PDA

View Full Version : Green Zone

LosAngelesSooner
3/18/2010, 09:42 PM
Just wanted to say that I went and saw the latest Matt Damon flick and it is absolutely entertaining. I highly recommend the movie. It was thrilling, fast paced and filled with intrigue. Plus it had a satisfying ending. I think most of you military buffs and action junkies would enjoy the movie a ton.

Matt Damon knocks yet another film out of the park. He's solid.

LosAngelesSooner
3/18/2010, 10:13 PM
How pathetic is it that someone 1 starred THIS thread? :rolleyes:

It seems my power of destruction have put fear into my foes on ALL THINGS I DO!

Mwaa-haaa-haaa-haaa!!!!!!! :D

Collier11
3/18/2010, 11:47 PM
Im a big Matt Damon fan but ive heard from most people that have seen this movie that it is more partisan political BS, this is most evident by the fact that Damon is a box office smash and no one went to see this movie

ouwasp
3/19/2010, 12:38 AM
collier, do you know if The Hurt Locker is worth seeing? Don't care to see politically-warped crap...

Collier11
3/19/2010, 12:41 AM
I personally loved The Hurt Locker, there was no political agenda at all. Basically it profiles the stresses of that type of war, it follows one group of soldiers.

ouwasp
3/19/2010, 12:44 AM
thanks.......I've avoided all of the Iraq war movies (like most of the public, it seems) But since HL won BP and is back on the big screen, I may take it in.

Collier11
3/19/2010, 12:46 AM
It is very tense and I thought it was very well done. It reminded me alot of Jarhead but better IMO

LosAngelesSooner
3/19/2010, 01:13 AM
The only people who would feel that this is "partisan" are people who are INCREDIBLY partisan. It's all based on facts. And any impartial person can admit that we didn't handle the invasion of Iraq flawlessly. The story is riveting, the characters are well done, the action is FANTASTIC. The pacing is WONDERFUL. And more than that, they show all sides of the issues at hand. There are good and bad people on our side and on "their" side and on the "middle/gray area" side. It's a layered and nuanced plot.

This is a really good movie. Politics be damned.

Collier11
3/19/2010, 01:20 AM
the thing is that people are over it, no one cares to see movies like this and thats why it failed at the box office just like the last several political movies. Im not doubting that it might be a good movie, just that people care anymore

Collier11
3/19/2010, 02:21 AM
Heh, there is actually an article about this very subject on Yahoo

http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/movie-talk-matt-damon-green-zone.html

MclOUvin
3/19/2010, 02:41 AM
Horrible movie, typical hollywood lib lovefest

SicEmBaylor
3/19/2010, 04:17 AM
I've had to learn to enjoy movies just for the sake of the movie and not take the politics of the movie, whether overt or subtle, too seriously. I just have to accept the fact that Hollywood simply does not make movies that speak to my politics.

Actually, that's not true. Gods and Generals was a big big exception.

And on TV, Jerico was the most conservative TV show I've seen in recent memory. People talk about how "conservative" 24 is but it isn't. It's just neocon bull**** though it's highly entertaining bull**** that I love to watch.

Jerico, on the other hand, is pure old-style conservatism. It showed the importance of family, community support, the true importance of the 2nd amendment, a distrust of centralized government, hate for the IRS, and most importantly...a distrust of big corporations and contract security/military forces. I love the fact that one of the show's biggest heroes was a simple farmer. Strong agrarian themes, a "do it yourself" creed, strong community support, anti-government/anti-corporation...hell it was almost Jeffersonian. Brilliant show.

MrJimBeam
3/19/2010, 04:45 AM
Old Will Hunting sure has a hard on for the CIA.

I wonder if that movie where Matt Damon was a Siamese twin will make more than Green Zone?

Sooner in Tampa
3/19/2010, 08:14 AM
Did Damon drop an "enemy combatant" from 1000 yds?

If not...then the movie sucks

SoonerJack
3/19/2010, 08:19 AM
I rarely agree with LAS on anything political, but The Green Zone was a very enjoyable movie.

85Sooner
3/19/2010, 08:46 AM
Even With Matt Damon's Star Power,
'Green Zone' Isn't Netting Much Green

http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/movie-talk-matt-damon-green-zone.html

olevetonahill
3/19/2010, 05:21 PM

This is the 3rd er 4th time Ive read about ya cryin about a one star, Thot you were above all this pettiness ?

Hell wait till that one star bandit hits a thread ya start, Giving Props to the Military !:pop:

Soonerus
3/19/2010, 09:52 PM

Hey, somebody one-stars almost all of my threads, I don't give a rat's arse...I take it as a compliment...

Crucifax Autumn
3/19/2010, 09:57 PM
I haven't seen it yet, but the problem with ALL the Iraq movies isn't the politics, which have fallen all over the place, but rather the fact that they are making war movies about a war that is technically still going. Movies about Nam, Korea, and hell, even Grenada didn't come out until the actions were over.

There were some WWII movies that came out during the war, but they were primarily propaganda films urging people to join in on the war effort so they were an entirely different breed of film to begin with.

The thing hollywood needs to learn about this is that you have to let people get over war fatigue before you make a movie about it. Hell, even Hurt Locker was a box office failure for the most part.

ouwasp
3/19/2010, 11:48 PM
I just returned from seeing Hurt Locker. Enjoyed it. Would recommend it. Made me wonder about the roe our troops have to deal with. So glad this beat Avatar.

BudSooner
3/20/2010, 09:45 AM
HL>Hamburger Hill>Green Zone. Never thought I would see a war movie better than HH but there it is.

olevetonahill
3/20/2010, 10:13 AM
HL>Hamburger Hill>Green Zone. Never thought I would see a war movie better than HH but there it is.

Guess ya had top be there !