PDA

View Full Version : TRRW close to re-upping w/ Cincy......

Salt City Sooner
3/13/2010, 03:06 PM
& SCS is one happy camper :D

It looks like the Bengals’ fourth-ranked defense is staying fully intact.

After signing up coordinator Mike Zimmer for three years back in January and getting tackle Tank Johnson for four more last week, the Bengals Saturday appeared ready to finish off a deal for safety Roy Williams according to agent Jordan Woy.

“We’re working on finishing it today. It looks good. Hopefully we’ll have an announcement soon,” Woy said.

Even though Williams played in just four games last year because of his forearm problems, Zimmer wanted back the man that went to four Pro Bowls with him in Dallas. The arm improved enough that Zimmer felt he could have played in the last regular-season game or two and even though Williams turns 30 during training camp they still feel he can provide leadership and aggressive play.

"He's a great player, a great person. He's uplifted this building and we want to have all those guys we can have here,” said head coach Marvin Lewis when they put Williams on injured reserve Nov. 13. “Tough guy to lose. But he's empowered other guys to play better and that's what you want guys to do. It's been good for us."

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Agent-Roy-Williams-close-to-re-signing-with-Bengals/0f39ade8-d4ed-491a-aea1-444616ba7119

Collier11
3/13/2010, 03:15 PM
he seemed to play pretty well before he got hurt, hopefully he will have a great year to get his career back on track

ndpruitt03
3/13/2010, 04:58 PM
He needs to be healthy for a season.

Collier11
3/13/2010, 06:17 PM
the sky is blue

goingoneight
3/17/2010, 11:46 AM
I honestly think Dallas getting rid of him didn't make much difference. They've been up and down the whole Wade Phillips era defensively. TRRW was just a scapegoat for the :texan:s anytime somebody completed a pass. I remember them being all over him after the playoff loss to NY when the corners were the ones playing like shat. TRRW ain't perfect, may really be done for, but he's not some bust like the folks in blue and silver claimed he was.

badger
3/17/2010, 12:19 PM
Good luck to TRRW and all of the other Sooners in the NFL this offseason! Work hard in minicamps, sign some awesome contracts, get drafted, get signed, make the cuts, whatever it is that you do, do it well!

rawlingsHOH
3/17/2010, 12:40 PM
I honestly think Dallas getting rid of him didn't make much difference. They've been up and down the whole Wade Phillips era defensively. TRRW was just a scapegoat for the :texan:s anytime somebody completed a pass. I remember them being all over him after the playoff loss to NY when the corners were the ones playing like shat. TRRW ain't perfect, may really be done for, but he's not some bust like the folks in blue and silver claimed he was.

Dallas' dumbest move was trying to match him up with Ken Hamlin. He has all the same deficiencies in coverage as Roy does. They are only masked a little better because he was at FS.

ndpruitt03
3/17/2010, 12:48 PM
Going to the 3-4 hurt Roy because when they moved to the 3-4 he wasn't playing in the box which is where he's best. He's okay in coverage but Roy is at his best when he's stuffing the run or rushing the QB.

rawlingsHOH
3/17/2010, 02:08 PM
Going to the 3-4 hurt Roy because when they moved to the 3-4 he wasn't playing in the box which is where he's best. He's okay in coverage but Roy is at his best when he's stuffing the run or rushing the QB.

3-4 v 4-3 has very little to do with the back four. I think the league spreading out offensively, and flexing the TE, had more to do with him being in the box less.

ndpruitt03
3/17/2010, 02:39 PM
3-4 v 4-3 has very little to do with the back four. I think the league spreading out offensively, and flexing the TE, had more to do with him being in the box less.

When he was in a 4-3 defense he was used as an extra guy in the box a lot more. Going to the 3-4 he wasn't needed there near as much especially when they got Ware in Dallas. He basically took the role Roy was playing before.

Collier11
3/17/2010, 02:40 PM
wrong

rawlingsHOH
3/17/2010, 02:43 PM
When he was in a 4-3 defense he was used as an extra guy in the box a lot more. Going to the 3-4 he wasn't needed there near as much especially when they got Ware in Dallas. He basically took the role Roy was playing before.

lol

TMcGee86
3/17/2010, 02:54 PM
so wrong it's not even funny.

If anything he was in the box more with WP because they knew of his coverage defiencies.

rawlings is right, Dallas' dumbest move was ignoring FS after the loss of Woodson. Without a ball hawk back there he just never seemed to feel comfortable.