PDA

View Full Version : This is getting ridiculous...

IronHorseSooner
3/18/2010, 04:42 AM
:confused: Has there ever been so much attention given to a 2nd or 3rd round pick, ever? I mean, ESPN NFL Live just did an entire segment on Tebow changing his delivery and how it will impact. If this was Sam, or even Colt, I would understand it, but Tebow IS NOT an NFL QB. Most FLA fans will even tell you that.

GKeeper316
3/18/2010, 04:45 AM
if i have to watch tebus every sunday i might just quit watching the nfl altogether...

SoonerLB
3/18/2010, 09:18 AM
All of this continuous build up of him is going to make his failure an event of epic proportions, and along with many others, I cannot wait till that day happens! Of course, when it does happen, ESPN will undoubtedly hire him, since they already think this country cannot survive without a daily dose of Timmuh.

Leroy Lizard
3/18/2010, 09:22 AM
It wouldn't bother me to see him succeed. He has done no one any wrong.

icmwhOU72
3/18/2010, 09:33 AM

It is not that he has done anyone any wrong, its the constant media lovefest for a guy that is not that good as a nfl qb. I mean they are making a big deal out of this throwing motion like he is revolutionizing the position. Usually all of the talk leading up to the draft surrounds the top five prospects because there is so much of a risk/reward factor, but with tebow in the 2-4 round there is no risk. He has become bigger than football and the media is just letting it go too far.

yermom
3/18/2010, 09:58 AM
it will be funny to watch him not get drafted like it was with Brady Quinn where they hid him from the cameras for a while :D

KantoSooner
3/18/2010, 10:14 AM

No, at least not that we know of. The reason that Timmy excites such antipathy is that he, and his family, exude an aura of 'holier than thou' that could be cut with a knife. That's tedious, but many seriously religious folks exhibit this trait and you simply learn to ignore it to the extent that you have to deal with them.
That Timmy is constantly in the face of football fans makes the avoidance technique difficult, thus raising the annoyance factor.
Then Timmy compounds the annoyance by chasing media attention to an extent last personified by Paris Hilton. Why is this annoying? Because it is at such odds with the ostentatious 'humble-ness' of his official persona. Give me Mark Gastineau or The Boz rather than a person who proclaims his meekness.....by yelling about it in my face 24/7.
Finally the cherry is placed atop the sundae by the fawning news media who are, seemingly, ironically unaware of the internal contradictions that characterize The Cult Of Tim and the role that they play in maintenance of the cult. And are further unwilling to see any flaws in their chosen one.

All this leads to many of us wanting to see the mightly take a pratfall of epic proportions.

Either than of I just don't like his little turd eating grin and hope to see it wiped off his face.

...sooner
3/18/2010, 10:56 AM
it will be funny to watch him not get drafted like it was with Brady Quinn where they hid him from the cameras for a while :D

bahaha this was hilarious! & watching it happen to tebow would be even better!

i just cant stand the guy. & literally had to mute my TV when i was watching the NC game OU/Flordia because they would NOT shut up about how "great" tebow was blah blah the media is in love with him & its annoying.

soonersalesman
3/18/2010, 11:39 AM
I don't see this guy really all that different from Jack Midren. Both were both gutsy type players who led by example. Mildren came out of Texas with a rep as thrower but evolved into the prototypical option quarterback of his day (although some of those throws to Harrison were a thing of beauty).

The guy is a dedicated gutsy athlete. I just think they'll find somewhere to play the guy. Didn't Mildren have like a five year NFL career?

badger
3/18/2010, 11:53 AM
I watched video of him throwing - it wasn't all perfect, but it was greatly improved.

But (SPOILER ALERT) since I'm a girl and all, rather than watching his footwork, pass precision and throwing motion, I was immediately drawn to what he was wearing during the workout instead.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/multimedia/dynamic/00269/tebowholmgren_269038c.jpg
Look at the logo on his arm - it's roman numeral 15. Wtf, which stupid company allowed Tebow to start his own clothing line?! :mad:

KantoSooner
3/18/2010, 11:59 AM
Somebody who wants to make money. I have an 19 year old daughter. From watching some of the guys she and her friends hang out with, the inescapable conclusion is that teen/young adult males are absolutely void of any common sense whatsoever.

Next we'll see Tebow headlining a Christian Rap group.....and they'll get a contract....and release an album....and then we'll have to listen to him across the broadcast spectrum.

The horror.........the horror....

badger
3/18/2010, 12:00 PM
Next we'll see Tebow headlining a Christian Rap group.....and they'll get a contract....and release an album....and then we'll have to listen to him across the broadcast spectrum.

Stop it! you're scaring the children!

boomermagic
3/18/2010, 01:11 PM
It's just down right unbelieveable..

MclOUvin
3/19/2010, 02:45 AM
I realize he was a great college QB but my gosh, why isnt ESPN giving more love to Bradford, GK, Suh, and Clausen, all guys who will be drafted in the 1st friggin round

gaylordfan1
3/19/2010, 04:13 AM
dang it, poster boys have all the luck :(

oumartin
3/19/2010, 10:38 AM
Tim Tebow was an excellent college football player. Tim Tebow might be an excellent human being. I dont' know him but he seems to come across a little fake but maybe thats just me.
The media love fest with him gets very old but at least they are propping up a guy that claims to love Jesus and his Christian values. Thats a whole lot better than propping up a guy that is a known adulterer, gambler, illegal weapons carrier or some athlete that is just a downright punk.

badger
3/19/2010, 10:45 AM
I realize he was a great college QB but my gosh, why isnt ESPN giving more love to Bradford, GK, Suh, and Clausen, all guys who will be drafted in the 1st friggin round

Just remember how much we saw Brady Quinn on Draft Day a few years ago, and you'll realize that we'll see a lot more of Tebow (if he indeed got invited to New York) than of GK, Suh, Bradford and Clausen (possibly).

Why? Because those guys will get drafted immediately and be off celebrating, while the cameras will focus on who's left in the room waiting to be taken. Will the commish have pity on Tebow (and possibly Clausen) and invite him back to a private area like he did with Quinn? Will the team that eventually drafts Tebow get heaps of praise or heaps of "WTF were you thinking?!"

In any event, be prepared to see a lot more Tebow.

Collier11
3/19/2010, 11:36 AM
Ya Badg but Quinn was atleast a 1st rd pick

badger
3/19/2010, 11:49 AM
Ya Badg but Quinn was atleast a 1st rd pick

He wouldn't have been if his hometown team didn't save him... and then repaid them by trying to hold out for top ten money, and then sucking to the point of finally getting trades.

Like Rush on Obama, after the way Brady treated his Cleveland Draft Day saviors, "I want to see him fail!"

budbarrybob
3/19/2010, 11:58 AM
Mark it down. Timmay will be given a clip board in the NFL play a little. Hailed for his guts and determinism. Injure his ___. Then wait for it, wait for it...... He'll be in the F'N broadcast booth until after we die

Now back to regularly scheduled programming... :eek:

Collier11
3/19/2010, 12:11 PM
guys typically dont make it on TV with a lisp

Leroy Lizard
3/19/2010, 12:27 PM
The media love fest with him gets very old but at least they are propping up a guy that claims to love Jesus and his Christian values. Thats a whole lot better than propping up a guy that is a known adulterer, gambler, illegal weapons carrier or some athlete that is just a downright punk.

This.

Shoot drugs and you will still be a hero. Preach Christian values and you will be "an annoyance."

Collier11
3/19/2010, 12:58 PM
maybe we have gotten so used to negative stories that a good person annoys us, lol

soonerloyal
3/19/2010, 12:59 PM
Tim Tebow was an excellent college football player. Tim Tebow might be an excellent human being. I dont' know him but he seems to come across a little fake but maybe thats just me.

True, but Sam Bradford is just as great a Christian. So that still doesn't explain why he isn't getting the same amount of credit or coverage as Tebow.

OT: I was watching the local 13 news out of Orlando the other day as they were leading into the regular TT Worship Service. As they showed footage of him throwing, one of the male anchors suddenly blurted out "TIMMAH!!!".
I LOL'd. Hard.

badger
3/19/2010, 01:18 PM
True, but Sam Bradford is just as great a Christian. So that still doesn't explain why he isn't getting the same amount of credit or coverage as Tebow.

Take off zee crimson blinders, buddy. We love Sammie dearly and all want him to be the greatest QB in NFL history after being the greatest QB in Sooner history, but Tim has an intriguing story with missionary parents who nearly lost him at birth and blah blah blah we've all heard it before.

As to why he's getting more draft coverage, I don't think there's any question that Sammie will be among the first picks in the draft, but Teebz is more a question mark, so that makes it an interesting topic of discussion. There's only so many times you can say "Sammie projected number one" but with Timmy Ha-ha, it's more of a "First round?" "First day?" Not drafted at all? Discussion.

And for the record, I'm sick of Tim Teehee. Wish the media coverage would vanish. However, I know why they're fawning over him.

Sooner04
3/19/2010, 02:26 PM
Why are we still worrying about Tim Tebow?

ashley
3/19/2010, 04:29 PM
Pro football is more the entertainment industry than sport. Live with it . They are looking for an audience and Tebow is still big business.

VA Sooner
3/19/2010, 07:16 PM
Timmy in a Christian rap group? Now that would be entertaining.

aj44mc
3/19/2010, 07:54 PM
IMO he is a better QB than VY and it seems VY has found a decent amount playing time. It will be great once Timmy joins the club of mediocrity and we can start saying "Remember when...".

Leroy Lizard
3/19/2010, 07:54 PM
True, but Sam Bradford is just as great a Christian.

Is there some sort of faith-o-meter we apply to people? For all we know, Tim feels commanded by God to spread His word at every turn. We may think he's overbearing; he may think he's doing what he has to do.

And it isn't like he's knocking on our door.

soonerloyal
3/19/2010, 08:38 PM
Is there some sort of faith-o-meter we apply to people? For all we know, Tim feels commanded by God to spread His word at every turn. We may think he's overbearing; he may think he's doing what he has to do.

And it isn't like he's knocking on our door.

Nope, no faith-o-meter at all. God is no respecter of persons. That's why no matter what Timmah and his parents do, in the eyes of God, Sam is just as a beloved child of God as they and the rest of us.

Baj, it's not crimson shades, hon. :O I understand the media draw. I simply don't agree with it. And it's especially nauseating down here near Orlando. Gag me.

Leroy Lizard
3/19/2010, 08:48 PM
Nope, no faith-o-meter at all. God is no respecter of persons. That's why no matter what Timmah and his parents do, in the eyes of God, Sam is just as a beloved child of God as they and the rest of us.

True, but that has nothing to do with your statement that Sam is just a great a Christian as Tim. Otherwise we can that Charles Manson was just as great a Christian as Tim.

As far as crimson blinders go, we had our own Tebow in Brian Bosworth at one time. People hated The Boz more than they hated Tebow, and the Sooner Nation defended him.

Tim chose not to go Texas, so it's all good in my view.

SanDiegoSoonerGal
3/19/2010, 09:23 PM
This.

Shoot drugs and you will still be a hero. Preach Christian values and you will be "an annoyance."

I'm really tired and stuff, so help me out here because I can't think of any college athlete in Tebow's peer group who has shot drugs and is still considered a hero.

Crucifax Autumn
3/19/2010, 09:38 PM
True, but that has nothing to do with your statement that Sam is just a great a Christian as Tim. Otherwise we can that Charles Manson was just as great a Christian as Tim.

As far as crimson blinders go, we had our own Tebow in Brian Bosworth at one time. People hated The Boz more than they hated Tebow, and the Sooner Nation defended him.

Tim chose not to go Texas, so it's all good in my view.

Boz was a totally different case though. The media loved to cover him but obviously hated him. They were just addicted to his outrageous stories and actions. What they really wanted was to see him fail so they could make a big deal out of it, thus the huge amount of Bo Jackson "Running him over" footage that aired over and over and over....

fadada1
3/19/2010, 09:52 PM
Of course, when it does happen, ESPN will undoubtedly hire him, since they already think this country cannot survive without a daily dose of Timmuh.

until he learns to NOT take a breath between each word, i think we're safe from his having a broadcasting career.

Sonner magic923
3/23/2010, 11:20 PM
guys typically dont make it on TV with a lisp

Lou Holtz...just sayin

Jello Biafra
3/24/2010, 09:26 AM

kind of like tiger woods? in fact, this has all the making of tiger's rookie season....

stoopified
3/25/2010, 05:28 AM
:confused: Has there ever been so much attention given to a 2nd or 3rd round pick, ever? I mean, ESPN NFL Live just did an entire segment on Tebow changing his delivery and how it will impact. If this was Sam, or even Colt, I would understand it, but Tebow IS NOT an NFL QB. Most FLA fans will even tell you that.I get your point BUT it is no worse than the VY buzz.IMHO Young was no better a pro QB prospect than TT and yet everyone proclaimed him a football god.

Leroy Lizard
3/25/2010, 11:58 AM
I'm really tired and stuff, so help me out here because I can't think of any college athlete in Tebow's peer group who has shot drugs and is still considered a hero.

I wasn't limiting my comment to athletes, just celebrities in general.

Crucifax Autumn
3/25/2010, 04:56 PM
people in general are tiresome to me.

Leroy Lizard
3/25/2010, 05:03 PM
Except me, of course.

soonerloyal
3/27/2010, 06:17 PM

The point is, TT might/might not be a great Christian in the eyes of humans, but it's not their/our judgement of him as a Christian that counts in God's eyes.

And he still doesn't impress me faith-wise any more, or less, than any other of my Brethren or Sisters in Christ.

Leroy Lizard
3/27/2010, 08:05 PM
The point is, TT might/might not be a great Christian in the eyes of humans, but it's not their/our judgement of him as a Christian that counts in God's eyes.

It cuts both ways. He might be the one of a tiny minority that is a true Christian in God's eyes.

agoo758
3/27/2010, 09:30 PM
It cuts both ways. He might be the one of a tiny minority that is a true Christian in God's eyes.

If you took any time to read the Bible before you made comments on a discussion board, you would realize that God frowns upon those you make a big show out of their faith.

Leroy Lizard
3/28/2010, 12:40 AM
Well, that rules out every Pope we have had this century.

Jesus commands those who believe in him to spread the word. Tim probably feels that he needs to "showboat" to counter the steady stream of sin that confronts him.

It all depends on how you look at it.

Collier11
3/28/2010, 12:50 AM
God doesnt mind if you make a big deal about your faith, you are supposed to spread the word, you are supposed to minister to others as much as possible.

There is also no way to judge the greatness of a Christian, thats for God to do. The media is acting like Tebow is the greatest Christian ever because Tebow does many great things for people, im sure Bradford does to but he just doesnt publicize it as much. If Tebow is doing what he is doing to get God in the public eye then thats fine, if he is doing it for attention then that is another issue but not for us to judge

misplacedsooner
3/28/2010, 01:18 AM
[QUOTE=Leroy Lizard;2853384] Otherwise we can that Charles Manson was just as great a Christian as Tim.

wouldnt it be great to see manson in his prime and tim in a texas death match then? :pop:
jk, its late and the thought popped into my mind with celebrity death match. would timmy be swayed by the manson girls into a drunken, drug induced orgy?? it would surly be his downfall.

Leroy Lizard
3/28/2010, 01:21 AM
would timmy be swayed by the manson girls into a drunken, drug induced orgy??

Not if they had shaved heads.

misplacedsooner
3/28/2010, 01:23 AM
im sure timmy could recognize the inner beauty...he can do anything dont ya know?

Leroy Lizard
3/28/2010, 01:51 AM
Watch that "inner beauty" talk. Your mind is in the gutter.