....Or until further review! :D

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4990555

JLEW1818
3/12/2010, 07:15 PM
lol, if he is out. no pac 10 title

yermom
3/12/2010, 07:24 PM
what an idiot

i mean seriously, how stupid do you have to be to screw up that situation?

JLEW1818
3/12/2010, 07:25 PM
Jeremiah Masoli, seriously how worthless can you be? You get your entire education paid for, the most popular person on Oregon campus, and you steal from people? wtf? please explain. Are you blaming it on how you were raised? IDC. It's called morals. Some people have them. You know right from wrong. wtf dude? i hope you end up under a bridge later on in your life. You went from TDs in the Rose Bowl, to kicked off the team. I'd say you could be mentally retarded. Or just a POS. I hate you and I hate Oregon.. QUACK.

yermom
3/12/2010, 07:32 PM
there's morals, and there is dumb.

you don't need morals to know that you shouldn't **** up a good thing

JLEW1818
3/12/2010, 07:34 PM
i luv u

PDXsooner
3/12/2010, 07:52 PM
as long as they have their replay officials, they always have a chance...

BoulderSooner79
3/12/2010, 08:07 PM
I predict Masoli and James will score 20 or less on the wonderlic test --- combined! That's assuming they ever get to the NFL combine. Morons.

sooner59
3/12/2010, 09:37 PM
Is he friends with Cam Newton?

Leroy Lizard
3/12/2010, 09:49 PM
Like Cam Newton, Masoli had cleaned up his act.

TahoeSOONER
3/12/2010, 09:54 PM
Can't spell dip chit without Oregon QB thief.

Well you can but you get the picture.

gaylordfan1
3/12/2010, 11:03 PM
That is good news.... They would have been pretty good this year.

ouduckhunter
3/13/2010, 02:39 AM
I predict Masoli and James will score 20 or less on the wonderlic test --- combined! That's assuming they ever get to the NFL combine. Morons.

That's what I was thinking too....Vince Young might have met his match in Masolil for the low score on the Wonderlic! Jeeeshhh, what in the world is the matter with these kids?!!

Leroy Lizard
3/13/2010, 02:54 AM
Vince Young would've got lost inside the dorm.

Collier11
3/13/2010, 03:13 AM
So let me get this straight, stealing a laptop is good for a full year suspension but beating the sh*t out of your GF gets you 1 game??? Nice...Chip Kelly is a dumbf**k

Scott D
3/13/2010, 02:07 PM
Hey now Collier... Dr. Tom would have suspended James for the first half hour of a practice. ;)

GKeeper316
3/13/2010, 06:50 PM
so if this is the same full season suspension blount got, masoli will be back on the field in time for conference play...

BoulderSooner79
3/13/2010, 07:14 PM
Blount was suspended following the 1st game and didn't appear until the last game - and then only spot duty. So Kelly was pretty harsh with Blount. Also, what Masoli did was much worse, IMO, so I don't see him getting off easy unless Kelly softens up (or is forced to by his boss).

Sooner-N-KS
3/13/2010, 07:42 PM
Yeah, the Kelly's QB is suspended for the season.......wink.....wink....

Leroy Lizard
3/13/2010, 08:22 PM
Blount should have been thrown off the team.

Collier11
3/13/2010, 08:24 PM
Blount was suspended following the 1st game and didn't appear until the last game - and then only spot duty. So Kelly was pretty harsh with Blount. Also, what Masoli did was much worse, IMO, so I don't see him getting off easy unless Kelly softens up (or is forced to by his boss).

So stealing a laptop is worse than sucker punching an unsuspecting opponent or beating the sh*t out of your girlfriend?

BoulderSooner79
3/13/2010, 09:02 PM
So stealing a laptop is worse than sucker punching an unsuspecting opponent or beating the sh*t out of your girlfriend?

The sucker punch was a flash of anger and provoked, so the opponent probably was suspecting or hoping for a response - just not that one. Stealing is premeditated and criminal, so yes it is worse IMO.

Masoli is not accused of battering his girlfriend and that's who I was talking about. But yes, assault and battery in a domestic situation is worst than what Blount did in the context of a sport where grown men are wearing pads and inflicting legal blows (blocking/tackling). Why James was only suspended 1 game, I have no clue. I suspect there was the term "allegedly" thrown in there or an unprovable he-said, she-said factor. Or maybe it's okay to beat your girlfriend up there.

Collier11
3/13/2010, 09:07 PM
how was it provoked, the guy talked a little crap after the game but its not like Blount doesnt have the resonsibility as an adult to keep his cool. I agree that the Boise guy was looking for a response but Blount still acted like a thug and then went after every player and fan who said anything. He flew into a blind rage. Can you imagine if he had gotten loose and assaulted a fan, it wouldve been ugly.

Also, if Blount had done that on the street its assault and he is in jail.

Sooner-N-KS
3/13/2010, 09:13 PM
The sucker punch was a flash of anger and provoked,

Sorry, but he wasn't provoked to that level. A normal person doesn't have a flash of anger that would cause you to punch a person and try to attack fans simply because someone said something to you. And whatever he said was likely calling him out for the braggadocios things he said in public before the game. If you can say that anyone did the provoking it was Blount when he opened his mouth on TV. It isn't unheard of for someone to call out that person that couldn't back up his talk.

Blount is just a thug, plan and simple.

Leroy Lizard
3/13/2010, 09:27 PM
The sucker punch was a flash of anger and provoked, so the opponent probably was suspecting or hoping for a response - just not that one.

He didn't just punch the one player. He went after one of his own teammates and a security guard. Flash of anger is one thing; uncontrolled rage is another.

gaylordfan1
3/13/2010, 09:56 PM
He also knew there were cameras everywhere watching him... He knew what he was doing was going to screw him somehow! And he STILL did it.

Leroy Lizard
3/13/2010, 10:04 PM
And he will still get drafted. There were no real repercussions.

gaylordfan1
3/13/2010, 10:27 PM
The only thing I got out of this was knowing that BS player had a glass jaw.

Leroy Lizard
3/13/2010, 10:49 PM
Actually, the BS responded fine. Look at the clip.

BoulderSooner79
3/13/2010, 10:54 PM
We've rehash the Blount thing a zillion times and my statements all include "IMO". I've seen worse altercations on a practice field between teammates. It was just very embarassing for the school showing up on national TV. But the seriousness of a crime (and this wasn't a crime by most definitions, shouldn't depend on how public the venue was.

I was just responding to the poster implying that Kelly wouldn't come down on Masoli. Suspending Blount for all but part time duty in 2 games is pretty stiff for a player with NFL aspirations. Masoli plead guilty to 2nd degree burglary and he plead guilty in order to drop felony charges. That's a real crime and not just an embarrassing incident. I don't see why Kelly would treat this more lightly than Blount's case. But this is just *IMO* - if I were Kelly, I'd probably just kick Masoli off the team. I know I'd at least do the same as Kelly has stated.

gaylordfan1
3/13/2010, 11:24 PM
Or at least let him play this year.... but with one stipulation: He must play in hand cuffs. Problem solved.

the_edge
3/14/2010, 12:01 AM
Actually, the BS responded fine. Look at the clip.

The dude fell on his butt. And I laughed, because he deserved it.

Curly Bill
3/14/2010, 12:07 AM
I'm still disappointed Blount didn't knock that ugly a*s head right off the BS player.

gaylordfan1
3/14/2010, 12:25 AM
Yea, wasn't the guy a D-Lineman? Blount is a big back but lacked at least 50-75 on the guy. If the punch was 100% clean, the guy would have had to set out the next week.

Leroy Lizard
3/14/2010, 12:58 AM
We've rehash the Blount thing a zillion times and my statements all include "IMO". I've seen worse altercations on a practice field between teammates. It was just very embarassing for the school showing up on national TV.

Give me a break. You must not have watched the entire clip.

BoulderSooner79
3/14/2010, 09:30 AM
Give me a break. You must not have watched the entire clip.

You can make your own break by not reading. I saw the entire incident live and the replay repeatedly. The guy completely lost control for minutes. It was very embarrassing for the school, but there was no crime. There was one punch thrown that hit a guy who asked for it with physical and verbal taunting immediately after an emotional loss. There was no crime. I'm not saying Blount didn't deserve a stiff penalty from the coach, I'm saying he got one.

My point was Masoli's situation is very different and a real crime by any definition. You're the one that thought Cam Newton should be rotting in jail and this is the same sort of thing. Now it's not Kelly's job to set punishment on a crime; the judge did that. But from a football program point of view, he has to decide how it relates to the team. Personally, I'd rather not have a convicted thief on my team. As for a guy with anger management issues, it would probably depend on the guy and how the team felt about him and the odds of him disrupting the team in the future. Blount had a reputation and Kelly came down hard - I don't blame him. He didn't hold him out the entire year, but very close to it and he seemed to succeed in keeping Blount from being a further distraction (I don't follow duck football). Again, my point is (long wind, long wind), I don't see why people would doubt that Kelly will really hold Masoli out the entire year given Kelly's very brief coaching history and the Blount thing.

PDXsooner
3/14/2010, 10:54 AM
for those of you saying that lamichael james "Beat" or "punched" his girlfriend, the police report isn't quite so condemning. there's not a lot worse than beating a girl, but if you can picture some loud, obnoxious black chick in a jealous rage getting in his face you might be able to empathize with his response just a tiny bit.

here it is: http://www.scribd.com/doc/28271575/LaMichael-James-Sentencing-Memorandum

as for the masoli suspension, i think he was suspended not just for the crime, but for the fact that when chip kelly called him into his office and asked him if he stole, masoli looked him in the eye and lied to his face.

either way, it's not so cut-and-dried as it seems in terms of the penalty being harsh for theft but not for assault on a woman. that was my original thought but the facts suggest there's a little bit more to the story.

BoulderSooner79
3/14/2010, 11:02 AM
for those of you saying that lamichael james "Beat" or "punched" his girlfriend, the police report isn't quite so condemning. there's not a lot worse than beating a girl, but if you can picture some loud, obnoxious black chick in a jealous rage getting in his face you might be able to empathize with his response just a tiny bit.

here it is: http://www.scribd.com/doc/28271575/LaMichael-James-Sentencing-Memorandum

as for the masoli suspension, i think he was suspended not just for the crime, but for the fact that when chip kelly called him into his office and asked him if he stole, masoli looked him in the eye and lied to his face.

either way, it's not so cut-and-dried as it seems in terms of the penalty being harsh for theft but not for assault on a woman. that was my original thought but the facts suggest there's a little bit more to the story.

That's what I figured on the James thing. This is why cops hate going into "domestic" situations - you have 2 people out of control, often with no witnesses and occasionally with weapons. It can be dangerous and very hard to get to the truth. Masoli's case is cut and dried - he plead guilty and he did so to avoid more serious charges.

Sooner-N-KS
3/14/2010, 12:01 PM
You can make your own break by not reading. I saw the entire incident live and the replay repeatedly. The guy completely lost control for minutes. It was very embarrassing for the school, but there was no crime. There was one punch thrown that hit a guy who asked for it with physical and verbal taunting immediately after an emotional loss. There was no crime. I'm not saying Blount didn't deserve a stiff penalty from the coach, I'm saying he got one.

There was no crime? How about battery? What kind of world do you live in?

If there was someone in this forum that didn't care for the things you posted, and they tracked you down outside the stadium before a football game and punched you in the mouth........you would really think that no crime was committed? I don't believe that for a second. You would be looking for the police to haul his butt to jail.

BoulderSooner79
3/14/2010, 12:22 PM

If there was someone in this forum that didn't care for the things you posted, and they tracked you down outside the stadium before a football game and punched you in the mouth........you would really think that no crime was committed? I don't believe that for a second. You would be looking for the police to haul his butt to jail.

If that BSU player takes that video to court claiming assault, any judge would dismiss it out of hand; there was clear provocation. Now had Blount stewed about it and then ambushed the guy later, say outside the locker room, then it's assault. That's just the way things work. Regardless, there were no charges by the "victim" or local authorities, so there was by definition, no crime. Just a big mess for a coach after his first game on the job - welcome to CFB. I think he handled it pretty well - we'll see how he does on this more serious, criminal case.

Scott D
3/14/2010, 12:31 PM

That right there is the slippery slope. Previous incidents that happen on an athletic field that would be severe criminal incidents on the street, have a strong history of acquittals in a court of law. Not saying that it justifies it, just that past history has shown that those incidents are judged differently than if it'd been the same incident in a non sports setting.

BoulderSooner79
3/14/2010, 01:01 PM
That right there is the slippery slope. Previous incidents that happen on an athletic field that would be severe criminal incidents on the street, have a strong history of acquittals in a court of law. Not saying that it justifies it, just that past history has shown that those incidents are judged differently than if it'd been the same incident in a non sports setting.

yeah, what he said (much better than I tried to say it).

Sooner-N-KS
3/14/2010, 02:03 PM
If that BSU player takes that video to court claiming assault, any judge would dismiss it out of hand; there was clear provocation. Now had Blount stewed about it and then ambushed the guy later, say outside the locker room, then it's assault. That's just the way things work. Regardless, there were no charges by the "victim" or local authorities, so there was by definition, no crime. Just a big mess for a coach after his first game on the job - welcome to CFB. I think he handled it pretty well - we'll see how he does on this more serious, criminal case.

I don't buy the thinking that if no charges are pressed there was no crime. What if you are out of town, and you return home to find that someone broke into your house and stole a significant amount of valuables. You don't know who did it. Was a crime committed?

You really want to say that it wasn't a crime simply because it was on the field after the game was over? No! It was still battery.

If I came up to you and said, "you make the dumbest posts of anyone on Soonerfans" (I'm not trying to say that BTW), and you respond by punching me in the face. You can be assured that you're going to jail, pal. I did not provoke you to the point of physical violence. You would have simply been out of control. It's the same with Blount. He was called out for the stupid things he said on TV, but he was not provoked to the point of physical violence. There is absolutely zero justification.

Collier11
3/14/2010, 02:07 PM

WRONG...the only way Blount can hit another person is in self defense, that wasnt self defense. If I go up to you in a bar and call you a pole smoker you have no right to hit me, same thing in this case

Scott D
3/14/2010, 02:07 PM
It's ok KS, we all know that ndpruitt leads the race for the dumbest posts of anyone on Soonerfans.

Scott D
3/14/2010, 02:08 PM
WRONG...the only way Blount can hit another person is in self defense, that wasnt self defense. If I go up to you in a bar and call you a pole smoker you have no right to hit me, same thing in this case

next you'll tell me that you never ever ever charged the mound. ;)

Collier11
3/14/2010, 02:11 PM
I agree that in this setting you rarely see charges, im just talking in general terms as if this happened on the street.

And no, I never charged the mound although I did throw at guys on purpose from time to time :D

Scott D
3/14/2010, 02:12 PM
I agree that in this setting you rarely see charges, im just talking in general terms as if this happened on the street.

And no, I never charged the mound although I did throw at guys on purpose from time to time :D

hah, I charged the mound and took a few swings at a pitcher before....but I never went all Juan Marichal on his *** lol.

Collier11
3/14/2010, 02:13 PM
I actually had a time where my coach flat out told me to drill a guy and I then followed with two pitches behind the guy, missed him both times :eek: My coach was pissed

Scott D
3/14/2010, 02:14 PM
heh, I've been suspended in both baseball and soccer for "Violent conduct unbecoming a participant".

I mean wtf does that mean? :D

Collier11
3/14/2010, 02:17 PM
I got suspended once but it was for hazing freshmen :D

Scott D
3/14/2010, 02:21 PM
But on a more serious note, I can relate to having a **** poor performance in a game and being in that certain zone enough that the wrong thing being said to me can result in a snapping moment. Not condoning what Blount did, but I can understand what he did.

BoulderSooner79
3/14/2010, 02:23 PM
I don't buy the thinking that if no charges are pressed there was no crime. What if you are out of town, and you return home to find that someone broke into your house and stole a significant amount of valuables. You don't know who did it. Was a crime committed?

Dude, you're hopeless. This is an incident with video footage from every angle, not an anonymous home invasion. If the local DA thought it was worth charges, he would have brought them. Can't say there was lack of evidence or any doubt of who was involved. Tempest in a teapot - but it did make the game more interesting. Not the kind of "interesting" the coach wanted I suspect.

Collier11
3/14/2010, 02:28 PM
But on a more serious note, I can relate to having a **** poor performance in a game and being in that certain zone enough that the wrong thing being said to me can result in a snapping moment. Not condoning what Blount did, but I can understand what he did.

Even if the sucker punch was a moment of rage, you cant explain the fact that he went after security gaurds, fans, and other players as his rage increased.

Dude, you're hopeless. This is an incident with video footage from every angle, not an anonymous home invasion. If the local DA thought it was worth charges, he would have brought them. Can't say there was lack of evidence or any doubt of who was involved. Tempest in a teapot - but it did make the game more interesting. Not the kind of "interesting" the coach wanted I suspect.

999 times out of 1000, charges will never be brough in sports venues because of the setting and the emotions that go into it. DAs try to stay away from it, doesnt make it any less thuggish or criminal what he did

Scott D
3/14/2010, 02:33 PM
Even if the sucker punch was a moment of rage, you cant explain the fact that he went after security gaurds, fans, and other players as his rage increased.

999 times out of 1000, charges will never be brough in sports venues because of the setting and the emotions that go into it. DAs try to stay away from it, doesnt make it any less thuggish or criminal what he did

Well, a moment of rage isn't quite how I'd put it. A blind rage was probably a better way to explain it. I know to this day I can't really explains what happens when I go into what i guess is more aptly described as a blood rage. Between the rage and the adreneline high, I would say that there are lot of things that can be possible. Most of them won't be right, or the smart thing to do.

Leroy Lizard
3/14/2010, 02:39 PM
Well, a moment of rage isn't quite how I'd put it. A blind rage was probably a better way to explain it. I know to this day I can't really explains what happens when I go into what i guess is more aptly described as a blood rage. Between the rage and the adreneline high, I would say that there are lot of things that can be possible. Most of them won't be right, or the smart thing to do.

Scott, I'm sorry about all those times I negged you. It won't happen again.

Scott D
3/14/2010, 02:43 PM
You mean all 0 of those times?

I'm a big boy and I've learned how to be in much stronger control of my emotions since I was a teenager. Part of that was accepting and acknowledging the things that I was capable of and at times actually did. After that, it was about maintaining my calm.

BoulderSooner79
3/14/2010, 03:33 PM

Actually, that's kind of my point. The law does take context into consideration. Doesn't make it less thuggish, but it does make it less criminal by definition. Put this in a hockey setting and everyone accepts what is going on. If an opposing player smacks a guys shoulder pads and then gets in his face like that, the only question is how fast the gloves will drop. And it won't end up in court unless someone start swinging sticks. And provocation is a consideration. If you randomly punch a guy walking down the street, I suspect you get charged. Now if that guy had just tapped you on the shoulder and called your wife a wh*re and you instinctively hit him, you don't think that would make a difference to the judge? And I'm talking about the case where there are zillions of witnesses and no question what happened.

I'm no Blount fan and I say he got what he deserved. I just say it wasn't that big a deal outside the context of team discipline. I'd say even the most even keel guy provoked like that in that situation would have started a pushing and shoving contest. He probably would have been ridiculed by his own team if just hung his head and took it and peer pressure is a powerful thing.

Scott D
3/14/2010, 04:10 PM
Actually, British Columbia v. McSorley found him to be guilty of assault with a weapon.

Judge Kitchen commented that "if the slash was intended for the shoulder, delivered with the intention of starting a fight, my conclusion would be that it was within the common practices and norms of the game." But, the judge went on, no player could consent to such a slash; it was too dangerous.

A player delivering such a slash, therefore, would be found guilty of assault if he was aware of this risk. Having found that McSorley was aiming for the head, the judge did not have to consider if he possessed such awareness.

and

The judge noted that an unwritten code of conduct agreed to by the players and officials is superimposed over the written rules of hockey.

"This code of conduct deals mainly with situations where the written rules are breached....For example, the written rules prohibit slashing with the stick, but the unwritten code says that slashing is permissible as long as it is during play and not to the head. Of course, when a slash is employed, and it is observed by the referee...a penalty is called."

also Todd Bertuzzi pled guilty to Assault causing bodily harm, for his incident with Steve Moore of the Colorado Avalanche.

Collier11
3/14/2010, 04:24 PM
Now if that guy had just tapped you on the shoulder and called your wife a wh*re and you instinctively hit him, you don't think that would make a difference to the judge? And I'm talking about the case where there are zillions of witnesses and no question what happened.

No it wont, assault it assault...by the law(the way I understand it) there is never a reason to hit another person unless it is in self defense. The judge might tell the guy he deserved it but that doesnt mean the other guy wont get charged

Leroy Lizard
3/14/2010, 04:26 PM
I'm no Blount fan and I say he got what he deserved.

$$$$$?

BoulderSooner79
3/14/2010, 05:39 PM
$$$$$?

Yes, he deserved discipline by his team - not charged with a crime. Nothing inconsistent there.

BoulderSooner79
3/14/2010, 05:56 PM
Actually, British Columbia v. McSorley found him to be guilty of assault with a weapon.

and

also Todd Bertuzzi pled guilty to Assault causing bodily harm, for his incident with Steve Moore of the Colorado Avalanche.

I *clearly* stated "unless someone starts swinging sticks" if you read my post.

The Bertuzzi case was a very special case and it was handled as a civil, not criminal case. There was lots of evidence that Bertuzzi had been instructed by coaches to go after Moore. And it was retaliation for something that happened weeks before, so there was premeditation and conspiracy involved.

I really don't get the big deal here. Stuff happens in contact sports (or even non-contact as others have mention the brush-back pitch). Lets say something terrible happened and we lost to the horns in Dallas. And lets say some no name horn bench player immediately pats Sam on the shoulder (the healthy one) and calls him a "loser Injun with a glass shoulder". No harm there, all he did was say something, right? Now I'm sure Sam wouldn't need to be restrained for 5 minutes, but I could imagine him having a moment of negative emotions. Enough to maybe even shove the guy out of his face (with his good arm). If while shoving him, his hand hits the guys face, should Sam be suspended? I mean the other guy didn't do anything, right? Now if something like that would happen for real, I would hope the mouthy doosh-rocket would wearing at least 5 of our biggest, meanest players so fast that Sam couldn't even blink, but that's a different story.

Leroy Lizard
3/14/2010, 06:54 PM
Yes, he deserved discipline by his team - not charged with a crime. Nothing inconsistent there.

I never said you were inconsistent. I just wanted to point out that Blount suffered hardly from his actions. His coach put him in to showcase his talents for pro scouts so in the end he will rake in a ton of money.

Say what you want about Rawls, but he didn't embarrass the university to such an extent and he got the boot.

Leroy Lizard
3/14/2010, 07:00 PM
I really don't get the big deal here. Stuff happens in contact sports (or even non-contact as others have mention the brush-back pitch). Lets say something terrible happened and we lost to the horns in Dallas. And lets say some no name horn bench player immediately pats Sam on the shoulder (the healthy one) and calls him a "loser Injun with a glass shoulder". No harm there, all he did was say something, right? Now I'm sure Sam wouldn't need to be restrained for 5 minutes, but I could imagine him having a moment of negative emotions. Enough to maybe even shove the guy out of his face (with his good arm). If while shoving him, his hand hits the guys face, should Sam be suspended? I mean the other guy didn't do anything, right? Now if something like that would happen for real, I would hope the mouthy doosh-rocket would wearing at least 5 of our biggest, meanest players so fast that Sam couldn't even blink, but that's a different story.

You're trying to defend the indefensible. Blount didn't try to shove the player (which would have been evidence of some constraint), he hit him when the player wasn't even looking. He then turned on one of his own teammates (I suppose that this teammate insulted him too, heh?) and then a security office.

If Sam did that, I would hope that Stoops would run him out of state.

NO THUGS!!

BoulderSooner79
3/14/2010, 07:18 PM
It's amazing how these threads wander during the off season. My only assertion that I still believe is that a convicted thief like Masoli is worse than a player with anger management problems like Blount. And that Blount is not a criminal - at least not due to that incident. He did get a stiff penalty in terms of what a college team can do. If the NFL chooses to ignore it, that's the way it goes. I suspect it will cost him draft position which is a lot of $$, but we'll never know for sure. If he doesn't get help with his behavior problems, my bet is it won't matter because he'll be in trouble and **** away any fortune that comes his way. So he will get what he deserves and it's up to him if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

Collier11
3/14/2010, 07:42 PM
I would say someone with extreme anger issues is far worse than someone who stole a laptop, JMHO

BoulderSooner79
3/14/2010, 08:12 PM
I would say someone with extreme anger issues is far worse than someone who stole a laptop, JMHO

I agree the potential is there. If Blount turns out to be another Lawrence Phillips, then yes. But I can't imagine he woke up that morning thinking he would go ballistic and hit someone while millions watched on TV. Did Masoli get up planning to steal someone else's property - probably. And he didn't think there was anything wrong with it outside of getting caught. I sincerely hope they both shape-up because I know we'll all end up helping pay the bill if they become non-productive members of society.

Leroy Lizard
3/14/2010, 08:41 PM
I agree that Masoli is a criminal of the worst sort. (Everyone knows about my hatred of thieves.) I think both will get off too light, that's all. Blount is not going to get harmed one iota from what I can tell.

Sooner70
3/15/2010, 07:21 AM
Uh......I'd say Chip Kelley's pronouncements about a player being "suspended for the season" would be met with skepticism based on the Blount case. Maybe this is different because of the player pleading guilty on criminal charges, but the videotape of Blount hammering the BSU player after the first game last season showed guilt also.

Let's wait & see if Chip Kelley is going to stick to his word (this time.) I have my doubts (again).

ouwasp
3/16/2010, 01:23 PM
Well, I may be in the minority here, but I enjoyed seeing Blount literally knock the grin off the smart*** bsu player's face. Blount's behaviour went way downhill after that...

I think the stealing is worse.

Collier11
3/16/2010, 01:27 PM
Well, I may be in the minority here, but I enjoyed seeing Blount literally knock the grin off the smart*** bsu player's face. Blount's behaviour went way downhill after that...

I think the stealing is worse.

Let me ask you this, have you ever played sports whether it be for a school or at the local Y or even in a church league? If you answered yes then most likely at some point you talked a little crap to an opponent, so you think it would be cool if you talked a little crap and that guy turns around when you arent looking and socks you in the jaw?

Talking is part of sports, as someone mentioned earlier Blount had been running his mouth and he couldnt handle it when he got butt whipped and someone gave him a dose of his own medicine

As to what is worse, ive had my truck broken into twice while in college and my system stolen twice and I was so angry I decided I would run over the people with my truck if I ever caught them. Having said that, if someone sucker punched me I cant think of too many things that would make me potentially rage worse than that. That is the cheapest form of retaliation, it is a punk move. If the guy had been looking at him I might think differently but he wasnt

ouwasp
3/16/2010, 02:08 PM
Collier, I've played and coached. Yeah, there was some talking. Generally not any right after a heated game though.

I'm not saying it (Blount's punch) was right. Just that I enjoyed seeing the fellow shut up abruptly.

The theft was pre-meditated, along with being every bit as unecessary as the punch. That makes it worse, imo

If we disagree, no big deal.

Collier11
3/16/2010, 02:14 PM
Im not coming after you, just asking in general terms. Hell I was playing ball at the Y yesterday and was talking back and forth with the guy I was guarding who was about 100lbs bigger than I was. We both popped off a few times but after the game he came up and shook my hand, he couldve done what Blount did I suppose but he is an adult and realized it was just basketball as did I

SoonerAtKU
3/16/2010, 02:58 PM
I once took off my skate and tried to stab a guy.

I'm the only one who ever did that.

soonerboomer93
3/16/2010, 03:27 PM
that's a league record I thought?

BoulderSooner79
3/16/2010, 04:06 PM
Im not coming after you, just asking in general terms. Hell I was playing ball at the Y yesterday and was talking back and forth with the guy I was guarding who was about 100lbs bigger than I was. We both popped off a few times but after the game he came up and shook my hand, he couldve done what Blount did I suppose but he is an adult and realized it was just basketball as did I

C11, I can't believe you passed up such a great opportunity to run a social experiment. After the game, you should have come up from behind the guy when he wasn't expecting it, grabbed his shoulder shouted in his ear "I guess I owned your loser ***". Then you could see if this was a normal guy or more like that Blount maniac. You probably would have gotten a big hug.

Collier11
3/16/2010, 04:13 PM
hell no, this guy was way bigger than me :D Im about 235ish and he was atleast 325 if not bigger, and not all fat

BoulderSooner79
3/16/2010, 04:14 PM
hell no, this guy was way bigger than me :D Im about 235ish and he was atleast 325 if not bigger, and not all fat

You are a man wise beyond your pounds. :D

Collier11
3/16/2010, 04:19 PM
this is true, now if I was 21 or 22 I mightve considered it but im 28 now and I dont need some 300lber getting a hold of me

ouduckhunter
3/16/2010, 05:49 PM
this is true, now if I was 21 or 22 I mightve considered it but im 28 now and I dont need some 300lber getting a hold of me

I didn't know that you were an old man!! Joking! :D

Collier11
3/16/2010, 05:51 PM
compared to most on this board I might as well be a newborn :D

ouduckhunter
3/16/2010, 05:53 PM
If I'd gotten busy earlier, you could be my grandson! ;)

Oh god, that makes me feel old!

Collier11
6/9/2010, 01:42 PM
and now this, what an idiot

Masoli cited for pot possession, driving with suspended license

By Jack Moran

The Register-Guard

Posted to Web: Wednesday, Jun 9, 2010 10:42AM

Suspended University of Oregon quarterback Jeremiah Masoli is again in trouble with the law after a Springfield police officer stopped his vehicle and cited him Monday night on charges of possessing less than one ounce of marijuana, driving with a suspended license and failure to stop at a driveway or a sidewalk.

Masoli is scheduled to appear in Springfield Municipal Court on June 24, a court spokeswoman said. All three charges are non-criminal violations.

Masoli, 21, was suspended for the upcoming season in March after he pleaded guilty in Lane County Circuit Court to breaking into a fraternity house.

A UO athletic department spokesman had no immediate comment on Masoli’s latest brush with the law when contacted this morning.

Read more in Thursday’s Register-Guard.

Leroy Lizard
6/9/2010, 02:37 PM
How did he get his license suspended in the first place?

Character matters.

Widescreen
6/9/2010, 02:40 PM
He's been dismissed from the team. That is one smart dude.

IowaSooner26
6/9/2010, 03:12 PM
Maurice? Is that you?

Leroy Lizard
6/9/2010, 03:35 PM
:mad: http://www.oregonlive.com/forums/duckfootball/

:) http://www.oregonlive.com/forums/beaverfootball/

Dio
6/9/2010, 04:09 PM
No wonder texas and UO want to be in the same conference so bad.

oudavid1
6/9/2010, 05:41 PM
compared to most on this board I might as well be a newborn :D

whats that make me, a fetus?

BoulderSooner79
6/9/2010, 05:44 PM

A zygote.

westbrooke
6/9/2010, 05:57 PM
:mad: http://www.oregonlive.com/forums/duckfootball/

:) http://www.oregonlive.com/forums/beaverfootball/

I'd like to take this opportunity to say that we have an easily navigated and logically structured message board here at SoonerFans. That is all.

Collier11
6/9/2010, 06:22 PM

a jizz stain on daddys underoos :D

Mad Dog Madsen
7/29/2010, 08:59 AM
Don't think anyone cares... BUT Masoli is headed to Ole Miss.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5418941

rawlingsHOH
7/29/2010, 09:09 AM
Don't think anyone cares... BUT Masoli is headed to Ole Miss.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5418941

Didn't they say just 2 weeks ago that Ole Miss wasn't interested in another guy like this?

stoops the eternal pimp
7/29/2010, 09:14 AM
They weren't til the quarterback who lost the qb competition decided to transfer and Nutt isn't exactly sold on Nathan Stanley.....

I'm sure Nutt wouldn't mind having Dick back in the pocket..

gaylordfan1
7/29/2010, 09:42 AM
Interesting.... I hadn't heard of this. Well, what are the odds that he gets the starting job? I mean, the kid is talented. Kinda a tool for what he did at Oregon. He and Oregon had a lot of upside this year if he stayed clean. But, it's likely he will make another bone head move.

stoops the eternal pimp
7/29/2010, 09:47 AM
He has a great chance to come in and start.maybe not right away but before the season is over...While Stanley is a home grown Oklahoma boy, I don't know that he can do much for them...

The interesting thing in this is the rule is when a player graduates from a school, he can go to a school that has a graduate program his school doesn't have..Im just wondering what graduate program exists at Ole Miss that they don't have in Oregon...

gaylordfan1
7/29/2010, 09:49 AM
I think its some advanced degree in criminology. :D

SoonerLB
7/29/2010, 10:40 AM
Not that I had much respect for Ole Miss in the first place, but I have less now. Classy Ole Miss, real classy!

oudavid1
7/29/2010, 12:35 PM
This dosnt really surprise me considering they needed something to help them for this year, they lost any talent they did have.

westbrooke
7/29/2010, 02:00 PM
Interesting profile on Masoli just posted at SI.com:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/football/ncaa/07/27/masoli/index.html?eref=sihp

If it's accurate, I certainly feel more sympathy for him because it would seem he's been punished out of proportion to his actual crimes, but even so he's still admitting to some amazingly poor judgment and cowardice in standing up to others when the chips are down. Not to mention the crimes he actually did commit. If he's serious about cleaning up his act, then this is a gamble that will probably work pretty well for Ole Miss, but Masoli needs some serious spinal growth if he expects to lead a team both on and off the field.