PDA

View Full Version : Gotta Like Landry's Attitude

PLaw
3/9/2010, 01:58 AM
From the 3/9 Newsok.com article:

"We started our new season back in January,” Jones said. "We’ve been building on that. Had a good winter. Hopefully, we’ll have a good spring and then follow it up in the summer.

"Hopefully, we can go out there in the season and win a national championship.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yep, he has the right goal in mind. To heck with the conference championship talk they rave about in the SEC, PAC-10, and Big 11.

We're OKLAHOMA and we expect to be in a position to win a NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP every year.

BOOMER

goingoneight
3/9/2010, 03:21 AM
If there's a such thing as balance in this universe, we ought to be due for the luckiest season in the history of ever really soon-like. :D

gaylordfan1
3/9/2010, 03:44 AM
I hear he is a good leader.... thats just hear say. He seems too mello to be the leader type to me. But what do I know, I'm posting hear say on a message board.

KantoSooner
3/9/2010, 04:23 AM
Gaylordfan, The same was said about Sam. I'll take either one's style over Tebow's.
Yelling and vein popping is not leadership.

gaylordfan1
3/9/2010, 04:28 AM
True true! As long as he is vocal on the field. Thats all I care about.

budbarrybob
3/9/2010, 04:48 AM
I'm rather fond of the Teddy Roosevelt school of Leadership :D

oudavid1
3/9/2010, 05:03 AM
Sams a supper mello person away from the field, and i believe Landry will be pretty good this year.

SoonerLB
3/9/2010, 05:07 AM
I'm rather fond of the Teddy Roosevelt school of Leadership :D

"Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far" - TR

400 yards per game average would be an appropriate sized stick, wouldn't it? ;)

badger
3/9/2010, 05:17 AM
I dunno about this Landry kid... I heard that some Texas radio station reported that he and Sammie were dealing drugs or something last year.

Link (http://www.thelostogle.com/2008/07/11/bad-satire-taken-seriously/)

(before Landry's dad goes lawyer on me, I would like to clarify that Landry is the most upstanding citizen in the world that would never ever think of dealing drugs - and did I mention I love mustaches too? Oh please, Mr. Jones, don't sue! We love your son!)

KantoSooner
3/9/2010, 06:08 AM
I'm not ready to annoint him quite yet, but Landry is far, far away from anyone we have to worry about this year. He had a statistically superior year to Sam's first (I think) and that was behind a patchwork lineand receiver corps.
Give him a bit more to work with and he will make people pay. As in, Bob and Co. will likelly turn him loose to throw the long ball.

adoniijahsooner
3/9/2010, 08:07 AM
I'm not ready to annoint him quite yet, but Landry is far, far away from anyone we have to worry about this year. He had a statistically superior year to Sam's first (I think) and that was behind a patchwork lineand receiver corps.
Give him a bit more to work with and he will make people pay. As in, Bob and Co. will likelly turn him loose to throw the long ball.

Sam led the country in Pass Eff. as a freshman, and holds the ncaa record for most touchdowns in a season by a freshman...

yermom
3/9/2010, 08:41 AM
yeah, that's a tough act to follow... i mean he was pushing JW's Heisman year stats as a freshman

Laundry did have a statistically better year than either of Heupel's years, i think

KantoSooner
3/9/2010, 09:00 AM
Sam led the country in Pass Eff. as a freshman, and holds the ncaa record for most touchdowns in a season by a freshman...

I don't live in stat land, excuses. Still, Landry had a pretty good year. There are a whole of parts of our team that deserve more worry than QB.

MiccoMacey
3/9/2010, 03:50 PM
He had a statistically superior year to Sam's first .

I stole this from a different site, but I think it ends that myth.

LJ threw for more yards, but Sam had 36 TDs and only 8 INTs while LJ had 26 TDs to 14 INTs. Landry also had 449 Attempts to Sam's 341. That is 108 more attempts that produced about 75 more yards. Plus Sam led the nation in Pass Efficiency, and set the NCAA record for most TDs by a freshman.

So in every category other than total yards, Sam destroyed Landry. And Landry only beat Sam by 75 more yards on 108 more pass attempts.

Not trying to bag on Landry, but this is a totally inaccurate statement.

MiccoMacey
3/9/2010, 03:53 PM
I don't live in stat land, excuses. Still, Landry had a pretty good year. There are a whole of parts of our team that deserve more worry than QB.

We agree...and Sam had the benefit of a better OLine, and established WR corps.

Landry had a good year, considering all that transpired. He's the least of my concerns going in to Spring football.

Things I'd like to see from Landry in Spring is 1) increased accuracy and 2) not locking on to the main receiver.

KantoSooner
3/9/2010, 05:17 PM
We're agreed on that. Micco.
A more effective run game, (because of: a better line? More desperate running by Demarco? Dumb luck?), significantly fewer drops, and Landry starts to scare people.
That and an improved line backer corps and I think we'll be anything from slightly improved to greatly improved.
And Landry will be a big part of it.

AlbqSooner
3/9/2010, 08:52 PM
GET THE FREAKIN BAND OFF THE FIELD AND KICK OFF THE SEASON!!!