PDA

View Full Version : Meanwhile back at the Coalemine

stoopified
3/12/2010, 04:34 PM
Sherri and the girls continue to dig out more wins than expected.I think this has to rank as possibly the best coaching job Sherri has done at OU.I recall thinking IF Whithey has a great year this team COULD finish in the top 4 of the Big 12 and maybe have a shot at a Sweet 16.When Hand went down my gut reaction was well the WNIT wouldn't be so bad.t BTW preseaon polls had OU FIFTH with a healthy Whitney Hand.

This team has no bench,is average at post,their point guard also has to be a shooting guard ,is pathetic from 3 point range(oSu game not withstanding),basically average among conference teams in all categories, and yet here the Lady Sooners are at 21-9,11-5 and tied for second in conference.Not bad for a rebuilding season.

That Sherri is an outstanding coach should not come as a shock to anyone as she trails Billy Tubbs by only 27 games from being OU's all-time winningest b-ball coach.She is also close to equaling the win total of all other OU womens coaches combined.

oumartin
3/12/2010, 04:45 PM
plus she's beautiful! ;)

NormanPride
3/12/2010, 04:52 PM
No doubt, this year has been a huge surprise. The girls really came together as a team and fought hard. I saw more effort this year than I did when the Paris sisters were here, and I think that's because no one player was really a star. A bunch of good-to-great players that are trying their best to make the girl next to them better.

badger
3/12/2010, 05:12 PM
Lady whorn loses to Laggies. Nebbish beat K-State kitties. Let's see if Pokette can pull off another win over ISU before OU takes on crappy Baylor.
http://i40.tinypic.com/bf11ft.jpg

stoopified
3/12/2010, 07:50 PM
BTW 17 is the magic number for Sherri to match the winning total of all the other coaches in OU womens basketball.Remarkable when you consider where OU womens b-ball was when Coale took over.For the record the OU women are 21-11 in their NCAA history,Coale is 19-10.For the math challenged that means OU was 2-1 in the NCAA before Sherri.

King Barry's Back
3/12/2010, 09:55 PM
BTW 17 is the magic number for Sherri to match the winning total of all the other coaches in OU womens basketball.Remarkable when you consider where OU womens b-ball was when Coale took over.For the record the OU women are 21-11 in their NCAA history,Coale is 19-10.For the math challenged that means OU was 2-1 in the NCAA before Sherri.

WOW!! We only made the tourney ONE TIME in all history during the pre-Sherri days?

No wonder the regents eliminated the team for a while.

stoopified
3/13/2010, 12:13 PM
WOW!! We only made the tourney ONE TIME in all history during the pre-Sherri days?

No wonder the regents eliminated the team for a while.Actually they eliminated the program because the support was nonexistant.OU was lucky to draw 1000 fans to homegames just prior to dropping the hammer.

The win over Baylor was typical of this team,it wasn't pretty but it WAS a W.With McFarland and Olajuwon,we had 10 fouls to use vs. Grinner and we used 9.If Abi had fouled out we would have been done.This team has verylittle margin for error,we have to play great D and shoot well enough from the outside to keep driving and passing lanes open.

badger
3/13/2010, 02:37 PM
Actually they eliminated the program because the support was nonexistant.OU was lucky to draw 1000 fans to homegames just prior to dropping the hammer.

It was Title IX fanatics that kept the program alive.

Although, it was also Title IX fanatics who were convinced that OU was secretly trying to sink the program by hiring some random high school English teacher/coach to take over the program.

I forget her name ;)

Monster Zero
3/14/2010, 05:43 PM
Was it someone we know?

fwsooner22
3/15/2010, 10:37 AM
Will Whitney get a medical or be able to use redshirt ?

badger
3/15/2010, 10:41 AM
Will Whitney get a medical or be able to use redshirt ?

Without a doubt. She played a grand total of five games this year.