PDA

View Full Version : Sarah Palin and Glenn beck in Tulsa today.

Okla-homey
3/13/2010, 05:08 PM
I didn't bother. Went hog hunting a bit north of McAlester. Got a big sow too.:D

I suspect there was a lot of anti-immigration talk. That's where I part ways with the Tea-Party crowd.

Bear with me.

Since we lack the national will to round up the 13 to 17 million folks here illegally, than why in the name of all that's holy don't we put them on a fast-track to some kind of legal status so we can tax their arses like you and me?

Srsly.

discuss...:pop:

sooner59
3/13/2010, 06:05 PM
Sounds reasonable. If you don't want to send them back, hunt them down and make them legal citizens. Tax them like everyone else, and if they still want to stay, they can add to the government budget, and less money needs to be scraped from other areas. If they don't want to stay, tell them thanks for visiting and them ship them back since it was their decision.

Okla-homey
3/13/2010, 06:33 PM
Sounds reasonable. If you don't want to send them back, hunt them down and make them legal citizens. Tax them like everyone else, and if they still want to stay, they can add to the government budget, and less money needs to be scraped from other areas. If they don't want to stay, tell them thanks for visiting and them ship them back since it was their decision.

The fact is, even if we went Nazi on 'em, which we won't, we can't practically round them up and put them in camps. And we would have to put them in camps to contain them, because deportation only sends them home for a few days or weeks until they return. That's given the relative porosity of our borders. Let's also be clear on something. Border fences, without the realistic threat of deadly force covering same, are just "feel good" wastes of money.

That's why I say we lack the national will to do anything about the problem.

Therefore, let's be adults about the issue, accept that they aren't going anywhere and tax 'em. Like you and me. Srsly.

yermom
3/13/2010, 06:34 PM
OKC > Tulsa today ;)

and yeah, make them pay into Social Security and Obamacare and be on the grid like everyone else

GKeeper316
3/13/2010, 06:36 PM
one of my side duties when i was at pendleton was to round up illegals.

they come up, work for a few days, make a hundred bucks or so pulling weeds, get caught, get a free ride home, and do it all over again the next week.

sooner59
3/13/2010, 11:43 PM
The fact is, even if we went Nazi on 'em, which we won't, we can't practically round them up and put them in camps. And we would have to put them in camps to contain them, because deportation only sends them home for a few days or weeks until they return. That's given the relative porosity of our borders. Let's also be clear on something. Border fences, without the realistic threat of deadly force covering same, are just "feel good" wastes of money.

Therefore, let's be adults about the issue, accept that they aren't going anywhere and tax 'em. Like you and me. Srsly.

Sorry if I sounded serious at all. I should have put a smiley or a winky face. I was by no means disagreeing with you. I was just trying to be funny. I'll try better next time.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
3/13/2010, 11:56 PM

Therefore, let's be adults about the issue, accept that they aren't going anywhere and tax 'em. Like you and me. Srsly.We don't even know who lots of them are, and nothing is going to improve until we have a much more difficult to penetrate southern border. The slowed-down economy has stopped the rate of illegals crossing, but who wants to do it that way?

LosAngelesSooner
3/14/2010, 12:51 AM
Judging just from your posts, I don't think it COULD get any more difficult for you to "penetrate the Southern border."

Just sayin'... :pop:

Tulsa_Fireman
3/14/2010, 01:06 AM
What makes this funny is that he's using your comment and making it sound like you partake in the buttsex.

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that was his intent.

Buttsex.

Scott D
3/14/2010, 10:56 AM
Homey look at the bright side. You were dealing a higher average IQ out hog hunting than attending whatever event those two were at.

And quit having moderate ideas like your immigration one. The current repub. party is going to excommunicate you. :D

Okla-homey
3/14/2010, 01:08 PM
Homey look at the bright side. You were dealing a higher average IQ out hog hunting than attending whatever event those two were at.

And quit having moderate ideas like your immigration one. The current repub. party is going to excommunicate you. :D

That is not a "moderate" idea. It is a "rational" idea. As in a practical solution to the problem of illegals partaking of our Fruited Plain without contributing to the fertilizer supply.;)

Scott D
3/14/2010, 01:29 PM
That is not a "moderate" idea. It is a "rational" idea. As in a practical solution to the problem of illegals partaking of our Fruited Plain without contributing to the fertilizer supply.;)

Sir it is a form of compromise, which through it's rationality moderates the fact that it's to neither extreme. Refreshing in this day and age of radicalism shouting down at everything. :D

badger
3/14/2010, 02:55 PM
I just dumped this pic in the fark board.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/articleimages/2010/20100314_Beckp1.jpg

I am a lifelong registered Republican and have only voted for one Democrat ever (and that candidate used to be a Republican until recently), but I couldn't believe this image.

Scott D
3/14/2010, 03:04 PM
I bet he was shouting at the crowd.

soonerhubs
3/14/2010, 03:37 PM
He gives us Mormons a bad name. Just saying...

yermom
3/14/2010, 03:50 PM
he's a mormon?

now it all makes sense ;)

Scott D
3/14/2010, 04:00 PM
He gives us Mormons a bad name. Just saying...

I know.... I used to think all mormons were contemplative and soft speaking....then I saw Glenn Beck on one of his normal sugar rushes....I mean I saw an episode of him shouting at me.

I mean if I wanted a funny looking guy shouting at me for 30 to 60 minutes, I'd watch Dave Ramsey, he's at least funny and self depreciating :D

SoonerInKCMO
3/14/2010, 04:10 PM
Some network needs to hire Beck, Ramsey and Jim Cramer and then put them on back-to-back-to-back. All your shouting in one place in one block of time.

Scott D
3/14/2010, 04:12 PM
with Rush Limbaugh's breathing difficulties as background music for the whole kit and kaboodle...and I meant Cramer, not Ramsey in my previous post.

StoopTroup
3/14/2010, 06:32 PM
I consider myself a Rationalist now instead of a moderate. I can't for the life of me figure out why I didn't see that as my real status all along.

sooneron
3/15/2010, 08:24 PM
I bet he was crying.

fixed.

Ike
3/15/2010, 11:08 PM
He gives us Humans a bad name. Just saying...

fixed it for ya.