PDA

View Full Version : Kansas-texass rivalries with OU...

itsok
3/17/2010, 06:58 PM
Now that OU is out of the BB tournament, im actually rooting for Kansas...
I know they did beat us for the championship in 88, I was at OU then so it hurt...but I respect their BB tradition and never heard of many problems with their fans...

With texass, i want them to go 0-26 in BB or whatever and 0-12 in football every year...no matter what...I respect their school and tradition, but i hope they lose every game, just dont like them...

is it just me or are there people here who feel kind of that way?
just wondering!

GO SOONERS!

Herr Scholz
3/17/2010, 07:43 PM
Wouldn't you want UT to win every game in football every year except one? Wouldn't that make you look better? That's the way I feel about OU. A warrior is judged by the strength of his enemies or something like that.

JLEW1818
3/17/2010, 07:46 PM
DERR LETS ROOT FOR TEXAS TO BEAT BAMA DERRR YAH MAN BIG 12 POWRER BABY!!!!! YAH MAN GO HORNS YALL CAN DO IT, WE ARE BEHIND U!!!! YAHHHHH MAN BIG 12 POWER!!!!!!

**** NO

**** HORNS, **** THEM.

i went for USC over UT. if it happens again i will do it again. I hate horns, and mack's yellow teeth.

**** horns.

but u are a good poster :D

Herr Scholz
3/17/2010, 07:51 PM
Thanks, back atcha, jlew.

The national title game is a different animal. Of course I pulled against OU vs. Florida, USC, LSU and FSU. Let's not get crazy here. ;)

sooner ngintunr
3/17/2010, 07:52 PM
Wouldn't you want UT to win every game in football every year except one? Wouldn't that make you look better? That's the way I feel about OU. A warrior is judged by the strength of his enemies or something like that.

No. **** texas.

Unlike texas, OU is not judged on how weak or *strong* our main rival is that particular year.

OU doesn't need saxet for ****. You got it all wrong, the more games * loses, the better we look.

OU stands alone.

oh yeah, **** the whorns.

MeMyself&Me
3/17/2010, 07:53 PM
itsok,

I'm more of a football guy so I don't have memory of the the '88 champ game in bball but I know plenty of it and I feel a lot like you. If Kansas wins, great. If not, so be it. I find that I route for the old Big 8 schools for the most part (not the little OSwho anymore).

Herr Scholz,

Uhh NO! I'd rather the OTHER teams that OU plays every year make OU look better rather than *. I grew up in OK but I had to actually live in Tejas to learn to REALLY hate *.

Those of you that have lived primarily most of your live North of the great Red River just don't realize...

JLEW1818
3/17/2010, 07:54 PM
No. **** texas.

Unlike texas, OU is not judged on how weak or *strong* our main rival is that particular year.

OU doesn't need saxet for ****. You got it all wrong, the more games * loses, the better we look.

oh yeah, **** the whorns.

i like your language :D

sooner ngintunr
3/17/2010, 07:55 PM
Of course I pulled against OU vs. Florida, USC, LSU and FSU. Let's not get crazy here. ;)

So you like OU? I will never understand whorn logic. They fuggin argue with themselves.

Herr Scholz
3/17/2010, 07:58 PM
Well, I respect OU and want you guys to be strong. It's the best rivalry in college football and it's best when it's 1 vs. 2. That's just me.

sooner ngintunr
3/17/2010, 08:00 PM
Re the OP;

I'm a fan. I pick KU to win it all. Am I rooting for them? I guess. If they lose though, I really won't care.

I honestly have 3 Big12 teams in the Final Four. Maybe a little homerish, but I don't think that its irrational.

And why did you post this in the FB Forum?

JLEW1818
3/17/2010, 08:01 PM
I don't like horns. But i respect the logical ones. And they have a great program... OUr's is just better :D

itsok
3/17/2010, 11:31 PM
ngintunr;
I posted it here just for the fun of it...I went to OU 4 years, went to every football game between 85-88. I went to just two bb games, one against number one UNLV during a snow storm, the tickets for students was offered at $1.00 to get people to go, i was bored so I did...the other one was my uncle was in town and wanted to go, so I took him...So Im a football fan.
I just think that its interesting since KU and UT are to their states what OU is to ours.

itsok
3/17/2010, 11:34 PM
jlew1818;
agree...in the years that I have followed college football, OU was in the last game playing for an NC 7 times, lost 5 (84,87,03,04,08) won 2 (85,00). UT has only been there twice...so I agree, we have a better program...and if you count the 50s, 60s, and 70s all together, we did better overall.

itsok
3/17/2010, 11:37 PM
Herr,
If top five OU played unranked UT every year, i would take it in a minute!
I remember going to Dallas in 87, the hornfans would tell me, hey, leave us alone, we came up here to party and have a good time, you guys are gonna kill us tomorrow...that was beauty to my ears!!!

oudavid1
3/18/2010, 12:00 AM
DERR LETS ROOT FOR TEXAS TO BEAT BAMA DERRR YAH MAN BIG 12 POWRER BABY!!!!! YAH MAN GO HORNS YALL CAN DO IT, WE ARE BEHIND U!!!! YAHHHHH MAN BIG 12 POWER!!!!!!

**** NO

**** HORNS, **** THEM.

i went for USC over UT. if it happens again i will do it again. I hate horns, and mack's yellow teeth.

**** horns.

I want you at my wedding

Herr Scholz
3/18/2010, 12:34 AM
Herr,
If top five OU played unranked UT every year, i would take it in a minute!
I remember going to Dallas in 87, the hornfans would tell me, hey, leave us alone, we came up here to party and have a good time, you guys are gonna kill us tomorrow...that was beauty to my ears!!!

Not so much now though, right? :D

My first UT/OU game was '90. JD Lasher missed that FG at the end of the game. Hooked left at the end. That was into the OU crowd. They all cheered like it was good and then the Ref said no. Then my 18-year old *** was covered in Jack and Coke because everybody threw their cups in the air.

itsok
3/18/2010, 12:36 AM
herr,
i was just telling you my preference.
regards!

Herr Scholz
3/18/2010, 12:58 AM
What was your favorite OU/Texas game?

Salt City Sooner
3/18/2010, 01:08 AM
Now that OU is out of the BB tournament, im actually rooting for Kansas...
I know they did beat us for the championship in 88, I was at OU then so it hurt...but I respect their BB tradition and never heard of many problems with their fans...

With texass, i want them to go 0-26 in BB or whatever and 0-12 in football every year...no matter what...I respect their school and tradition, but i hope they lose every game, just dont like them...

is it just me or are there people here who feel kind of that way?
just wondering!

GO SOONERS!

Come live up here sometime. You'll change your tune in a heart-frickin-beat. I know we give 'horn fans a hard time about all the condescending arrogance flowing south of the Red, but KU hoop fans more than give them a run for their money.

yermom
3/18/2010, 01:31 AM
in basketball i hate Kansas more than Texas

c'mon, Mildcats

itsok
3/18/2010, 10:12 AM
herr,
the game in 2000 is my all time favorite so far

yermom
3/18/2010, 10:27 AM
i'm gonna have to go with 2001-2004 :D

i'd include 2000, but i wasn't there, so it's not the same...

you kinda got everything in those 4 games though, a blowout, a rally, a shutout and a low scoring defensive nailbiter