PDA

View Full Version : Alright hillbilles, what's your MBTI?

My Opinion Matters
3/11/2010, 04:00 PM
(Myers-Briggs Personality Type)

I found the results of this test to be incredibly accurate. It seems like whoever wrote the description of my type (INTJ) has been observing me my entire life. Also I enjoyed all the questions about planning, it made me feel like Batman.

The Link (http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/jtypes2.asp)

A description of my result, the INTJ:

All Rationals are good at planning operations, but Masterminds are head and shoulders above all the rest in contingency planning. Complex operations involve many steps or stages, one following another in a necessary progression, and Masterminds are naturally able to grasp how each one leads to the next, and to prepare alternatives for difficulties that are likely to arise any step of the way. Trying to anticipate every contingency, Masterminds never set off on their current project without a Plan A firmly in mind, but they are always prepared to switch to Plan B or C or D if need be.

Masterminds are rare, comprising no more than, say, one percent of the population, and they are rarely encountered outside their office, factory, school, or laboratory. Although they are highly capable leaders, Masterminds are not at all eager to take command, preferring to stay in the background until others demonstrate their inability to lead. Once they take charge, however, they are thoroughgoing pragmatists. Masterminds are certain that efficiency is indispensable in a well-run organization, and if they encounter inefficiency-any waste of human and material resources-they are quick to realign operations and reassign personnel. Masterminds do not feel bound by established rules and procedures, and traditional authority does not impress them, nor do slogans or catchwords. Only ideas that make sense to them are adopted; those that don't, aren't, no matter who thought of them. Remember, their aim is always maximum efficiency.
In their careers, Masterminds usually rise to positions of responsibility, for they work long and hard and are dedicated in their pursuit of goals, sparing neither their own time and effort nor that of their colleagues and employees. Problem-solving is highly stimulating to Masterminds, who love responding to tangled systems that require careful sorting out. Ordinarily, they verbalize the positive and avoid comments of a negative nature; they are more interested in moving an organization forward than dwelling on mistakes of the past.

Masterminds tend to be much more definite and self-confident than other Rationals, having usually developed a very strong will. Decisions come easily to them; in fact, they can hardly rest until they have things settled and decided. But before they decide anything, they must do the research. Masterminds are highly theoretical, but they insist on looking at all available data before they embrace an idea, and they are suspicious of any statement that is based on shoddy research, or that is not checked against reality.

Alan Greenspan, Ben Bernanke, Dwight D. Eisenhower, General Ulysses S. Grant, Frideriche Nietzsche, Niels Bohr, Peter the Great, Stephen Hawking, John Maynard Keynes, Lise Meitner, Ayn Rand and Sir Isaac Newton are examples of Rational Masterminds.

olevetonahill
3/11/2010, 04:11 PM
ISTP

# moderately expressed introvert
# moderately expressed sensing personality
# moderately expressed thinking personality
# distinctively expressed perceiving personality

C&CDean
3/11/2010, 04:16 PM
I've done MB about a thousand times. Still doesn't mean **** to me.

There's a much better personality-type evaluator out there called True Colors. It's based on MB, but it's a lot more fun, and you can actually remember what you are and what it means. A year after taking MB somebody goes "what are you?" and you have to think "was it an ISTJ or an ENTJ??"

Also, if you want a truly impressive personality-type evaluator check out TAIS. The most accurate - and helpful one I've ever seen. What I like most about it is it tells you exactly what's ****ed up about you. Spot on.

I've administered hundreds of PTEs over the years, and know a fair bit about them.

My Opinion Matters
3/11/2010, 04:18 PM
Well thanks for ****ting all over my thread, Dean.

Crucifax Autumn
3/11/2010, 04:18 PM
I figure out people's personality type by watching the dooshy things they all do.

1890MilesToNorman
3/11/2010, 04:21 PM
I figure out people's personality type by watching the dooshy things they all do.

Friggin peeping Tom!

OhU1
3/11/2010, 04:28 PM
ISTJ.
ISTJs thrive on organization. They keep their lives and environments well-regulated. They bring painstaking attention to detail in their work and will not rest until a job is well completed. They are often dissatisfied with unresolved issues, whether in life or in fiction.

ISTJs are faithful, logical, organized, sensible, and earnest traditionalists. They earn success by thoroughness and dependability. Shutting out distractions, they take a practical, logical approach to their endeavors. Realistic and responsible, they work steadily toward their goals. They enjoy creating order in both their professional and personal lives.

Despite their focus on their internal world, ISTJs prefer dealing with the present and the factual. Keen observers of life, they weigh various options when making decisions. ISTJs are well-prepared for most eventualities and have a good understanding of most situations. They believe in practical objectives, and they value traditions and loyalty.

ISTJs: George Washingon, George H.W. Bush, Harry Truman, Warren Buffett.

I would say a lot of the above is accurate about me. I'm not as obsessed about "order" as the profile indicates. I am pretty skeptical and hard assed when it comes to anecdotal stories and claims not supported by independent facts. I don't have Warren Buffet's money either. :(

BudSooner
3/11/2010, 04:39 PM
Your Type is

Extraverted Intuitive Thinking Judging
Strength of the preferences %
22 25 1 78
You are:
slightly expressed extravert
moderately expressed intuitive personality
slightly expressed thinking personality
very expressed judging personality

WTF?

C&CDean
3/11/2010, 04:41 PM
Exactly. WTF does it all mean?

Sorry for ****ting on your thread MOM, but seriously, check out True Colors and especially TAIS.

Chuck Bao
3/11/2010, 04:44 PM
Wooo hooo!, I'm a mastermind. I pretty much think that in Hillbilly terms that counts for zip. Mastermind of the Hillbillies is like my mullet is longer than yours.

All Rationals are good at planning operations, but Masterminds are head and shoulders above all the rest in contingency planning. Complex operations involve many steps or stages, one following another in a necessary progression, and Masterminds are naturally able to grasp how each one leads to the next, and to prepare alternatives for difficulties that are likely to arise any step of the way. Trying to anticipate every contingency, Masterminds never set off on their current project without a Plan A firmly in mind, but they are always prepared to switch to Plan B or C or D if need be.

Masterminds are rare, comprising no more than, say, one percent of the population, and they are rarely encountered outside their office, factory, school, or laboratory. Although they are highly capable leaders, Masterminds are not at all eager to take command, preferring to stay in the background until others demonstrate their inability to lead. Once they take charge, however, they are thoroughgoing pragmatists. Masterminds are certain that efficiency is indispensable in a well-run organization, and if they encounter inefficiency-any waste of human and material resources-they are quick to realign operations and reassign personnel. Masterminds do not feel bound by established rules and procedures, and traditional authority does not impress them, nor do slogans or catchwords. Only ideas that make sense to them are adopted; those that don't, aren't, no matter who thought of them. Remember, their aim is always maximum efficiency.
In their careers, Masterminds usually rise to positions of responsibility, for they work long and hard and are dedicated in their pursuit of goals, sparing neither their own time and effort nor that of their colleagues and employees. Problem-solving is highly stimulating to Masterminds, who love responding to tangled systems that require careful sorting out. Ordinarily, they verbalize the positive and avoid comments of a negative nature; they are more interested in moving an organization forward than dwelling on mistakes of the past.

Masterminds tend to be much more definite and self-confident than other Rationals, having usually developed a very strong will. Decisions come easily to them; in fact, they can hardly rest until they have things settled and decided. But before they decide anything, they must do the research. Masterminds are highly theoretical, but they insist on looking at all available data before they embrace an idea, and they are suspicious of any statement that is based on shoddy research, or that is not checked against reality.

Alan Greenspan, Ben Bernanke, Dwight D. Eisenhower, General Ulysses S. Grant, Frideriche Nietzsche, Niels Bohr, Peter the Great, Stephen Hawking, John Maynard Keynes, Lise Meitner, Ayn Rand and Sir Isaac Newton are examples of Rational Masterminds.

C&CDean
3/11/2010, 04:51 PM
I went ahead and took this online version just to humor you and myself.

ESTP - along with Donald Trump, Steven Seagall, Jack Nicholson, and Cybil Shepherd.

It did nail my career down though - Management in Business or Education.

BudSooner
3/11/2010, 04:55 PM
I went ahead and took this online version just to humor you and myself.

ESTP - along with Donald Trump, Steven Seagall, Jack Nicholson, and Cybil Shepherd.

It did nail my career down though - Management in Business or Education.
Wow, that is great company to be in. :D

C&CDean
3/11/2010, 04:57 PM
Oh it gets better. These are other famous ESTPs:

Jacob (Esau's brother)
U.S. Presidents:
James Buchanan
Mae West
Ernest Hemingway
Lucille Ball
Roy Rogers
Doris Day
Chuck Yeager
Jack Nicholson
Eddie Murphy
Jimmy Conners
Madonna
Cybil Shepherd
Bruce Willis
Natalie Cole
Michael J. Fox
Joan Cusack
Fictional:
Heathcliffe
Louie DaPalma (Taxi)

Yeah baby, me and Louie!

My Opinion Matters
3/11/2010, 04:59 PM
I'm no American History expert, but I don't think Mae West and Lucille Ball were U.S. Presidents.

C&CDean
3/11/2010, 05:00 PM
No, but they might have ****ed a president or two.

My Opinion Matters
3/11/2010, 05:01 PM
So that's something else you have in common.

Okla-homey
3/11/2010, 05:06 PM
ISTJ.
ISTJs thrive on organization. They keep their lives and environments well-regulated. They bring painstaking attention to detail in their work and will not rest until a job is well completed. They are often dissatisfied with unresolved issues, whether in life or in fiction.

ISTJs are faithful, logical, organized, sensible, and earnest traditionalists. They earn success by thoroughness and dependability. Shutting out distractions, they take a practical, logical approach to their endeavors. Realistic and responsible, they work steadily toward their goals. They enjoy creating order in both their professional and personal lives.

Despite their focus on their internal world, ISTJs prefer dealing with the present and the factual. Keen observers of life, they weigh various options when making decisions. ISTJs are well-prepared for most eventualities and have a good understanding of most situations. They believe in practical objectives, and they value traditions and loyalty.

ISTJs: George Washingon, George H.W. Bush, Harry Truman, Warren Buffett.

I would say a lot of the above is accurate about me. I'm not as obsessed about "order" as the profile indicates. I am pretty skeptical and hard assed when it comes to anecdotal stories and claims not supported by independent facts. I don't have Warren Buffet's money either. :(

me too. ISTJ that is.

TopDawg
3/11/2010, 05:12 PM
I've done MB about a thousand times. Still doesn't mean **** to me.

There's a much better personality-type evaluator out there called True Colors. It's based on MB, but it's a lot more fun, and you can actually remember what you are and what it means. A year after taking MB somebody goes "what are you?" and you have to think "was it an ISTJ or an ENTJ??"

I like True Colors, but I like MBTI more. It's definitely more confusing, but I think if you have the right resources to break it down, it's more beneficial too.

I'm an INTP. One of my INTP traits that I know bugs a lot of you is this one:

Precise about their descriptions, INTPs will often correct others (or be sorely tempted to) if the shade of meaning is a bit off.

I'm just a slightly expressed "I" so sometimes I'm more of an ENTP.

ENTPs...generally love to argue...They tend to have a perverse sense of humor as well, and enjoy playing devil's advocate. They sometimes confuse, even inadvertently hurt, those who don't understand or accept the concept of argument as a sport.

Have any of you done StrengthsFinder?

silverwheels
3/11/2010, 05:18 PM
INTP for me.

Architects often seem difficult to know. They are inclined to be shy except with close friends, and their reserve is difficult to penetrate. Able to concentrate better than any other type, they prefer to work quietly at their computers or drafting tables, and often alone. Architects also become obsessed with analysis, and this can seem to shut others out. Once caught up in a thought process, Architects close off and persevere until they comprehend the issue in all its complexity. Architects prize intelligence, and with their grand desire to grasp the structure of the universe, they can seem arrogant and may show impatience with others who have less ability, or who are less driven.

That seems about right, especially the arrogant part.

Notable INTPs include Isaac Newton, Socrates, Rene Descartes, Charles Darwin, Dwight D. Eisenhower, Carl Jung, Albert Einstein, and Tiger Woods.

Also, I tried to do True Colors, but I'm not paying $34.50 to find out the results so I can post it on a message board for people I don't even know, who will probably ignore it anyway.

SunnySooner
3/11/2010, 05:23 PM
ESFJ, or Guardian Provider.

Providers take it upon themselves to insure the health and welfare of those in their care, but they are also the most sociable of all the Guardians, and thus are the great nurturers of social institutions such as schools, churches, social clubs, and civic groups. Providers are very likely more than ten percent of the population, and this is fortunate for the rest of us, because friendly social service is a key to their nature. Wherever they go, Providers happily give their time and energy to make sure that the needs of others are met, and that social functions are a success.

Highly cooperative themselves, Providers are skilled in maintaining teamwork among their helpers, and are also tireless in their attention to the details of furnishing goods and services. They make excellent chairpersons in charge of dances, banquets, class reunions, charity fund-raisers, and the like. They are without peer as masters of ceremonies, able to speak publicly with ease and confidence. And they are outstanding hosts or hostesses, knowing everyone by name, and seemingly aware of what everyone's been doing. Providers love to entertain, and are always concerned about the needs of their guests, wanting to make sure that all are involved and provided for.

Friendly, outgoing, neighborly - in a word, Providers are gregarious, so much so that they can become restless when isolated from people. They love to talk with others, and will often strike up a conversation with strangers and chat pleasantly about any topic that comes to mind. Friendships matter a great deal to Providers, and their conversations with friends often touch on good times from years past. Family traditions are also sacred to them, and they carefully observe birthdays and anniversaries. In addition, Providers show a delightful fascination with news of their friends and neighbors. If we wish to know what's been going on in the local community, school, or church, they're happy to fill us in on all the details.

Providers are extremely sensitive to the feelings of others, which makes them perhaps the most sympathetic of all the types, but which also leaves them somewhat self-conscious, that is, highly sensitive to what others think of them. Loving and affectionate themselves, they need to be loved in return. In fact, Providers can be crushed by personal criticism, and are happiest when given ample appreciation both for themselves personally and for the tireless service they give to others.

William Howard Taft, Barbara Walters, J C Penney, Ray Kroc, Louis B. Mayer, Sam Walton, Dolley Madison, and Dave Thomas are examples of Provider Guardians.

I'd say that's fairly accurate, although I've gotten less likely to volunteer to be in charge of anything and more protective of my own time and time with my family. I have been told I throw great parties, though, and I do love to entertain. These tests are fun, weird how just a few questions can give you "insight" into yourself and your relationships.

Tulsa_Fireman
3/11/2010, 06:10 PM
INTJ here.

Have no clue what that means. I DID find it funny that when I scored the test, it came back with this.

You are an INTJ. And a gigantic butthole.

StoopTroup
3/11/2010, 06:14 PM
ENFJ

You are:

* very expressed extravert
* slightly expressed intuitive personality
* moderately expressed feeling personality
* slightly expressed judging personality

Bill Clinton, Tony Blair, Clara Barton (Founder of the American Red Cross), Ronald Reagan

Suck it Tuba! ;)

Time for a cigar....and a pizza! :D

GottaHavePride
3/11/2010, 09:09 PM
I'm an ENFP according to that one.

http://keirsey.com/images/headers/idealist_champion.jpg

Like the other Idealists, Champions are rather rare, say two or three percent of the population, but even more than the others they consider intense emotional experiences as being vital to a full life. Champions have a wide range and variety of emotions, and a great passion for novelty. They see life as an exciting drama, pregnant with possibilities for both good and evil, and they want to experience all the meaningful events and fascinating people in the world. The most outgoing of the Idealists, Champions often can't wait to tell others of their extraordinary experiences. Champions can be tireless in talking with others, like fountains that bubble and splash, spilling over their own words to get it all out. And usually this is not simple storytelling; Champions often speak (or write) in the hope of revealing some truth about human experience, or of motivating others with their powerful convictions. Their strong drive to speak out on issues and events, along with their boundless enthusiasm and natural talent with language, makes them the most vivacious and inspiring of all the types.

Fiercely individualistic, Champions strive toward a kind of personal authenticity, and this intention always to be themselves is usually quite attractive to others. At the same time, Champions have outstanding intuitive powers and can tell what is going on inside of others, reading hidden emotions and giving special significance to words or actions. In fact, Champions are constantly scanning the social environment, and no intriguing character or silent motive is likely to escape their attention. Far more than the other Idealists, Champions are keen and probing observers of the people around them, and are capable of intense concentration on another individual. Their attention is rarely passive or casual. On the contrary, Champions tend to be extra sensitive and alert, always ready for emergencies, always on the lookout for what's possible.

Champions are good with people and usually have a wide range of personal relationships. They are warm and full of energy with their friends. They are likable and at ease with colleagues, and handle their employees or students with great skill. They are good in public and on the telephone, and are so spontaneous and dramatic that others love to be in their company.

Champions are positive, exuberant people, and often their confidence in the goodness of life and of human nature makes good things happen.

Joan Baez, Phil Donahue, Paul Robeson, Bill Moyer, Elizibeth Cady Stanton, Joeseph Campbell, Edith Wharton, Sargent Shriver, Charles Dickens, and Upton Sinclair are examples of Idealist Champions
Also, this one is spot-on:

Work Environment: ENFPs are pleasant, easygoing, and usually fun to work with. They come up with great ideas, and are a major asset in brainstorming sessions. Followthrough tends to be a problem, however; they tend to get bored quickly, especially if a newer, more interesting project comes along. They also tend to be procrastinators, both about meeting hard deadlines and about performing any small, uninteresting tasks that they've been assigned. ENFPs are at their most useful when working in a group w ith a J or two to take up the slack.

ENFPs hate bureaucracy, both in principle and in practice; they will always make a point of launching one of their crusades against some aspect of it.
Famous ENFPs:

Franz Joseph Haydn
Samuel Clemens (Mark Twain)
Will Rogers
Buster Keaton
Theodor "Dr." Seuss Geisel (The Cat in the Hat)
Mickey Rooney
James Dobson ("Focus on the Family")
Andy Rooney
Carol Burnett
Paul Harvey
Elizabeth Montgomery (Bewitched)
Bill Cosby (Ghost Dad)
Dom Deluise, actor
Dave Thomas, owner of Wendy's hamburger chain
Lewis Grizzard, newspaper columnist
I. King Jordan, past president of Gallaudet University
Martin Short, actor-comedian
Meg Ryan, actor (When Harry Met Sally)
Robin Williams, actor, comedian (Dead Poet's Society, Mrs. Doubtfire)
Sandra Bullock, actor (Speed, While You Were Sleeping)
Robert Downey (Heart and Souls)
Alicia Silverstone (Clueless)
Sinbad
Andy Kaufman
Regis Philbin
Will Smith
Fictional:

Dr. Doug Ross (ER)
Balkie (Perfect Strangers)
Ariel (The Little Mermaid)
Steve Irkle

EDIT: You can keep your boring presidents. I've got Mark Twain, Buster Keaton, and Robin Williams. :D

XingTheRubicon
3/11/2010, 10:32 PM
INTJ

Steven Hawking, Marie Curie, Hillary Clinton

Great, I'm a crippled, radioactive b*tch.

proud gonzo
3/11/2010, 11:28 PM
INFJ
You are:
moderately expressed introvert
slightly expressed intuitive personality
moderately expressed feeling personality
distinctively expressed judging personality

Counselor Idealist, apparently.

Mohandas Gandhi, Sidney Poitier, Eleanor Roosevelt, Jane Goodall, Emily Bronte, Sir Alec Guiness, Carl Jung, Mary Baker Eddy, Queen Noor

Veritas
3/11/2010, 11:58 PM
INTJ. Like Chuck

TopDawg
3/12/2010, 10:47 AM
Also, my wife is an ESFJ.

Me = INTP
She = ESFJ

http://blogs.citypages.com/gimmenoise/mc%20skat%20kat%20big.jpg

homerSimpsonsBrain
3/12/2010, 10:51 AM
Humm. It said I was a DICK. That cant be right.

soonerboomer93
3/12/2010, 11:01 AM
ISFP

Princess Diana, J.K. Rowling, John Lennon, Florence Nightingale

Soonrboy
3/12/2010, 10:01 PM
IFNJ...with Mother Theresa and Nelson Mandela