PDA

View Full Version : Justin McCay.....

Al Gore
3/13/2010, 01:04 AM
.....is a stud. Watched him play in the 5A Semi-Final game. With the way he is put together, I would not be surprised to see him compete for playing time. He will be a big physical receiver and D-backs will have a hard time taking him down...

Al Gore
3/13/2010, 01:05 AM
Sorry...5A basketball....

Herr Scholz
3/13/2010, 01:25 AM
Al, you think he or Kenny Stills will play a lot this year? I know Broyles is a stud but what about the other guys coming back?

IronHorseSooner
3/13/2010, 06:57 AM
I think you will see a heavy rotation between Broyles (of course), D. Miller, Reynolds, McCay, Stills, Caleb, Powell, and Kenney. I would look for McCay to be the back up to Miller, Stills will be the back up for Reynolds, and you will likely not see Broyles out of the line up. Powell looks to be too good to keep of the field, and will likely remind some of Manny Johnson. The other two are seniors, and they should see some playing time. McClain is rehabbing an injury, and I would expect for Trey Franks to get a redshirt.

Sooner-N-KS
3/13/2010, 09:45 AM
I think you will see a heavy rotation between Broyles (of course), D. Miller, Reynolds, McCay, Stills, Caleb, Powell, and Kenney. I would look for McCay to be the back up to Miller, Stills will be the back up for Reynolds, and you will likely not see Broyles out of the line up. Powell looks to be too good to keep of the field, and will likely remind some of Manny Johnson. The other two are seniors, and they should see some playing time. McClain is rehabbing an injury, and I would expect for Trey Franks to get a redshirt.

Nothing the coaches have done indicate to me that they will be in a heavy rotation. The running backs are usually in a heavy rotation, but that seems to be it. For me it seems we rotate RB's too much and WR's too little.

I think I remember a post game news conference where someone asked about Jaz Reynolds. They indicated before the game he would get some play time, but after the game they said they just didn't get around to it. My mind could be making that up, but I think that happened.

But I would like to see a good rotation with WR's fighting for their job by actually catching the ball this year.

HillbillyRay
3/13/2010, 10:29 AM
competition should be the best thing that could possibly happen to this group, maybe they wont be in a heavy rotation but knowing that if you make some a major error someone else will get a shot

Al Gore
3/13/2010, 10:37 AM
Not sure Herr....All I know is that he is close to 6' 4" and he is posting up against 6' 6", 6'7" and 6' 8" players and dominating them with his physical play and unreal vertical jump. I will be at the championship game tonight and he will be matched up against 6'6" and 6'7".

I am just really impressed with his athletic ability on the basketball court.

SoonerLB
3/13/2010, 11:05 AM
I just hope the WR's use stick-'em on their mitts this year rather than butter like last year. ;)

setem
3/13/2010, 11:53 AM
I think Miller and Broyles will be big big play makers. I learned my lesson with Kenny last year so the jury will be out on these new cats until they hit the field in a game. Going off looks alone, McCay could be a superstar in the coming years. He has the speed to run away from guys and once he learns the tricks of the trade he could shine. I really hope they use Miller in a Gresham-esk way. Not full time TE but put there and drop him out wide every now again. It is going to be exciting to see how these guys pan out!

OUbasketball4life
3/13/2010, 12:00 PM
I believe Justin is also going to be playing for Coach Capel if I remember correctly...

oudavid1
3/13/2010, 12:34 PM
I believe Justin is also going to be playing for Coach Capel if I remember correctly...

Can we confirm this?

meoveryouxinfinity
3/13/2010, 12:49 PM

that won't last long.

OUbasketball4life
3/13/2010, 01:47 PM
http://rivals.yahoo.com/basketballrecruiting/basketball/recruiting/commitments/2010/oklahoma-24

Al Gore
3/13/2010, 01:48 PM
He might be able to play at this level but I have not seen any interviews where he has stated this. Also, I don't think Stoops would allow it......

gaylordfan1
3/13/2010, 03:53 PM
I only wish he could have came in early so he can be on campus to get more of a handle on this offense. But I would like to see our WR's rotating in and out. That only works if you have WR's that catch the ball.... first string and second string!

Al Gore
3/13/2010, 11:26 PM
I only wish he could have came in early so he can be on campus to get more of a handle on this offense. But I would like to see our WR's rotating in and out. That only works if you have WR's that catch the ball.... first string and second string!
He wanted to win a basketball state championship.....and he did...

gaylordfan1
3/13/2010, 11:46 PM
Well played sir.

Curly Bill
3/13/2010, 11:47 PM
Yup, give me a state B-ball championship over starting college early any day. I think the young man made the right call. Congrats to him.