PDA

View Full Version : Well....Bye!

Boarder
3/9/2010, 06:36 PM
This cracked me up...

http://www.aolnews.com/nation/article/rush-limbaugh-says-hell-leave-the-us-if-health-care-reform-is-passed/19389808?ncid=webmaildl1

Specifically, Limbaugh told a caller that he envisions traveling to Costa Rica should the government, through a federal program costing upwards of $1 trillion, expand health care coverage to approximately 30 million Americans who are currently uninsured.

Ironically, Costa Rica offers universal heath care to all of its residents.

PDXsooner
3/9/2010, 06:39 PM
Sweet! I think anyone who threatens to leave should be forced to leave for a minimum of one year.

goingoneight
3/9/2010, 06:40 PM
If a Rush talks his nonsense in Costa Rica, does it make a sound?

SunnySooner
3/9/2010, 06:42 PM
As someone who's had government health care for a long time (military)--all I can say is...you don't want it. Really. You don't. Trust me. I've had both and private is better. Like way. We're talking pure platinum versus electro-plate here.

BudSooner
3/9/2010, 06:52 PM
Johnny Depp left the U.S., said it did it...I respect that.
Alec Baldwin said it, and is still here-he blows.

GKeeper316
3/9/2010, 07:26 PM
As someone who's had government health care for a long time (military)--all I can say is...you don't want it. Really. You don't. Trust me. I've had both and private is better. Like way. We're talking pure platinum versus electro-plate here.

i disagree.

as a child born into a military family, and ex-marine, myself, i never had a problem with military health care. as a matter of fact, it operates faster and more efficiently than private health care, at a fraction of the cost.

sooner59
3/9/2010, 07:41 PM
I don't get why people think that if it passes that they will have to give up their private health care. It isn't going to disappear. It just those who are uninsured will become government insured.

We would become a super-sized Switzerland in terms of health care. The U.S. is far and away number one in spending for health care. The Swiss are number two. The Swiss have a capitalism-based health care market, like we do. But their government covers the 5-10% of their population who do not have private coverage. The only difference is we would have to shell out more money because we have a larger percentage uncovered.

Nobody is going to strip your private care away and shove government-ran care down your throat. The government couldn't even afford to make that big of a switch anyway.

swardboy
3/9/2010, 08:53 PM
Rush said he'd go to Costa Rica for his health care if Drs can't opt out of ObamaCare...not move there.

"I said that if doctors are not permitted to opt out of the government insurance pool and so forth, I'll go to Costa Rica . That's been turned into I'm going to move there if Obamacare passes. Look, insurance companies are establishing health care clinics with quality doctors in places like Costa Rica . I'll go there for treatment, not move there."

sooner59
3/9/2010, 08:58 PM
Rush said he'd go to Costa Rica for his health care if Obamacare passes...not move there.

Damn. :(

85Sooner
3/9/2010, 09:13 PM
I don't get why people think that if it passes that they will have to give up their private health care. It isn't going to disappear. It just those who are uninsured will become government insured.

We would become a super-sized Switzerland in terms of health care. The U.S. is far and away number one in spending for health care. The Swiss are number two. The Swiss have a capitalism-based health care market, like we do. But their government covers the 5-10% of their population who do not have private coverage. The only difference is we would have to shell out more money because we have a larger percentage uncovered.

Nobody is going to strip your private care away and shove government-ran care down your throat. The government couldn't even afford to make that big of a switch anyway.

Geeze , do we have to explain business 101 everytime someone spouts this? Sooner 59 Your private health care will not exist. ( and you better believe this is by design). A business that has to earn a profit and is under the rules set by a government that can run in the red and print money and set the rules will make your private insurance not viable. The first sign will be as employers decide they would rather pay the gov fine than provide insurance for employees because the fine will be cheaper. Its all downhill from there.

Ike
3/9/2010, 09:19 PM
Johnny Depp left the U.S., said it did it...I respect that.
Alec Baldwin said it, and is still here-he blows.

I fully support shipping off Baldwin and Rush together. Someone make this happen.

Boarder
3/9/2010, 09:37 PM
Rush said he'd go to Costa Rica for his health care if Drs can't opt out of ObamaCare...not move there.
Stupid AOL distorting the news!

PDXsooner
3/9/2010, 10:15 PM

i had military health care from the day i was born until i was 23. now i have private. i had no problems with military health care, our family never had any problems. we thought very highly of it.

Scott D
3/9/2010, 10:23 PM
I think the reason is obvious....they'll write higher volumes of Oxycontin prescriptions in Costa Rica no questions asked. ;)

OULenexaman
3/9/2010, 10:31 PM
[QUOTE=SunnySooner;2847928]As someone who's had government health care for a long time (military)--all I can say is...you don't want it. Really. You don't. Trust me. I've had both and private is better. Like way. We're talking pure platinum versus electro-plate here.[/QUOT

I have to agree on the Military govt healthcare....I have an employee who is a Vietnam Vet.....the VA plan is a joke....you should see the crap he has to go through for medical needs he needs...it is sad.....and he turned down the private plan the company offered and pays for....:confused:

sooner ngintunr
3/9/2010, 10:38 PM
i had military health care from the day i was born until i was 23. now i have private. i had no problems with military health care, our family never had any problems. we thought very highly of it.

Me too.

My $6000 yearly premiums today don't get me what I had in the Army. If I had my choice I'd take the Military HC.

OULenexaman
3/9/2010, 10:55 PM
Me too.

My $6000 yearly premiums today don't get me what I had in the Army. If I had my choice I'd take the Military HC.

Well....it has changed...depending on current active Military...or VA benefits...trust me on this one...I see it every day...

sooner59
3/9/2010, 11:58 PM
Geeze , do we have to explain business 101 everytime someone spouts this? Sooner 59 Your private health care will not exist. ( and you better believe this is by design). A business that has to earn a profit and is under the rules set by a government that can run in the red and print money and set the rules will make your private insurance not viable. The first sign will be as employers decide they would rather pay the gov fine than provide insurance for employees because the fine will be cheaper. Its all downhill from there.

When I read stuff like that, I tend to get where you are coming from. There is a picture of it in my head right now.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_uypdrLVtOnE/SwGH7ZZikoI/AAAAAAAAABE/Rd21HJHNIGo/s1600/2012_image.jpg

SunnySooner
3/10/2010, 08:44 AM
Military health care is fine if you're healthy--they do a pretty good job with the preventative type stuff. If you're sick, or have ongoing health concerns, however...it's awful. Trying to see the same doctor on a regular basis is impossible, "routine" appointments (as in, you need to see a doc, but it's not an emergency) have to be made weeks in advance, emergency room wait times are ridiculous (I sat for almost 2 hours in excruciating pain, and my appendix had nearly burst before I was finally seen), getting a specialty referral involves more hoops than a three ring circus, etc. I never had these problems with my private care, I saw the same doctor everytime, he knew my history and took great care of me. I'm glad y'all had a good experience, but from chatting with others like me, I know I'm not alone in my dissatisfaction.

C&CDean
3/10/2010, 09:28 AM
I think what Sunny is trying to say is that it sucks for the wimmins and chilrens.

I was born at Ft. Carson Army Hospital in Colorado Springs. I had all sorts of broken bones mended via orthopaedic surgery, stitches given, hernia operation, and a damn-near fatal staph infection all tended in various military hospitals. For a guy who is normally healthy, the military hospitals are fine. They can slap a cast on your wrist with the best of them.

After I got out of the military myself, I started using the VA. Totally different experience here. Talk about slip-shod health care. We were tended to by mostly interns from the local university trying to learn how to become doctors. When I got married, I finally succumbed and bought health insurance. Had it for the past 34 years or so. No problems at all with what I've got now.

If oblama comes along and ****s up my deal with his socialized medicine agenda I'm gonna be madder than a jap.

SunnySooner
3/10/2010, 09:54 AM
I think what Sunny is trying to say is that it sucks for the wimmins and chilrens.

Exactly. Because we go to the doctor a lot. It's the day-to-day, maintenance, or specialty type crap that is completely the suck, and even though it's free, it's a real pain in the *** to deal with all the time.

C&CDean
3/10/2010, 10:01 AM
Yeah, I could imagine being a chick going in for my gyn crapola. 20-years as a military wife and you've had 20-something different dudes probing your private parts.

RFH Shakes
3/10/2010, 11:28 AM
...20-something different dudes probing your private parts.

Some girls call that a weekend!

bu-dum bum.
Thank you...Thank you!
I'll be here all week.