PDA

View Full Version : What's Up Ducks????

VA Sooner
3/10/2010, 11:04 PM
What's happening in Eugene????? Criminals running amok.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4983814

What I can't understand is that Masoli has a possible bright future but he steals a computer from a fraternity?

gaylordfan1
3/10/2010, 11:27 PM
Will they keep him on the team? Or suspended for the first half?

oudavid1
3/10/2010, 11:57 PM
Will they keep him on the team? Or suspended for the first half?

He dosnt play for florida and they dont have indisputable video evidence of the crime. Oh waittttt, in oregon they dont look at replay....i forgot.

Leroy Lizard
3/11/2010, 01:08 AM
Time for the coach to bag on another reporter.

Tigeman
3/11/2010, 01:14 AM
Pretty old stuff....

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=139487

Sooner70
3/11/2010, 07:41 AM
Oregon is getting like Texas was a few seasons back when every other day it seemed that somebody was getting arrested or charged with something. Like Miami in former days. To his credit though, Mack seems to have cleaned that stuff up. Of course, Barry had his problems too at OU , so nobody has much room to cast stones if one looks at history.

Anyway, isn't this the school who has the CEO or something of Nike as a big supporter? Probably until he gets fed up, nothing gets done?

I lost a bit of regard for Kelly when he made the brash announcement Blount was "out for the season" when he punched the Boise State player after the first loss last year, then allowed him back on the team. I'm not questioning what he did in letting him back on after penance as much as I am the stupidity of his initial announcement. It was kinda like "...Well, I decreed this, but I really don't mean it, because he's such a good player and we really need him...". That's dumb. I guess some could say it's even dumber to stick with a premature, emotional outburst when he said what he did initially.

gaylordfan1
3/11/2010, 09:00 AM
Phil Knight is the CEO of Nike and a graduate from the University of Oregon. I doubt he has any say other than to drop 4 of their 8 uniforms for a single season. I kinda like Kelly as a coach. He seems to have ran into some trouble with his players while coaching their... but still, I think he is a good coach. There is a good article some where about him personally refunding the money for some tickets to a donor that was unhappy with them. Can't remember if they were season tickets or for a bowl game, but still a good gesture from a head coach.

KantoSooner
3/11/2010, 10:35 AM
It's called schadenfreude, baby!
I reserve the right to torment the ducks by implying that any fan of their team implicitly approves of this behaviour until such time as it stops.

They're all criminal cheaters!

Did they stop beating their children, yet?

Chip Kelly encourages this behaviour....because he's not stopping it.

The only way to address this is to expel all their players, or better, yet, to cancel the football program!

Let the games begin!

badger
3/11/2010, 11:24 AM
Remember back in elementary school when you got a new teacher on the first day that you weren't sure what their discipline and control modes were, so you shut up and behaved initially until you could see how much you could get away with?

Chip Kelly is that new teacher... and he didn't do enough with his new student(-athletes) to show that he is the one in control and he does not have lax discipline standards.

So now, his students are running amok and drawing pictures of sharks on the chalkboard and pulling pigtails when they're supposed to be learning long division... the kind WITHOUT the remainders.

:rolleyes: poor ducks.

:mad: screw that. eff them.