View Full Version : This aint MY Army

olevetonahill
3/17/2010, 04:48 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_new_basic_training
Got to train what it takes to win
Life has changed !

C&CDean
3/17/2010, 09:10 AM
I like the hell out of this. All the damn jumping jacks in formation, shuffling from here to there in the double-time, push-up, etc. being replaced by something that will light their asses up. I likes it. My kid will be starting basic in Ft. Leonard Wood in August.

olevetonahill
3/17/2010, 10:04 AM
I agree Dean ! it just aint the ARMY you and I were in !
Instead of Gorilla Warfare, our Young men and Women ( see another part of NOT our ARMY ) Are Now trained in Urban Warfare !

Like i said what ever it takes for em to survive !:cool:

Tulsa_Fireman
3/17/2010, 10:12 AM
Place a K-bar in their hand and they'll fight their way to the Promised Land.

Don't think I read in the article whether or not there's any knife skills in the hand to hand regimen. I'm sure they're like me in that they'd rather shoot the bomb chuckin' bastards from 100 yards out, but if it gets hairy, are the boys gonna have the tools and techniques they need?

NormanPride
3/17/2010, 10:48 AM
It said they're trained to pick up whatever is around them, so I imagine that knife-style items are used as well.

Man, I wish I could sign up for this type of training without having to actually join. :O I'm way too much of a ***** to be shooting people, but I want to be healthy and able to handle my **** like they do.

Jello Biafra
3/17/2010, 02:56 PM
to be honest, im not quite sure where this has all been? i know the cav scouts and the tankers at knox (at least when i went through in 87-88)went into the pit once a week for 18 weeks...i had good times...wasn't always king of the pit but sometimes it was even cool to get knocked damn near unconcious...

Leroy Lizard
3/17/2010, 06:57 PM
We need tanks with feng shui interiors. Where does the ammo go?