

Hats off and a heart thank you to all who don the uniform and who stand ready to defend this great nation.

btk108
3/20/2010, 11:43 AM
Looks like NO one gives a shiat !:eek:

hehehe...some of us have to sleep at night, Vet. Of course we care. Were we would be today without our heros?

btk108
3/20/2010, 11:49 AM
BTW..I grew up a Navy brat and had a brother in the Marines. I know these guys don't make a fortune and most are trying to raise a family. Since I didn't serve, I like to help out when I can.

Whenever I'm out at a restaurant, if I see someone in uniform, I ask their waiter/waitress for their check without their knowledge and take care of it. I never tell them it was me, just want them to know that people out there appreciate them. I especially like it when they're out with their family that way their spouse and kids know that people think their Hero is special to others, too.

Flagstaffsooner
3/20/2010, 12:03 PM
http://www.hampton.gov/press_release/images/salute.jpg

olevetonahill
3/20/2010, 12:06 PM
http://www.hampton.gov/press_release/images/salute.jpg

Dayum Skippy !

soonerloyal
3/22/2010, 12:43 AM
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." Praying for that, and the day they all come home, for good.
:(
God bless all who serve.

soonerloyal
8/30/2010, 09:53 PM
BTW..I grew up a Navy brat and had a brother in the Marines. I know these guys don't make a fortune and most are trying to raise a family. Since I didn't serve, I like to help out when I can.

Whenever I'm out at a restaurant, if I see someone in uniform, I ask their waiter/waitress for their check without their knowledge and take care of it. I never tell them it was me, just want them to know that people out there appreciate them. I especially like it when they're out with their family that way their spouse and kids know that people think their Hero is special to others, too.

I know this is an "old" thread, but as a Mama of Two of The Few whose sons have been blessed by this sort of love...THANK YOU. Not only have you earned this sort of blessing yourself, but to know you have "paid it forward" means more than you will EVER know. Please, if you ever find yourself at a SF Tailgate and an old broad offers to buy you a drink to thank you for your service and your karma earned, just humor me. :O . You too, OleVet. No arguments, suck it up and carry on.

(((((MAMA HUGS)))))

Damn serious case of eyeball sweat. Dammit.

SunnySooner
8/30/2010, 10:14 PM
How did I miss this thread? Anyway, I'm thankful to all of those who have served, glad all of your loved ones are safely home, and will finally get my Sailor/Soldier back in about 2 or 3 weeks. It has been a long year. Picking up the check is allsome, BTK, that means more than you'll ever know.

To anyone else, if you know a family of a deployed servicemember, and want to do more than just say, "Call if you need me!", then just know that the smallest thing you do for them will be greatly appreciated. My wonderful neighbors have helped me since Mr. SS has been gone, from mowing my lawn to helping me replace a truck battery, to fixing the broken concrete in my drive...I would leave the house for whatever, grocery shopping, etc., and when I came home, these things would just be done. It was a great help, because the car/microwave/dishwasher/dryer/etc. never break down until about a week after he's on deployment. So if you know a mom or dad with a deployed spouse, any little thing you can do to help them will mean so much.

That's all, thanks again to all who have served, I appreciate my freedoms greatly.