PDA

View Full Version : Sammy annihilates Teblow and Ponyboy on Wonderlic Scores

SunnySooner
3/10/2010, 03:52 PM
No surprise, but still hilarious. Go Sammy!

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/35799570/ns/sports-player_news/

Oklahoma QB Sam Bradford reportedly scored an impressive 36 on the Wonderlic Test.

For comparison, Matt Ryan scored a 32 in 2008. Florida QB Tim Tebow had a 22 the 50-question test, and was outdone by both Colt McCoy of Texas (25) and Notre Dame's Jimmy Clausen (23). None of the scores are close to the red-flag range. Bradford's might have helped his draft stock slightly.

Source: Edgar Thompson on Twitter

Boomer.....
3/10/2010, 03:53 PM
No surprise at all. Sam is a very bright kid!

Jimmy Clausen.............................not so much. :D

Boomer.....
3/10/2010, 03:56 PM
Still, nothing compares to Vincy's 6.

SunnySooner
3/10/2010, 04:00 PM
LOL, I know, you wonder how he functions on a daily basis in normal life with those kinds of "smarts".

CobraKai
3/10/2010, 04:04 PM
According to Wonderlic, 10 is considered literate. In other words, Vince Young would need to almost double his score to rise to the level of "literate."

I just wonder how that mouth breather uses a mouthpiece.

C&CDean
3/10/2010, 04:16 PM
In fairness to Vinny, he had his UT tutor take the test for him...

badger
3/10/2010, 04:16 PM
VY allegedly retook it and showed his literacy. I think Michael Vick's younger idiot brother took the Wonderlic score to an all-time low though :D

yermom
3/10/2010, 04:21 PM
what, did he stomp on the answer sheet too?

rawlingsHOH
3/10/2010, 04:21 PM
Sam's brilliant. You can see it in his eyes.

I'm surprised McCoy scored 25, that is above-average smarts. Hard to believe.

ouleaf
3/10/2010, 04:32 PM
Was anyone really the least bit surprised by this? I doubt Horn and Gator fans even were. Way to go Sam!

stoopified
3/10/2010, 04:33 PM
Sam's brilliant. You can see it in his eyes.

I'm surprised McCoy scored 25, that is above-average smarts. Hard to believe. :D

CobraKai
3/10/2010, 04:40 PM
VY allegedly retook it and showed his literacy. I think Michael Vick's younger idiot brother took the Wonderlic score to an all-time low though :D

Actually the second time he took it he allegedly took the test verbally, so maybe he really is illiterate?

Marcus Vick scored an 11. Smarty.

meoveryouxinfinity
3/10/2010, 04:43 PM
For comparison, here's an interesting article from last year:

http://www.faniq.com/blog/2009-NFL-Wonderlic-Scores-Matt-Stafford-Impresses-Blog-20999

Eielson
3/10/2010, 05:08 PM
They're no Ryan Fitzpatrick, though.

Leroy Lizard
3/10/2010, 05:12 PM
I'm not sure it translates much to playing ability, but if you are trying to form a cohesive unit of players that don't do stupid things (on and off the field) it probably means something. Who wants another Vince "Thank God for Darren Davis" Young?

Widescreen
3/10/2010, 05:12 PM
For comparison, here's an interesting article from last year:

http://www.faniq.com/blog/2009-NFL-Wonderlic-Scores-Matt-Stafford-Impresses-Blog-20999

Darren Davis got a 4. LOL.

Leroy Lizard
3/10/2010, 05:19 PM
Actually the second time he took it he allegedly took the test verbally, so maybe he really is illiterate?

LOL!

"We want you to take this test of your aptitude, Vince"

"Can you read it to me?

rawlingsHOH
3/10/2010, 05:26 PM
in case you were wondering, the lowest score ever on the Wonderlic came courtesy of Darren Davis, a running back from Iowa State who scored a 4.
I could have sworn Frank Gore got a 3. Though he is severely learning disabled altogether and should be commened for what he's done with himself.

KantoSooner
3/10/2010, 05:30 PM
Well, now that the scores are in, I guess that totally vindicates the home schooling Teblow went through.

Oh. No. I guess it would kind of do the opposite.

goingoneight
3/10/2010, 05:57 PM
Academic standards at UT OUr azzes! :D

Big Red Ron
3/10/2010, 06:10 PM
I'm not sure it translates much to playing ability, but if you are trying to form a cohesive unit of players that don't do stupid things (on and off the field) it probably means something. Who wants another Vince "Thank God for Darren Davis" Young?
Look bvack to some of the previous scores and you'll see, the higher thew score the better the player at the QB position.

swardboy
3/10/2010, 06:52 PM
I'm thinking Johnny Unitas would have had an exceptional score if'n he had taken it.

swardboy
3/10/2010, 06:59 PM
To put Bradford’s score into context, here are some Wonderlic scores from other past QBs:
Alex Smith: 40
Eli Manning: 39
Matthew Stafford: 38
Tom Brady: 33
Steve Young: 33
John Elway: 30
Drew Brees: 28
Michael Vick: 20
Vince Young: 15
Donovan McNabb: 14

oudavid1
3/10/2010, 08:18 PM
Still, nothing compares to Vincy's 6.

Dammmm, I'm a Titans fan and would give my left nipple for Sammy B to come there

Sabanball
3/10/2010, 08:29 PM
Not surprising, and not really a big accomplishment when you consider that when Sam, Tebow, and our Greg McElroy camped together last year in New Orleans, GMac beat both of them in efficiency drills. Despite his slowness and awkwardness on passing mechanics, though, I still think some NFL franchise will take a gamble on TT and he will end up surprising a lot of us. His intangibles kind of remind me of what Doug Flutie brought to the pro game--he never won a championship, but did show flashes of greatness at times and had a nice run. Don't bet against him ultimately making it in the NFL, that's all I'm saying. If Sam can stay healthy, I think he will also have a nice career there, but the key word there is "IF"....

Scott D
3/10/2010, 08:48 PM
Not surprising, and not really a big accomplishment when you consider that when Sam, Tebow, and our Greg McElroy camped together last year in New Orleans, GMac beat both of them in efficiency drills. Despite his slowness and awkwardness on passing mechanics, though, I still think some NFL franchise will take a gamble on TT and he will end up surprising a lot of us. His intangibles kind of remind me of what Doug Flutie brought to the pro game--he never won a championship, but did show flashes of greatness at times and had a nice run. Don't bet against him ultimately making it in the NFL, that's all I'm saying. If Sam can stay healthy, I think he will also have a nice career there, but the key word there is "IF"....

so what you're saying is that when Tebow's 40 we can expect him to do some gimmick free kick for old man Belichek in some random game that nobody will be watching? :D

or that Tebow will have an illustrious career in the CFL while being a "cult hero" journeyman every time he tries to ply his trade south of the border. :D

bluedogok
3/10/2010, 08:54 PM
Academic standards at UT OUr azzes! :D
Those apply to the other students....

Scott D
3/10/2010, 08:56 PM
Those apply to the actual students....

fixed ;)

VA Sooner
3/10/2010, 11:00 PM
Not surprised by Bradford's performance. Straight A in high-school, 3.97 in finance at OU... bright kid.

ouleaf
3/11/2010, 10:52 AM
I think I heard somewhere that the average Wonderlic score for the past few Super Bowl winning QBs was right at about 30. Sam is well ahead of that mark.

fwsooner22
3/11/2010, 01:18 PM
Dont forget Pony was there 5 years and thats all ya got.........5 years at the Ivy league school of the south.......

Leroy Lizard
3/11/2010, 01:20 PM
If we want to fix many of the problems in college football, require a wonderlic score of (say) 20 to play in the NFL.

Well, now that the scores are in, I guess that totally vindicates the home schooling Teblow went through.

Oh. No. I guess it would kind of do the opposite.

He scored as well as most, so it vindicates the notion that you don't have to go to a public school to get a decent education. I guess it's all in how you view it.

yermom
3/11/2010, 01:51 PM
from what i remember from those tests, aside from reading, i don't think school really even helps you that much

it's not like they are asking you essay questions

gaylordfan1
3/11/2010, 09:00 PM
Man, has anyone tried to take a sample Wonderlic test? I don't know what it says about be but it's pretty tough. I suck at algebra though. They must have some kind of prep for it. If not I would expect the scores to be much lower. I have also been out of school for 9 years so much of my knowledge has been killed by alcohol in the years past.

Leroy Lizard
3/11/2010, 09:30 PM
How much do the questions vary each year?

gaylordfan1
3/11/2010, 10:11 PM
?????