PDA

View Full Version : soonerfans.com group at ESPN.com

badger
3/15/2010, 02:48 PM
This message is from badger who is challenging you to play Tournament Challenge on ESPN.com.

Get in on the excitement of this year's NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament with the web's most popular bracket game. To get in the game simply complete a bracket by the first tip of the tournament. Points are awarded for each correct pick, with point values increasing as the Tournaments progress. Create or join a private group to compete amongst your friends, family, and co-workers. Or join a public group and compete against ESPN celebrities or like-minded fans from around SportsNation. Come out on top and you could win $10,000. Free to play, sign up now!

Get in the action now:
http://games.espn.go.com/tcmen/en/group?groupID=73329

Group: soonerfans.com 2010
Password: sherricoale

---

I didn't see that anyone else did this yet, so I went ahead. You can do up to three brackets. Have fun.

Boomer.....
3/15/2010, 03:17 PM
In!

badger
3/15/2010, 03:28 PM
Oh, and if anyone has a good group motto, I will add it in.

NormanPride
3/15/2010, 04:59 PM
"We're more undefeated than all these teams"?

boomersooner28
3/16/2010, 06:55 AM
In. I'm C Reedy

badger
3/17/2010, 10:04 AM
Remember that today is the final day to fill out a bracket or two or three here or with Yahoo.

starrca23
3/17/2010, 10:51 AM
In!

badger
3/18/2010, 08:58 AM
You can still enter, but it has to be in before the tipoff of the tourney... SO MOVE IT, PEOPLE! MOVE IT! :D

badger
3/19/2010, 08:48 AM
Only six entrants have learned life's greatest lesson: Texas sucks :mad:

Hopefully you all will remember this in future bracket challenges.

badger
3/19/2010, 04:14 PM
We have a new leader - kellylsims! Anyone want to take credit for that bracket? :D

the_ouskull
3/19/2010, 05:17 PM
Sorry I missed out on your pool. Here's my bracket, if you'd like to gingerly touch tips with it. :D

http://tournament.fantasysports.yahoo.com/t1/352598

the_ouskull

Collier11
3/19/2010, 05:49 PM
Heh, im 13-23 in both of my brackets and still have the same number of possible elite 8 teams correct as you D :D

the_ouskull
3/19/2010, 06:36 PM
Yeah. I wish the first round was worth the most points. I'm pretty good at picking (and avoiding) most of the upsets when I actually sit down and research what I'm doing for a bit. Ironically, Ohio is one of the teams that I didn't look at at all, mainly 'cause, as recently as a month ago, Georgetown looked like title contenders. Now, I kinda wish I'd have at least checked out what offense/defense Ohio runs. I'd have seen that their size, especially in the backcourt, would more than help them out, both on the glass (holding everyone in the frontcourt not named Greg Monroe to seven total boards - which matched his turnover total - good zones pressure the "catch man" as well) and offensively (Ohio's starting guards shot 17-29, including 10-18 from three) and I may have gone with them in the upset.

I mean, it's not like Georgetown (except for the turnovers, which has been their Achilles Heel all year) played a poor game. They just couldn't guard Ohio's guards, or anybody else, really. The whole d*mn team shot almost 60% for the game, including 56.5% (13-23) from downtown.

WHAT? Yeah, right? Sick.

I should have looked into that f'ing game...

the_ouskull

ndpruitt03
3/19/2010, 06:41 PM
Ohio was 7-9 in the MAC and was probably not a tournament team at all if they didn't win their conference title game. Not even in the NIT or CBI or whatever other post season there is. They were something like 7th in their conference. I looked at Ohio and even with Armon Bassett they didn't seem like an upset.

Eielson
3/19/2010, 07:14 PM
This is likely to end up the worst bracket I've ever made.

Eielson
3/19/2010, 07:24 PM
Sorry I missed out on your pool. Here's my bracket, if you'd like to gingerly touch tips with it. :D

http://tournament.fantasysports.yahoo.com/t1/352598

the_ouskull

Missouri over WVU?

the_ouskull
3/19/2010, 07:24 PM
Nick: Agreed on Ohio, but man, it's really more about the matchup - for me, anyway. Ohio has an efficient offense that is guard-driven and is prone to getting up on teams early due to solid ball movement and three-point shooting. Georgetown is not the kind of team that plays well from behind. Especially when a zone is daring you to shoot, watching you hit your shots, and you still can't catch up. The fact that Georgetown shot over 50% and still lost floors me. Turnovers, turnovers, turnovers...

I mean, the fact that they couldn't keep Washington off of the glass didn't help 'em either, though...

As weird as it is to say about a guy that averaged under 5 points per game during the season, I think that, if Thompson hadn't been in foul trouble, it could have made a difference. Enough to win? Eh...

But a difference nonetheless. Anyway, hindsight's 20/20. I'd have probably still picked Georgetown, 'cause I am prone to bouts of "teh dumb." But I'd have been more likely to consider the other possibilities.

the_ouskull

the_ouskull
3/19/2010, 07:31 PM
Missouri over WVU?

Yeah. Huggins coaches at West Virginia and he always sh*ts the bed before the Elite Eight. Also, I don't think that West Virginia's guards can handle Mizzou's trap/press. Their best two ball-handlers are only 6'2", and they only have two players that can really be called "guards" anyway. (Spare me calling Butler a guard... He's a 6'7" Iverson-wannabe.) One of them is limited after a shoulder surgery.

I mean, I don't need to justify it at this point though, it'll happen or it won't. Right? Lol. But, if Butler plays like he CAN instead of like he DOES, then they could probably make it almost all the way to the Elite Eight before Huggins starts trying to coach them again, ending their run.

the_ouskull

Collier11
3/19/2010, 07:33 PM
Yeah. I wish the first round was worth the most points. I'm pretty good at picking (and avoiding) most of the upsets when I actually sit down and research what I'm doing for a bit. Ironically, Ohio is one of the teams that I didn't look at at all, mainly 'cause, as recently as a month ago, Georgetown looked like title contenders. Now, I kinda wish I'd have at least checked out what offense/defense Ohio runs. I'd have seen that their size, especially in the backcourt, would more than help them out, both on the glass (holding everyone in the frontcourt not named Greg Monroe to seven total boards - which matched his turnover total - good zones pressure the "catch man" as well) and offensively (Ohio's starting guards shot 17-29, including 10-18 from three) and I may have gone with them in the upset.

I mean, it's not like Georgetown (except for the turnovers, which has been their Achilles Heel all year) played a poor game. They just couldn't guard Ohio's guards, or anybody else, really. The whole d*mn team shot almost 60% for the game, including 56.5% (13-23) from downtown.

WHAT? Yeah, right? Sick.

I should have looked into that f'ing game...

the_ouskull

Im usually pretty good at the 1st round but not so much this year

the_ouskull
3/19/2010, 07:34 PM
Well, another loss on the board. Utah State didn't pull through. That worries me down the road, too, 'cause I think A&M has the kind of defense that could give Dook fits. Crap.

the_ouskull

ndpruitt03
3/19/2010, 09:05 PM
The problem with this year is there's really not much of a difference from 2 seed to 12 seed and some 13 and 14 seeds are in that class. It makes for very exciting basketball but it's hard to pick especially this year. Last year you could pick almost all the higher seeds outside of a couple 5-12s 6-11s and have a pretty good bracket.

Eielson
3/19/2010, 10:26 PM
The scoring system will work in my favor this year, but it is ridiculous. Two years ago I was beating my brother by about 30 points in my bracket. It was complete domination. I had Memphis beating Kansas in the final, but he had Kansas beating Memphis. The game goes to OT, Hightower sticks it to Memphis/Dorsey, and I lose by 2. No way should an OT game count as much as the entire first round.

the_ouskull
3/19/2010, 11:59 PM
My final first round total: 25 of 32. Kinda weak, but I'll take it. Most people had Georgetown winning, so they don't hurt me so badly. In fact, of the seven games I lost, I only had Georgetown, Utah State, and Vandy going one more round. So, as long as my picks keep doing well, I'm looking at winning my pool. Which is a good thing too, 'cause I need the money. You know, if gambling were legal and all.

the_ouskull

Collier11
3/20/2010, 01:00 AM
Im now 20 and 21 of 32

the_ouskull
3/20/2010, 04:23 PM
So, Scottie Reynolds found a way to f*ck me one last time. I need a f*cking shower. I hate basketball. (Sadly, I can still win my pool, but 'Nova playing like they DO instead of like they CAN really wrecked me..)

the_ouskull

badger
3/20/2010, 06:41 PM
Kansas, who most of us chose as our champ, is really trying hard to lose to Northern Iowa. Myself included.

SoonerDood
3/20/2010, 06:47 PM
Kansas, who most of us chose as our champ, is really trying hard to lose to Northern Iowa. Myself included.

Refs will help them out. Give it a little bit.

badger
3/20/2010, 06:53 PM
Refs will help them out. Give it a little bit.

Gave it a little bit. NP (who went down to Dallas for the weekend) just called me to gloat about his "Bill Self chokes in the tourney" prediction. :rolleyes:

JLEW1818
3/20/2010, 06:56 PM
I had Nova over Kansas

I'm getting ready for Fantasy Baseball

ugh

Eielson
3/21/2010, 09:59 PM
I've got 7 of 8 elite eight teams still alive. Too bad the one I missed made me throw away my bracket.