PDA

View Full Version : Any info on Josh Turner?

Tigeman
3/17/2010, 12:59 AM
Anyone got any info they'd like to share about whats going on w/ Josh Turner, is he leaning anyway or holding out till the end?

Been a while since an OK kid has had an offer list that comes close to this one. It looks like the who's who of College FB with 25 offers so far.

I haven't ever gone out to Millwood to watch, cause honestly.... I'm a bit scared of that school. LOL. I'm sure he's holding out, but you never know! Would be nice to hang on to one of the VERY highly touted OK kids. And I will scream if another OK kid ends up at Tenn! I still don't get how they keep coming in here and stealing our kids.

oudavid1
3/17/2010, 01:02 AM
And I will scream if another OK kid ends up at Tenn! I still don't get how they keep coming in here and stealing our kids.

Someone very close to the Athletic Department explained this to me, Oku, Meachem, Jones, all wanted $$$$$. Bob Refused.

I'm a bit scared of that school.

Tigeman
3/17/2010, 01:09 AM
Someone very close to the Athletic Department explained this to me, Oku, Meachem, Jones, all wanted $$$$$. Bob Refused.

I wondered if there was anything like that. But I try and avoid those allegations.

As for the school quote.... have you ever been around Millwood? The student body is pretty scary (lots of gang bangers)! I'm surprised there's not more shootings! :(

goingoneight
3/17/2010, 12:06 PM
Meachem never wanted money. Your contact was talking out his azz.

I'm no Saints fan, and I despise orange... but I happen to know RM, and I know he grew up a Vols fan dating back to Peyton Manning's time there.

Tigeman
3/17/2010, 12:47 PM
Meachem never wanted money. Your contact was talking out his azz.

I'm no Saints fan, and I despise orange... but I happen to know RM, and I know he grew up a Vols fan dating back to Peyton Manning's time there.

Exactly why I avoid those allegations! HAHA Everyone's got excuses of why they didn't get an instate kid, and the first excuse usually goes along the lines of "his recruitment was dirty". * is the worst of it when it comes to a kid coming to OU over them!

Mad Dog Madsen
3/17/2010, 02:04 PM
Exactly why I avoid those allegations! HAHA Everyone's got excuses of why they didn't get an instate kid, and the first excuse usually goes along the lines of "his recruitment was dirty". * is the worst of it when it comes to a kid coming to OU over them!

THANK YOU! I totally agree. I'm so sick and tired of hearing this non-sense just because OU didn't get one of these in-state kids. We can't get everybody and some kids just want to play their college ball out of state! Simple as that.

BoulderSooner79
3/17/2010, 02:17 PM
THANK YOU! I totally agree. I'm so sick and tired of hearing this non-sense just because OU didn't get one of these in-state kids. We can't get everybody and some kids just want to play their college ball out of state! Simple as that.

Exactly - and that works in our favor many times as we depend on out of state recruits. We not only have to pull the Texas kids out of state, it's a different planet (culturally). We're saving them in many ways.

Harry Beanbag
3/17/2010, 03:12 PM
He has a really deep voice.

Herr Scholz
3/17/2010, 03:54 PM
I know Mack's trying really hard to get him down to our Spring game on Easter weekend. Don't know if that's going to happen or not but I do know they were holding out for this kid at CB. I had read that he wanted to go OOS for school but who knows.

goingoneight
3/17/2010, 05:30 PM
That would be two Oklahoma kids :mack: has been in on lately, signing one. I know we don't have the deep talent pool that Tejas has... so that really says something about JT and the Cobbs kid. NTM he's obviously being recruited by everyone else and their brother.

Herr Scholz
3/17/2010, 06:52 PM
Yeah, Mack doesn't venture into OK often (Pickryl was the last one I remember). Cobbs and Turner are the goods. Texas desperately needs another CB in this class though. Turner's the top choice but it's obviously way early.

Tigeman
3/17/2010, 07:04 PM
I just have a feeling he ends up in the SEC. I wouldn't even be suprised to see the kid end up at Auburn (this is one school that I know for a FACT pulls some dirty stuff)... I just have this gut feeling. But I'll guess we'll see.

Herr Scholz
3/17/2010, 07:45 PM
He's obviously good enough to go anywhere he wants.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
3/17/2010, 08:39 PM
somebody might want to email him the link for this thread.

Breadburner
3/17/2010, 10:26 PM
Mack was in Tulsa not to long ago....

3/18/2010, 12:31 AM
Mack was in Tulsa not to long ago....Was he there to recruit? who?

Herr Scholz
3/18/2010, 12:39 AM
Was he there to recruit? who?

He's probably already on the '12 guys. Our '11 class is almost done. We have 18 verbals with 10 offers out.

iSooner
3/18/2010, 10:19 AM
I wondered if there was anything like that. But I try and avoid those allegations.

As for the school quote.... have you ever been around Millwood? The student body is pretty scary (lots of gang bangers)! I'm surprised there's not more shootings! :(

Just how gangster can they look wearing school unis? ;)

MojoRisen
3/18/2010, 10:24 AM
He has said that he wants to play down south and in the SEC, from Miss...

I would love to get this kid, but doesn't seem like he wants to stay home either. We shall see

soonerguild
3/18/2010, 02:57 PM
i dont get a good feeling about him, just don't

MclOUvin
3/19/2010, 02:51 AM
if Mack wants him maybe we should stay away :D

Tigeman
3/19/2010, 10:54 PM
Just how gangster can they look wearing school unis? ;)

LMAO... when did they switch to this? Of course, I've only seen the kids at wrestling tournaments, and when on the news for school shootings and gang fights. LOL

Mad Dog Madsen
6/21/2010, 09:02 AM
Josh Turner to Texas. Just thought I'd post in case anyone missed it. Not like we care anymore though...

http://www.burntorangenation.com/2010/6/20/1526689/josh-turner-bolts-oklahoma-becomes

6/21/2010, 12:09 PM
Josh Turner to Texas. Just thought I'd post in case anyone missed it. Not like we care anymore though...

http://www.burntorangenation.com/2010/6/20/1526689/josh-turner-bolts-oklahoma-becomesDo you suppose he will catch a lot of crap at school this yr. for joining the cows?

goingoneight
6/21/2010, 12:30 PM
Do you suppose he will catch a lot of crap at school this yr. for joining the cows?

No worse than anyone else in the country who leaves their home state. Highly-touted recruits every once in awhile have a story or two to tell when it's all said and done about the recruiting process and how they were treated after their decision was made. See: J. McFarland.

TahoeSOONER
6/21/2010, 12:32 PM
Good for him.

Fine University but I'll enjoy watching him lose for years to come.

IronHorseSooner
6/21/2010, 03:35 PM
Good for him.

Fine University but I'll enjoy watching him being Stills's beyotch for years to come.

Fixed:D

HBick
6/21/2010, 03:36 PM
Fixed:D

Scratch Stills, replace Metoyer.

oudavid1
6/21/2010, 04:21 PM
My little brother is gonna play against him this year, if he is anything like me he will jab him a little in the team handshakes.

IronHorseSooner
6/22/2010, 10:39 AM
Scratch Stills, replace Metoyer.

Good point!