PDA

View Full Version : Loss of 2010?.......

gaylordfan1
3/12/2010, 02:01 AM
Ok, lets look at this as who will challenge us next schedule. As I look at the schedule I see 3 big games.... Cinci, Texas, and A&M. Florida State is at home so I will always take those odds. If we foresee a loss, who will it be? Seriously, lets be grown up about this.

Collier11
3/12/2010, 02:20 AM
As of right now im thinking 10-2, not sure who I think we lose to cus I dont wanna give any of our opponents any credit :D

sooner59
3/12/2010, 03:16 AM
I think we may be challenged by Mizzou at their place, but like last time, we get the win. I don't see us losing a home game. I actually don't see us losing to Cincy either. That is just a gut feeling, though. I went to College Station the last two times and I feel pretty good about that game as well. I honestly feel if Landry and the O-line get better at all, we will go 11-1. Don't have a clue where the loss comes from, but if it does, I hope it isn't in Dallas. If we beat Texas, it will be a huge letdown to lose after that. There is potential to win out, but there is also potential for 10-2. I guessed in the middle, but I am holding out hope for something special.

gaylordfan1
3/12/2010, 03:21 AM
Don't know why but A&M worries me......

Crucifax Autumn
3/12/2010, 03:29 AM
I'll be plenty grown up....

We're gonna kick the sh*t out of all who oppose us!

sooner59
3/12/2010, 03:48 AM

Don't worry, I was in the stands the last two time we went there, and it turned out fine. I'm going this time as well. I'm good luck. Don't worry unless I say I can't go for some reason. BTW, I had a hell of a time in the A&M student section last time! I made fun of them every time they did their dumb yells. We were up by 30, it was too fun.

gaylordfan1
3/12/2010, 03:49 AM
I'm trying to be realistic this year. Last year I thought we would smother every opponent. We learn from our past mistakes. I'm planning on being level headed coming into the fall. I, like everyone here, will know how good our team really is going into the FS game.

gaylordfan1
3/12/2010, 03:51 AM
correction, AFTER the FS game.

SGT Park3R
3/12/2010, 04:24 AM
I'll be plenty grown up....

We're gonna kick the sh*t out of all who oppose us!

That's my mentality. Can't wait!! Only 5 and 1/2 months left!

Sooner-N-KS
3/12/2010, 08:56 AM
The thing is the losses usually don't make sense when looking at them before the game.

At Colorado a few years ago.

At Iowa St. the last time we almost lost that game.

Any of the games at Tech.

Last year at Nebraska.........who would have thought we would have 5 INT's and couldn't kick a field goal?

I agree that the A&M game seems like the most possible loss, but we never know if the team will just decide to not show up like last year at Tech.

oudavid1
3/12/2010, 09:25 AM
A&M bothers me. F%CK Texas!!!!! i dont care if they have Jesus playing quarterback (we've been there), we will always be favored!!!

KantoSooner
3/12/2010, 09:49 AM
Look at last year.
Was there any game we should have lost? We were in every game except Tech down to the last minutes. And we shouldn't have lost to Tech. With a freshman QB, receivers who buttered their hands before games and three guys from the parking lot on the Oline.
I can't see a game on our sched that we should not win this next season. That said, I find it impossible to predict an unbeaten season. I guess I've got whippped dog syndrome.
Hopefully some CCV (continuous crushing victory) therapy will bring me back to my normal ebullent self.

IronHorseSooner
3/12/2010, 09:50 AM
At least to me, it comes down to leadership. Winning the big ones comes down to this. Who will be that leader on offense? Broyles, DM, The Stache, or Madu would be good choices. On the D, a guy like JB, one of the Lewises, Nelson, or maybe even MacFarland could be the guy. This team has the best gamebreaker in the conference with Broyles, and DM could be put in the right situation (i.e. no smoke draws into the guards' backsides). To me, the games break into three categories:

Games that we should have very little-to-no problems: USU, Baylor, CU, ISU
Games that we should win, but you never know: FSU, USAFA, Tech, A&M
Critical games that will define the season: Cincy, *, Mizzou, OSU

USU, Baylor, CU, and ISU don't have the horses to hang with us. Three of those are at home, and for some reason we play the Bears better in Waco than at home. Record 4-0

FSU has a lot of athletes, but the game is at home, and they are at a transition point. Make no mistake, this is NOT the FSU of 1990-2000. Right now, they are the 4th best team in FLA, as USF has passed them. Also, we have plenty of reasons to annihilate them, but I doubt that Coach Stoops wants to embarass his brother.

USAFA made Houston look bad in their bowl game, and they had the number 1 pass defense in the country last year. Their D Coord left, but they are still a disciplined team. However, it is at home, and they don't have the horses to come into Norman and win. If this game was in The Springs, I would be more concerned.

I am not sure what sort of team that Tubberville will have at Tech. Will it be wide-open? Will be three yards and a cloud of dust? All I can say is this, if Coach has a chance to make a statement to Tech, he will. I think we will destroy Tech, but I put it in this category because I have no idea what Tech will be next year.

Ask any A&M fan, and they would ask why anybody is concerned with them next year. They do have a new DC, but they are at a severe disadvantage talent-wise. Which is why they were so upset about the Nelson and the other guy who went to LSU. They will be motivated, and they have given us headaches down there. Their only hope of winning is to get into a shooting match with us. I think we win, but this game is a trap. That coaching staff is looking for a signature win, let's just hope it's not us.

I say we go 4-0 in that stretch. 3 of the 4 are at home, and the other one is very winnable.

Cincy is an enigma. They lose their best players on offense, their best players on defense, and their coach. However, this will be one of the biggest games Cincy has ever had there. Cincy won't be as good next year as they were this year. WVU, Pitt, and USF are the teams to beat next year in the Big East. This will be Landry's big early season test. We will see here just how well he has improved on the road. I expect a game a lot like the Stanford game- back and forth, hard-fought- but the good guys should come away at the end.

Mizzou has a good young QB, some decent WRs, but have a talent deficit on the defense. This sounds like the times we played them in 2002 and 2006 (Brad Smith and Booger). Gabbert is a better natural QB than either one of those guys, and he should be healthy. However, Pinkel has NEVER beaten OU or *, in fact, he has been routinely destroyed by them. Put pressure on Gabbert, and their O collapses. I think we win this, but it won't be easy.

Now for OUr main rivals. I will go with the Pokes first. Bottom line- they are a one-man show, Kendall Hunter. They have gaping holes at WR, QB, and OL. I am not sold on their D, but they are solid in the kicking game. The thing is that this game is their championship game, and they always play us tough up there. I see in no way how they will consistently move the ball, and I don't see how they will stop OUrs. Again, I think we win, and we should win handily, but rivalry games are weird to predict.

OUr team and * are mirror-images of each other next year, almost down to the player and the coordinators. IMHO, the difference will be that Landry has had more time to get in synch with his receivers than has Gilbert. We have a better running game than they do, but we MUST prove it. OUr front seven should be a headache for them, as it should be for most teams. I think we will have better special teams than them. Coach Stoops is going to throw everything into this game, because if we win this, we could be looking at a special season, and a year or two ahead of schedule. There is no doubt we are due.

I won't jinx the team and say that we will all four of these, but OSU, Mizzou, and Cincy should be wins. * is just too darn close to call. * will probably not be tested, but with FSU, Cincy, and USAFA, we will.

oudavid1
3/12/2010, 09:53 AM
With a freshman QB, receivers who buttered their hands before games and three guys from the parking lot on the Oline.

Haha nice, and I want to play a game or two before we start making plans for Arizona.

TheUnnamedSooner
3/12/2010, 10:10 AM

Maybe because they are pretty much returning the entire team? Plus Johnson could be the best QB in the Big 12 next season, he certainly has the potential to be.

oudavid1
3/12/2010, 10:44 AM
he certainly has the potential to be.

Yeah I agree, I love watching him play. I just hope we can contain him.

JohnnyMack
3/12/2010, 10:47 AM
I'd be happy with 10 - 2.

ndpruitt03
3/12/2010, 11:03 AM
I'm really confident in this years team. I think we lose 1 or possibly 2 after the bowl game. But we should have one of the best defenses in the nation. I'm still worried about the offense a little but Landry showed improvement as the year went on last year. I think he'll only get better.

Ruf/Nek7
3/12/2010, 12:04 PM
I believe we will be 4-0 rolling into dallas. Utah st is a good warm up should win by 4 td's, Florida st will be a good match just curious how they do without bowden, and air force intrigues me bc they will be a good opponent....as for cincy, theyre depleted pike, gilyard, webster, revels and kelly all gone. They do have callaros who is not schabby but dont see much of a huge challenge here. Mizzou and texass are our true tests this season. Possibly A&M but they are replacing alot of Olinemen and we all know how difficult that is.OSucks wont be a bother...they have to replace too much. My predicition 11-1

oksoonerdave
3/12/2010, 12:23 PM
We should win four more games than last year due to a better O-line, QB, and a D that will be as good as last year. It seems that each year, there is one team that is more hungry and us less prepared that we should be and we lose an ugly one. We will be up for Cincy, *, AF, Flordia State, both Aggies, and a revenge against TT. Missouri may be the tough one to win on an away game. I-State and Colorado should not pose a problem.

Boomer Sooner

goingoneight
3/12/2010, 12:40 PM
OU 56 USU 0
OU 41 FSU 14
OU 38 AFA 10
OU 35 UC 24
OU 67 UT 12
OU 49 ISU 6
OU 31 Mizzou 13
OU 55 CU 3
OU 45 BU 7
OU 41 aTm 38
OU 63 TT 14
OU 27 OSU 0 :D

Tell Nebraska to give me their scores so I can predict this BIG 12 Champeenship. :D

BoulderSooner79
3/12/2010, 12:56 PM
I see this year's squad as more predictable than last years. Should have less downside risk, but maybe less upside as well. I'm talking about last year's upside *at this time* - when we still thought we would have Bradford and Gresham. Injuries could blow everything apart, but that's true for every team in the country and I see us having more depth. Landry will be better after spring and fall camps under his belt and he starts with 2 proven receivers in Broyles and Miller. The defense should again be solid and could be much better in the crucial LB corp. The O-line is again the big question mark and the D-line may be thin. There is a lot of truth behind the "win in the trenches" proverb, and we have some issues on both lines, so it's hard to see NC level upside. The good news is the conference will be down in general, so we should have a good shot in every game. UT will have plenty of talent as usual and there is danger in every road game.

huskerland
3/12/2010, 12:58 PM
I look for NU and OU to both beat Texas! I can't wait to get Texas in Lincoln. Texas has been lucking out for years up here. My best hope would be for a NU/OU matchup in the Title game. Then we can all go to the Texaz board to watch them cry and slobber all over each other. The Huskers without Suh, should still field a stout defense and a much improved offense to offset the loss of Suh. NU fans for the most part have had the greatest respect for OU, Not many TEX fans in these parts though. Remember: it's the Red River shoot out not the Orange River Shoot out! OU ~Take back control~!

Boomer38Sooner
3/12/2010, 01:34 PM
as long as we beat TexASS

SoonerLB
3/12/2010, 01:51 PM
With a freshman QB, receivers who buttered their hands before games and three guys from the parking lot on the Oline.

Instant classic! :D

MojoRisen
3/12/2010, 02:02 PM
I look for NU and OU to both beat Texas! I can't wait to get Texas in Lincoln. Texas has been lucking out for years up here. My best hope would be for a NU/OU matchup in the Title game. Then we can all go to the Texaz board to watch them cry and slobber all over each other. The Huskers without Suh, should still field a stout defense and a much improved offense to offset the loss of Suh. NU fans for the most part have had the greatest respect for OU, Not many TEX fans in these parts though. Remember: it's the Red River shoot out not the Orange River Shoot out! OU ~Take back control~!

Texas was real lucky last time they went up there, and were a superior team at the time. I am looking forward to the old rivalry in the BIG 12 Championship- all the marbles. Different environmen't than the Texas thugs...

MiccoMacey
3/12/2010, 02:43 PM
FSU has a lot of athletes, but the game is at home, and they are at a transition point. Make no mistake, this is NOT the FSU of 1990-2000. Right now, they are the 4th best team in FLA, as USF has passed them.

I'll disagree...they scare me as much or more than Texas.

FSU has a good two-year returning QB in Ponder, their entire OLine returns in tact, they have returning starters at RB and WR as well. Their defense is more shaky...they lose their entire secondary, and I believe a lot on their DLine (going from memory right now...I'm at work).

They kind of mirror us in many ways. I like that this is at home, because I would call it a loss in Tallahassee.

As for the rest of the games, we probably agree a lot more than we disagree. I'm not as afraid of Cinci as you are...I think we'll beat them by 20. OSU will be a little more than a one-man show...I like Branden Weeden to step in and play very well. We still beat them, as they don't have enough of anything else (other than the desire to show us up). Other than that, I think you did a great job of analyzing the enemy.

Oh, and by the way, if I haven't said it today...thanks for your service to our country.

JLEW1818
3/12/2010, 07:09 PM
the home win streak win continues in 2010

texas
cincy
tamu
missouri
oklahoma st
baylor

those are the road games i think.

history shows us we will probably lose 1-2 regular season games.

texas is the biggest question for sure.

followed by

Missouri, i think our D will destroy them.

Cincy lost everything valuable.

unless Reggie McNeil is playing, i still like OU over Texas aggie

Oklahoma state blows donkey dong

stoopified
3/12/2010, 07:37 PM
At this point I'm thinking 14-0

BoulderSooner79
3/12/2010, 08:03 PM
14-0 predictions are pretty common in March. Seems like a good plan to me :D

HillbillyRay
3/13/2010, 10:02 AM
i like the early schedule, i think it will help in dallas and we will be battle tested and texas probably will not, if we make to 5-0 i like our shot to run the table, nebraska in the championship game could be epic, with NC imlications like the days of old... GO SOONERS 14-0

oudavid1
3/13/2010, 12:35 PM
as long as we beat TexASS

Ive been saying this my whole life