Travis Lewis
Ronnell Lewis
Demontre Hurst
Kenny Stills
Justin McCay
Tony Jefferson
Mosis Madu
Corey Nelson

Pick 3 to have an Impact this year, Pick 3 that have to make the most progress.

OK2U
3/17/2010, 02:04 PM
Whomever will be playing LT, LG and RT need to progress

BoulderSooner79
3/17/2010, 02:11 PM
Beals and Broyles almost cannot be better than last year, so I just hope they continue (there's always refinement).

L. Jones and D. Miller should make big strides.

R. Lewis and J. Calhoun new impact contributors.

Lots of upside on incoming true freshman, but it never seems to translate to impact in the 1st season.

SCxxSOONER
3/17/2010, 02:14 PM
I think marcus trice and tom wort will surprise people...Landry, Oline, and i think Demarco needs to have a good yr

NormanPride
3/17/2010, 02:17 PM
I'd like Hurst, Jefferson, and McFarland to have impact years. If they do that, then our D will be great.

Of course, the "impact" should be positive. :D

SCxxSOONER
3/17/2010, 02:24 PM
I'd like Hurst, Jefferson, and McFarland to have impact years. If they do that, then our D will be great.

Of course, the "impact" should be positive. :D

Forgot about mcfarland he will be a good one, and we all know about the hammer

KantoSooner
3/17/2010, 02:42 PM
DeMarco needs an explosive year and, if his body will let him, the spirit is there.
Landry needs to show that he can 'the guy'.
Beal can burnish his stats with a showing of being a squad leader.

Those three would be my picks.

badger
3/17/2010, 03:37 PM
Improvement and Impact Year:
Landry Jones
DeMarco Murray
Ryan Broyles

goingoneight
3/17/2010, 05:26 PM
Guys we need for damb sure:
Landry Jones (needs to make pretty much the same progression Sam made from year 1 to year 2)
Ryan Broyles (keep up the great work)
DeMarco Murray (a dynamite playmaker who changes games, and OUr only experienced RB)
Quinton Carter (will need to step it up as a less-experienced D-Line will mean opposing QBs will have more time to exploit you)
Jonathan Nelson (hopefully makes the transition back to corner seamlessly)

Things we need from a deep talent pool (AKA "the unkowns")
1. An anchoring LT... Donald Stephenson has always been a Stoops and KW fave, but he's no good on the sideline)
2. A positive leader at center (Habern would appear to be the guy... but everytime we see a new depth chart there's a new name at C)
3. Better guard play... all around. This is what killed and buried any hint of a ground game we had last year, and LJ needs a good pocket to step up into instead of having to roll out all the time.

JLEW1818
3/17/2010, 05:32 PM
Landry needs to be voted a captain this year.

I'm not saying "just because he is the qb"

he needs to gain the teams confidence NOW

oudavid1
3/17/2010, 06:46 PM
he needs to gain the teams confidence NOW

Bob said he already did that this last year, he had no problem stepping up and being that guy!

DakotaSooner
3/17/2010, 08:07 PM
alexander and beal

IronHorseSooner
3/17/2010, 10:45 PM
Impact Year:
The Hammer
DM
Jonathan Nelson

Improvement:
Patty O'Hara
Demontre Hurst
Corey Brandon

Without improvement at K, we will still have a revolving door. We need Hurst and Nelson to shore up the CB positions, and Corey Brandon MUST improve.

gaylordfan1
3/18/2010, 02:15 AM
I think they are wanting Nelson back at safety and waiting to see if the two young guys (hurst and trice) step up at corner.

oudavid1
3/18/2010, 03:33 AM
and waiting to see if the two young guys (hurst) step up at corner.

He already has, he was on the field against texas as a freshman, Bob said hes the best freshman hes ever coached.

gaylordfan1
3/18/2010, 08:01 AM
True oudavid, but stepping in at spot duty and being the man are a little different. I hope him and Trice step in and compliment each other well.

oudavid1
3/18/2010, 06:13 PM
True oudavid, but stepping in at spot duty and being the man are a little different. I hope him and Trice step in and compliment each other well.

Yeah I understand, but Trice is great but the only thing is his height bothers me. I wish he was taller.

gaylordfan1
3/18/2010, 07:00 PM
wish he was a balla? Wish he had a girl who looked good so he could call her?