PDA

View Full Version : Bands with issues

Leroy Lizard
3/13/2010, 02:37 AM
Mayhem. (Not the late 70's punk band featured on Quincy MD, but the black metal band.)

With Dead as vocalist, the band's concerts became notorious. Whilst performing, Dead would often cut himself with hunting knives and broken glass.[5] Additionally, the band often had pig or sheep heads impaled on stakes and planted at the front of their stage.[5]

At some point in 1990, the members of Mayhem moved to "an old house in the forest" near Oslo.[6] They began writing songs for their next album, De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas. On 8 April 1991, Dead committed suicide in the house owned by the band. He was found by Euronymous with slit wrists and a shotgun round to the head. Dead's suicide note read "Excuse all the blood" and included an apology for firing the weapon indoors. Instead of calling the police, Euronymous went to a nearby store and bought a disposable camera to photograph the corpse, after re-arranging some items.[7] One of these photographs was later stolen and used as the cover of a bootleg live album entitled Dawn of the Black Hearts.[8]

Eventually, rumors surfaced that Euronymous made a stew with pieces of Dead's brain, and made necklaces with fragments of Dead's skull. Additionally, Euronymous claimed to have given these necklaces to musicians he deemed worthy.

On 10 August 1993, Varg Vikernes murdered guitarist Euronymous. On that night, Vikernes and Snorre Ruch travelled from Bergen to Euronymous’s apartment in Oslo. Upon their arrival a confrontation began, which ended when Vikernes fatally stabbed Euronymous. His body was found outside the apartment with twenty-three cut wounds – two to the head, five to the neck, and sixteen to the back.[10] Vikernes claims that Euronymous had plotted to torture him to death and videotape the event – using a meeting about an unsigned contract as a pretext.[11] On the night of the murder, Vikernes claims he intended to hand Euronymous the signed contract and "tell him to **** off", but that Euronymous attacked him first.[11] Additionally, Vikernes defends that most of Euronymous’s cut wounds were caused by broken glass he had fallen on during the struggle.[11] Regardless of the circumstances, Vikernes was arrested within days, and a few months later he was sentenced to 21 years in prison for both the murder and church arsons.[11] With only Hellhammer remaining, Mayhem effectively ceased to exist.

Crucifax Autumn
3/13/2010, 02:42 AM
http://www.angelfire.com/de3/dragonsofthenorth/Arson.html

Leroy Lizard
3/13/2010, 02:46 AM
GG Allin

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GG_Allin

I would have to undergo intensive training to endure any of GG Allin's songs for at least one minute.

Crucifax Autumn
3/13/2010, 02:47 AM
Now that's a ****ed up individual!

Leroy Lizard
3/13/2010, 02:48 AM
And I thought Iggy Pop was bad.

Leroy Lizard
3/13/2010, 02:51 AM
After arriving at the apartment, Allin injected the large dose of heroin that killed him. Some party-goers later posed for photos with Allin, not knowing that he was already dead. The next morning, some noticed that Allin still lay motionless in the same place where they had left him, and called for an ambulance. Allin was pronounced dead at the scene.[14]

Prayers, Crucifax? :D

And more:

At his funeral, Allin's bloated, discolored corpse was dressed in his black leather jacket and trademark jock strap. He had a bottle of Jim Beam beside him in his casket, per his wishes (openly stated in his self-penned acoustic country ballad, "When I Die"). As part of his brother's request, the mortician was instructed not to wash the corpse (which smelled strongly of feces), or apply any makeup. The funeral became a wild party. Friends posed with the corpse, placing drugs and whiskey into its mouth. As the funeral ended, his brother put a pair of headphones on Allin. The headphones were plugged into a portable cassette player, in which was loaded a copy of The Suicide Sessions. The video of his funeral is widely available for purchase, and is an extra feature on the Hated DVD and some bootleg VHS tapes..

Crucifax Autumn
3/13/2010, 04:38 AM
You want issues? This guy has issues, as obsreved ealier in another SO thread.

http://www.klicktrack.com/assets/shops/metalhit/releases/aphasia/images/mh-aphasia_200x200.png

According to CNN.com, conflicting reports emerged Sunday about whether American al-Qaida spokesman Adam Yahiye Gadahn (also known as "Azzam the American") — a U.S. citizen from Southern California who wrote in a web posting that he was obsessed for a time with "demonic heavy metal music" before moving to Orange County and discovering the Islamic faith — has been arrested in Pakistan.

A senior Pakistani government official told CNN that Gadahn was arrested Sunday in Karachi, but a U.S. intelligence official said there appears to be no validity to reports of Gadahn's arrest. Other U.S. officials also said they have no indication that Gadahn has been captured.

Metalhit.com in 2008 digitally released rare studio recordings from Adam Yahiye Gadahn's long-defunct metal project APHASIA.

Adam Gadahn was an active member of the death metal underground in the early 1990s before converting to Islam and eventually getting involved with the al-Qaida terrorist organization, popularized by his videos in support of anti-American sentiments. Gadahn was listed on the FBI's "Most Wanted Terrorists" list and was the first American charged with treason since 1952.

"DELIRIUM: 7 Hallucinatory Interludes, Op.2" is a mélange of experimental sounds and ambient-noise passages, fused with occasional guitar interludes and drum machines creating a snapshot into the adolescent mind of this future propagandist.

Samples of the music: http://www.klicktrack.com/metalhit/releases/aphasia-adam-gadahn/music-of-a-terrorist

King Crimson
3/13/2010, 06:54 AM
Iggy is still alive. i got high with Lane Staley, the other dudes from AIC and Iggy Pop at the Boulder Theater in 1990...thanks to my buddy Shaun.

just about a week before man in the box went big.

Crucifax Autumn
3/13/2010, 09:47 AM
Sounds like fun.

StoopTroup
3/13/2010, 09:54 AM
Iggy is still alive. i got high with Lane Staley, the other dudes from AIC and Iggy Pop at the Boulder Theater in 1990...thanks to my buddy Shaun.

just about a week before man in the box went big.

Quite a Resume Builder....

Crucifax Autumn
3/13/2010, 10:01 AM
That depends on the job you're shooting for!

StoopTroup
3/13/2010, 10:13 AM
Capitol Records?

StoopTroup
3/13/2010, 10:14 AM
A&M Records?

StoopTroup
3/13/2010, 10:14 AM
Did Wayne and Garth ever get high?

King Crimson
3/13/2010, 10:54 AM
Quite a Resume Builder....

that hasn't been prob for me.

Crucifax Autumn
3/13/2010, 01:32 PM
I once got a management position thanks to being the owner's pot dealer.

Leroy Lizard
3/13/2010, 01:46 PM
You guys are so cool. Doing all those drugs and all.

Jacie
3/13/2010, 01:47 PM
I guess this one makes the rift between Paul and John that led to the break up of the Beatles seem kinda tame . . .