PDA

View Full Version : Spring Football on Channel 4.....

Sooner04
3/8/2010, 10:03 PM
and Landry looked to be in mid-season form. They only showed him attempting one pass on the 5:00 newscast, and it was returned for a Pick-6 by Quinton Carter.

JLEW1818
3/8/2010, 10:11 PM
heck yah!

;)

yankee
3/8/2010, 10:22 PM
i like to look at it as carter being in mid-season form. ;)

swardboy
3/8/2010, 10:35 PM
Well dang, now it all hangs on the freshman from Wichita......

BoulderSooner79
3/8/2010, 10:38 PM
Tough crowd !

rawlingsHOH
3/9/2010, 12:24 AM
and Landry looked to be in mid-season form. They only showed him attempting one pass on the 5:00 newscast, and it was returned for a Pick-6 by Quinton Carter.

better ratio than josh heupel

ouwasp
3/9/2010, 01:20 AM

produced a "heh"... :)

josh09
3/9/2010, 01:33 AM
WE ARE SO SCREWED

goingoneight
3/9/2010, 03:10 AM
I'm not gonna believe in him until he throws three picks in one spring game like Sam Bradford did.

Jello Biafra
3/9/2010, 03:14 AM

i wasnt as concerned about that as i was the blitz that was not even attempted to be picked up. didnt catch the number but one of the dbs went on what looked like a corner blitz....noone touched him.

Sooner04
3/9/2010, 03:40 AM
better ratio than josh heupel
Get back to me when Landry's elbow turns to mush and we still win games.

NormanPride
3/9/2010, 03:53 AM
Drew Allen, here we come. :)

gaylordfan1
3/9/2010, 03:57 AM
I hear D. Allen is tall.............

budbarrybob
3/9/2010, 04:51 AM
DOOM!!!

oudavid1
3/9/2010, 05:05 AM

They're the same height but drew is an excellent runner.

Jello Biafra
3/9/2010, 05:38 AM
i wasnt as concerned about that as i was the blitz that was not even attempted to be picked up. didnt catch the number but one of the dbs went on what looked like a corner blitz....noone touched him.

did anyone else see this or was i the only one or did i just imagine it? the wife was blathering on about (im sure) curtains or dishtowels or something and i thought to myself.."that's weird, they didnt stop the play, landry got hit, still made the throw"....then i thought "holy shiiite, why didnt we at least SEE the blitz from the corner no one even made an attempt on him at all"

SoonerPr8r
3/9/2010, 06:08 AM

Ya but does he lift weights?

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
3/9/2010, 06:37 AM
did anyone else see this or was i the only one or did i just imagine it? the wife was blathering on about (im sure) curtains or dishtowels or something and i thought to myself.."that's weird, they didnt stop the play, landry got hit, still made the throw"....then i thought "holy shiiite, why didnt we at least SEE the blitz from the corner no one even made an attempt on him at all"

wait, wait, wait. we are hitting the QB now? that was my one beef with their tutelage of bradford - if you are wearing a blue jersey and not getting hit - at least teach the guys HOW to be tackled. reaching out for the ground is going to get you hurt.

Jello Biafra
3/9/2010, 06:50 AM
wait, wait, wait. we are hitting the QB now? that was my one beef with their tutelage of bradford - if you are wearing a blue jersey and not getting hit - at least teach the guys HOW to be tackled. reaching out for the ground is going to get you hurt.

well, what i saw of it, he just RAN into him and then around him. he didnt wrap him up or anything. jones took the hit then stepped up and still made the throw but i certainly didnt hear the whistle blow.

yukonsooner
3/9/2010, 08:42 PM
I saw a completed pass to Miller. Granted it was low and Miller had to reach for it, but it was a completion.

JLEW1818
3/9/2010, 09:48 PM
i thought Landry graduated ???

John Kochtoston
3/9/2010, 10:11 PM
Mid-season form? Like mid-season last year, when we played Nebraska?

:D

goingoneight
3/10/2010, 12:58 PM

I'm pretty sure we had a running game that helped out, too. Josh's elbow was Landry's ever-changing receiving corps and "mushy" OL.

Wash, though. I don't like to get into that QB comparison crap. Different teams, different times, completely different circumstances.

Sooner04
3/10/2010, 01:03 PM
I'm pretty sure we had a running game that helped out, too.
Not really. We only rushed for 55 yards in the championship game on 36 carries.

josh09
3/10/2010, 03:29 PM
Ya but does he lift weights?

Hes definitely getting bigger, hes in one of my big classes. Looks like hes gotten bigger since January.

soonerboy_odanorth
3/10/2010, 04:19 PM

Bullsh*t, Brandon.

12 points
27 points
13 points.

Get back to me when Landry has a defense good enough that we can still win the last three games of the year with that kind of point production.

Now you apologize for that non sequitur, young man.

Sooner04
3/10/2010, 04:35 PM
Bullsh*t, Brandon.

12 points
27 points
13 points.

Get back to me when Landry has a defense good enough that we can still win the last three games of the year with that kind of point production.

Now you apologize for that non sequitur, young man.
Any of those point totals would've won in Lincoln. They also would've beaten O-State too.

What's your point?

Jello Biafra
3/10/2010, 05:09 PM
Any of those point totals would've won in Lincoln. They also would've beaten O-State too.

What's your point?

i think one of those point totals DID beat ostate. ;)

soonerboy_odanorth
3/18/2010, 05:59 PM

What's your point?

The point is those point productions would have failed miserably against Tech (which they did) and Stanford (which they didn't...because of a superior point production) down the proverbial "championship stretch." (Who can explain the LoSuRs?)

And the point is Landry did just fine in his redshirt freshman year with no freaking offensive line and no freaking receivers and no freaking place kickers. I know you didn't just suddenly forget that had we had a competent place kicker in Lincoln we still probably would have won the game despite Landry's discombobulation. The lack of point production there was not solely Landry's burden.

And the point is, physically, I would gladly take a healthy Landry arm, over a healthy Josh arm. Decision making? Time will tell.

Sorry that Nebraska thing has gotten under your skin so badly, but to compare a 5th year well-traveled old man river like Josh was and who had the defense and special teams he did against young Landry and what he had to work with fits the bill quite well as a non sequitur of an argument.

Their situations are not comparable.

OUmillenium
3/18/2010, 10:46 PM
True, because if their sits were comparable, Bradford would have never gotten hurt and LJ would have a career total of about 17 snaps.

MclOUvin
3/19/2010, 02:43 AM
Im just glad we can atleast smell football around the corner again, how long til September?

Sooner in Tampa
3/19/2010, 08:01 AM
WE ARE DOOOOOMED!!!

RedstickSooner
3/21/2010, 09:45 PM
Is our spring game gonna be on ESPN this year, or are we opting out again?

SoonerDood
3/21/2010, 09:48 PM
Not really. We only rushed for 55 yards in the championship game on 36 carries.

we also had about 40 taken away on that safety. Overall though, the 2000 team couldn't run when they had to.

Leroy Lizard
3/21/2010, 11:04 PM
Did the safety count against our rushing total, or special teams?

misplacedsooner
3/22/2010, 12:46 AM
[QUOTE=soonerboy_odanorth;2852747]

And the point is Landry did just fine in his redshirt freshman year with no freaking offensive line and no freaking receivers and no freaking place kickers.

i can agree with the no offensive line and the no placekickers but really...your saying NO recievers??? there was a guy by the name of broyals...have you heard of him?? i think he was pretty decent.

gaylordfan1
3/22/2010, 01:06 AM
Heard of him? Hell, I can spell his name.... BROYLES. :D

misplacedsooner
3/22/2010, 01:32 AM
ah dang...is that it??

aurorasooner
3/22/2010, 02:59 AM
Is our spring game gonna be on ESPN this year, or are we opting out again?
Spring Games (more will be added)
Saturday, March 27th
LSU Spring Game 3:00 p.m. ESPN2 (HD)
Miami Spring Game 3:30 p.m. CSS Cable
Sunday, April 4th
Texas Spring Game TBA (FCS Central / Time Warner) (Cable)
Saturday, April 10th
Georgia Spring Game 1:00 p.m. CSS Cable
North Carolina Spring Game 2:00 p.m. ESPN (HD)
Clemson Spring Game 3:00 p.m. CSS Cable
Saturday, April 17th
Auburn Spring Game 1:00 p.m. ESPNU
Ole Miss Spring Game 1:00 p.m. CSS Cable
Alabama Spring Game 2:00 p.m. ESPN (HD)
Saturday, April 24th
Penn State Spring Game 1:00 p.m. ESPN2

http://www.lsufootball.net/tvschedule.htm

GKeeper316
3/22/2010, 03:58 AM

ya thats one way to look at it.

im lookin at it as a throttling defense, salty as hell, ready to give us a few shutouts this season :P

badger
3/22/2010, 11:57 AM

So you're saying Landry threw a touchdown pass to one of his teammates?

goingoneight
3/22/2010, 11:58 AM
midseason as in 3 TDs on the road versus KU, 4 TDs against KSU or 5 picks on the road against the best defense in the country?

Bourbon St Sooner
3/24/2010, 04:52 PM

What's your point?

And having anybody on the team that could kick a damn ball through the frickin uprights would have won the game in Lincoln too.

What's your point?

stoopified
3/25/2010, 05:22 AM
Im just glad we can atleast smell football around the corner again, how long til September?If you can smell football now,you have got a heck of a sniffer.I can't even catch a whiff until after the FOURTH OF JULY.