PDA

View Full Version : Anyone had THE CAJONES to send in

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
3/17/2010, 04:21 PM
The Census form, with only the question answered of how many people reside at your location? If so, have you heard back from them, yet? What'd they tell ya?

OKLA21FAN
3/17/2010, 04:25 PM
mailed mine (ours) out this afternoon. Every question answered.

I love Merca!

LosAngelesSooner
3/17/2010, 04:32 PM
Anyone had THE CAJONES to tighten the chin strap on your tin foil hat, crank up the gas powered generator on your shack that keeps you "off the grid," pull the blinds down on your double secret hidey hole and send inThe Census form, with only the question answered of how many people reside at your location so that the evil government cannot find you, track you down and plant a chip in your brain while you sleep that controls your thoughts? If so, have you heard back from them, yet? What'd they tell ya when they showed up at your doorstep in black suits, black sunglasses and held that shiny "wand thing" up?
Way to go, Tuba. You sure showed "them." :cool:

3/17/2010, 04:35 PM
mailed mine (ours) out this afternoon. Every question answered.

I love Merca!You will be stimulated, no doubt.

delhalew
3/17/2010, 04:36 PM
You have to give ages and other stuff.
BUT as far as the gov is concerned...my phone# 867-5309. For a good time, for a good time call:D
**** em!

JohnnyMack
3/17/2010, 04:36 PM
I was honestly disappointed in it. I can't find anywhere to list "Jedi" as my religion.

Fraggle145
3/17/2010, 04:40 PM
Stick it to the man!!! Ya that'll show em!

delhalew
3/17/2010, 04:42 PM
What ever makes life on this rock livable.

Veritas
3/17/2010, 04:44 PM
I just filled in the one question. Didn't take any particular cajones.

Scott D
3/17/2010, 04:46 PM
I gave my address as being Tin Foil Hat Alley in Pahoenix Arizona.

sooner ngintunr
3/17/2010, 05:00 PM
Under race I'm def checking other and writing in "Human"

Im gonna stick it to those race baiting *******s in the census dept.

SicEmBaylor
3/17/2010, 05:30 PM
Under race I put "WASP"

3/17/2010, 05:32 PM
I just filled in the one question. Didn't take any particular cajones.Didja send it in with just the one answered? Go on

3/17/2010, 05:34 PM
I gave my address as being Tin Foil Hat Alley in Pahoenix Arizona.I thought you moved to Monotone Way,

SicEmBaylor
3/17/2010, 05:37 PM
I only filled out what the government already knows through DMV records.

I refused to fill anything else out. At the bottom I stated that I had fulfilled my obligation as a citizen consistent with the terms of the US Constitution regarding census information. I sent it in.

We'll see what happens. I may get arrested. ;)

3/17/2010, 05:41 PM
I only filled out what the government already knows through DMV records.

I refused to fill anything else out. At the bottom I stated that I had fulfilled my obligation as a citizen consistent with the terms of the US Constitution regarding census information. I sent it in.

We'll see what happens. I may get arrested. ;)Will you have internet access at Andersonville?

3/17/2010, 05:42 PM
I thought you moved to Monotone Way,(would you prefer to go on ignore, again?)

SicEmBaylor
3/17/2010, 05:44 PM
Will you have internet access at Andersonville?

Andersonville? I think they'd send me to Point Lookout before Andersonville. Hell, they'd make me a Warden at Andersonville before they'd ever imprison me there.

sooner59
3/17/2010, 06:14 PM
Do schizophreniacs count themselves more than once? These are questions that I wonder about when I am bored.

Breadburner
3/17/2010, 06:21 PM
Under sex I wrote in "Yes".......

OhU1
3/17/2010, 06:27 PM
I've concluded that the census can safely update their stats with "middle aged white guy" without further inquiry if they get a form back with some kind of "protest" or frivolous answer written in on the form.

SicEmBaylor
3/17/2010, 06:29 PM
I've concluded that the census can safely update their stats with "middle aged white guy" without further inquiry if they get a form back with some kind of "protest" or frivolous answer written in on the form.

Hey, watch it with the middle aged ****. I'm old enough without having to worry about being halfway in the crypt. ;)

Okla-homey
3/17/2010, 06:54 PM
I noticed there was space for up to 12 people living at the address. For a moment, I thought about making up names and rolling with it.

I thought better of it as it would be too ACORN-y to make-up people for official gubmint records and such.

SanJoaquinSooner
3/17/2010, 06:59 PM
Reminds me when I received an application for a teacher job in the Plano school district after I graduated from OU (back in the 70s).

One question asked if I believed in the existence of a supreme being.

I checked "yes" and wrote "Barry Switzer" in the margin.

... I knew I'd be happier teaching in Norman anyway....

Crucifax Autumn
3/17/2010, 07:06 PM
You guys do realize that this is the fewest questions in decades if not ever right?

sooner ngintunr
3/17/2010, 07:35 PM
You guys do realize that this is the fewest questions in decades if not ever right?

According the website they've been asking these same questions for at least 40 years.

So I guess their propaganda machine is working on you.

;)

SanJoaquinSooner
3/17/2010, 07:49 PM
According the website they've been asking these same questions for at least 40 years.

So I guess their propaganda machine is working on you.

;)

They used to have short forms and long forms. If you got the long form, they'd ask you stuff like how many toilets are in your house.

sooner ngintunr
3/17/2010, 08:09 PM
They used to have short forms and long forms. If you got the long form, they'd ask you stuff like how many toilets are in your house.

Yeah now they have the ACS, I guess 1 in 40 people get it or something.

I've heard it is very intrusive.

I'm not really a paranoid kind of guy, I more of a none of your ****ing business kind of guy.

Still don't know why the Census Bureau wants my entire families' birthdates. I understand why they want my age as of April 1st, I just don't understand the need for the exact date.

SanJoaquinSooner
3/17/2010, 09:03 PM
Under race I put "WASP"

1. If one were of Aztec descent, do you think he/she would check yes for "Hispanic, Latino, or Spanish" origin? I'm guessing the gubmint would say yes, but most people of Aztec descent want no claim to any of those terms. That's the case for many who are from south of the border or their ancestors are.

2. Ten years ago, for my kids, I checked yes for "Hispanic or Latino" and wrote
"50%" adjacent to it. This time I'm going "yes," unadulterated.

SicEmBaylor
3/17/2010, 10:33 PM
Nevermind. I probably shouldn't have said that.

85Sooner
3/17/2010, 10:43 PM
Got the census. wrote 4 on it and put it back in the mailbox.

Crucifax Autumn
3/17/2010, 10:56 PM
You know what I find more disturbing than anythimg they can ask me?

The fact that they have a help line: http://2010.census.gov/2010census/contact/index.php for people that can't figure out how to answer the questions. If you guys really want to **** with them, flood the call centers with all these questions and privacy concerns.

Scott D
3/18/2010, 12:40 AM
Do schizophreniacs count themselves more than once? These are questions that I wonder about when I am bored.

you'd have to ask the alleged ignore king of the board what he put down. ;)

boomersooner28
3/18/2010, 12:41 AM
I noticed there was space for up to 12 people living at the address. For a moment, I thought about making up names and rolling with it.

I thought better of it as it would be too ACORN-y to make-up people for official gubmint records and such.

Actually...if all the residents of oklahoma would do this, we could get some more seats in Congress. We lost one. :D

3/18/2010, 12:50 AM
Actually...if all the residents of oklahoma would do this, we could get some more seats in Congress. We lost one. :DNew executive order: a Red State exemption from growth in congressional seats.

3/18/2010, 12:57 AM
you'd have to ask the alleged ignore king of the board what he put down. ;)You have an indirect way of answering yes.

lexsooner
3/18/2010, 08:17 AM
Not cooperating with the census takes hummingbird balls, more like a passive-aggressive hissy fit. Now if you refuse to pay your taxes, THAT would take some cajones. Ill-advised and stupid, yes, but ballsy nonetheless.

3/18/2010, 08:32 AM
Not cooperating with the census takes hummingbird balls, more like a passive-aggressive hissy fit. You didn't do it.

OKLA21FAN
3/18/2010, 08:44 AM
If one doesn't fill out their census form, won't God kill a kitten?

Veritas
3/18/2010, 08:49 AM
Not cooperating with the census takes hummingbird balls, more like a passive-aggressive hissy fit. Now if you refuse to pay your taxes, THAT would take some cajones. Ill-advised and stupid, yes, but ballsy nonetheless.
I guess I don't see it as a passive agressive hissy fit, at least for me. I'm not too wound up about them asking stuff that they don't have the right to ask. If I spent my days getting wound up about all the stuff the gubmint does that they shouldn't, I'd have a coronary inside of a week.

My personal take on it is that I'm a private guy and I wouldn't tell a stranger how many people live in my household, much less the other stuff. But my duty as an American citizen is to answer the question; the other stuff is nobody's beeswax.

And FWIW the writing of this post is more time than I've spent on the issue, honestly. I wouldn't know it were an issue if it weren't for this board and my ultra-right-wing Fox News believing family.

Ardmore_Sooner
3/18/2010, 09:00 AM
I was honestly disappointed in it. I can't find anywhere to list "Jedi" as my religion.

As a "Sith" we will commit series Jihad on your ***.

TheHumanAlphabet
3/18/2010, 09:26 AM
As far as "race" I am answering "American".

lexsooner
3/18/2010, 09:29 AM
I guess I don't see it as a passive agressive hissy fit, at least for me. I'm not too wound up about them asking stuff that they don't have the right to ask. If I spent my days getting wound up about all the stuff the gubmint does that they shouldn't, I'd have a coronary inside of a week.

My personal take on it is that I'm a private guy and I wouldn't tell a stranger how many people live in my household, much less the other stuff. But my duty as an American citizen is to answer the question; the other stuff is nobody's beeswax.

And FWIW the writing of this post is more time than I've spent on the issue, honestly. I wouldn't know it were an issue if it weren't for this board and my ultra-right-wing Fox News believing family.

OK, V, that's a well-reasoned explanation, so you clearly do not fall in the passive aggressive hissy fit category. I was picking up on those posters who see the census as an opportunity to show the Man how they feel about the government. What next, flipping off the tv screen showing the President, rubbing snot on your completed 1040 tax form, and other courageous, cajones grande actions?

TheHumanAlphabet
3/18/2010, 10:43 AM
rubbing snot on your completed 1040 tax form

I like this suggestion...However, it would probably get you a terrorists charge as bodily fluids could be hazardous :rolleyes: ...

Scott D
3/18/2010, 02:59 PM
This post is hidden because the poster rarely ever makes any sense.

Finally the software has been implemented

sooner59
3/18/2010, 04:38 PM
Not that I care either, really, but there should be one question followed by an explanation and a thank you for your time.

How many people reside at this address?

This is important so we can know the population of our country in order to interpret healthcare needs, unemployment rates, where we need to send military recruiters, and other things like that.

Thank you for your time.

StoopTroup
3/18/2010, 06:40 PM
If something was delivered and I didn't have to sign for it...it went in the shredder.

What's a Census anyway?