PDA

View Full Version : Corey Haim Dead

Crucifax Autumn
3/10/2010, 09:27 AM
http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/b171022_lost_boy_forever_corey_haim_dies_38.html?u tm_source=eonline&utm_medium=rssfeeds&utm_campaign=imdb_tv-movies

We hope Corey Haim is dreaming more than just a little dream.

The 1980s teen heartthrob died early Wednesday morning, according to the Los Angeles Police Department. He was 38.

The Lost Boys star is believed to have died of an accidental drug overdose, police told the network. He was unresponsive when discovered in his apartment in L.A.'s San Fernando Valley. He was taken to Providence St. Joseph's Medical Center in nearby Burbank, where he was pronounced dead around 3 a.m.

The actor, one-half of "The Coreys" along with Corey Feldman, had a history of battling drug addiction throughout his career.

Story developing...

C&CDean
3/10/2010, 09:30 AM
Never heard of him. Corey Feldman yes, this guy no.

Crucifax Autumn
3/10/2010, 09:34 AM
He's the other dude in most of Feldman's movies.

He was Michael's little brother in The Lost Boys that says "My own brother...A blood sucking vampire!"

C&CDean
3/10/2010, 09:35 AM
Never heard of the lost boys. The only thing I know Corey Feldman from is The Goonies. That is him, right?

Crucifax Autumn
3/10/2010, 09:36 AM
LOL...Yep, and honestly you're probably better off not knowing most of the rest.

I f*cked up that quote though:

Look at your reflection in the mirror. You're a creature of the night Michael, just like out of a comic book! You're a vampire Michael! My own brother, a godd*mn, sh*t-sucking vampire. You wait 'till mom finds out, buddy!

Crucifax Autumn
3/10/2010, 09:39 AM
Here are a couple of quotes of stuff he said in the past, that show that he was bound to go this way:

"I was numb and I had lots of swollen lymph nodes, my heart was hurting and I had blood clots in my arm and leg." - on his drug-induced stroke.

"I was working on The Lost Boys (1987) when I smoked my first joint. But a year before that, I was starting to drink beer on the set of the film Lucas (1986). I lived in Los Angeles in the '80s, which was not the best place to be. I did cocaine for about a year and a half, then it led to crack. I started on the downers which were a hell of a lot better than the uppers because I was a nervous wreck. But one led to two, two led to four, four led to eight, until at the end it was about 85 a day - the doctors could not believe I was taking that much. And that was just the valium - I'm not talking about the other pills I went through".

Boomer.....
3/10/2010, 09:47 AM
On The Corey's, you could tell that he was strung out and wasn't dealing with things very well. Sad.

Crucifax Autumn
3/10/2010, 09:50 AM
Like I said elsewhere, if Feldman's the one saying you're f*cked up....You REALLY need to lay off the drugs.

yermom
3/10/2010, 09:59 AM
Like I said elsewhere, if Feldman's the one saying you're f*cked up....You REALLY need to lay off the drugs.

yeah, when i saw a bit of The Coreys, Feldman was the one that had it together of the two. that's bad...

Dream a Little Dream, License to Drive, Lost Boys and Lucas were all favorites when i was a kid

Crucifax Autumn
3/10/2010, 10:00 AM
The kids of the 80s are probably pretty upset right now...First Boner and now this!

soonerbrat
3/10/2010, 10:19 AM
oh sorry, didn't see this one.

SoonerProphet
3/10/2010, 10:25 AM
how could you take 85 valium a day and be able to eat, breath, or anything other than drool on yourself.

soonerbrat
3/10/2010, 10:25 AM
i feel like a part of my teenagerhood has died.

soonermix
3/10/2010, 10:47 AM
how could you take 85 valium a day and be able to eat, breath, or anything other than drool on yourself.

the first step is to buy in bulk

Wishboned
3/10/2010, 11:18 AM
Dr. Drew wept!

soonerboy_odanorth
3/10/2010, 11:26 AM
I am so tired of celebrity deaths being "news"....

If only the news outlets gave that much space to our men and women overseas on a daily basis.

goingoneight
3/10/2010, 12:10 PM
Why do people care about celebrities at all? I mean, seeing them in multiple movies and whatnot is cool for familiarity, but I've never understood why people obssess over them. It's ridiculous how many people live and breathe for what Angelina said to Aniston, who killed Michael Jackson and whatnot. Seriously... would you even care or give it a second thought if it was your next-door neighbor?

SteelClip49
3/10/2010, 12:37 PM
this is so not news. It's not even relevant. Just another dipstick who killed himself because he couldn't hack it in Hollywood thus couldn't adjust to the real world.

Now if say Denzel Washington died then that would be World News and very relevant because, well, he actually is someone beyond Hollywood.

Crucifax Autumn
3/10/2010, 12:49 PM
Hell, even when he was hacking it in Hollywood and a huge star he was choking down drugs enough to make Keith Richards look like a Baptist preacher.

Leroy Lizard
3/10/2010, 01:18 PM
I liked him as an actor. I don't care about his death.

Why do people care about celebrities at all? I mean, seeing them in multiple movies and whatnot is cool for familiarity, but I've never understood why people obssess over them. It's ridiculous how many people live and breathe for what Angelina said to Aniston, who killed Michael Jackson and whatnot. Seriously... would you even care or give it a second thought if it was your next-door neighbor?

I raise your question on the football board all the time and get ripped. Why people get all misty-eyed over the mishaps of a person they don't even know is beyond me. Hell, some of the football fans even care about the sports celebrities' finances! "How much is Bradford going to make?!?!" My answer is, "More than I will ever make, so why should I give a ****?"

Leroy Lizard
3/10/2010, 01:21 PM
I am so tired of celebrity deaths being "news"....

I think this news is mildly interesting. But it has zero emotional impact on me.

Now if say Denzel Washington died then that would be World News and very relevant because, well, he actually is someone beyond Hollywood.

I wouldn't give a rat's *** about his death either.

soonervegas
3/10/2010, 01:44 PM
He peaked in that movie "Blown Away" and frankly so did I.

fadada1
3/10/2010, 02:03 PM
feel bad that a guy is dead before his time - i'm only a yer older. don't feel bad for the way it happened. dude had life handed to him on a platter. his fault for dicking it up with drugs. chapter 11 bankrupt... give me a break. loser.

SoonerEMT
3/10/2010, 02:22 PM
He's so dead they're gonna have to bury him twice...

ouduckhunter
3/10/2010, 03:33 PM
The Lost Boys is a fun movie, and I have always loved it.

Too bad that a person gets so fu*ked up on drugs that they can never break away from their hold.

Hot Rod
3/10/2010, 03:54 PM
"You're lucky Anderson...the cup...was EMPTY!"

Leroy Lizard
3/10/2010, 03:57 PM
Loved that movie! I especially liked his sister.

Zbird
3/10/2010, 04:08 PM
this is so not news. It's not even relevant. Just another dipstick who killed himself because he couldn't hack it in Hollywood thus couldn't adjust to the real world.

WHO?

C&CDean
3/10/2010, 04:56 PM
Wait. Denzel Washington is something outside of Hollywood? What might that something be?

BudSooner
3/10/2010, 05:02 PM
Somone who can shoot 1001 yds with a pea shooter?

Leroy Lizard
3/10/2010, 05:13 PM
Wait. Denzel Washington is something outside of Hollywood? What might that something be?

Stumped me too. Ye olde "community leader" perhaps. That's always a good one to fall back on when you haven't done anything.

Jello Biafra
3/10/2010, 05:15 PM
Somone who can shoot 1001 yds with a pea shooter?

i once "kicked" a 5 yard field goal with a weighted paper football.

C&CDean
3/10/2010, 05:15 PM
Yeah, might even get you a president's gig...

SteelClip49
3/10/2010, 05:38 PM
DW is a high profile actor who doesn't always stay in the spotlight because he is very personable and classy...a David Robinson type.

Washington and his family visited soldiers at the Brooke Army Medical Center in San Antonio, Texas. He later made a sizable donation to the Fisher Houses, small hotels that provide rooms for soldiers' families while the soldiers are hospitalized. In October 2006, he published a bestseller entitled A Hand to Guide Me, featuring actors, politicians, athletes, and other public figures recalling their childhood mentors.

Washington is a devout Christian.[19] In 1995 he donated 2.5 million dollars to help build the new West Angeles COGIC facility in Los Angeles at LA's West Angeles Church of God in Christ.[20]

Leroy Lizard
3/10/2010, 07:00 PM
Washington and his family visited soldiers at the Brooke Army Medical Center in San Antonio, Texas. He later made a sizable donation to the Fisher Houses, small hotels that provide rooms for soldiers' families while the soldiers are hospitalized. In October 2006, he had a book ghostwritten for him entitled A Hand to Guide Me, featuring actors, politicians, athletes, and other public figures recalling their childhood mentors.

Fixed.

Washington is a devout Christian.[19] In 1995 he donated 2.5 million dollars to help build the new West Angeles COGIC facility in Los Angeles at LA's West Angeles Church of God in Christ

Wait, fellas! We have here an actor devoted to causes. Yeah, that really separates him from the pack!

I'm not saying that DW is a bad guy. But c'mon, actors do this all the time. It's a nice tax writeoff and generates good publicity. (Notice that we just happen to know about these donations?) His death would mean nothing to me.

BudSooner
3/10/2010, 08:56 PM
Fixed.

Wait, fellas! We have here an actor devoted to causes. Yeah, that really separates him from the pack!

I'm not saying that DW is a bad guy. But c'mon, actors do this all the time. It's a nice tax writeoff and generates good publicity. (Notice that we just happen to know about these donations?) His death would mean nothing to me.

Yeah, but he could have kept the cash and spent it on looking at boobs.

Leroy Lizard
3/10/2010, 08:58 PM
The internet is free.

BudSooner
3/10/2010, 09:05 PM
The internet is free.

Not unless Obama just made it that way, no wifi here.

Leroy Lizard
3/10/2010, 09:36 PM
We need a national wifi plan. That'll fix the problem.