PDA

View Full Version : Tiny Rumors

...sooner
3/18/2010, 08:05 AM
http://www.tmz.com/2010/03/18/oklahoma-basketball-star-keith-gallon-ncaa-scandal/

Gallon -- a freshman center for the Sooners - scored a $3,000 wire transfer last August, according to a document
obtained by TMZ. The money was deposited in a bank account jointly held by Keith and his mom, Sylvia Wright.

As for who gave Keith the dough -- the document shows it's Jeffrey Hausinger, a Merrill Lynch financial advisor who reps several professional athletes.

It's a violation of NCAA rules for any player or player's relative to receive money that isn't readily available to other players -- for example, a student loan or scholarship. We're told the rule clearly prohibits any agent, lawyer or financial advisor from trying to lure a player with money.

Keith made headlines last week when he announced he would return to OU next year rather than turn pro.

OU Athletic Director Joe Castiglione says the school is committed to following NCAA rules, and "any activity not in compliance is taken seriously and is acted upon swiftly."

We could not reach Keith. His mom had no comment. We called Hausinger for comment about the $3,000 wire transfer -- he said, "I don't think I want to talk to you," and hung up.

--really?

OUSKINS
3/18/2010, 08:16 AM
Lovely. For those that know more about this than I do...let's say it's true, but OU had no knowledge of it. Could the program still face sanctions or are we just likely to forfeit our 13 wins from this year?

ouleaf
3/18/2010, 08:30 AM
Jeezus! You've got to be kidding me.

If true, the program would almost certainly face sanctions both self imposed and/or NCAA imposed. Probably be cited with a failure to monitor or something.

...sooner
3/18/2010, 08:37 AM
this crap is really frustrating. :mad: these kids are so concerned about nothing but money & the NBA/NFL or whatever. & after all that crap with bomar & quinn & sampson & now this.. just makes our athletic program look awful grrrrrrr

ndpruitt03
3/18/2010, 08:37 AM
He was suspended earlier this year for some off the court issue earlier this year, I wouldn't be shocked if this was it.

...sooner
3/18/2010, 08:42 AM
He was suspended earlier this year for some off the court issue earlier this year, I wouldn't be shocked if this was it.

I Thought it was because him & tommy were late for practice & attitude issues or somethin..

ndpruitt03
3/18/2010, 08:47 AM
I Thought it was because him & tommy were late for practice & attitude issues or somethin..

That was really early in the year. This was a separate undisclosed issue I'm referring to. At the time he was suspended indefinitely it only ended up being 2 games. They sited an NCAA issue. OU will have to issue a statement saying this and that he was cleared to play so there is no issue.

badger
3/18/2010, 08:54 AM
:rolleyes: I wonder which Texas school tipped TMZ off?

In any event, if it's true, the $3,000 will not make heads roll. Just Tiny's. Where exactly will Tiny go after OU kicks him off the team. Not the NBA, because he didn't have a good enough season. Not any other school, because not only did he suck here, but they don't want his money-taking arse associated with their program.

IF true, just one thing to say: You sold your entire basketball career for $3,000, Tiny. Just... go away.

...sooner
3/18/2010, 08:59 AM
That was really early in the year. This was a separate undisclosed issue I'm referring to. At the time he was suspended indefinitely it only ended up being 2 games. They sited an NCAA issue. OU will have to issue a statement saying this and that he was cleared to play so there is no issue.

ohh ya ok i know what youre talkin bout my bad!

...sooner
3/18/2010, 09:01 AM
:rolleyes: I wonder which Texas school tipped TMZ off?

In any event, if it's true, the $3,000 will not make heads roll. Just Tiny's. Where exactly will Tiny go after OU kicks him off the team. Not the NBA, because he didn't have a good enough season. Not any other school, because not only did he suck here, but they don't want his money-taking arse associated with their program.

IF true, just one thing to say: You sold your entire basketball career for $3,000, Tiny. Just... go away.

--well put. hes dumb

MojoRisen
3/18/2010, 09:17 AM
It was 3gs why didn't the guy mail it to them fedex.... This has got to be the stupidest thing I have ever seen. See Ya

Here we go ~

General Applewhite
3/18/2010, 09:23 AM
Guys......this is a positive. The $ amounts paid to Sooner players are decreasing with each new scandal. After the next 8 or 9 violations, we'll be talking about a guy getting a coupon for paper towels.

yermom
3/18/2010, 09:40 AM
can we please ditch this one and done BS now?

badger
3/18/2010, 10:08 AM
After the next 8 or 9 violations, we'll be talking about a guy getting a coupon for paper towels.

Some Texas school will still try to get us in trouble for that, all the way down to "You gave that recruit ice cubes and water!" :rolleyes:

EDIT: Also, I peeked around at the usual culprit boards for fanbases that I think turned us in - the only one with a sizable thread at this point is OP. HF has a few posts, but really, they have no room to talk considering all the money flowing in Austin to horn athletes :rolleyes:

OP is suggesting that "considering the last five years" that this could bring about a lack of institutional control thing. Zzz. Highly unlikely. If USC has taught us anything, it's that no institution lacks control in the NCAA's eyes.

NormanPride
3/18/2010, 10:19 AM
Guys......this is a positive. The $ amounts paid to Sooner players are decreasing with each new scandal. After the next 8 or 9 violations, we'll be talking about a guy getting a coupon for paper towels.

I think texas fans have the right to talk when they actually punish their drunk-driving, car-crashing, tv-stealing, pot-smoking players. Let us not forget the "parties" that your Dallas boosters threw for our very own Jamarkus McFarland. Glass houses, whorn.

Tiny's gone anyway, and it's not like we beat anyone good this past year. As long as the program doesn't get slapped for something it had no control over, then I couldn't care less about this.

TheHumanAlphabet
3/18/2010, 10:27 AM
Buh Bye Tiny. Have a good life.

What is it with kids and taking illicit money for small numbers? If you want to ruin your career and possibly your life, at least go for the big bucks!

I hope Merrill Lynch fires the guy. If I had a ML account, I would demand his firing or I would move my $$ out of the company.

badger
3/18/2010, 10:54 AM
taking illicit money for small numbers? If you want to ruin your career and possibly your life, at least go for the big bucks!

Makes you raise an eyebrow about this report's legitimacy, eh?

meoveryouxinfinity
3/18/2010, 11:06 AM
Makes you raise an eyebrow about this report's legitimacy, eh?

Knowing Tiny (kinda), this is exactly the kind of thing he would do.

NormanPride
3/18/2010, 11:06 AM
Well, there was that Pitt recruit that blew his chance at every playing major college football by posting the hundreds he was sent on Twitter... Kids are dumb.

PrideTrombone
3/18/2010, 11:08 AM
Didn't Tiny already do enough to screw up our program with his play ON the court?

yermom
3/18/2010, 11:09 AM
:(

badger
3/18/2010, 11:11 AM
Well, there was that Pitt recruit that blew his chance at every playing major college football by posting the hundreds he was sent on Twitter... Kids are dumb.

Ja, but that kid got more than $3k!

Although, my guess is that kid got his cash from a Pitt booster, who knew that as a football player, he'd be at his beloved (bottomless) Pitt for at least three seasons, whereas the alleged, reported Tiny booster knew he would be getting him for pro ball in a year... or at least he thought he knew, lol. Way to invest your money, Merrill Lynch.

Speaking of, I bet anyone out there that does invest with them have to be question their investment now. Merrill Lynch thought Tiny was an NBA prospect?!

NormanPride
3/18/2010, 11:13 AM
Was there ever a count on how much that kid got? It looked impressive, but I think a lot of that was ones and fives.

soonervegas
3/18/2010, 11:25 AM
I'm getting sick of this crap.

badger
3/18/2010, 11:28 AM
Knowing Tiny (kinda), this is exactly the kind of thing he would do.

So you're saying that instead of being listed as one of those "University Studies" majors during televised games, Tiny would instead be listed as a "High School Studies" major?

:( Why I am joking around? Of yeah, cuz our season's already over.

caesarscott
3/18/2010, 11:54 AM
if you're going to pay, you ought not to pay for a spare. buy somebody good

badger
3/18/2010, 12:27 PM
The reports on NewsOK (http://newsok.com/report-ou-basketball-player-tiny-gallon-accepted-3000/article/3447388?custom_click=lead_story_title), TulsaWorld.com (http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=92&articleid=20100318_92_0_NORMAN794412), CBSSports.com (http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/6271764/20514076?tag=headlines;other), KOCO.com (http://www.koco.com/sports/22877728/detail.html), and KTUL.com (http://www.ktul.com/news/stories/0310/717284.html) offer very little new info, except some interesting tidbits:

"Player of the Blake Griffin" (newsok)

OU avoided giving out info via an Open Records Request regarding Tiny's suspension on a technicality (tulsaworld)

Capel can't be reached on thursday mornings (cbssports)

TMZ is a "publication" (ktul)

TMZ is a "responsible news agency" that "doesn't take this lightly" (koco)

So weird.

badger
3/18/2010, 02:55 PM
by the way, this thread on Orange Power (http://www.orangepower.com/showthread.php?t=91366) is now 12 pages long, and if any OP posters are lurking, a few things:

1- Please don't post pictures of children crying, even if they are pictures of children wearing OU gear. It isn't fair to the kids and it's cruel.

2- Don't post the picture of the larger OU fan with facepaint. He's disabled and it speaks poorly on your fanbase that you would post a pic of a mentally disabled person in a mocking way, even if this person is an OU fan.

3- If any of you are the OU fan that (likely got banned for) prolonging that thread to 12 pages, my goodness. Please stay away from that site.

NormanPride
3/18/2010, 03:09 PM
Says the badger that lurks there constantly... ;)

badger
3/18/2010, 03:10 PM
Says the badger that lurks there constantly... ;)

:P not just there, but the baylorfans.com, texags.com, hornfans.com et al

OUmillenium
3/18/2010, 03:32 PM
Adios, Tiny. We don't need your off the court trash or your crappy play on the court.

...sooner
3/18/2010, 03:46 PM
who do you think picks him up if hes gone? on capels twitter today he said "picked interesting time to come back to twitter huh???" :( pooooor guy

MojoRisen
3/18/2010, 03:58 PM
Do we get in trouble for this? If so, the punishment needs to be harsh and pretty quick. Like we need any more scholly's pulled.

NormanPride
3/18/2010, 04:01 PM
They'll vacate wins, but I don't know how we're supposed to know anything about his family's personal finances. Now, if it's proven we knew about it... shoe whipping.

oumartin
3/18/2010, 05:52 PM
Capel needs to get a grip on things and quick if he wants to stay at OU. I think he will be a fantastic coach but I am starting to wonder if he will get a chance to prove it at OU

Rickety_Syd
3/18/2010, 06:18 PM
My question is, how did TMZ find out about this before ESPN, the AP, etc.? Why TMZ? They make their coin on rumors and scandel and by hanging outside restaraunts and harassing celebrities.
I've seen that show. I can see someone in that room raising their hand and saying, "I heard a rumor that Tiny Gallon took money from an agent." And Harvey Levin saying, "Who the Eff is Tiny Gallon? Did you just make that name up!"
TMZ is to news, what the Great Space Coaster is to NASA.

OUmillenium
3/18/2010, 10:39 PM
Oh here's an opportunity for Tiny...
Charli is also looking for a modern day, gangsta tatted stay puff marshmallow security man to guard his chocolate factory.

rawlingsHOH
3/20/2010, 02:46 PM
Ja, but that kid got more than $3k!

Although, my guess is that kid got his cash from a Pitt booster, who knew that as a football player, he'd be at his beloved (bottomless) Pitt for at least three seasons, whereas the alleged, reported Tiny booster knew he would be getting him for pro ball in a year... or at least he thought he knew, lol. Way to invest your money, Merrill Lynch.

Speaking of, I bet anyone out there that does invest with them have to be question their investment now. Merrill Lynch thought Tiny was an NBA prospect?!

lol... if Tiny was taking money, you think that is ALL he got?

badger
3/20/2010, 02:48 PM
lol... if Tiny was taking money, you think that is ALL he got?

TMZ apparently investigated this for a month before unveiling this. They really tried hard to find other transactions, but this was the only one they could find

rawlingsHOH
3/20/2010, 02:48 PM
They'll vacate wins, but I don't know how we're supposed to know anything about his family's personal finances. Now, if it's proven we knew about it... shoe whipping.

both of em? lol!

rawlingsHOH
3/20/2010, 02:49 PM
TMZ apparently investigated this for a month before unveiling this. They really tried hard to find other transactions, but this was the only one they could find

tip/iceberg

soonerbub
3/21/2010, 04:12 AM
See ya tiny.
See ya tommy.
See ya willie.

See ya jeff? wouldn't bother me--this is as bad as phone-gate...actually those guys managed to win a few ballgames on talent alone--these not so much

OUstud
3/21/2010, 12:34 PM
by the way, this thread on Orange Power (http://www.orangepower.com/showthread.php?t=91366) is now 12 pages long, and if any OP posters are lurking, a few things:

1- Please don't post pictures of children crying, even if they are pictures of children wearing OU gear. It isn't fair to the kids and it's cruel.

2- Don't post the picture of the larger OU fan with facepaint. He's disabled and it speaks poorly on your fanbase that you would post a pic of a mentally disabled person in a mocking way, even if this person is an OU fan.

3- If any of you are the OU fan that (likely got banned for) prolonging that thread to 12 pages, my goodness. Please stay away from that site.

Ok, I'll admit it, OrangeForever's sig is classic.

Ruf/Nek7
3/22/2010, 10:42 AM
Its amazing how quickly the NCAA will react to a situation when its not USC...BS!

Eielson
3/22/2010, 03:59 PM
Ok, I'll admit it, OrangeForever's sig is classic.

Not really.

badger
3/23/2010, 02:00 PM
According to this (http://www.tmz.com/2010/03/18/oklahoma-basketball-star-keith-gallon-ncaa-scandal/), Tiny's lawyered up. I wonder what for. Suing OU to honor his scholly? Suing TMZ for libel? Suing the Merrill Lynch guy for only paying him $3,000?

Oy.